0368A523-550A-4C2B-81EF-FD7369047937 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20210827-113956_Gallery (resized).jpg
3C646A44-44C2-4566-B5D8-0F32E3C9E198 (resized).jpeg
031C240B-08C9-476B-B1D8-D525A0B1CAC0 (resized).jpeg
5ABA5C99-63D3-4B0D-930C-6C58CD85C886 (resized).jpeg
121E65BB-9545-480E-96C1-1F078B6DE368 (resized).jpeg
B0299A5C-88AF-4477-B7F8-9A5545037DAF (resized).jpeg
7E0CEAE5-107C-463C-BF88-26593A08CE26 (resized).jpeg

There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 2 years ago

I am having trouble with the upper playfield bolts, particularly the pivot bolt assy and locking bolt.
All the original hardware is missing, but what bolts were supposed to be here and were there 'sleeves' covering the pivot bolts as well? Thanks all!

2 weeks later
#252 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a new mpu board for my Banzai Run? I recently sent mine out to a repair tech and he said it had too much battery acid on it to be fixed.

Added 21 months ago:

Found it!

2 months later
#253 1 year ago

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section...but I am looking for a Banzai run metal bracket thats holds the upper and lower playfield glass together....it's stainless steel.....thanks if you have one for sale or know the dimensions I would be very interested. Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 5.59.59 PM (resized).png
#254 1 year ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section...but I am looking for a Banzai run metal bracket thats holds the upper and lower playfield glass together....it's stainless steel.....thanks if you have one for sale or know the dimensions I would be very interested. Thanks[quoted image]

The one that was in my game was rubber, they make a metal one!?

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section...but I am looking for a Banzai run metal bracket thats holds the upper and lower playfield glass together....it's stainless steel.....thanks if you have one for sale or know the dimensions I would be very interested. Thanks[quoted image]

Again I'm in for one

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The one that was in my game was rubber, they make a metal one!?

Yes it seems common to find this piece missing....so operators used rubber, plastic and mine has what looks like a wooden broomstick handle...ugghh

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

or know the dimensions I would be very interested

Here is mine. I could do some measuring for you. Kind of a tricky piece. 2 pieces of stainless, each with 3 bends in it, then spot welded together. If you are in a shop that is equipped to do that type of thing, it might be a snap. In the last pic, the PF glass sits on that decal and the BG fits in the channel above it.
DSCF7074 (resized).JPGDSCF7075 (resized).JPGDSCF7079 (resized).JPGDSCF7081 (resized).JPG

#258 1 year ago

If ChosenS doesn't get the measurements and make this , I would appreciate the measurements so that I could get one made, thanks for your effort!

Quoted from dozer1:

Here is mine

#259 1 year ago

This should pretty well do it. As far as the angles go, the "actual traced" part should get you real close. (most likely right on) Fine tune with your BG and PFG as needed.

Banzai trim (resized).jpg
#260 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

This should pretty well do it. As far as the angles go, the "actual traced" part should get you real close. (most likely right on) Fine tune with your BG and PFG as needed.[quoted image]

Thank you for images and measurements....I am going to try to get this made......would love to have an original to hand the metal worker but the measurements should be good enough.....

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from alansarcade:

would love to have an original to hand the metal worker

No doubt that would be best. You should be fine though with the pics and measurements.

#262 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

This should pretty well do it. As far as the angles go, the "actual traced" part should get you real close. (most likely right on) Fine tune with your BG and PFG as needed.[quoted image]

Yeah this is not an original Banzai trim piece but rather a homemade version....it seems to do the job though.....I'm still holding out for an original piece

#263 1 year ago

There was a pinball restore guy in AZ that made some of these in metal years ago. He also did playfield Touchup and clear but I can’t remember the name.

My former BR has a version made of hard rubber. I don’t know if it was original or not but it fit perfectly.

3 weeks later
#264 1 year ago

Was hoping the Banzai smarter then I club could help with some guidance. Finished my Banzai restoration (Long procrastination...) and have some insert lights out in a common row. Diagnosed to J7 on the interconnect board (pin 3 I believe?) and the signal goes To the interconnect board on that wire but does not leave? Solder looks good my Guess is its one of the Omron relays not switching over?? Any thoughts or things anyone could suggest would be Greatly appreciated. Game turned out amazing (only took me 9 years....) but this last minute glitch has me puzzled. Thanks.

#265 1 year ago

Any thoughts? I’m still stuck on the relay being the issue but as I’m not certain what there purpose it’s still a guess.

2 weeks later
#266 1 year ago

Just nearing the completion of a Banzai Run restoration, the pin had been modified with regard to the wiring of the two eject scoops on the lower playfield. I'm trying to revert it back to the correct wiring, however I'm unable to locate the second wire for the Left Eject. I have the Brown-Grey, but cannot locate the second red wire. Is anyone able to offer any assistance?

Cheers

Ray

1 week later
#267 1 year ago

Hey guys, a generous pinsider loaned me his carrier bracket so I could measure up and make this part available once again.

Here is the repro version (though a little bit of guess work around the ball as the one sent to me has been fixed - sort of) and I also want to do a upgraded beefed up version of this bracket near the ball to fill that section up to the notched section near the ball - Is this doable or does something fill this channel like part of the assembly, wires etc. I want to beef it up as I have seen many failing around there and this upgrade should ensure the part will last for a long time.

Please share any feedback

banzai-9thJan-1 (resized).pngbanzai-9thJan-2 (resized).png
#268 1 year ago

I was looking at mine which is installed, so I cannot see the underside by the magnet. My guess is there would have to be a couple of wires there to energize the magnet. My feedback would be as long as the material you are using is as strong as the original material, I wouldn't change anything. That piece gets damaged when you fold the head and don't realize you should run the magnet up a ways on the upper PF. I know this because I did this on my game before, but caught it before it broke.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from dozer1:

My guess is there would have to be a couple of wires there to energize the magnet.

The wire runs from behind the upper playfield through the ball lifter to the magnet in the cylinder ...
Biggest trick is to ensure the flex cable doesn't snag when moving up or down
Thanks to Swinks for making unobtanium part better than new !

#270 1 year ago

The best I can do is this pic, hope it's helpful. As @transprtr4u said, thanks a bunch swinks for making this part. I believe quite a few Banzais can use one.

DSCF7147 (resized).JPG
#271 1 year ago

At last! Thanks to you and Transprtr4u! I wonder how many people had a broken, or at least damaged, lifter...
As Dozer said, I'm sure it will hold out just fine.

#272 1 year ago

if anybody requires a cyclist decal let me know having a bunch made!
Again I cannot thank Swinks enough, I sent my ball lifter to him just after the hoilday, and hes gone way beyond to get this done in a timely manner!
please help support him and his efforts !

#273 1 year ago

I'd be interested, since mine's bottom is rubbing away against the glass, but the outline isn't of the same colour as the ones I see online...

20200110_182015 (resized).jpg
#274 1 year ago
Quoted from antinea:

I'd be interested, since mine's bottom is rubbing away against the glass, but the outline isn't of the same colour as the ones I see online...[quoted image]

It looks like you have a plastic lift channel on your backglass that might be the cause of your decal rubbing. It might also be causing more strain on your carrier bracket.

If you haven’t already put the word out, I suggest that you try and find the original metal version.

#275 1 year ago

There's indeed a plastic lift channel on all sides; it's been there since at least 1995, though. The rubbing is actually caused by a damaged lifter that someone repaired with putty but didn't carefully do it (I highly suspect it was the local pinball repair guy a few years ago, since he didn't even put the right size of rubbers in the Freestyle area), so now the lifter is tilted a little backward, causing the bottom to rub.

Edit: not being a native english speaker, I misunderstood the whole "lift channel" thing; it's just, if I'm using the correct word, a plastic trim on every sides.

#276 1 year ago

Thanks for the info guys that helps alot and a big thanks to transprtr4u for risking sending the part to me (as always scary that a part may go missing in the mail) and trusting me to do this. But as others know I do this to help the hobby guys out and if lucky break even with a couple of sales in which I only make a small 20% commission on any units sold.

The colour in the images is just the colour I am using for the modelling because if I use black you would not see all the details. It will be available in black and a few other colours.

check out my website and the pinball drop down for the various pinball parts made available
https://swinks.com.au/

Shapeways uses solid nylon and bonds the particulars together with a laser and much much better than home printed which have a honeycomb filling. Marco Specialities often buys various parts from my store and stocks them in their store so things like the Goldeneye Sat Dish, 80's ball launcher and recently the Doctor Who MPF opto carrier have been performing well and saved people's games and allowed them to use their games as intended and avoiding dodgy hacks.

Here is an image of the 2 types that I will make available - regular and upgraded where I have beefed up the section around the ball but not extending higher than the ball to make the part stronger.

upgraded section (resized).png

Check out the cross section image to see the area thickened up will still allow for cables to pass through. I put a 2mm radius on these corners so remove any chance of cable wearing.

upgraded section cut (resized).png

From here I will order one and check the sizing and then return original and new part to transprtr4u to install the new one in his game and check that it is fully functional so allow about a month for all this to happen.

cheers

Jady

#277 1 year ago

I finished a few partial print tests and good to go and ordered one and heading straight to transprtr4u for a install check as payment for covering the postage to send his installed one to me.

we should have some reports on fit and use in about 3 weeks

1 week later
#278 1 year ago

Decals, done .. Will go through the PMs and food up

1579716520419634801403005686471 (resized).jpg
#279 1 year ago

The new and improved Ball lifter is on it way , when it arrives will do the test fit and report back
Rob

#280 1 year ago

Where can I find the most reasonable priced display for this game?

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I find the most reasonable priced display for this game?

I have an original working display... changed mine out to the LED version ...

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I have an original working display... changed mine out to the LED version ...

PM sent

2 weeks later
#283 1 year ago

New Ball Lifter installed , works flawlessly !
Very smooth running up and down the track ..
The original cracked lifter would make the assembly wobble from side to side ...
The piece is super strong and looks like it's going to be more durable than the 30+ year old original.
Thanks Swinks awesome recreation... unobtanium now obtainable .
Side note for those who PM'd me about the decal , will return emails and start getting them out the door!
Been a crazy couple of weeks at work
Regards
Rob

IMG_20200124_1826339 (resized).jpgIMG_20200124_1826434 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_1115353 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_1114373 (resized).jpg
#284 1 year ago

Anybody requiring the rider decal please send me a PM with your address and postal or zipcode and I will get them out to you ...

#285 1 year ago

Thanks so much Rob for the review and testing, BUT also for trusting me and taking the risk to send me your part, so a big thanks to you allowing this to happen.

Also for everyone's awareness, Rob was sent the upgraded, beefed up section version and hopefully will last a long long time.

These are available here at Shapeways at the moment and you can choose a different coloured version.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksbanzai

#286 1 year ago

Backup ball lifter is in the house. I know I'll sleep much better now.

Thanks a bunch swinks and transprtr4u for making this happen!

20200212_131559 (resized).jpg
#287 1 year ago

A big thank you to both of you for making these parts and decals available. Love my BR!

#288 1 year ago

As previously said, a huge thank you to @swinks and @transprtr4u for making this finally available! Getting a couple of them, just in case.

I'm a little unsure how to replace the lifter, but I guess I'll just unscrew the whole things and see how things work.

#289 1 year ago

Glad everyone is happy with the new improved Ball Lifter , those who PM'd regarding the rider decal all have been sent I have about 5 more spare decals so if anyone is in need let me know.

3 weeks later
#290 1 year ago

I have two GI problems and I'm unfamiliar with System11, so I'm asking you guys:

1) the right side of the playfield usually turns off (two bumpers, the slingshot, and under the ramp) at some point, so I have to wiggle J8 on the interconnect board until it's lit again. Then it eventually turns off again, even if I'm not playing. I already replaced that connector, both male and female.

2) the two inlane lights have stopped working. The bulbs are fine.

Any idea?

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from antinea:

I have to wiggle J8 on the interconnect board until it's lit again

If you can wiggle and change something (turn it on when it is off) that's gotta be fixed obviously. One time I had a diode that was cold soldered right by J-8 or J-7 can't remember which one. I was sure it was the connector or secondly, re-flowing the pins on the board. Those 2 things didn't do it. Started to gently push on things around the area and presto. 1 diode was the culprit. Try and target in on the problem, making sure you are not accidentally wiggling the next connector too. The problem could be there, throwing you off.

Other thing to consider. Not trying to be offensive, but is your re-pinning of J-8 done well? Are the crimp connectors done in a quality manner? Just asking because I have seen some shit ones on games that I have bought. You might want to check and / or re-pin J-7 as well. If there is any visible corrosion on the pins of it anywhere, it would need to be done for sure.

#292 1 year ago

No offense taken. It was my first time changing and wiring a connector, so it's definitely not very, uh... aesthetically pleasing, but I thought it was okay. I'll take your advice and check J8 and J7.

3 weeks later
#293 1 year ago

After an eternity because the lockdown makes postal deliveries even slower, I carefully re-pinned J8, and so far it seems to be perfect. Thank you, Dozer!

But repairing a flipper is rarely over: I mentionned earlier that the two inlane lights weren't working. Turns out, it's actually the whole column 3 of the lower playfield that's out; instead, in test mode, it lights the upper playfield's column 9 (which lights again when testing this column).
Since it's my first time dabbling with a lamp matrix, I don't know what to look for/test.
Is there something obvious I should start with?

3 months later
#294 1 year ago

So I figure this is the thread to ask this question. I finally have my BR up and running after sitting (shamefully) broken in my furnace room for years. I'm working on a few tweaks but this issue is driving me nuts. To the immediate left of the ball saucer that traps the ball and lets it get picked up by the magnet to go to the upper playfield there is a flat plastic square. On my game this is a total ball trap area. Did I maybe put something back together wrong? Is there a known fix for this? I supposed I might have the level off in the back but it looks Ok, any ideas?

TIA!

#295 1 year ago

not sure if this is part of what the issue is but if you need the ball lift bracket you can find it here

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

So I figure this is the thread to ask this question. I finally have my BR up and running after sitting (shamefully) broken in my furnace room for years. I'm working on a few tweaks but this issue is driving me nuts. To the immediate left of the ball saucer that traps the ball and lets it get picked up by the magnet to go to the upper playfield there is a flat plastic square. On my game this is a total ball trap area. Did I maybe put something back together wrong? Is there a known fix for this? I supposed I might have the level off in the back but it looks Ok, any ideas?
TIA!

Do you have a photo? On my BZ the square piece is at the end of the saucer, so that the ball hits it and back into the saucer.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

not sure if this is part of what the issue is but if you need the ball lift bracket you can find it here

I have one of those ordered as a spare but I don't think that is my issue. I will snap a picture.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from razoraustralia:

Do you have a photo? On my BZ the square piece is at the end of the saucer, so that the ball hits it and back into the saucer.

Sorry, it isn't the metal backstop piece. It has artwork on it, now I'm wondering if I installed it wrong. Like, should it be tilted to the right or something? It's the plastic in the picture just to the left of the saucer catch. Mine is flat, should it be tipped somehow?

IMG_0755(1) (resized).jpg
#299 1 year ago

mine has something similar to this behind the saucer

detail (resized).jpg
1 week later
#300 1 year ago

I received Victor's Banzai interconnect board last week the quality of his work is amazing. I really like the sockets for the relays as the relays gave me issues on my game. Banzai Run is a special pin in my collection and I am thrilled that someone like Victor takes the time and effort to insure that difficult parts to obtain are available to keep these games going long term.

IMG_1484 (resized).JPG
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside