Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190129_185003_329 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190129_162713 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190129_162700 (resized).jpg
IMG_0138 (resized).JPG
IMG_0136 (resized).JPG
685D1AD9-24B2-4935-B536-9F05E18DB0AF (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
P1070014 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
2E84D86A-4B87-4422-999E-BDF40BFB2592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0839 (resized).jpg
20180314_191127[1] (resized).jpg
20180314_191030[1] (resized).jpg

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 months ago

looking for a little a little clarification. My game arrived yesterday and after booting up my Balllifter began to recalibrate itself. I tried to follow the procedure for this action but there is no info in the owner's manual for this?
Any assistance is appreciated!

#202 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

looking for a little a little clarification. My game arrived yesterday and after booting up my Balllifter began to recalibrate itself. I tried to follow the procedure for this action but there is no info in the owner's manual for this?
Any assistance is appreciated!

Depends on what proceedure your looking for. After boot the ball lifter cycles to the upper switch then back down to the bottom and complete.

#203 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

pper switch then back down to the bottom and complete.

on my display, it states "recalibrating" and repeatedly moves up and down?

#204 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

on my display, it states "recalibrating" and repeatedly moves up and down?

Sounds like you have a switch problem in the backbox playfield that is not registering.

#205 5 months ago
Quoted from djh00000:

a switch problem in the backbox playfield that is not registering

was thinking the same, will get further into my new toy this weekend ... thanks for the help much appreciated!

#206 5 months ago

It is typical for the machine to reclibrate up and down two or three times before coming to rest when the batteries have been replaced and memory lost.

#207 5 months ago
Quoted from EEE:

It is typical for the machine to reclibrate up and down two or three times before coming to rest when the batteries have been replaced and memory lost.

thanks that helps immensely

#208 5 months ago

sure there are going to be several posts from me due to my new acquisition. Has anybody pulled the Mylar from their game? what were the results?

#209 5 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

sure there are going to be several posts from me due to my new acquisition. Has anybody pulled the Mylar from their game? what were the results?

From every Playfield restorer I talked to they said Don’t do it unless you have a serious problem! This era game is known to loose most of the art and inserts. I personally used the Treasure Cove polishing kit on the Playfield and Mylar and it shines like new. Unless you have some terrible wear I would leave it alone.

#210 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From every Playfield restorer I talked to they said Don’t do it unless you have a serious problem! This era game is known to loose most of the art and inserts. I personally used the Treasure Cove polishing kit on the Playfield and Mylar and it shines like new. Unless you have some terrible wear I would leave it alone.

Black Knight 2000 as an example.

#211 5 months ago

Point on Mylar removal taken! Thanks again ...
Cycled through the tests ... Four switches need replacing including the top of the ball lifter , so I'm assuming my issue is the switch.
I put new batteries in as they were removed prior to storage of the game. I put in new non leak lithium batteries and still shows "factory reset" upon reboot!
So that's my next challenge.

#212 5 months ago

A picture of placement for the telephone like cable would be greatly appreciated ...

1 month later
#213 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Like others said, when you pull the mylar off, you're definitely going to have to deal with replacing insert texts. And probably with a lot of other stuff as well.

Years ago, I bought my Banzai Run as an abandoned project: in pieces. The previous owner had pulled off the mylar, and lots of inserts were damaged because of it. It took me very long to get the playfield back to the quality I wanted.

Considering the inserts, I took out every single one of them, cleaned them, sanded them, polished them, cleaned them again, glued them back in the playfield and put a decal on them. After that, I had to retouch the imperfections of the decals. This was before the existence of playfield protectors, so I had to clearcoat the playfield to protect it and the new decals from damage and to make the surface flat again.

My Banzai Run does look beautiful in the end, but this was one hell of a project. I don't think I'd want a project of these proportions ever again.

#214 4 months ago

After removing the all the playfield parts , deep cleaning and 3 coats of pure wax the playfield looks quite good.
Have a new playfield on order and will store that for future use, at that point I would restore the current one!
Thanks to all for the input, it's always appreciated...
In the past I've had great success in removing Mylar with Citrus D.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#215 4 months ago

Save your money. You don’t need a new playfield. You’re looks very nice.

#216 4 months ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Save your money. You don’t need a new playfield. You’re looks very nice.

got lucky, bought sight unseen!

#217 4 months ago

For the ball lifter is there a bracket or holder that holds the stretchable cord, mine seems to be snagged as it goes up & down? a pic wouldn't hurt!

2 months later
#218 60 days ago

After 5 (?) years, I finally received a CPR repro playfield today. Very very nice!

685D1AD9-24B2-4935-B536-9F05E18DB0AF (resized).jpeg
#219 60 days ago

Has anyone here installed a micro playfield in their BR. That one also comes as a package with the upper playfield. Shame you can’t get it individually

#220 59 days ago

I do sell the upper playfield only for 550 usd shipped. The set is 1099 usd shipped. And the 100 usd off next purchase voucher is still included till e d of the year...

There are also good deals with unbreakable plastics sets and back glass available...

Regards,
Mirco

2 weeks later
#221 45 days ago

Can anyone take a quick picture of how the switches go against the pop bumpers ? Mine seem to me shorting and blowing the fuse? Any help would be appreciated ....

#222 41 days ago

I am still looking for a lift channel; anyone have an extra, or know of a good fabricator that can make one? Mantis is a no-go.

#223 41 days ago

I would be in for one ,the plastic lift channel on mine is a bit sloppy

2 weeks later
#224 24 days ago

Posted a CPR Gold playfield for sale in the market place,if anyone is interested...

#225 22 days ago

Just received my silver playfield from CPR - I was a bit slow to order.
I am very pleased, the clearcoat is thick and like glass.
I have a German TAF and i would say this is a superior finish.
Very pleased after waiting all these years.

IMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0138 (resized).JPG
#226 22 days ago
Quoted from kimber:

superior finish

Looks awesome ....new day for BR owners, good for forty more years

#227 21 days ago
Quoted from kimber:

Just received my silver playfield from CPR - I was a bit slow to order.
I am very pleased, the clearcoat is thick and like glass.
I have a German TAF and i would say this is a superior finish.
Very pleased after waiting all these years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great but look how many miles are already on it! Congrats looks like you have a fun project ahead of you now.

#228 18 days ago

Followed by new CPR Backglass, very nice.

Photos dont do it justice, looks great.

IMG_20190129_162700 (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_162713 (resized).jpg
#229 15 days ago

Just wondering if anyone has a recommended LED Kit listing for Banzai Run?

#230 15 days ago

Mirco complete set installation in Progress!

IMG_20190129_185003_329 (resized).jpg
#231 15 days ago

I'm jealous Al!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 1,400.00
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside