Screenshot_20240105_104140_YouTube (resized).jpg
IMG_3597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3598 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 1 year ago

Picking up a HEP banzai run very soon. It's been a grail game of mine. I'm pretty amazed to have found one of the 2 HEPs ever done and been able to buy it. Someone is looking out for me!

20_G (resized).jpg20_G (resized).jpg52_G (resized).jpg52_G (resized).jpg5_G (resized).jpg5_G (resized).jpg6_G (resized).jpg6_G (resized).jpg7_G (resized).jpg7_G (resized).jpg
#452 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Picking up a HEP banzai run very soon. It's been a grail game of mine. I'm pretty amazed to have found one of the 2 HEPs ever done and been able to buy it. Someone is looking out for me![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do yourself a favour and remove the batteries asap and install a nvram chip!

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Do yourself a favour and remove the batteries asap and install a nvram chip!

I imagine that has already been done but will know when it arrives from Washington state.

#454 1 year ago

That’s a 20+K machine easily. I’m absolutely jealous.

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I imagine that has already been done but will know when it arrives from Washington state.

Spoiler alert: There are batteries on board in the pic.

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Spoiler alert: There are batteries on board in the pic.

The pictures are 12 years old.

#457 1 year ago

I am so close to getting my game running, but I believe I have a connector plugged in wrong. Game boots but when I hit a test button the lights dim and doesn’t work. Anyone know what color wires are on the test button connector on CPU?

1 week later
#458 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed how many Banzai Runs have come up for sale this year? It's got to be at least 15 since the year started. I used to only see this game come up for sale maybe 2 or 3 times a year max, but they have been everywhere this year.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Has anyone else noticed how many Banzai Runs have come up for sale this year? It's got to be at least 15 since the year started. I used to only see this game come up for sale maybe 2 or 3 times a year max, but they have been everywhere this year.

While I can’t speak for anyone other than myself - I wonder if it’s because we are in a spectacular time of great new games being introduced. Even though I turned a 2 car garage into a dedicated game room, I can only fit so many pins into it. So if you want to add something, you have to subtract.

A few years ago, I didn’t have this temptation as I could always find more space. Now, I like all my games together and don’t think I can put one by itself… or could I.

2 weeks later
#460 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

I’m clearing out my parts bin. This is a partial set of used plastics and some wiring, flasher boards & switch from the ramp.
Make a reasonable offer and add for usps shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Free playfield plastics, just pay for shipping. See above post #450 for pics.

Added 12 months ago:

Claimed

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Free playfield plastics, just pay for shipping. See above post #450 for pics.

Pm

1 week later
#462 1 year ago

Had a pin leave today and I just had to take a picture of this beautiful original cabinet. Never get to see it when the cave is full.

1F9D19A6-A191-464E-B92F-D1A4AFCCCBB4 (resized).jpeg1F9D19A6-A191-464E-B92F-D1A4AFCCCBB4 (resized).jpegA280E91E-6B26-48D2-ABA7-D7EB3CAF621A (resized).jpegA280E91E-6B26-48D2-ABA7-D7EB3CAF621A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#463 1 year ago

Just came across this topic and I do hope to share more of my Banzai Run story someday, I have had my own machine for almost three years now but got hooked on pinball and the game trough a friend.

I do have one quick custom on my game most of the time when the ball does not make it into the hill entrance lane it always comes down right between the flippers for a center drain. Is this supposed to happen or are the lane guides not in the right angles?

#464 12 months ago

Alright after two years of restoring this game I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Can someone tell me what these wires are cut for and where they go I don’t see a place for them. Looks like GI wiring.

A0FE9500-2C8A-4F47-9B05-E016B76F513D (resized).jpegA0FE9500-2C8A-4F47-9B05-E016B76F513D (resized).jpegAF5A4F8E-BA25-4515-9D7C-40303A9ED7B1 (resized).jpegAF5A4F8E-BA25-4515-9D7C-40303A9ED7B1 (resized).jpeg

#465 12 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright after two years of restoring this game I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Can someone tell me what these wires are cut for and where they go I don’t see a place for them. Looks like GI wiring.
[quoted image][quoted image]

From what I can see they are the Special Solenoid Switch for the Lower Right Pop Bumper

#466 12 months ago

I have an extra Banzai backglass available, I'll have it at the Allentown show looking for a reasonable offer

#467 12 months ago
Quoted from bobvl:

From what I can see they are the Special Solenoid Switch for the Lower Right Pop Bumper

Okay that makes sense I believe that solenoid doesn't work. Do you have a picture of the area?

#468 12 months ago
Quoted from bobvl:

Alright check it out tonight and the complete switch stack is gone.

#469 12 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay that makes sense I believe that solenoid doesn't work. Do you have a picture of the area?

Please see attached picture, if you need more please let me know. The Switch assembly has part number a-7459-7, however it does not come with the diode, resistor and capacitor (that was when I ordered a new set). The diode is a standard 4001, the resistor is 100ohm 1/4w and the cap is a 22ufd 16v according to the manual.

IMG_2713 (resized).jpgIMG_2713 (resized).jpg
#470 12 months ago
Quoted from bobvl:

Just came across this topic and I do hope to share more of my Banzai Run story someday, I have had my own machine for almost three years now but got hooked on pinball and the game trough a friend.
I do have one quick custom on my game most of the time when the ball does not make it into the hill entrance lane it always comes down right between the flippers for a center drain. Is this supposed to happen or are the lane guides not in the right angles?

It's not supposed to be like that. Adjust the lane guide and/or the leg levelers.

#471 11 months ago
Quoted from bobvl:

Please see attached picture, if you need more please let me know. The Switch assembly has part number a-7459-7, however it does not come with the diode, resistor and capacitor (that was when I ordered a new set). The diode is a standard 4001, the resistor is 100ohm 1/4w and the cap is a 22ufd 16v according to the manual.
[quoted image]

Thanks, I just ordered the switch through pinball life hopefully I can get it installed and working this weekend.

#472 11 months ago

Does somebody know the difference between L1 and L3 roms ? Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#473 11 months ago

Hey Banzai Runners. I have a strange favor to ask. Can anyone post or PM me a well lit high resolution picture of Green Machine? I’m looking to use it in a non-pinball context and can’t find a clear non-pixelated image to use. Many thanks in advance!

3 weeks later
#474 10 months ago

I am helping a buddy with a Banzai Run. His display was out so he picked up an XPin for it. When he went to replace it he found that his original display had been really hacked, and I am talking the big board with all of the lamp sockets. He had a bunch of wires hand soldered to the lamp sockets and some connected together. He said there was what looked like a burn mark around some connector holes to the side.

I went out took a closer look at the xpin display on his site and saw that it had a 6 pin header there so I am making a bet my buddy's game used to have it as well. Can someone with a game take a picture of that connector and what the wire colors are for the pinout? His manual doesn't seem to have any drawings of it to tell how to connect it up.

#475 10 months ago
Quoted from Bugsy_D:

I am helping a buddy with a Banzai Run. His display was out so he picked up an XPin for it. When he went to replace it he found that his original display had been really hacked, and I am talking the big board with all of the lamp sockets. He had a bunch of wires hand soldered to the lamp sockets and some connected together. He said there was what looked like a burn mark around some connector holes to the side.
I went out took a closer look at the xpin display on his site and saw that it had a 6 pin header there so I am making a bet my buddy's game used to have it as well. Can someone with a game take a picture of that connector and what the wire colors are for the pinout? His manual doesn't seem to have any drawings of it to tell how to connect it up.

Tell me which connector you need a better pic of and I can take a closer pic of it if this pic doesn’t help

375E60BC-5FFF-4385-896F-B132E87CDD4A (resized).jpeg375E60BC-5FFF-4385-896F-B132E87CDD4A (resized).jpeg
#476 10 months ago

Hi, joined the club last weekend.

This machine has hard a hard life and is going to require a playfield swap and full restore.

One thing I notice right away is the trim piece between the 2 bits of glass was never fitted but the original operator (the plastic protector on the backglass is still in place).

Seems like the factory part isn't available anywhere, and I can't really find any good pictures or information on what it actually looks like in any detail. There is something on an earlier thread here but I think even that was based on a homemade solution rather that the factory.

Is anyone able to share some decent photos of this trim so I can see how it works and if I might be able to get something made locally (I am in the UK).

Cheers

Cris

#477 10 months ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

Hey Banzai Runners. I have a strange favor to ask. Can anyone post or PM me a well lit high resolution picture of Green Machine? I’m looking to use it in a non-pinball context and can’t find a clear non-pixelated image to use. Many thanks in advance!

And if someone’s taking pictures, could you grab me a shot of Green Machine, please? Thanks.

#478 10 months ago
Quoted from CrisUK:

Is anyone able to share some decent photos of this trim so I can see how it works and if I might be able to get something made locally

Hi and congrats on the "new" Banzai! Here's a few photos. The black strip should be pretty easy to make. Just covers the back edge of the glass with an angled section to sit against the metal strip on the lower edge of the upper pf glass. Good luck!

20230613_175955 (resized).jpg20230613_175955 (resized).jpg20230613_180008 (resized).jpg20230613_180008 (resized).jpg20230613_180030 (resized).jpg20230613_180030 (resized).jpg
#479 10 months ago
Quoted from TheGiggler:

And if someone’s taking pictures, could you grab me a shot of Green Machine, please? Thanks.

Here you go! The colors are a bit faded on mine, but hope this works.

20230613_180109 (resized).jpg20230613_180109 (resized).jpg

#480 10 months ago

Perfect! Thank you.

#481 10 months ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Hi and congrats on the "new" Banzai! Here's a few photos. The black strip should be pretty easy to make. Just covers the back edge of the glass with an angled section to sit against the metal strip on the lower edge of the upper pf glass. Good luck!

Ahhh so there are 2 pieces? One Stainless Steel and one black plastic?

This is starting to make some sense. I couldn't work out what I was seeing in the pictures online.

Do you have a picture of the cross section of the Stainless piece as well please?

Cheers

Cris

#482 10 months ago
Quoted from CrisUK:

Do you have a picture of the cross section of the Stainless piece as well please?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii/page/6#post-5307330

1 week later
#483 10 months ago

Just posted a new gameplay tutorial for Banzai Run that some folks here may appreciate: https://www.kineticist.co/post/how-to-play-williams-banzai-run

challenge accepted moving and grooving to banzai run (resized).pngchallenge accepted moving and grooving to banzai run (resized).pngbanzai run pinball quick tutorial (resized).pngbanzai run pinball quick tutorial (resized).png
1 week later
#484 9 months ago
Quoted from kineticist:

Just posted a new gameplay tutorial for Banzai Run that some folks here may appreciate: https://www.kineticist.co/post/how-to-play-williams-banzai-run[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice write up!

Ps. Holy shit, almost 2 weeks later and I'm your first thumbs up? A shame this club is so dead

1 month later
#485 8 months ago

Could anyone help me out with some pictures of the ball lift parts disassembled?
I have the magnet and lifter part, but the outside tube is missing - and I'm not 100% sure how it all fits together.
Mine was hacked up with some wood screws ... and I can't find anything online or in the manual that shows all the parts.

QVWEYMVT (resized).jpegQVWEYMVT (resized).jpeg
#486 8 months ago

Can anyone with the correct glass channel please post some pictures?
I know someone who want to try recreate it. Measurements would be very helpful.
Thanks.

#487 8 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Can anyone with the correct glass channel please post some pictures?
I know someone who want to try recreate it. Measurements would be very helpful.
Thanks.

Hi! Do you mean the plastic trim piece, or the metal channel? I posted #478 above with photos of the black plastic channel. Should be very easy to make.

The metal channel has already been documented with photos, measurements, and drawings in the following post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii/page/6#post-5307330

Good luck!

#488 8 months ago

This doesn't look quite right .... still looking for some pictures of the lift parts disassembled.
I'll probably have to make the tube myself.
Is it 32mm inner diameter and about 50mm long or something?
How is the magnet/coil assembly fixed to the tube?

2023-08-14 20.42.05 (resized).jpg2023-08-14 20.42.05 (resized).jpg
#489 8 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

This doesn't look quite right .... still looking for some pictures of the lift parts disassembled.
I'll probably have to make the tube myself.
Is it 32mm inner diameter and about 50mm long or something?
How is the magnet/coil assembly fixed to the tube?
[quoted image]

Well .. to answer my own question, I found this patent application and a page from a Williams parts book which give some clues.

EP89307429NWA1.pdfEP89307429NWA1.pdfdownload (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#490 8 months ago

I received some images of the ball lift, so I'll post them here for future reference.

366260010_653821289790507_7258330780221938835_n (resized).jpg366260010_653821289790507_7258330780221938835_n (resized).jpg366753899_805965064531282_1550788958553371969_n (resized).jpg366753899_805965064531282_1550788958553371969_n (resized).jpg366758528_801425358193978_3708282479737146931_n (resized).jpg366758528_801425358193978_3708282479737146931_n (resized).jpg
#491 8 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I received some images of the ball lift, so I'll post them here for future reference.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! That should be easy to sketch up & 3D Print.

1 week later
#492 8 months ago

Looking for opinions on reproduction plastics for Banzai, CPR vs Mirco. Anybody seen both? Which are nicer? Even if you haven't seen both let me know which you have and if you're happy with the quality. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#493 7 months ago

My Banzai was missing the magnet assembly. With some help of several pinsiders I was able to put something together that works. Here are some pictures. I was able to get some measurements off one that belongs to a local pinsider I am including - maybe someone could print replacements?

IMG_0143 (resized).jpegIMG_0143 (resized).jpegIMG_0145 (resized).jpegIMG_0145 (resized).jpegIMG_0146 (resized).jpegIMG_0146 (resized).jpegIMG_0147 (resized).jpegIMG_0147 (resized).jpegIMG_0150 (resized).jpegIMG_0150 (resized).jpegIMG_0161 (resized).jpegIMG_0161 (resized).jpegIMG_0163 (resized).jpegIMG_0163 (resized).jpegIMG_0170 (resized).jpegIMG_0170 (resized).jpegIMG_0171 (resized).jpegIMG_0171 (resized).jpegIMG_0172 (resized).jpegIMG_0172 (resized).jpeg
#494 7 months ago
IMG_0178 (resized).jpegIMG_0178 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#495 6 months ago

2 months later
#496 4 months ago

A little problem has started on my game. On the upper playfield, in between the flippers, the post seems to pop out 3 times and doesn't go back down. After 3 pops, it stops. I found one thing online about a spring missing, but mine has the spring. In test mode, the switch works. Anyone have any other info on how this mechanism works? Its annoying but I can still play the game so not a horrible issue. I have a big tournament new years eve so want to get this working normally. Thats the only issue in my lineup currently.

#497 4 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

A little problem has started on my game. On the upper playfield, in between the flippers, the post seems to pop out 3 times and doesn't go back down. After 3 pops, it stops. I found one thing online about a spring missing, but mine has the spring. In test mode, the switch works. Anyone have any other info on how this mechanism works? Its annoying but I can still play the game so not a horrible issue. I have a big tournament new years eve so want to get this working normally. Thats the only issue in my lineup currently.

It does the same on mine, I assumed this was how it was supposed to work?

#498 4 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

That's weird. If you machine pops 3 times, then the post would be left in the UP position. The center post mech on Banzai uses the same mech as Radicals X-ramp diverter, Earthshaker's CA/NV diverter...just a coil which fires and sets or resets the mech. The coil should only fire once to pop the center post out, then the coil should fire once more to stow the center post. In the mech there's a small spring which helps guide the black plastic shoe to move one direction, then the other. Maybe it has broken or is missing. You can barely see it in the picture here. It's hooked to the top of that black plastic piece. If this mech isn't working properly then the center post won't stay out properly.

VideoCapture_20231215-220405 (resized).jpgVideoCapture_20231215-220405 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#499 3 months ago

We have a BR at our local clubhouse -- league play can be a bit of a grind because players just cliff jump all day. I think PAPA had a ROM that capped the cliff jump value so it wasn't as lucrative? Anyone have this ROM they could send me, or know of some other creative solution? Thanks!

#500 3 months ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

We have a BR at our local clubhouse -- league play can be a bit of a grind because players just cliff jump all day. I think PAPA had a ROM that capped the cliff jump value so it wasn't as lucrative? Anyone have this ROM they could send me, or know of some other creative solution? Thanks!

Do you kill the skill shot from qualifying the upper and make sure none of the riders are auto lit? Doesn’t help with the cliff jump value, but it will make it more challenging to get there.
Interested in any ROMS as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 1,490.00
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 523 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-club-banzaiiiiiiiiiiii/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.