20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2550 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I will donate to Pinside if someone makes a topic listing all of the prices games sold for at this event.
I wonder if there were any Corp / Company buyers who took home a large % o these games.
This would be a nice service for folks looking to evaluate the value of games for insurance purposes..

Pinside itself is a nice service your already using. Why not just donate for that value?

2 weeks later
#4366 2 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

As a counterpoint I give you this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/5616-video-zone-staunton-va
Owner found out with a months notice the day after Thanksgiving 2020 that the Staunton Mall he was in was being shut down and all businesses would be kicked out. He had 30 days to liquidate everything, all 50 games. The place had been in business continually over 2 decades run by him and his mom. He couldn't just store it all away as there was no location to stuff it all, and no retail locations with affordable rent to reconstitute the business. Many of the games were broken because there just wasn't the funds to repair. On that timetable, it became literally sell to any available buyer. Most of it went to Coinopwarehouse. He had enough I believe to pay off any outstanding debt, but that's basically it. This is how most arcades end, not with a bang but a whimper. No media stories, no outrageous windfall for having held games 20+ years. Vivisectioned and whatever remained of the carcass was given away.
We all lament the closing of MOP, and no doubt it was a loss. But the real loss, was all the arcades that ACTUALLY closed down and went out of business because they relied on the funds generated day to day to pay their rent or mortgage. There were no customers, rent was due, and so they closed. On the otherhand MOP closed down because John realized he could make bank leasing out the space for pot growing. I'm sure Mr Weeks is a very nice man, and everyone on here that helped keep up MOP seem to have little bad to say about him. Games will go to good homes and live on to be played by others in their basement. But lets be clear the "loss" if thats what we want to call it was a financial decision on his part to cash in his chips, not a loss due to the economy wrecking ones livelihood and closing their 20 year business.

Interesting but not sure I understand. Seemed like a really nice place, does it only count as a loss if they are crushed by a devistating blow and their end is not failure? I find it nice to know someone invested in the hobby and sharing Didn't get crushed.

2 weeks later
#4503 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

He’s stoked. Harrison was the one hitting the bid button during the auction.
My wife and I were telling him when to bid. I took over bidding once it got to the five figure mark.
Oddly enough my wife was the one who pushed me to bid that high because she knew I really wanted it and if I didn’t get this one I would probably not get a chance to buy another.
My son was asking pretty much every day when it was going to arrive.
Pretty cool and for sure one of my top five black and whites in my collection.

Great story and family decision. When you stop analizing pinball as fair market or wise purchase and see it as what will bring you and your family enjoyment together you made the right choice. One persons rathional is anothers objection. Hope you and your family enjoy that great new game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.