20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I find it weird the number of posts and threads where people are essentially asking for money in a hobby where low-end games go for $2500 and there are posts asking six figures for rare games. SELL YOUR SHIT, people. Don't ask for handouts when you have easily liquidated assets that are nothing buy pure luxury items.

Add this to another thread were people beg for money for their pinball museum, but can't sell any pins. I think this hobby has a lot of horders. I would start with that POS box of lights called Magic Girl.

#74 2 years ago

This is obviously a troll account. Too much knowledge of users to never have had an account.

#80 2 years ago

I guess there's nothing like blowing a load. You have been pent up.

#82 2 years ago

No, just here for the drama.

2 months later
#3437 2 years ago

This thread is so different than the warehouse find thread from last year. There's a lot less racoon poop for one. I can't wait to see how this goes a couple weeks from now when people actually received what they bought and see the condition for HEP prices.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

[Query for longtime Pinsiders, re other big auctions & "elite" auctions]

What thread was that ?
I haven't been a member here as long as many of you, but I recall that there was some huge auction in Tulsa, in 2018.
Maybe someone who knows can answer this. There was a guy who traveled around the country buying up select pins for occasional, upper-echelon auctions. A lot of the pins he would auction were rare, or supposedly elite specimens -- at (then) commensurate pricing. For these auctions, he published a (near-Sotheby's ?) catalog that puts to shame the vague, useless, one-sentence boiler-plate line rubber-stamped at CAW. It had full descriptions of history (if known), the condition, with at least a few pretty good photos. WHO was that ? Is he still operating, or has he gone through a "Slick Chick drain", not to be seen again ?
I think I must have a couple of those catalog pages somewhere, saved as PDF, but at the moment have no idea where. Some time later, I recalled a couple posts stating that his descriptions could in some cases be overly generous as to condition. But I don't think that was due to any deliberate chicanery. His auctions gave the impression of being a class act.
[Addendum: Trying to find some record of this, I started going through a lot of old emails. I'm sure I must have been on his mailing list, but so far nothing. Then I checked a master database of the files from a bunch of old computers. The one hit I came up with was Morphy Auctions. The file was dated 2014. I'm thinking that was likely the one. Still active ?]
One other thing to add: I'd be very skeptical that ANY of the SoCal dealers bought anything from this auction, due to the additional markup they would have to impose in order to turn a profit. I mean, WHAT is the adjective that captures "beyond insane" ?

It wasn't an auction, but a warehouse sale. It was a fun read at the time:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-sell-a-warehouse-of-arcade-games-and-pins

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

I don't know a lot of guys who wouldn't be
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6c7492d52e1829cf13160f951a254f6ebf184749-1632325850-1800"};
//]]>

Ignorance is bliss as they say. He got what he wanted and is happy. If he doesn't know that he overpaid then good for him. We don't need to burst his bubble.

I'm curious what he has to say about price, but obviously could be awkward unless he brings it up.

#3620 2 years ago

I almost forgot about this. I'm now watching on Twitch. I missed the first weekend. Looks like technical difficulties were solved.

#3622 2 years ago

I've seen about 10 EM lots and the prices are way down from before.

#3628 2 years ago

They must have really wanted more for Roller Coaster. They will not let it go for $1900.

Edit: Two minutes of trying to sell didn't move the meter.

#3636 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

My Mystic just tripled in value! Woo Hoo! It’s a keeper for me, but still.

But is is museam quality?

#3642 2 years ago

Now they got past the EMs, it's $8,300 for Black Knight solid state. First DMD is Ripley's for $7,500. Back to crazy town. These are hammer prices.

#3646 2 years ago

Above for sure. Doesn't even need to be Christmas.

#3651 2 years ago

Now my gues is $20K. They are still talking about it.

#3654 2 years ago

Oh, what a disspointment. $15,500 hammer.

#3662 2 years ago

Non working Torpedo starts at $3500 internet bid. Oops, internet bidder didn't see not working. Now sold for $3,300. Good luck finding parts.

#3665 2 years ago

Not booting Batman DE starts at $5,5500. Oops again, internet didn't realize and now $3,900. Of course, just an easy board fix needed according to auctioneer. Techs you will be getting calls.

#3668 2 years ago

Never heard of it, so I just assumed.

#3672 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

DE’s 3rd game. Boards are hard to get for it because the first one has its own particular boards, they changed them for 2nd and 3rd game (Secret Service & Torpedo Alley) and then everything after that was different.
Parts are standard DE stuff, but plastics used to be unobtainium till JodyG remade them.

Go to love the community keeping stuff going.

#3677 2 years ago

See you all tomorrow unless you all want to discuss.

#3680 2 years ago

I went several years with no modern pin and finally got the wife to agree on a DMD last year for $1,000 more than it would have been previous years. Was hoping for another one in the line up, but now pinball pricing is just enterainment. I'm out for now.

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

That Batman hasn't worked in two years. It has some kind of strange rom issue.

Maybe just a fuse?

#3719 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That's the only Williams / Bally WPC era machine that we could never get to work.
Ever.
After 4 years of trying.
So someone paid $5,900 for arguably the worst WPC title made... that doesn't even work. Fun times!

Are we talking about the Bugs Bunny? I don't remeber that one being non-playing watching the auction. Did it flip, but was glitchy?

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Higher hammer on Oktoberfest than NIB price. Stunning.

Yeah, couldn't find AP's pricing on their website. Definitly over NIB after fees.

#3809 2 years ago

For those in the know, what is the real story with the Cosmic Carnival? Does it really just need the code?

Did it go for $5,100? I looked away. Maybe not that bad if it can easily get running.

Edit price: Thanks GroggyFrogFace.

#3813 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

ACNC $6700, Bad Cats $9900 Sorry Spooky

I feel bad for the person that paid $9,900 for the Bad Cats, not Spooky.

#3831 2 years ago

ACDC BIB gets love at 18,500, hammer. I didn't see that coming.

#3838 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are these guys going to tell their life story to continue to get bids in for CSI....Holy cow....

They had technical difficulties and didn't want dead air.

#4166 2 years ago
Quoted from srt-8:

That Rat Race is so cool

And pricey $40,500 hammer.

#4182 2 years ago

All of these guys telling their wives, don't worry about price. We'll break even at worst, hunny. You can't lose money on a pinball machine.

#4191 2 years ago

Magic Girl deppreciation for sure.

#4196 2 years ago

I would much rather have that Rat Race. It was really cool where Magic Girl was made by a thief.

Edit: and is not a complete game.

#4202 2 years ago

For those in the know, why would they have games with ColorDMD if they cared about originality?

#4204 2 years ago

Will Elvis do better than Tron LE?

#4205 2 years ago

No Elvis crazies in the room I guess.

#4208 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Sooooo happy Magic Girl didn't hit the roof. So long poopashit !

me too

#4214 2 years ago

Most expensive WWE ever at $10K hammer.

#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

You know, I was quite intrigued by TBL. (No idea whether that would have held up with a more sustained exposure to it.) Only got to play it a couple times at MOP, since there was always a decent line waiting -- whenever it was up and working, that is. I think I saw it listed as "In Production", either here on Pinside or at IPDB. If so, why is that ? I thought Dutch Pinball went bust ? Surely a pipe dream, but I'd like to see this game continued by JJP, or __ ?
There was said to be one of these at the annex to that Korean BBQ restaurant in L.A.'s SFV . . . but not available for public play, due to the game's described "fragility." So I guess you'd need to be a friend of the owner, in order to play it.

No Dutch did not go out business. It was close though. EA's still receiving their paid for games for every 3 new TBL orders made, I believe.

#4250 2 years ago

My theory is this split up a large collection nobody had a chance at any game prior because creating a museum is a good way to cover for hoarding (he had NIB games unpackaged for cyring out load) might be a good thing because of prices. Several buyers will get tired of their new games that need work and will try to resale in a year, maybe a few years. These will sit until the seller realizes they will never get their money back, and maybe prices self correct.

Edit: Thought process is games that were held up will now be available in the future at non bulk or auction prices.

#4253 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

The NIB box games were ordered prior to the decision to liquidate, and were intended to be set up in the new location in Palm Springs and open to the public... a deal which all fell through a couple months ago.
Referring to John as a "hoarder" instead of a collector or enthusiast is fairly disrespectful.

Only implied in a way with how many he had and some not even opened. Relax man. Yes, everything was too neat to be a real "H". Lighten up.

2 weeks later
#4530 2 years ago

Is this turning into the HF White Claw thread?

5 months later
#4729 2 years ago

This gofundme is a joke like most. If they are worth money then they are worth it to the owner to move. No matter the cost. This is stupid shit.

6 months later
#4748 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

The only result that matters
[quoted image]

I heard someone bought that to give to Lloyd.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.