20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpetefromsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Feel free to correct me. I tried to volunteer but scheduling on their part didn't work out. You would know better than I would.

When did you try volunteering? If in the last year, covid paused the group except for a handful of top techs. The tech program is tough to run for just 1 guy that has 3 full time jobs. And before he arrived a few years back, there was no program. We always welcomed new techs.

I know the tech program very well, and although not perfect, its pretty amazing for anyone that devoted time to it.

Someone posted that tech provide parts, We do actually. We love the family the MOP built. I myself have made lifetime friends because of the MOP. I personally have donated, parts, time, blood, sweat and now tears. Its become part of our lifestyle.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from museumofpinball:

Friends, staff and volunteers...stay tuned for an update coming in a few weeks...and please in the meantime, try and be nice to each other.
We all share the same interest and love of pinball, so let's try and be respectful of everyone.
I understand there are a lot of questions about the future of MOP, and truly appreciate all the support, ideas and concerns. Please stay tuned.
Regardless of what the future holds for the MOP, let's be thankful for the good times we have had over the last 5+ years. All of which was made possible by the staff, fantastic and dedicated volunteers, friends and visitors and of course my father John Weeks. He has graciously shared what is probably the most epic collection in the world of pins and arcade games with thousands of people.
P.S We have not painted ourselves into any corner We paint outside the lines, always have and always will.
Thanks again and hope everyone can stay happy and healthy,
Johnathon Weeks
MOP

Thanks for stepping up Johnathon.
Heres one thing I have learned about the family at the MOP, never, I mean never count them out. John did not get to where he is by painting himself into a corner. Jonathon, Johns son, is just as ambitious as his father. They are constantly shifting and transforming multiple businesses. Its who they are, not by choice, by design.

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Having visited the MoP several times, and taken many photos of the games in the collection, it saddens me to see what is currently going on. Hoping for a solution.
Allow me to suggest something stupid: instead of buying an existing building, isn't it cheaper to buy some land somewhere, ramp up a building or two and store the whole collection there? That would take care of the first priorities. From there you can expand and get up and running again.

I agree, cheap land in the same area is plentiful, and do a tilt up construction building. The issue is the power grid. Thats why a weed farm is leasing the existing building it at such a high value, the infrastructure is there.
The building they wanted, the old newspaper plant, had the infrastructure and the sqftage.

2 weeks later
#210 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I volunteered when I had time
Mr Weeks bought us lunch every time we went to help
We were fed during events
When we needed parts we added it to the marco order John paid for, the parts were there the following tech day
We had access to an incredible collection of games that we got to play year round
Your stories of us paying for most of the parts and buying food are bullshit. Sure a few of us donated parts that we had but were no way obligated to...
We were happy to be there

Well said, I gave up 100s if not 1000s of hours and dollars to the MOP. I would do it again and again. You know what I got in return? 6 years of good times, friendships that will last a lifetime, and no fucken shit, I got a dog. This place has opened up opportunities for so many people. It truly is a family of techs. I walked in 6 years ago a guest and am walking with an experience I know will never happen again.

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

It saddens me to hear you talking about Laser War like that.

Dude you give laser wars more credit then it deserves. She's a beaut Clark.

#329 2 years ago

Captain and the crew have been big supporters of the MOP for as long as I can remember. It would be easy to guess they will be involved. If you have seen Captain aka Chris auctioning in the "barn" he can jam through games when he needs to. To do this many games, it would take multiple weekends, and leave very little time for the logistics of moving stuff out. But if you ever saw what it was like the days leading up to events and the Halloween party, you would know the MOP tech crew can get it done.
Details are leaking out and dates should be announced soon, so start saving.

#356 2 years ago

TERMS & CONDITIONS

NOTICE:All potential bidders
participating in this sale
agree that they have read and
have full knowledge of these
terms and agree to be bound
thereby.

1. IDENTIFICATION: All
potential bidding participants
are required to register prior
to becoming an Approved
Bidder. All Participants
are required to give full name;
permanent street address (P.O.
Boxes will NOT be accepted or
approved); phone number(s);
email address, valid credit
card and website, if
applicable. ONLINE
purchasers will be required to
submit the requested Contact
Information, including:
Drivers License Number phone
number(s); email address,
valid credit card and website,
if applicable to be
Approved.
International Buyers must have
pre-arrangements made with our
office to receive a bidder
number.

2. PAYMENT: Once the
auctioneer says, SOLD,OR TIMED AUCTION RUNS OUT WITH BUYER AS LAST BID
ownership immediately
transfers to the buyer. All
items are sold as is and where
is without any warranties
expressed or implied.
Invoices must be paid in full
directly after the sale is
completed, unless otherwise
specified. All invoices must
be paid to representatives of
the auction house unless
otherwise announced. Online
purchasers must adhere to the
Terms of Sale as posted during
the online registration
process. Payment may be made
in the form of CASH or CASH
Instrument; COMPANY CHECK w/
Bank Letter of Verification or
WIRE TRANSFER. We also accept
VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN
EXPRESS and
DISCOVER for invoice
payment. Credit Card purchase
buyer acknowledges the
purchase of used equipment and
agrees not to hold liable the
auction house to result in a
purchase charge back. The full
purchase price on all lots
sold to the same buyer must be
paid within the time fixed and
before removal of any of the
goods. Business checks will
not be accepted without a
letter of verification from
your bank. NO MERCHANDISE
WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL INVOICE
IS PAID IN FULL.

3. SALES TAX/BUYERS PREMIUM:
A Buyer?s Premium of 18%
internet bidders is in effect
and a Buyer?s Premium of 15 %
onsite bidders will be applied
to each invoice, in addition
to the Sales Price. Where
required by law, SALES TAX of
7.75% applies to ALL SALES
unless Buyer has submitted the
proper TAX EXEMPTION FORM. NO
MERCHANDISE WILL BE RELEASED
UNTIL INVOICE IS PAID IN FULL.
Purchase formula as follows:
Hammer Price + Buyers Premium
+ Tax (if
applicable)=
Total $

4. REMOVAL: No lot can be
removed during the sale
without Auction Staff
Approval. Purchases may be
removed only on presentation
of paid invoice. Removal
shall be at the sole expense,
risk and liability of the
purchaser. All purchases MUST
be removed as herein listed.
Auctioneer shall not be
responsible for goods not
removed within the time
allowed, but shall have the
option to remove and store, at
the sole expense and risk of
the purchaser, any article(s)
purchased, but not paid for
and/or removed within the time
aforesaid. ALL ITEMS MUST BE
REMOVED FROM LOCATION within 5 business days.
Removal for paid Lots will be
until 10:00 pm PST day of Sale.
Removal will commence the
Next day after the sale is
completed. REMOVAL HOURS are
posted in auction details.
Removal MUST BE COMPLETED
within three (3) days or appoinment only within two (2) days following or Penalty Fees can apply.

5. CONDITION OF ARTICLES
SOLD: Neither the auctioneer
nor the consignor shall be
responsible for the correct
description, genuineness,
authenticity of, or defect in
any lot, and makes no warranty
in connection therewith. No
sale shall be set aside nor
allowance made on account of
any incorrectness, error in
cataloging, or any
imperfection not noted.

DESCRIPTIONS AND PHOTOS ARE
NOT GUARANTEED. NO DEDUCTION
ALLOWED ON DAMAGED ARTICLES,
ALL ARTICLES BEING EXPOSED FOR
PUBLIC EXHIBITION, AND SOLD
"AS IS" WHERE IS AND WITHOUT RECOURSE.
ARTICLES ARE NOT WARRANTED AS
MERCHANTABLE OR FIT FOR ANY
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NO
CLAIM MAY BE MADE BY PURCHASER
RELATING TO THE CONDITION OR
USE OF ARTICLES PURCHASED OR
FOR PROXIMATE OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES ARISING THEREFROM.

6. SHIPPING/TRANSPORTATION:
Buyer is responsible for the
removal of all items purchased
by date set previous and must
employ at Buyers Expense
transportation and cost of all
handling charges that would
result in removal of said
item(s). INTERNATIONAL
BIDDERS: We are not
responsible for any customs,
duty, tax or brokerage fees.
The winning bidder takes full
responsibility of all
inclusive shipping costs,
documents and paperwork.

7. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND
CONDITIONS: The auctioneer may
add other terms and conditions
of sale, such additional terms
and conditions shall be
announced prior to the
auction, and/or prior to the
individual lot(s) put up for
sale, if applicable.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from nsduprr:

WTF: Next time try making it harder to read.

GD, people will find a reason to bitch about everything.

#398 2 years ago

I predict the real bargains will be Arcades. There are some 1200 of them.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from robotronjohn:

I know at least 100 of the vidz belong to Ritchie Knucklez. He and I were talking in Allentown about making a road trip to get them. Includes 22 fully restored DK machines.
As to any pins on loan I have no clue.

I just reached out to RK about this the other day. As far as I know he's the only person with a bunch of games at MOP. If you guys need help with loading them let me know, I can round up a few volunteers.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:It would be very helpful if there was a published lot order schedule, allowing us to have a rough estimate of WHEN it was necessary to attend for bidding.

Captain's is working on that. One of the techs was finalizing the list Saturday.
Once they know the order, we will add a link here.
Bidding live should be fun, thats if you are local and can make it. They should be announcing preview times shortly too.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Having never made it to a Banning show - did the MoP have a selection of non-pinball EM games and similar? Like rifle games, shuffle bowlers, etc?

There are tons of EM "other" games. There was a building that had about 20 shooters, and in the back of the arcade room maybe another 20 novelty arcades from ww2 era. Some really cool stuff. We had a tech that loved to tinker on them and got a few playing very well. There are a few racing style EM machines as well. A few bowlers and some Bingos stashed away somewhere. Not sure if this terminology is correct.

#464 2 years ago

That space pilot game on the far right works very well. You have to fly around in circles and hit these loop things to score. Pretty fun technology for that era.

56f55a7e5ec524a4bfb90cbd8e168d5a685531bb (resized).jpg56f55a7e5ec524a4bfb90cbd8e168d5a685531bb (resized).jpg
1 week later
#562 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

That's strange, I don't recall any of those pinball machines from my trips to the museum, except I do remember a Comet there. Maybe those just weren't on my radar, there are 800 or so of them after all.

You did not miss them. A bunch of these came in the last year. We just set them up and play tested most of these Gots in the last 8 months.

3 weeks later
#704 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I sold you guys the Q Bert. Looks like they got it working nicely.

That was Matt and Tom, small ground issue and a few other fixes and she was playing great.

Quoted from jake35:

frontier is a cheap title, not sure why it's missing.

It was sold to a tech

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

2 Jousts!
a Rat Race!
Cyclopes!
Andromeda!
Attila The Hun
Captain Hook
Tiger Rag
Space Hawks
Bike Race
Fire Mountain
Hercules
Varkon
BMX
gonna be very interesting to see what these go for, if they are in the auction.
This is going to bring out the big spenders for some very rare games, and if machines are truly in the meh condition people are saying, there's gonna be a LOT of overpayment. should be a blast

Attila the hun was on auction at MOP 2 years ago and did not sell for $100. So chances are they will find a 2nd in storage at some point.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This thread is becoming somewhat comical. I get it, the high prices are noodle bending, and it's warping your brain. But do you call up everyone you've sold a game to in the past demanding a cut of any profits they've made selling it later with higher prices?
Or the people who didn't volunteer getting mad on the behalf of the people who did. I'm mad a lot these days, so I appreciate the offer of being proxy angry on my behalf to save the effort, but I regret none of the time I spent there. It was a lark. We weren't grinding in the salt mines, we were playing under the hood of a huge toy store. I never did more than rebuild some flippers, sort parts, and shoot the shit with other volunteers, but it was a good time. Only part that sucked was the damn drive out there.
The whole thing wasn't a scam. It was a grand attempt, and it will forever be a part of some of my best pinball memories. Maybe it was destined to fail, maybe it was bad luck, who knows. For a few years we had something pretty cool, and if you didn't volunteer and get to wander about one day without the crowds poking your head in anything that struck your fancy you missed out imo.
The museum failed, I honestly don't know what else John was supposed to do. The prices don't make me happy, but I'm still happy for John.

Well said. I spent months @ MOP, and would do it all again. As a matter of fact, a bunch of us are. We are reaching out to other museums to keep it going. And if they sell off later, so be it. Its about a brotherhood, some people will never understand.

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Did the museum ever have a Stern Cheetah? They had quite an assortment of Sterns from that era, but wondering if one exists in storage since I didn't see that title up for auction.

They do. It should be up for auction.

#3354 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Easy fix.. ....Right.
It took my friends and I a year and a half to track down the issue with his Haunted House.

Yeep And then it broke again. That HH was cursed. I think at the old the sound went out.

Quoted from adol75:

I totally get that and it makes a lot of sense. The MOP is a museum where you can touch everything which is fairly uncommon. It's like scoring a 1,000 miles F40 and putting it for rent on Turo.
That being said I don't think the auctioneer used the word Museum in that way, he was more trying to convey the idea that everything was in top notch condition. He also said easy fix for any game that was broken.

I laughed everytime I heard easy fix, or must be a fuse.
I am sure not 1 of the 200 techs are capable of swapping fuses or a flipper spring.

#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Did a pinsider buy Transporter? I think that was a good deal at $4,000. That one was in particular clean shape and looked very low play.
I was slightly negatively biased about game condition after the first day. That was mostly Data East and Segas and those were mostly below average, but there were also some better-than-average condition machines too, and a few gems, like Transporter.
The shitty online pictures work both ways: hide how bad a game is, but much more rarely also how good a game is. You really need someone on the ground there if you're interested in a machine to tell you the true story.

Transporter was the only machine I bid on and lost it by $500. I am pretty bummed. The machine was spotless. We museum techs have a huge advantage, we know ever single machine like the back of our hands.

1 week later
#3701 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Here we go, 5100 for Charlie's Angles to start the pins tonight

That Charlies Angels was in the tech room for the last 3 years. I don't think it had any boards in it. Did it turn on?

#3736 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Looking slightly ahead, does anyone know the condition of Firepower, Lot #969 ? I believe that a lot of these were made. An interesting footnote on that: one of our local operators, for reasons unclear, substituted one of those lightweight ceramic balls (a ala TZ's "Powerball") in the game, and I thought that this transformed the game in an unexpected and highly favorable way. Definitely worth trying, if you ever get the chance !

Firepower actually played very well. It was the go to game for a bunch of us techs after hours. It will be really interesting to see how much that goes for considering I have had 3 of them and all sold for under 1500, including 1 i sent to captains to sell.

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

$1700 Stellar Wars seems somewhat reasonable... was it not working? I missed it

not work, and neither was phoenix

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I swear they were actually playing Phoenix but I musta been distracted by the clearcoated playfield and Dave talking about the developers lol

He's doing a good job at that. Evident in Star light for 10k.

#3762 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Coaster pins are hot! I'm RICH!!!!!!!
Jolly Park coming soon, should be interesting.

We could never get Jolly park playing. We had a 220v to 120v convertor for it, but everything was in a different language and we could not get it out of the menu.

#3773 2 years ago

Actually Verne turns on, language issue again. We only had 1 invertor for 2 machines.

#3805 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

OKF 8,200 plus fees = a few thousand higher than what we can sell new in box... lol I'd love to meet the knuckleheads bidding on this stuff...

10,375 not including Shipping. Why?

#4336 2 years ago
Quoted from dsbw:

Woo...peed on it.

Oh not the rug man.....

4 weeks later
#4636 2 years ago

People are fleeing CA because of the overly PC rules on Hummingbird juice.

Oh yeah looking to buy a BSD.

#4639 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Nov. 5-6 Weeks auction at Captain's added another 50 or 60 items including 4 more pins and a box of pinball bulbs. The new games are Flip Flop, Star Wars Trilogy (Sega), Strikes & Spares and Play Ball.
Just refilled our humm feeder, only use sugar water with a bit of "feeder fresh" added. Hawky and I startled each other the other day, too - - I was going out to the finch feeder just as the hawk flew through the patio. Hawk did a really quick 120 degree left turn and bailed out over the neighbor's yard.

That Sega SW has a hell of a back story. It never fully worked due to missing some major components. I was sent too pick it up after another tech bought it down in Chula Vista. He failed to mention it was on the 2nd floor. And half Of the machine was missing.
We busted his balls for so long he moved across the county And never finished rebuilding it. Then it sold for 9000$ or some other stupid number.
There are literally dozens of machines like this. You should have seen the rig job on Shadow. I give it 2 weeks of solid play before the battlefield just falls apart.

2 weeks later
#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

These are the 2 most recent Spooky Pinball releases. Halloween is licensed from the 1978 film, Ultraman from the classic Kaiju series. Both have the same playfield layout, just with different themes/assets.
436a HALLOWEEN COLLECTOR'S EDITION PINBALL MACHINE #55 SPOOKY PINBALL 2021 $9,600
436b ULTRAMAN COLLECTORS EDITION PINBALL MACHINE SPOOKY PINBALL!! $8,300

Ultraman code or lack of is pure garbage. That was a guy I knows machine at Captains that sold for 8300 without fees. He was pissed rightfully so after he unboxed and started playing it. The new owner is gonna be even more pissed dropping 10k on that turd.

3 months later
#4696 2 years ago

And so it begins.

Screenshot_20220214-051702 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220214-051702 (resized).png
#4697 2 years ago

Now this, this is a nice HGT

Screenshot_20220214-052256 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220214-052256 (resized).png
#4701 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I was **flung** out of any reasonable consideration on the bidding for a few MoP auction games -- often early in their respective biddings ! -- because I'm just not going to be reckless or stupid with money. (And Reason 4 of Aurich's post certainly does not apply to me.) But, even though clearly overspending per actual book value on it, I did luck out with the one purchase that went through. A (fortunately) non-licensed, not-really-famous, non-hyped title that was in the likely **minority** of museum games that were in better-than-player-condition. Probably not previously routed, either. Sometimes a relative obscurity helps.

Did you get my Transporter? That was a good deal on a beautiful game. Thats the only pin I bid on.
I won the jukebox and wayyyy over paid, but it had sentimental value.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpetefromsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=pinballpetefromsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.