20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmab03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Museum of Pinball update.
We are seeking all solutions to relocate the collection of 2200 games.
We are planning to move to a Palm Springs location near the airport. The current 44,000 sqft building was leased to a new company who is scheduled to move in Q4 of this year.
The Palm Springs building, 97,000 sqft, has proven challenging with many hurdles and complications.
A major sponsor is need, or a person/entity to purchase and manage the assets/liabilities, a different new location with less challenges, a super large temporary storage facility or at last resort, sell the collection to one or more individuals.
We have NOT given up but deadlines are quickly approaching. Please remember how HUGE this collection has become. 2200 games is NOT an easy to relocate and manage. We're willing to move local, distant and even out of state.
PM me with serious ideas or leads.
Chuck Casey - Curator Museum of Pinball.
If you haven't been to the MOP, we have nearly every pin ever made. We have all Stern LEs, all JJPs, all Spookies, all American, Pinside top 100, etc. We have Magic Girl, Big Bang Bar and many other hard to find pins.

You seem to have one choice now. Sell enough games to pull in $1,000,000 in cash (that's 200 pins at $5,000 average cost....... easily doable given how much your collection has appreciated). And then find the cheapest storage you can find. The million you pull in can last you a year at prime los angeles storage rates, I'm sure you can get multiple years elsewhere. I'm a CFO of an architecture company, getting through permitting in CA is a nightmare as I'm sure you've discovered getting to this point. You can't rely on that, you need to find the cheapest storage you can and if you're outta cash you need to sell off some of your collection. Rebuild your business soundly and you can always buy the machines back. Love the Museum, hope you make it.

When Tim posted his gofundme he did seem like he had a concrete plan, he discussed costs openly, and the community responded. I had plenty of questions , but it at least seemed like he was being fairly transparent.

If you got yourself in this mess it seems like its lack of leadership/planning. No need to buy 2,200 games unless you got a couple years of storage in reserves. 1900 games would have been fine. First things first, pick someone to run your organization and give it confidence, then that will drive the fundraising.

2 months later
#855 2 years ago

is there a way to see what's expected to come up around what times? Or are they just on lot 350 now and going in order?

#1891 2 years ago

I had Baywatch marked as one that I was hoping to snatch. Not for $10k lol

#1897 2 years ago

Starting to think I should just get a 2,000 machine collection and then sell it en masse

#1935 2 years ago

Looking at the numbers assigned to the bidders, it looks like 2 guys (3368 and 1815) have been going back and forth on the last few. Just takes 2 guys to make it go nuts

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I see bidder 1815 on every bid.

it's been that way for at least an hour or two. The question is how many of them did he ultimately win?

#2275 2 years ago

I really thought my $9,800 bid was gonna get that bad cats

#2284 2 years ago

Looking forward to Star Gazer coming up

#2499 2 years ago

lol this is one I was waiting on..... $9,500 already nopes.

#2508 2 years ago

Can't find a single archived ad on this cosmic princess

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

QS went cheap. Thought it would get to 10k....

I actually picked this one up as it didn't seem THAT out of line, and didn't experience anything fishy, I was certainly not expecting the bid to hold

#2542 2 years ago

That moment of dread when you hope you get outbid so you don't have to spend a day travelling to Banning........

#2577 2 years ago

Hercules coming up!

#2681 2 years ago

If anyone wants to gimme $13k for my Star Wars, just lemme know.

#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I think a pinsider got Quicksilver

to be fair, he wouldn't have if he looked at the pictures ;p

#3044 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I played that machine Friday - and was planning on bidding on it. It needs a new playfield to finish it off, but it's in overall good shape.

Great, glad to hear. And the replacement playfield has already been ordered =) But, it certainly is going to end up inreasing the all in cost a bit.

#3051 2 years ago

If they go ahead and adjust the cap gains tax rate, I wonder the effect on the price of pins. Taking a loss on a machine doesn't hurt as bad if half the losses can just offset taxes.......

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

It's interesting that most of the lots today only had about 5 or 6 bidders. A repeating pattern of just the 2 pumpers and then about 4 new bidders in the last two minutes on each lot. I expected 15 to 20 bidders to be the norm. Maybe the arcades will bring out more bidder activity.

This could also just be how their software displayed multiple bids. You'd presume there would be 10+ people bidding $500-$2,000, for example. So it just picks the 2 highest initial bids and lists them.

#3084 2 years ago

Crazy Climber was on my list, but I've got no room. Was going to have to refrain myself if it was around $1,500. Thank god it's $6,500 right now

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Was that an Addams Family Gold or the regular version? (Not that it matters all that much, just curious)

Gold

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider palmab03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=palmab03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.