20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#558 2 years ago

Single 120k jpg of each playfield. Good luck bidding. Well played seller.

blury (resized).pngblury (resized).png

2 weeks later
1 week later
#764 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

The saddest thing of all is how much press the auction gets and how little press the museum got. When it was open, basically nobody outside of the pinball/vid enthusiast crowd gave 2 shits about the place.

It takes marketing as the auction house has shown.

The pinball museum near me asked their customers to leave yelp reviews. Now whenever you search 'what to do' in that city, it is recommended. They consistently post on social media to let everyone know when new titles arrive and if open/closed on holidays to keep folks coming back.

1 week later
#3515 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Instead of CNN and NY Times reporting about the massive pinball/arcade auction, they will be reporting about the shocked and disappointed buyers who overpaid and received routed or non working games. Cut to footage of kids pouty faces looking at their family's non functioning item.

I know it has been stated over and over that you should expect routed condition in a pinball museum but I doubt most think that way. I have visited vintage car, motorcycle, sports car and Nascar museums all over the east coast, and as expected the cars/bikes are all in pristine 'museum' condition so it is easy to see how rookies could misunderstand. With a museum auction with high prices, I wonder if some buyers will claim fraud.

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

He said "it worked last time they used it" and everything works until it breaks - then once it is broken "they no longer use it since it is broken". The guy was a character for sure!

I thought it was: 'It was working until it broke'.

1 month later
#4633 2 years ago

Port of Savannah does the most exporting on the US east coast. Typically we have 1 or 2 container ships (green dots) sitting offshore waiting their turn. Things are currently bananas. (trucking backups?)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-80.7/centery:32.0/zoom:10

marine traffic 2021-10-25 (resized).pngmarine traffic 2021-10-25 (resized).png

#4640 2 years ago

John Weeks gave a Q&A seminar at Pinball Expo on Saturday afternoon about the Banning Museum, and telling his story which is worth a listen.

His seminar is at the 3:15:00 mark.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1191167511

#4646 2 years ago

QUOTE-
hopes to build the first-ever blockchain arcade in Las Vegas. His vision is to retrofit these ancient arcade machines with the ability to process Aspire crypto tokens. If a player gets a particularly high score in, say, Space Invaders, they will be rewarded with an NFT that is deposited directly into the player's digital wallet. "You can take that NFT to the marketplace where you can sell it or trade it or do whatever you want with it,"

Uhh boy! That could be done 100 times easier online with an audience the size of the web. I'm guessing those games will be back at the auction pretty quick.

#4648 2 years ago

Bidder 1660 Identified:
--------------------------
Gatlinburg pinball museum was mentioned in the article, so I went looking for more info. They are currently closed for improvements and hope to open by mid/late December.

From their Facebook-
We definitely bought a few and can’t wait to reopen to share them with you! We kept as many in the United States as possible during this Banning auction.
However we did not purchase a $5,300 Stargate video game...ever. We have been in this business since the release of Space Invaders. We know the pieces we can locate and those we consider rare. Stay tuned!
Sincerely, Bidder 1660

11 months later
#4773 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

From what I heard, these games were all the "extras" from the Banning collection

Not likely since there is exactly 1 of most popular titles of the 70s 80s, etc and they 'appear' in nice condition with no missing parts. (potato camera is a registered trademark of captains auctions)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neal_w.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=neal_w and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.