20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4724 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

BTW, does anyone know how many of the games auctioned off were donated by old and dying guys who just wanted them to be appreciated? Did Weeks ever share any of the proceeds with any of their widows/families. I remember at least a couple guys donating large collections before dropping dead.

That's what I'm most curious about, too. If these machines were legally donated to a 501c(3), aka the MoP, then sold for those stupid prices, who received the proceeds? If Weeks himself did, there are a lot of legal questions to be asked. If those monies were dispersed to a "board of directors" of sorts for the MoP, there are also legal ramifications for that scenario. If the proceeds from the sale of those games that were donated were given back to the families of those who donated them, then all should be fine. I guess someone could have outright purchased the museum before the sale, thereby transferring the entire collection to a single private owner right before the sale. That would be better legally, but still kind of a sheisty thing to do.

6 months later
#4749 1 year ago

Those super high dollar games all went to the same bidder number, 464, if my memory serves me correctly. They may have been buybacks, or just someone who only wanted the high end collector's items. There were some decent deals for people who really needed certain titles, but even better deals for those that are local and don't have to pay shipping.

#4772 1 year ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

There is someone I could ask in the local club (and I'll do that next time I happen to see him), as my impression is that he may know -- or know of -- pretty much every significant collector in this region. That assumes an origin in this region . . . but I shudder to consider what the trucking fees into CAW would be, if this was a single collection and came from afar.

From what I heard, these games were all the "extras" from the Banning collection that were in the process of being fixed, or placed on the floor, or never made it to the facility. I've been wrong before, though. That's just what I'd heard through the grapevine.

#4780 1 year ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

You are wrong. I bid on 2 games in the banning auction, didn't win either, both titles came up again on this auction but were 100% different games. You can save your watch list and it will show you games you bid on in the past, seeing the games next to each other, they are not the same games.
100% these were not banning games.
B

While I am wrong as to where the collection came from, my point was that they were the "extra" games from Banning, as in, the games that weren't actually in the auction because they were in storage or being worked on. They obviously wouldn't be the same ones from the Banning auction as those sold to new owners. The Banning collection that sold at auction had numerous multiple titles, they didn't have just one of each of their games.

Here's a link to the official answer on the collection's source:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-line-up-at-captains-auction-tomorrow-4-23-16/page/2#post-7198232

#4782 1 year ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

Man I just don't get this attitude, whatever makes you feel better there bud, I really shouldn't have bothered.
Have a great day.
B

Oh, no, I don't mean to sport any kind of attitude at all. I guess it just came across poorly. I just wanted to clarify what I meant in case it was misunderstood. All i meant to say was simply that not every pin that was physically at Banning made it into the auction. Sorry about the confusion.

7 months later
#4793 9 months ago

Next time you're there, bring an angle grinder and take those MOP letters off the wall. Hey, they no longer own the place and they didn't bother to take 'em themselves, so they're free game in my book!

#4795 9 months ago

Just make yourself a shirt that says Pinball Staff on the back, or one of the old MOP shirts and I think you'll be fine.

#4801 9 months ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Doesn't John Weeks still own the property? The "For Lease" sign has his company "Weeks Investment Group" on it.
Ron...

Well, then he'd better come down and get 'em, 'cause I've got a feeling they're not going to last long now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.