20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from cdylanm:

Is there a link somewhere to watch live online? I don't see anything on that on the Captain's website...

Search this thread in the search feature for just this thread. Near upper right side.

LTG : )

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's the scam?

Advertised all over the country. All Joe public knows is pins are valuable and going up in price. Many non pinball people are buying in hopes of flipping them or think they are a good investment.

Too many people see asking prices on Ebay, Craigslist, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Antiques Roadshow. And here is their chance to get in on it.

Not everyone knows about Pinside, or any pinball forum. Or even does their homework on what games actually sell for.

The scam is have ignorant people with money and mix thoroughly.

Watch in the next half year or so as a lot of people need help fixing, or trying to sell these games, for more than they paid.

Pinball is coming into the wild west era of pinball. Throw common sense out the window. And watch the fun.

The size and scope of this could really hurt pinball in the very near future.

LTG : (

#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Winning is one thing…..paying another

With your credit card on file. They have a start.

This company isn't new to auctions.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I feel bad for parts sellers over the next few months.

I can't wait for tech support calls. Desperate people who know nothing will do an internet search and contact any parts seller, manufacturers, or repair guys they can find. Whether they are involved with the game or not.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Bidder #3062 seems to bidding an Tons!

Midway Blue Shark.....$11K Plus Yikes!

Wasn't final bidder on Blue Shark.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The old days of 1990 or so. I worked a little bit for Pinball Warehouse. He had a Rocky in the corner for 475.00. It was their for maybe a year and no one bought it. I sold it on a Saturday and Big Al was out of town at a toy show. I called him and let him know the Rocky finally sold.
He was happy as a clam to see it go.

Rocky's sat forever to sell until about 20 years ago. On RGP somebody picked one up. Found everything necessary to restore it. NOS playfield, NOS backglass, NOS plastics, etc. etc. Sold it for crazy money back then.

After that Rocky seemed to gain in popularity and price.

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Was that the one restored by Steve Charland?

No. I don't remember who, just that it wasn't Steve's.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Have you had the pleasure of acquaintance with Midway NFL Football with the CED disc?

I did. The arm went over a certain spot for attract mode over and over. Then when somebody played the game the arm went to a new spot and jumper/dragged through the built up oil dam the attract mode caused. Then if it played at all it skipped and didn't work good. It was like a phonograph record with an oil film on it that RCA developed for watching movies at home. No idea if that worked. Wasn't long lived.

Quoted from MrBally:

The sit-down ones took up a lot of space.

I cut one up. Double sheathed industrial grade plywood. Nailed, screwed, glued. After taking a sledge hammer to it I was seriously thinking of putting it out on the freeway somewhere and let somebody run into it. I finally used a circular saw, burned up a couple blades. The monitor was real good so I swapped it into my Wizard Of Wor for a way better picture.

Quoted from MrBally:

But boy did Dragon'sLair make money. Coin boxes overfilling and all. For about three weeks, then all the laser disc players started failing.

That is what I figured. You weren't really playing the game, just making yes or no decisions. People figured it out and avoided games like Stern's Cliff Hanger. Firefox did okay for me. My sit down MACH 3 did good. Until they only warrantied the laser deck repairs for 30 days not the usual 3 months. The 3 month repair I'd get a year out of. The 30 day repair broke down at the 33 day mark. End of story.

#1606 2 years ago

OOOoooo all the games are museum quality. Famous words to start the next round.

#1618 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have never seen firefox outside of when it first came out.

Fun game. Didn't to real great for me. One day no picture so I open the port on the back of the cabinet with the game turned on. If a glow on the neck of the monitor then that is good and problem lies elsewhere.

Stuck my nose in there. Had an open flame on the monitor chassis board. End of story.

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

where are you hearing this audio?

I clicked on a link posted on Pinside yesterday and the audio worked when the video was working.

#1627 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Was it a laser disc based game as well?

Yes, a Phillips player. I never had any problems with it.

Sega's Holloseum was a laser disc too.

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Sega's Holloseum was not a laserdisc game. It was a conversion from Time Traveler. You removed the LD player.

You are right. I screwed up on the name. Thank you.

#1671 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

what lot # are they up to now?

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What is the biggest Vid from this time?

Not counting 6 player cabinet games or other exotics. This one was huge - Sega's 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker

Honorable mention for Sega's sit down Afterburner or F3555 three monitor Ferrari or huge sit down Virtua Racer.

#1749 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Honorable mention for Sega's sit down

Hang On too.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Which one of you just got banned?

I heard the tail end of that. Didn't hear the why.

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Sega R-360 is probably the biggest

The huge gyroscope looking thing you ride in ? If so, agreed.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Fire Truck probably took up the most space in its day (1978).
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7814

For 1978, yes.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I’ve never bought an arcade game. Is this what they normally go for?

What do you think ? Have you read any of the posts ?

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Looked like he was looking at his screen while he said that. Mean words?

Must have a chat room running for those logged into bid that us mere mortals can't see.

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Are they auctioning that one circus pinball machine ? The one that is like only two in the world?

Since they don't have it. I doubt it.

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Is there a PTC available?

No idea. Probably no EFL either.

I have about $20, so I'm ready just in case.

#1816 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

metal maniax was also a steal.

Logic issue on one side, the other side dead.

Not a steal if you never get it going.

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Are they tired at the auction?

No. Everybody is pumped up for the pins after the break.

#1826 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Is there a PTC available?

Crap yes. Lot 1051. Quick somebody send me $50K !

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Is it at all possible someone is trolling the auction with a bunch of fake bidders? No one can seriously be paying these prices.

Hard to troll when your charge card is on file to bid.

Like it or not, this is real.

#1965 2 years ago

While PTC won't be until a couple weeks ( 24/25/26 ) at this rate. I'll never get one.

LTG : (

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Captain said he expected 8 million dollars for this auction.

First night ? Or all 6 nights ?

#2024 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Has anyone here actually won any of these auctions? Or would admit to it?

I'll let you know after PTC closes.

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Golden Cue only 5.5k???

Supposedly only 10 of them. I was surprised it didn't go higher. Even with the fees and sales tax.

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from Slim2013:

When are the classic sterne ? Lot numbers ?

Scroll through the list at the lower right side. All there. Though many will not be tonight or tomorrow but in two weeks fri/sat/sun.

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Ivan1496:

Nobody is this stupid.

Bigger question is how did they and money to bid ever get together ?

#2125 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Pinball Resource in a few weeks

Any parts seller. Manufacturer. Tech Support. Mod maker. These idiots will search Google for pinball and call any phone number they find for help.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I have no doubt I'll get calls. Already overwhelmed as-is...

I forgot museums and arcades. I'm rocking 4 phones here. This should be fun.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I posted this in the other thread and part of a PM conversation:

Another impact of this is people operating games. Everyone in the country and world going to assume that little corner of the bar sits 100,000+ in equipment now.

The thought of perceived values on my equipment has crossed my mind. Not just burglary. But two big guys and a gun could grab a game or two and throw in a vehicle and go.

That was never a concern. But with so many stores ignoring shoplifters, it's a possibility.

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Bit of a shame to see the more rare titles now go out to who knows where.
Liked knowing all these pins were in one place - oh well.

That is why in the early 2000's I tried picking up rare titles. So they didn't disappear and people never get a chance to play them.

But between the economy going down and players didn't support the games. That idea died.

#2466 2 years ago

Thinking of things like this. Years ago at a show in Japan Namco had around 20 players sitting in a circle, kind of back to back. In front of them a huge screen in a circle on the wall. Looked like the outer space battle in Star Wars.

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

is there a list of hammerprices of yesterday?

The link I watched had a list of all the games and right after the game was sold the price was filled in. It was the lower right side of the page. The link was posted here awhile back.

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

May need a piano mover for that one.

It's big, not heavy.

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If it’s anything like the Australian auctions, a large % of these games won’t be paid. There’s no deposit on hammer and no obligation to pay.

It's not like an Australian auction. Bidders signed up, provided a credit card, and agreed to terms of sale.

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

Is there a place to view the sold prices?? I don't really want to register

On the one link you can see the whole list of games, lower right side. And scroll through all the titles and ones sold have the hammer price.

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Wait so they take 18% from the buyer and then another 18% from the seller for the price?

True of every auction. Not just pinball machines. The auction company gets a percentage from seller and from buyer.

#2974 2 years ago

Bow & Arrow

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I wonder if there is an agreement bidders can make if they win a certain number of lots or dollar value to get the percentage points down for premiums.

Never heard of anything like that. Be it pinball machines, cars, property, coins, stamps, etc. etc.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

But something like eBay just takes a fee from the seller and that's based off the final auction value. All fees are on the buyer at that point.

Ebay is different from all other auctions. And Ebay is a website. Many of the auction companies have to travel to what is being auctioned off, bringing crew and equipment. Or having a building and staging it there. Ebay is way cheaper to run.

#2992 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I wonder if given the huge amount of this sale, they didn't negotiate a shared fee with the seller

Depending on auction company. And product. And potentially prices achieved. There wouldn't be all this debate if the auction was a flop. There is no guarantee bidders will show up and participate. Who could for see how the word of this auction spread far and wide. Well past the arcade and pinball communities.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

What’s going to happen next week? Non working games?

Nothing. It's weekend after next. Then the biggies. JJP Pirates CE, Magic Girl, BBB, things like that.

#3236 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

The Turbo Outrun is just outrun in the motion cab?

No. I had an Outrun in the motion cab when it came out. Turbo is different.

#3288 2 years ago

Nobody bid on lot 1051

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

They went all out on advertisement for this auction, international, press, with a further reach than our niche community. And clearly it was the smart move to make for this auction.

No idea if they did all that. Or it spread like wildfire on it's own.

Where that all ended up would cost a fortune to do.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Just had no real hope on any of those at least for what we wanted to pay

Do like me. PTC fund raiser has commenced. Go Fund Me, Kick Starter, I have a homeless person on Highway 7 and Blake Road with a sign begging for PTC money.

#3306 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There were lower priority items that I was watching that came up first, but stuck to my plan and went after my number 1.

I've done that. Passed on some things I would have liked to get, especially since they went real cheap. And then the item I want goes astronomical and I don't get it.

That plan has always saved me money.

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

the auction continues this weekend,

Not this weekend. The weekend after.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Good time to sell and move on.

I shall miss you my friend. I hope in some way you stay active.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

can you imagine what the krull pin would have went for in this auction? Probably 100K

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Probably only $10,000 to $12,000, out the door prices the average other pins sold. That because; these Buyers weren't educated with current pinball pricing & values.

We'll get an idea next weekend when Magic Girl, Pirates CE, and things like that are auctioned.

#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Instead of CNN and NY Times reporting about the massive pinball/arcade auction, they will be reporting about the shocked and disappointed buyers who overpaid and received routed or non working games. Cut to footage of kids pouty faces looking at their family's non functioning item.

I doubt it. The news has too short an attention span to care about something that has passed.

#3524 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

What's the favorite for highest-priced game still remaining?

Magic Girl or JJP Pirates with the three discs.

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

What can you do with Magic Girl, unless you are able and willing to write (some entire ?) new code for it ?

What can you do with a Red Line Fever white wood ? A Zingy Bingy without the backbox. A Williams BBB white wood ?

Not everything has to be playable or complete to attract $$$$

Now since the general public got into this auction, they may not know what is scarce or common. Time will tell.

#3534 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There is only one pin I was considering bidding on in this auction and it’s coming up this weekend.

PTC ?

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It’s inevitably going to be another crazy weekend

Hard to say. The attention span of the previous buyers ? Do they know there is three more days ? Do they know the difference between a truly valuable rare game and a common museum game ?

Should be interesting.

Disclaimer : Still waiting on the $50K so I can make a run at PTC !

#3576 2 years ago

Starts in about 50 minutes. Good luck to anyone going after anything.

Disclaimer : Still time to send me $50K so I can bid on PTC !

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I haven’t checked the schedule yet are they starting off with some vids?

Yes. Starting with vids. Things don't seem as crazy.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Good luck! if you don’t win i will sell you my nicer one for 8k

Excellent. If someone sends me that money order for $50K, I'll give it to you and you can give me your nicer PTC and $42,000.00 in cash.

#3602 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

That's funny, all I though of about Primal Rage was how it was the worst Vs. Fighting in history.

I had a dedicated one in an Atari showcase cabinet. Did poor. I thought not being able to fight/stomp/kill/eat the caveman was a mistake.

Made a beautiful cabinet for my Namco Tekken 2.

#3611 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

fixed it for ya

You're not supposed to alter quotes.

#3626 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

How much does everyone think Punchy the Clown will go for ?

I'm hoping under $50K

#3688 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

How much did Bugs Bunny sell for?

$5900

#3837 2 years ago

30 games to go to PTC !

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I have my coupons ready!

You have one for the Bromely Little Pro too ? I need the gear box that shoves the ball up to the golfer.

#3915 2 years ago

Somebody got a bargain on PTC.

#3925 2 years ago

I don’t think so! My final bid was 3200. Not interested in a $4200+ Punchy

PTC is great. I thought it would be closer to $50K considering some of the other prices.

#3993 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And a working amusement park ride sells for 14k? WTF.

You have 440AC and a lot of space ?

Huge things often don't go for much.

Years ago a big Sega game, looked like a gyroscope you rode in. Went for $500 at a local arcade auction. Not many people or places have an area about 25 feet by 25 feet for the fence around it to protect bystanders. And a big game like that you almost need an attendant on duty by it.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from iCaryl:

Thanks. That's the item I'm interested in.

Good luck !

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Yeah nothing there explains twenty four thousand dollars.

Some things you can't put a price on.

Quoted from Coindork:

This was my favorite game as a kid.

How often can you own memories ?

#4018 2 years ago

Bidder 1660 has bought nearly everything!

He F'd up. He didn't get PTC !

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You will get your Punchy the clown someday.

Then my back up gag falls to my quest for EFL.

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

For what it's worth, this version of Depthcharge was not even known to exist until it showed up at CAX 3 years ago.
Although I'm not 100% certain, the machine may be a 1 of 1 as far as examples known to exist.

I for one am happy it's going to such a great home !

Enjoy it. Along with all the fun and memories !

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This era of video games is fascinating.
Keep in mind that this is the very beginning and there weren’t things like commercial crt monitors and other standard parts like you had in the later years.
Atari and Nutting were legitimately going into department stores and hardware stores to buy parts to build these games.
It’s a trip.

You mean like the screen door spring on the gas pedal in Death Races ?

#4095 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It’s rare as hell and every known Domino Man is in a converted Lazarian cabinet. If you pull the dominos off the front, it has mint Lazarian artwork underneath. Also the side art is laid right over Lazarian art.

That happens a lot. I had a Sega sit down enduro racer. The side art was decals stuck right over xevious art work.

#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

WHERE do you find any woodrails on display ?

Museum in France. Quite the collection too. All in pristine shape.

#4284 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Museum in France. Quite the collection too. All in pristine shape.

https://www.flippers.be/shows/paris_pinball_museum.html

#4288 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Pardon me, but TSPP went for 14K? How does that happen?

Nobody bid 15K.

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from Quartermaster:

Anyway I was inspired by EricPinballFan's purchase of the Allied Leisure "Monte Carlo" (congrats Eric)

If you make it to the end you get a free game. The last hole before that, if you glue a magnet before it, under the molded plastic course, pulls the ball into the hole and no free game.

No idea how I know that.

#4340 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I said Warlords cocktail was the most fun 4 people could have playing an arcade game.

I went to pick up a 2 player stand up Warlords and when I saw it, black and white. And saw the sit down 4 player in color, I picked that one up instead.

Great game, popular for a long time. A lot of fun.

#4342 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

When I was a kid I always suspected pinballs to have magnets near the outlands, so I always tried to sneak behind the maintenance guy when he had the playfield up !

Pre Gorgar I often had people accuse me of having magnets in machines. I'd tell them I'll open any game and show you. I also had a magnet similar to what Williams later used in TZ etc. I'd show them how big they'd have to be to effect the ball. I told them that was from the old gambling pin days when players tried cheating the machines and operators countered with trying to cheat the players.

Then I get Gorgar, with a mother luvin magnet in it. Then I go through every person I ever told there weren't magnets in the games, asking about that.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

This really sounds like first world problems to the absolute extreme. Complaining about $50 an hour? Cmon

The knowledge to fix a pinball machine. Tools and common parts on hand. A vehicle to get you there and back.

Expect more than $50 an hour if you want quality work.

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I don't disagree that someone should be paid a fair wage, nor do I have an issue paying a fair wage based on someones skillset.

Back in the day on RGP there was a landscaper who when he bought a new machine, would pad it into the next bid for work he did. And bragged about it to who ever he bought the machine from.

Always good to do a little checking when hiring something done.

I have no problem for a fair price for good work. F'ing people is never right.

#4454 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What’s the difference between a SOLARIUM and a SUNROOM?

Spelling. Solarium is spelled with one more letter too.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Anybody remember Randy Buffalo?

Hey now just because there might still be abandoned games out there that never got to their destinations .................hmmmmm I forgot where I was going with this. Must have got caught up thinking about Jack Rabbit Shipping.

1 year later
#4798 10 months ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I just took it for granted that it would be there forever.

People often think that. Until their favorite location is gone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.