20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I've gone to the museum about 3 times and talked with techs behind the scenes who keep the games running. Leadership and planning is not the owner's strong suit it seems. From lack of communication about when public events are taking place, to having techs supply parts out of pocket, to having pretty much *one* guy keep the entire arcade side going. Last I heard the tech I was talking to was telling me they were getting more games and this was about 3 months ago, when the real possibility of moving had to be on the owner's mind.

As someone who has been tech-ing at MOP for 6 years, I can say there are a lot if un-truths in this statement....

2 weeks later
#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Been there since the beginning, have the red shirt

Sad day brotha, sad day

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Um... no money to fund a move, huh?
https://www.instagram.com/misterweeks/
[quoted image][quoted image]

Moving the collection is not the problem...

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

One of the chief concerns was the unexpected costs of the Palm Springs location, was it not?

Thats storing or housing or whatever you want to call it, you said moving. Sorry but I just found your post to be in bad taste...just because they have money doesn't mean they can, should or want to do something.
Posting pics of Jonathan just to show if he has enough money to keep the collection is a crappy move...

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

It's regardless a bit of an F-you to the techs who paid out of pocket for parts, food, drink, etc for themselves and/or other techs.

I , and many other techs who have volunteered for years, do not feel that way

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

In my opinion, you and many other techs have Stockholm Syndrome

I volunteered when I had time
Mr Weeks bought us lunch every time we went to help
We were fed during events
When we needed parts we added it to the marco order John paid for, the parts were there the following tech day
We had access to an incredible collection of games that we got to play year round
Your stories of us paying for most of the parts and buying food are bullshit. Sure a few of us donated parts that we had but were no way obligated to...
We were happy to be there

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

It saddens me to hear you talking about Laser War like that.

Ok, thats funny!

#224 2 years ago

My wife is more upset than me, she was an "official game tester" who was required to play the greatest games made for hours on end while we worked.
She has an uncanny knack of being able to find any game component that might be on its last leg, and deliver a fatal shot.
Broken ramps were her specialty...

#227 2 years ago

Along with the friendships made, I learned an incredible amount of tech skills from others who also helped out... for that I am grateful.

#269 2 years ago

Was trying to get latest info on auction, but seem to have clicked on the Fry's forum...

1 week later
#367 2 years ago
Quoted from nsduprr:

Your trying to auction off what?? $1,000,000+ worth of games and you can't take the time to present the terms of sale in some sort of reasonable / professional manner?
WFT, how long would it take to get rid of the unnecessary carriage returns?
It make you look like your try to hide something, or just careless.

Petes not auctioning the games, he just shared some info.
Damn people are bitchy lately...

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Neither the auctioneer
nor the consignor shall be
responsible for the correct
description

Yeah, its pretty fun watching the Capn tap dance around some serious issues with games. He can be very "creative"

1 month later
#648 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

eventually people run out of money and or space.

There is no chance of this happening...

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

Not everyone can drop $200k - $500k in a day. Plus it’s not like you can just put it on your visa. Your going to need a bank letter to guarantee it.

The sheer volume of buyers waiting for this auction is astronomical... there is more cash ready to spend than the entire collection will bring...
A few enthusiasts I know are putting aside huge amounts of cash for this sale, not including the heavy hitter collectors

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm bracing for the impending "boos!" from this comment...
I played the one at Papa/ReplayFX/Pinburgh a few times.
For those that haven't ever gotten to play one, it's about as fun as a middle of the road cocktail pin, albeit with those signature WMS/Firepower sounds. I knew what it was, and it's rarity prior to playing it, but I was underwhelmed. This game is rare, because, well, I'm only guessing they did very poorly on test locations, and the orders never came rolling in. I get, and can appreciate it's place in history, and the lore of it, but it's not a "player's game". Space Shuttle is 100x the game from the same period, from a game play perspective.
And believe me, I get why the "collector crowd" fawns over these, but I've just never been the type of person, or of the mentality, that a game should be a box that sits in a room (with a bunch of other boxes) to be stared at, simply because it's "rare", rather than the gameplay/re-playability it offers. It's analogous to collecting stamps, or Yugos (Cargument!!!).
But hey, that's part of why this hobby is pretty cool, there's many aspects that attract all different types.

I agree, Pinball Circus is the same...

1 week later
#859 2 years ago

I hope the A/C system can keep the building cool today, it may get pretty uncomfortable in there

#1098 2 years ago

Rocky?

Holy crap...

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm convinced there's something ultra shady going on here.
No way someone just randomly spends $12k+ on a fucking Rocky.

No big money laundering scheme, just dumbfucks with stimulus money...

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Greed kills everything.

Who exactly is being greedy here?

#1225 2 years ago

Body language says it all, glad I didnt trek out there today...

Screenshot_20210910-184010_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210910-184010_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1231 2 years ago

The vulcan EM hammered for 3100, my buddy bought that game at a yard sale 4 years ago for $200 and sold it to John for $600...looks like Mr Weeks will do well when this is over...

I predict a very long, somewhat extravagant vacation for Cap'n Chris once all the games are paid for and shipped...

#1325 2 years ago

All these buyers are expecting "museum quality" games to show up...gonna be a lot of chargebacks and a lot of complaint calls to the captain

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:I wonder how many of the bidders are auction employees.

Lol... none
These are legit bids from morons

#1643 2 years ago

How much for the 720°

#1646 2 years ago

Wow it went cheaper than I thought... cap really worked for that one

#2602 2 years ago

Im in the mood to buy a game

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im in the mood to buy a game

I just missed out on the Hercules...

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

One possibility is that 2 novice bidders, perhaps with directives to buy certain EM titles, somehow confused Buckaroo with Bronco.

What did they confuse the other 600 games with?

1 week later
#3545 2 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

If LAH goes for 6500 dollar then a BBB must be worth like, 80K or something?

LAH is a better player

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The Knotts Berry Farm hookers. Great childhood memories!

I was there last week, there's a hooker for everyone's taste...

Resized_20210901_173038(2)(1) (resized).jpegResized_20210901_173038(2)(1) (resized).jpeg
#3606 2 years ago

TAITO Ball park!
Damn

9900 hammer price!

#3610 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That game is all original too. I think we replaced a fuse. No other repairs looks to have been done to it.

Amazing. Its such a great game.

4 weeks later
#4608 2 years ago

Im starting to miss the Frys electronics discussion...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.