20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1120 2 years ago

Its just crazy! $5500 after commission plus state Tax!!! for a class of 1812?!?

Nobody wanted to buy mine at $2K, just a couple years ago!

#1211 2 years ago

If you think this is crazy, how many paid 2 months salary for a polished Rock?

#1298 2 years ago

Bidder #3062 seems to bidding an Tons!

Midway Blue Shark.....$11K Plus Yikes!

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

I woke up singing the Queen song,
I want it all,
I want it all,
I want it all, and
I WANT IT NOW!
It's evident the bidders don't care about anything but their newly-bought "street cred".

Funny, Queen was playing last night here.....I had not done this in like 20 years!

Reliving the Video Game Play till 4 AM at 7-11's!

Another note was a story from Super Auctions, and the Need to Inspect.
A friend bought a secret Service years ago....a Newbie.
The Auctioneer said after not booting, "It needs a Fuse".
When he got it home, half of the guts in the Cab were missing!

People will be getting surprises when they get these home!

#1589 2 years ago

I had to PAY someone to take my Time Traveler several years back. It started in Minty Condition, before
Rodents got inside.

I cant imagine what that would go for at Auction today!
(or who has the room!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1705 2 years ago

How many Licensed Vids were made for Star Wars?

#1709 2 years ago

Were there 5 different arcades? More?

#1740 2 years ago

Sorry, I have another question.

If Hercules is the biggest Pin, What is the biggest Vid from this time?

(I guess today its the Large screen horse racing, or Projection Games I see at IAPPA.)

#1770 2 years ago

Exterminator blew me away!

I first saw it at IAPPA under a Japanese Name I didnt know.
Instead of 2 corded guns, they had industrial size bug spray cans.
The graphics werent hands, they were bug spray cans.

Played it for hours.

They sold the New/Floor Sample for 3K, not to ship back.

#1779 2 years ago

Is Robin thinking Pinside Live Auctions?

#1833 2 years ago

Ive bid on dozens of games!!!!

Nothing to buy for $500!

#1884 2 years ago

W.........T...........F.........!!!

#1947 2 years ago

They made shipping easy.

Simply Plenty of Money out there, Especially as I see my children, nieces, etc
earning $50 to $100 an hour. 25 years old.

#2164 2 years ago

Whats with the shorts?

#2196 2 years ago

OK, heres annoying.
I paid $800, when I bought Banzai Run.

#2297 2 years ago

Blackwater 100 lists 3000 confirmed games.
They hardly come up.

Did 75% go to Europe?

Dennis didnt think that production count was accurate, he shared.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve seen quite a few in my area. Was it really that rare?

We have between 3 and 5 in Florida, I believe.
Doesnt add up.
Also very low For Sale amounts in History here, around 30 ads over 10 years.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

is there a list of hammerprices of yesterday?

There is a spreadsheet being created by someone.

This thread has some groupings:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-museum-auction-selling-has-begun

At the bottom of the Auction site, there is a scrollable History.

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

Has anyone noticed that some hammer prices on the listing are gone from yesterday for Medussa, Golden Cue? Weird.

Likely an issue with winning Bidders. If so, They might re-Auction them.

Y

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I wonder if there were any Corp / Company buyers who took home a large % o these games.

Im aware of one.

1 week later
#3860 2 years ago

I feel like Im watching a Beanie Baby Auction from 30 years ago!

#3962 2 years ago

Nice pick up, Eric! Fun Game!

#3984 2 years ago

Not running. Nutting.

#4094 2 years ago

I heard from family of a couple of bidders, or their proxy.
From Family, there is a bidder in UAE, with more than enough new money, newer money, but political and economic family position, was suppose to be filling a container.
I have heard of 2 in the Entertainment field. Grapevine talk from the "Hollywood scene" (They were into the licensed Pin Titles.
And One in the DC area, a friend of my nephew, he picked up a few vids.

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Disney made about 50 cabinets for their resorts and parks for the release of the movie. Completely new, but aged and weathered to look like a 1980s game with heavy wear. They have new CRT monitors along with HP (Enterprise) computers inside. Never made to be sold to the public, some have "fell off the truck" and are in private hands.

If John shows up on this thread, he can share more. I believe these were done here in Orlando, and done by Fellow Pinhead, Villager, and Disney Designer, Brian Jones.
We had a bunch of them in the Orlando Area.

I may have this completely wrong, though.

He Also remade 1 of 2 games from scratch "Screw Loose" or something?
Ive been trying to think of this wacky game. Any help?

#4129 2 years ago

9K out the door! One of 85, Last Bally EM.

#4132 2 years ago

heres op -pop...zipper flippers! never seen this one!

#4163 2 years ago

Rat Race Sample Was Cheap at IAPPA when new.

#4212 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:Will Elvis do better than Tron LE?

Elvis has better Music!

#4237 2 years ago
Quoted from howichrgelazer:

I can't speak to pricing, but I will say this auction has finally got me into the hobby. It's been something I wanted to do for a long time, but I'm finally in a place where I can actually dive into it.
Didn't buy anything from it (still a novice and those hammer prices kept me away from bidding). But I can say it got me interested enough to sign up on here, reach out to a local-ish distributor, and start following things more closely.

Welcome to the Addiction!

Ive been hooked for 50 years this year!

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from Quartermaster:

Just a little lighthearted story for anyone who's not totally exhausted.
In 1975 my partners and I built and opened Noah's Arkade in the La Mirada Mall, in La Mirada California.
During our 14 year run some of our patrons included many of today's collectors and aficionados, among them were the honorable Mr. John Weeks himself, also a young Chuck Casey, and Kevin Glass, to mention just a few. If you were there also you'll have to shout out.
Anyway I was inspired by EricPinballFan's purchase of the Allied Leisure "Monte Carlo" (congrats Eric) The arcade was 3650 sq ft with roughly 90 to 100 games and Monte Carlo was one. Billed as a (cheap) affordable game, (maybe $695.00 I'll look through old invoices later) it was a great purchase. It consistently outearned many of it's more expensive counterparts. It's biggest competitor for cheap but productive game was Atari's "Touch Me" (think coin operated cabinet style version of Simon) If I remember correctly, price tag was $350.00 But it made A LOT of money and drove workers batty.
Beepbeep, boop boop boop beep boop beep, all day long.
Opening day was a bit harrowing as the frontage of the arcade was 60ft across with accordian security gates which were at least 20 deep with anxious kids all the way across, literally counting down the seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 they poured in like a deluge and then the strangest thing happened. For a few minutes it was eerily quiet as they were all just taking it in, unsure what to play first. Then all of a sudden, chaos as the sound of Road Runner, Panzer Attack, Flying Tigers, Midway Gangbusters, Twin Rifle, Dune Buggy, Atari Jaws, Space Race (green fiberglass cabinet), Pong, and a color pong called Wimbledon, Fire Truck, Air Hockey, and numerous pinballs sprang to life. Most of all was full attendance on Atari's Indy 800 Purchased at the astonishing 1975 price of $10,000.00 It made it's money back over time.
So when I saw that Eric had scored the Monte Carlo it took me back to an incredible time that I was very fortunate to be part of. It also reminded me of another incredible time that I was fortunate to be part of. The Museum of Pinball was for me a walk down memory lane, and also a chance for me to meet and work with a most incredible bunch of dedicated lovers of the MAGIC of Pinball and Video, and Mechanical Arcade games. We are a lucky lot and many people will never know that "MAGIC" I enjoyed all of my time working with the volunteer techs and the Weeks family, collaborating with the crew on everything from EM and solid state pins to video games dance machines and even the aforementioned Monte Carlo.
Yes I would drive the 109 miles from my home and volunteer my time again in a heartbeat just for the satisfaction of bringing "that game" any game back to life so that someone could experience the things I had.
So, from me I give a huge THANK YOU! Mr. John Weeks for gathering all these machines and helping to keep this amazing invention alive for those who didn't get to enjoy it in it's heyday.
I'd just like to say that 10 or 15 years ago, Pinball was a fading force, video games were losing out to Xbox, Playstation, CounterStrike, and many other PC Games and diversions. My original arcade, Family Fun Arcade in Granada Hills Ca, was nearing the end of it's almost 40 year run, being held together on the strength of Street Fighter competition and Dance and music games. Arcade games in general had fallen flat and there was barely a beginning of a nostalgia driven collector community or movement. Fast forward to today and it's now a bona fide force to be reckoned with.
I credit John Weeks and ALL those who contributed to the Museum of Pinball with filling that gap between the last gasp of arcades and the new emergence of this community. Many of the games sold here would have been lost forever years ago had they not been at the Museum during that period of lack of interest. John, you made that happen. Thank You for letting me play at your house. I will be eternally grateful.
So go out and support those people who are doing this in other places Tim Arnold PHOF, Steve Young Pinball Resource, Michael Schiess Pacific Pinball Museum, Nico Volta Roanoke Pinball Museum, Calif Extreme, Golden State Pinball Fest, TPF, etc. etc. you know, you fill in the blanks, or maybe, HEY WHAT THE HELL, GET BUSY, GO OUT AND BUILD YOUR OWN DAMN MUSEUM. I'll even volunteer to help.

Thanks for sharing! While I was doing the gaming on the East Coast, I was one of those crazy teens in 75, that lined up at the gates to play Atari's Indy 800 for hours.
So I looked up to the owners and techs, and mustered my first job in Tech at Pachinko Palace.
Where did the time go?

I watched the auction remembering how many of these I played new.

#4380 2 years ago

Thanks Eric, You actually solved an issue with me with your pics!
The folded down blackwater shows a full Orange Plate of Plastic on the top of a backbox!
Mine only had holes for an Orange diffuser over the flasher!

#4381 2 years ago

Does anyone here have stories regarding Nutting, and the creation of Computer Space Game?
Soylent Green use? Etc?

#4385 2 years ago

Thank you both!!! You made my day!

#4412 2 years ago

Im Grateful as hell if I can find pin help I need beyond my knowledge or abilities for $50 an hour!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.