20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I'm just going to say with that many machines for sale with auction dates so close together
people will run out of money real quick, the high priced games( new sterns, dmd William/bally, etc) will dry out certain buyers fast.
There will be bargains ...

I'm going to say that is wishful thinking. I think the "many machines" available will be outweighed by the many more bidders. Sure, a few might get excited and blow their wad early, but the overall pool of money is not going to dry up.

It sounded a lot more appealing before I heard the Captain and his premiums will be involved. I was planning to come, but not sure now. I am curious though, do out-of-staters pay the sales tax? I don't think I did last time I was there, but maybe things have changed.

1 week later
#550 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

The real factor that jacks prices up at the normal Captains Auctions are the foreign buyers. They have shipping containers waiting to go and are happy to overspend if it means filling a container and due to the much higher price regardless in their country. I know a lot of stuff heads to Australia each auction.

Have you seen the price of shipping a container lately? Probably one thing you won't have to worry about this time.

3 weeks later
#701 2 years ago

I noticed some machines have already disappeared from the Captain's listings: I wonder if those were loaners that were removed or pre-sold. There's also been some added.

Sure would be nice if there was an option on Captain's site to list everything at once in a better format, that would facilitate transformation into a spreadsheet. Has anyone done that? I was thinking of doing it, mainly so I can add some pricing information as a guide. I wonder if there's some scraping software or browser plug-ins that might help.

I might end up doing it, but my method requires manual work. PM me if you'd want a copy.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Can't remember if this was covered. Do you pay sales tax on the Buyer's Premium?

Yup, sales tax added last. Basically amounts to about 24% or 27% over hammer price, depending if you're paying cash.

#713 2 years ago

I did decide to put the catalog into a spreadsheet, with an extra column to put your bid limit or whatever you want.

This is output of the first 40 rows tuned to work well with 2-on-1 output: resulting in two 40-row columns per page in landscape format.

Can probably bring some extra hard copies if you don't want to print yourself.

Banning-P1.pdfBanning-P1.pdf

#714 2 years ago

Hhm, I wonder if this was part of the second weekend listing that was up briefly. I didn't notice this earlier in one of my spreadsheets or I would have played with the URL parameters.

2000 Armored Car
2001 Defender Gun
2002 Dunkshot Basketball Table
2003 Frogger Cocktail Table
2005 Old Time Basketball Pop A Shot
2007 QUIX
2008 Slither (cocktail)
2009 Cyber Storm Upright
2010 Minefield by Stern Classic
2011 DONKEY KONG DOOR ENTRANCE GREETER STATUE
2012 SEGA OUTRUN CUSTOM MADE GO-CART DRIVER
2013 TUNI COCKTAIL TABLE

#1336 2 years ago

Damn, this was too tempting for me to go to: free ride, and free transport of a game, so I'm here, knowing the prices were going to be high, but I didn't imagine this. Oh well, it's fun to check out the collection one more time and get to play some rare games.

I sat near Weeks in the auction room. He was giddy as a school girl. The MoP clan were all cheering the prices and "great buys", along with the captain, ha.

Heard some curious stories: "Boss told me to come to the auction and get this list of games for him: 'bid whatever I need to.' "

Condition of the games are not above average as some on here are claiming, as though they were well maintained. After personally inspecting them, most are average player condition or worse. Many have issues, and most are dirty with old rubber.

This has to be a case of abnormally high media attention and uneducated bidding. People are thinking this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Man, hate to bring this up, but the way bubbles usually burst is with a blow-off top. Could this be it? I actually don't think so, we'll be back to our more "normal" premiums, but this is what it usually looks like.

#1337 2 years ago

Since I wasn't interested in bidding at these rates, I've been paying close attention to the others to keep myself occupied.

There is a whale out here. Watched one guy pick up 11 pins, totalling $32,000 hammer, that's about $40,000.

Not sure what to make of this guy, they're not astute picks: includes mostly common Gottliebs and EMs people are making incredulous comments about.

#1342 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Having been there a number of times, I would describe most of the pins as “average to tidy player condition”

When was the last time? I'm betting if you saw them now, you'd conclude they've gone down hill if that's what you thought they were then.

Saw some pretty goofy problems that were easy fixes if these games were being looked at or played regularly.

#1347 2 years ago

If anyone's still eyeing that must-have game, but wants a detailed assessment, and maybe better pics, I'll hire myself out. $20 a game.

But let me know by morning if it's on the block tomorrow (Saturday) and leave your ph# so I can text you details. If there's something specific you're interested in, mention it. I'm not going to be going online during the action.

I'll do one public one for fun, if anyone wants to choose one.

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who the FIZNUCK would pay over $5k for WATERFUCKIN'WORLD!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Did I mention a whale throwing dumb money around? That one is a buy of his.

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Never once did I go up to a pin and say “WOW look at that thing!!”

I was "WOWed" by exactly one game today: never seen one as nice as the one I saw today. So I won't say there aren't any gems.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Gotta pay for that expensive LA gas money you wasted getting there today somehow

This is definitely feeling like a boondoggle. Brain-storming for constructive things I can do!

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

My hopes were pretty much dashed after the I saw the hammer price on lot #1. Congrats to the banning and the captain going to make a small fortune on this one.

I thought it was a bad sign, but still hoped it might have been just the theme-effect. I hoped the same with Superman. After that, I knew it was over.

#1360 2 years ago

Day 1 Summary:

Big Cheese of the Day: Buyer of 11 machines for $40,000, mostly common Gottliebs

Mark of the Day: Buyer of Nightmare on Elm Street, $7,250

I didn't get fleeced too bad (Deal of the Day): Nitro Ground Shaker, $2,900 ?

#3443 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is the world now. New game prices are going to keep driving used game prices up. The auction is a factor, but just one of many.

Or is it used games selling at premiums driving up new prices? You know when Stern sees their used games are selling for more-than-new another price increase will likely come soon. Same with JJP. GnR LE gets priced up in the used market? Let's add another $1,000!

Kind of a chicken-and-egg thing, which came first? It doesn't matter anymore, it's in full effect both ways now! How long can this resonating cycle continue?

I do find one thing about all the price indignance amusing though: didn't we do this?

Let's promote the hobby! Let's put on shows and publicize them. Let's put our machines on location for more to enjoy. Let's hold and promote tournaments. Let's introduce our friends to pinball!

Now it's a grand success and everyone's pissed! LOL... What exactly was our goal, ha?

#3444 2 years ago

The most entertaining thing at the live auction was the interaction between the Captain and the "pinball aficionado" David (Miner? Moore? Is he a pinsider?).

Captain often interjected comments when David was speaking, often to the point of annoyance and David couldn't finish his sentences. The funniest one was when Space Station came up, and he says "One of the three from the space series". Captain starts throwing out ridiculous titles that obviously have little relation to Space Station. You see the fake smiles on Dave's face covering up the pain from Captain's cluelessness. He seems smart and makes some funny comments too, but for someone who owns pins he doesn't seem like much of a pinhead.

I could see Dave struggling to know how to respond, and I finally shouted out "Space Shuttle!". He was grateful, ha. I think the other one he probably had in mind was "Pin*Bot" but didn't come to me 'til a few minutes later.

#3447 2 years ago

Did a pinsider buy Transporter? I think that was a good deal at $4,000. That one was in particularly clean shape and looked very low play.

I was slightly negatively biased about game condition after the first day. That was mostly Data East and Segas and those were mostly below average, but there were also some better-than-average condition machines too, and a few gems, like Transporter.

The shitty online pictures work both ways: hide how bad a game is, but much more rarely also how good a game is. You really need someone on the ground there if you're interested in a machine to tell you the true story.

#3449 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

The cabinet is pretty nice too. Unusual for the Champagne edition.

The cab was planked pretty badly. Playfield was alright and plastic buildings were in good shape. I was interested in this title, but it passed my limit.

#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Transporter was the only machine I bid on and lost it by $500. I am pretty bummed. The machine was spotless. We museum techs have a huge advantage, we know ever single machine like the back of our hands.

Ah man, I feel for ya. That was one of the few where Captain's stupid comments were true. "You won't see another one in this condition." LOL...

$5,000 all in is not bad value on that. Having not come away with anything either, I'm second-guessing and thinking maybe I could have thrown a couple of bids on this one too.

Congrats on the buyer of that one.

#3452 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Can't speak to others, but mine has always been to buy cheap pinball games, stay off the radar and under the limelight, and be able to have a fun hobby that isn't overrun with rich people buying up everything. But I know that's not how the world works. *#^&%%@& internet.....

I also wonder what the hobby would be like today if more thought that way.

I actually think the goal was more, "let's not let the hobby die. We want Stern to survive and keep making games." It looked close for a while there. No one could foresee a pinball explosion. Even Stern was predicting its death.

#3453 2 years ago

Created a separate thread for just pricing reference and analysis. Maybe this will be a seminal event, we'll have BB and AB pricing, "Before Banning", "After Banning", ha. Weigh in on that with the poll on that thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-museum-of-pinball-auction-price-reference

#3456 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

It is Mr. Bronco?
Has to be. Just has to be.

Took a peek at the results, looks like it was actually a one-off winner.

Come to think of it, I remember seeing him wheel it down to his truck, and elaborating to someone why he bought it, but I wasn't paying much attention, except, "there's the guy that got the Bronco!", ha.

1 week later
#3695 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

One (of many) that had absolutely hilarious results was Roller Coaster Tycoon, at 7K ! One of the most cheaply manufactured games I can recall seeing. Cheap, as in really crappy. I mean, a pin like Street Fighter II looked to be very cheaply made -- nothing much there on the pf -- but it was tremendously more entertaining than RCT.

Having just sold a RCT for $3,000, ( https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/117464 ), and knowing there's not a lot of demand for this game and not difficult to find, the results also bemused me. Crazy to think all the better games you can get for 7K!

But I'm also perplexed by your description. Does "cheaply manufactured" = "cheaply made"? You've used both terms which apparently should be similar but you've given them odd connotations. I've never though of RCT as cheap as far as lacking in features: it seems pretty packed. It also has that Pat Lawlor feel with lots of shots and combos, even having parallels to TAF. I find the play and shots feel fun, but where it's always fallen down with me is with the theme and integration. Never found the audio or dots that engaging either. Has just never resonated with me. A friend of mine was eager to have me keep it though, because these characteristics make it a perfect candidate for a retheme.

Anyway, the funny thing is, the guy I sold it to was really excited to get it, even paid to ship it. It's his first pin and he told me of his fond memories of playing it on location. I know others that also think it's underrated and fun. So it does have its fans. Never imagined there was a big enough one to pay 7K plus for it though, ha.

#3696 2 years ago

Here, for easy access, for those of you who aren't hackers, ha:

800 Road Riot 4WD Arcade Game $150
801 Atari Race Drivin' Upright Arcade Game $900
802 Hard Drivin' Atari Upright Arcade Game $500
803 Alien Storm Sega Arcade Game $4,000
804 Commando Arcade Game $900
805 Beachhead 2000 Battle VR Arcade Game $700
806 Virtua Fighter 2 Sega Arcade Game $1,500
807 Mortal Kombat Arcade Game $2,100
808 Marvel vs Capcom Arcade Game $1,800
809 Dead or Alive Arcade Game $1,600
810 Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate Arcade Game $2,600
811 X-men vs Street Fighter Arcade Game $1,200
812 Primal Rage Dedicated Atari Classic Arcade Game $1,300
813 Guerrilla War Arcade Game $1,100
814 Street Fighter 2 Champ Edition Arcade Game $2,100
815 Alien vs Predator Arcade Game $1,700
816 Astyanax Arcade Game $2,400
817 POW Classic Arcade Game $1,100
818 Street Fighter II The World Warrior Arcade Game $1,700
819 Snow Brothers Arcade Game $1,800
820 Sly Spy upright Arcade Game $600
821 Double Dragon Taito Dedicated Arcade Game $2,000
822 Jurassic Park III shooter Konami Arcade Game $2,200
823 Lethal Enforcers II Gunfighters Arcade Game $1,400
824 Turkey Shoot Classic Williams Arcade Game $16,000
825 CarnEvil Classic Dedicated Arcade Game $1,000
826 Sega Blast City Candy Cabinet Arcade Game $2,100
827 Neo Geo 4 slot SNK Candy Cabinet Arcade Game $3,000
828 Outrun 2 Special Edition Arcade Game $1,300
829 Airline Pilots Sega Arcade Game $1,600
830 Time Crisis 3 Arcade Game $2,300
831 Virtua Racing Deluxe Size Motion Arcade Game $2,200
832 Kart Duel Sitdown Racing Linkable Arcade Game $1,000
833 Kart Duel Sitdown Racing Linkable Arcade Game $800
834 Kart Duel Sitdown Racing Linkable Arcade Game $900
835 Target Force 38" Deluxe Shooter Arcade Game $1,000
836 Six Gun Select Global VR Arcade Game $5,000
837 Silent Scope Arcade Game $1,300
838 Cruisin Exotica 38" DX Arcade Game $1,300
839 Vapor TRX Atari Arcade Game $700
840 LA Machine Guns Deluxe 50" Arcade Game $1,300
841 Aliens Extermination Global VR Arcade Game $1,900
842 Gunslinger Stratos Deluxe Size Arcade Game $2,600
843 Virtua Racing Dual Driver Arcade Game Sega $800
844 Landing High Japan Flight Sim Arcade Game $2,600
845 Golgo 13 Sniper Shooter Arcade Game $1,700
846 Ninja Assault 38" Namco Shooter Arcade Game $700
847 Arctic Thunder Arcade Game $1,200
848 Arctic Thunder Arcade Game $300
849 LA Machine Guns 50" deluxe shooter Arcade Game $1,700
850 Virtua Racing Deluxe Size Motion Arcade Game $1,100
851 Puzzloop Classic Arcade Game $800
852 Burger Time Classic Bally Midway Arcade Game $2,900
853 Punk Shot Classic Arcade Game $5,000
854 Ikari Warriors Arcade Game $2,600
855 Danger Zone Arcade Game $2,100
856 Space Harrier Arcade Game $5,200
857 Die Hard Sega Arcade Game $1,100
858 Zero Point 2 Arcade Game $1,000
859 Violence Fight Arcade Game $700
860 King of Fighters XI Arcade Game $1,300
861 Tekken Tag Tour Fighting Arcade Game $1,200
862 The Punisher Classic Capcom Arcade Game $3,600
863 Time Soldiers Arcade Game $1,700
864 Killer Instinct 2 Classic Arcade Game $2,400
865 Desert Assault Dedicated Arcade Game $2,200
866 Virtua Cop Shooter Arcade Game $1,300
867 Crossbow Exidy Arcade Game $3,400
868 Chiller Exidy Classic Arcade Game $5,000
869 Space Gun upright Shooter Arcade Game $2,700
870 America's Army Shooter Arcade Game $300
871 Gun Bullet Arcade Game $900
872 Revolution X Aerosmith Midway Arcade Game $1,500
873 Extreme Hunting Arcade Game $2,800
874 Guardian Upright classic Arcade Game $500
875 Taito Ball Park Arcade Game $9,900
876 Vampire The Night Warriors Sega Astro City Candy Cabinet Arcade Game $5,900
890 Charlie's Angels Pinball Machine Gottlieb SS $5,100
891 HyperBall Williams Pinball Style Machine $2,100
892 Kick Off Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,800
893 Knockout Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,100
894 Aladdin's Castle Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,700
895 Big Show Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,300
896 Bow and Arrow Pinball Machine Bally EM $3,300
897 Chicago Coin's Stage Coach Pinball Machine $2,000
898 Daffie Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,600
899 Wild Card Pinball Machine Williams EM $2,300
900 Aces & Kings Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,800
901 Klondike Pinball Machine Williams EM $2,000
902 Straight Flush Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,500
903 Tropic Fun Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,400
904 Alpine Club Pinball Machine Williams EM $2,200
905 Music Man Pinball Machine Williams EM $3,700
906 Full House Williams Pinball Machine $1,700
907 Strike Zone Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,200
908 Solids N Stripes Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,300
909 Rancho Pinball Machine Metal Cab $2,200
910 Darling Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,300
911 Fairy Pinball Machine EM Playmatic $1,200
912 Scuba Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,400
913 Thoro-Bred Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,600
914 Aloha Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,800
915 Gigi Pinball Machine Gottlieb $1,500
916 Roller Coaster Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,900
917 Outer Space Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,900
918 Sky Kings Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,200
919 Mini Cycle Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,900
920 Wild Life Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $1,400
921 Paradise Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $3,000
922 Mystic Pinball Machine Bally SS $3,200
923 Hokus Pokus Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,100
924 Card Whiz Pinball Machine Gottlieb EM $2,700
925 Black Knight Limited Edition Pinball Machine Williams SS $8,300
926 Ripley's Believe It or Not! Pinball Machine Stern SS $7,500
927 Playboy Pinball Machine Stern $7,800
928 Roller Coaster Tycoon Pinball Machine $7,000
929 The Lord of the Rings Pinball Machine Limited $15,500
930 Goldeneye 007 Pinball Machine Sega $9,200
931 Torpedo Alley Pinball Machine Data East SS $3,300
932 Batman Pinball Machine Data East SS $3,900
933 Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball Pinball Machine Midway SS $5,900
934 Party Zone Pinball Machine Bally $3,200
935 TX-Sector Pinball Machine Premier SS $2,600
936 Super Mario Bros Pinball Machine Gottlieb $7,100
937 The Avengers Hulk Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern SS $8,400

#3697 2 years ago

Interesting, not all the big bidders from the previous weekend came back for today. But 1660 did, but he's all arcades. Let's see about just pinball though:

Big cheese of the day: Hhm, not a lot of multi-winners this time. This is interesting though: same guy bought Roller Coaster EM and Roller Coaster Tycoon! But let's give it to 5858 for his LoTR LE win at $15,500! Nearly $20K, but who's counting? Not him apparently, ha.

Mark of the day: Bidder 6229 for BK LE at $8,300. Hope he's not expecting SoR LE! LOL, anyone else feel these guys may have referenced that for price? That's the title that comes up if you google "Black Knight LE"!

Deal of the day (aka. I didn't get fleeced too badly): 300 picks up TX-Sector at $2,600. Okay, it's missing a couple boards, but seems you can probably find those and still get a total less than what a working one sells for? By the way, who scraps a TX-Sector to get some other System 80 working: which title warrants that???

Anyone else want to play? Could easily choose some others.

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Hey wait TX-Sector for $2600? Isn't that sort of a decent price? Was it working?

Guess you aren't reading the posts: see my comments in post 3697.

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Someone calling out their bids on the floor sounds like he's on a cattle drive.

He's on staff, he's watching the internet for online bids and calling them out. He gets creative once in a while to keep it interesting I guess.

On calling bids, I found it weird that they have spotters on the floor, that call out for the floor bidders who indicate silently. I think bidders should voice their bids. This routine kind of discourages it.

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

The spotters are also there to encourage the bidder to up their bid. They can really put down the pressure on big item auctions. There is about 15 people in the room right now, so not a lot for the spotter to do.

I found the chick doing it annoying, her antics would discourage me.

#3981 2 years ago

I was wondering what that thing normally goes for. The manufacturer web site does not inspire confidence, ha. Broken Links, missing pages, mashed-up styles.

Brochure is a bit more reassuring...

http://www.fxsimulation.com/downloads/x2-brochure-web.pdf

#4051 2 years ago

Day 5 Hammer Prices

940 Big Valley Pinball Machine $1,000
941 Expressway Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,500
942 Flicker Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,800
943 Amigo Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,500
944 Hang Glider Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,300
945 New World Pinball Machine Playmatic $1,300
946 The Wiggler Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,700
947 Wizard! Pinball Machine Bally EM $3,700
948 Black Jack Pinball Machine Bally EM $4,300
949 Night Rider Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,300
950 Freedom Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,800
951 Freedom Pinball Machine (rare Prototype) Bally EM $3,300
952 Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Pinball Machine Bally SS $4,400
953 Caveman Pinball Machine Gottlieb $2,200
954 Evel Knievel Pinball Machine Bally EM Rare! $7,700
955 Old Chicago Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,700
956 Ro Go Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,400
957 Capt. Fantastic Pinball Machine Alt Backglass Bally EM $3,500
958 Capt. Fantastic Pinball Machine Bally EM $4,000
959 Icarus Pinball Machine $1,700
960 Mousin Around Pinball Machine Bally $3,700
961 Party Animal Pinball Machine Bally $3,200
962 Cyclone Pinball Machine Williams $8,700
963 Panthera Pinball Machine Gottlieb 80 $2,400
964 Cheetah Pinball Machine Wide Body Stern $6,000
965 Totem Pinball Machine Gottlieb $2,600
966 Space Shuttle Pinball Machine Williams SS $5,100
967 Laser Cue Classic Pinball Machine $5,100
968 Firepower II Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,200
969 Firepower Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,200
970 Blackout Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,400
971 Gorgar Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,200
972 Laser Ball Pinball Machine Williams WB $2,100
973 Pokerino Pinball Machine Williams SS $1,700
974 Contact Pinball Machine Williams SS $1,900
975 Warlok Pinball Machine Williams SS $6,200
976 Stellar Wars Pinball Machine Williams SS $1,700
977 Star Light Pinball Machine Williams SS $7,500
978 Phoenix Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,000
979 Time Warp Pinball Machine Williams SS $2,000
980 World Cup Pinball Machine Williams SS $2,500
981 Flash Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,600
982 Primus Pinball Machine Stern Kapow! $8,100
983 The Pabst Can Crusher Pinball Machine $6,900
984 Big Buck Hunter Pinball Machine $5,600
985 The Sopranos Pinball Machine Stern SS $10,100
986 Indiana Jones Pinball Machine Stern SS $9,600
987 24 Pinball Machine Stern $7,600
988 Verne's World Pinball Machine Spinball SS $4,700
989 Jolly Park Pinball Machine Spinball SS $5,700
990 Pool Champion Pinball Machine Zaccariah $1,600
991 Farfalla Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $3,600
992 Circus Pinball Machine Zaccaria EM $2,000
993 Combat Pinball Machine Zaccaria EM $2,500
994 Locomotion Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $3,200
995 Devil Riders Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $2,800
996 Magic Castle Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $4,100
997 Zankor Pinball Machine Zaccaria $3,200
998 Time Machine Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $2,700
999 Pinball Champ Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $3,600
1000 Devil Riders Pinball Machine Zaccaria SS $3,100
1001 U Boat 65 Pinball Machine $2,700
1002 Attila the Hun Pinball Machine Game Plan SS $2,300
1003 Sharpshooter Pinball Machine Game Plan SS $1,500
1004 Old Coney Island Pinball Machine Game Plan $2,300
1005 Full Throttle Heighway Pinball $5,500
1006 Oktoberfest Pinball Machine American Pinball $8,300
1007 Hot Wheels Pinball Machine American Pinball Co. $6,600
1008 Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons Pinball Machine Stern SS $7,100
1009 Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine Sun Coast $5,100
1010 Houdini Pinball Machine American Pinball Co. $6,000
1011 Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure Pinball Machine Spooky $4,900
1012 Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle Pinball Machine Spooky $6,700
1013 NBA Basketball Stern Rare Pinball Machine $7,500
1014 Safe Cracker Pinball Machine Midway SS $9,900
1015 The Hobbit Black Arrow LE Pinball Machine Jersey Jack $8,200
1016 Dialed In Limited Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack $7,500
1017 AC/DC Let There Be Rock Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern SS $11,000
1018 AC/DC Back In Black Limited Edition Pinball Machine $18,500
1019 Iron Maiden LE Pinball Machine Stern $8,900
1020 C.S.I. Pinball Machine Stern $5,600
1021 Iron Man Marvel Pinball Machine Stern $5,700
1022 Aerosmith Limited Edition Pinball Machine $11,200
1023 Batman (86 Autograph Limited Edition) Pinball Machine Stern SS $15,500
1024 Funhouse Pinball Machine Williams SS $9,500
1025 Riverboat Gambler Pinball Machine Williams SS $3,600
1026 The Machine: Bride of Pinbot Pinball Machine Williams SS $5,400
1027 Terminator 2: Judgment Day Pinball Machine Williams SS $9,900
1028 Black Knight 2000 Pinball Machine Williams SS $7,100
1029 The Getaway: High Speed II Pinball Machine Williams SS $7,000
1030 Johnny Mnemonic Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,400
1031 White Water Pinball Machine Williams SS $8,100
1032 Hurricane Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,300
1033 Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure Pinball Machine Williams SS $15,000
1034 Star Trek: The Next Generation Pinball Machine Williams SS $14,000
1035 Demolition Man Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,700
1036 Bram Stoker's Dracula Pinball Machine Williams SS $6,400
1037 Diner Pinball Machine Williams SS $5,500
1038 No Fear: Dangerous Sports Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,100
1039 Congo Pinball Machine Williams SS $6,300
1040 JackBot Pinball Machine Williams SS $4,000
1041 The Flintstones Pinball Machine Williams SS $7,500
1042 Fish Tales Pinball Machine Williams SS $5,900
1043 Junk Yard Pinball Machine Williams SS $6,200
1044 Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Williams SS $16,000
1045 No Good Gofers Pinball Machine Williams SS $8,200
1046 Monster Bash Pinball Machine Williams SS $10,500
1047 Star Wars Episode I Pinball Machine Williams SS $6,000
1048 Video Pinball Atari Classic Upright Arcade Game $3,900
1049 Varkon Upright Pinball Machine Williams SS Rare $23,500
1050 Super Mario Bros Mushroom World Mini Pinball Machine Gottlieb $7,400
1051 Punchy The Clown Mini Pinball Machine Gottlieb $3,300
1052 Bell Ringer Mini Pinball Machine Gottlieb $1,500
1053 Nudge-It Mini Pinball Machine Gottlieb $1,900
1054 Bromley's Little Pro Golf Arcade Game $3,600
1055 Hot Shot Basketball Midway Arcade Game $3,100
1056 60 in 1 Multicade Mini Upright Arcade Game 19" LCD Panel Single Player $1,500
1057 60 in 1 Multicade Mini Upright Arcade Game 19" LCD Panel Single Player $1,300
1058 60 in 1 Multicade Mini Upright Arcade Game 19" LCD Panel Single Player $1,600
1059 Nicktoons Racing Sitdown Arcade Game $2,000
1060 Muppet Video Tug Boat Mini Upright Arcade $2,100
1061 Ziggi The Clown Capsule Vending Novelty $800
1062 Bozo Balloon Bulk Vending Machine $700
1063 Addams Family Values "ticket" Redemption Game $1,100
1064 Bosconian Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,100
1065 Super Pacman Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,200
1066 La Zarian Classic Bally Midway Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $3,600
1067 Bosconian Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,900
1068 Galaga Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,900
1069 Omega Race Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,700
1070 Gorf Mini Cabaret Bally Dedicated Arcade Game $2,100
1071 Do! Run Run Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,800
1072 Pac-man Dedicated Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,900
1073 JR Pac-Man Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,100
1074 Make Trax Williams Classic Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,500
1075 Defender Stargate Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,300
1076 Centipede Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,600
1077 Dig Dug Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,400
1078 Battle Zone Classic Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $3,100
1079 Asteroids Deluxe Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,700
1080 Front Line Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $3,100
1081 Moon Shuttle Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,800
1082 Battlezone Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,800
1083 Phoenix Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,900
1084 Eagle Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,000
1085 Sega Turbo Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,900
1086 Zaxxon Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,200
1087 Sega Outrun Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,300
1088 Thunder Blade Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,800
1089 Crush Roller Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,000
1090 Mr Do's Castle Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,300
1091 Mars Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $2,200
1092 Space Demon Nintendo Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,700
1093 Klax Mini Cabaret Arcade Game $1,300
1093A Super Chexx Bubble Hockey Arcade Game ICE $2,900
1094 Domino Man Dedicated Bally Midway Cocktail Table Arcade Game $2,000
1095 Circus Charlie Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,600
1096 Tron Classic Bally Midway Cocktail Table Arcade Game $2,800
1097 Space Zap Cocktail Table Arcade Game $2,100
1098 Golden Tee 98 Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,700
1099 Red Tent Nintendo vs. cab Hogan's Alley, Ice Climber Arcade Game $3,700
1100 Warlords Atari Cocktail Table Arcade Game $5,400
1101 Dig Dug Atari Classic Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,400
1102 Tapper Budweiser Cocktail Table Arcade Game $3,300
1103 Space Invaders Jatre Specter Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,100
1104 Bubbles Dedicated Cocktail Table Arcade Game $2,400
1105 Champion Baseball Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,300
1106 Millipede Classic Atari Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,500
1107 Joust Cocktail Table Arcade Game $3,100
1108 Crazy Climber Cocktail Table Arcade Game $2,200
1109 Crystal Castles Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,900
1110 Pengo Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,100
1111 Cosmic Guerilla Cocktail Table Arcade Game $1,600
1112 Seeburg Discotheque Jukebox $1,200
1113 Rockola 488 Jukebox $1,500
1114 Sega Gun Fight Lot of 2 Mechanical Gun Game Project $4,000
1115 Sega Drive Mobile Mechanical Driver Arcade Game $8,500
1116 UMC Bowl-A-Rama Full size Mini Bowling Arcade $17,100
1117 Nintendo Shooting Trainer Project L@@K!!! $6,900
1118 Chicken Thief Antique Rare Mechanical $3,300
1119 Apollo Moon Shot Rifle Mechanical Arcade $2,000
1120 Twin Rifle Mechanical Arcade Game $2,200
1121 Williams Stockade Mechanical Arcade Game $2,000
1122 Allied's Wild Cycle Mechanical Arcade Game $1,300
1123 Gumball Rally Atari Mechanical Arcade Game $1,900
1124 Circus Novelty Arcade Game Kasco $1,700
1125 William's Crane Sidewalk Mechanical Arcade Game $4,100
1126 Airball Mechanical Arcade Game $1,900
1127 Steam Shovel Chicago Coin Mechanical Game $1,900
1128 Midway's Chopper Mechanical Arcade Game $3,300
1129 Space Pilot Mechanical Arcade Game $3,600
1130 Fire Chief Mechanical Arcade Game $3,400
1131 Monte Carlo Mechanical Arcade Game $1,100
1132 Open The Safe Mechanical Arcade Game $4,200
1133 Pac-man Battle Royale Deluxe Arcade Game $5,400
1133A Slither (cocktail) Arcade Game $1,300
1134 Two Tigers Bally Classic Arcade Game $3,500
1135 Space Invaders Arcade Game $2,100
1136 Space Invaders Deluxe Bally Arcade Game $2,600
1137 Space Zap Classic Upright Bally Arcade Game $8,100
1138 Galaxian Classic Bally Arcade Game $3,600
1139 Galaga Classic Bally Upright Arcade Game $2,700
1140 Galaga 88 Arcade Game $2,000
1141 Gaplus Classic Bally Arcade Game $1,900
1142 Solar Fox Classic Bally Arcade Game $4,500
1143 Satan's Hollow Bally/Midway Arcade Game $2,900
1144 Pooyan Stern Arcade Game $4,200
1145 Millipede Classic Atari Arcade Game $2,100
1146 Sarge Bally Midway Classic Arcade Game $2,100
1147 Bosconian Classic Dedicated Bally Midway $2,700
1148 Wizard of Wor Arcade Game $2,300
1149 Kick Classic Bally Midway upright Arcade Game $1,800
1150 Timber Rare Bally Midway Arcade Game $6,200
1151 Tapper Budweiser Classic Bally Arcade Game $6,600
1152 Domino Man Classic Dedicated Bally Midway Arcade Game $16,900
1153 Mappy Dedicated Bally Midway Arcade Game $3,100
1154 Arch Rivals Classic Arcade Game $1,600
1155 Return of the Invaders Arcade Game $1,000
1156 Tetris Classic Upright Arcade Game Atari $2,000
1157 Super Sprint 3 Player Racing Classic Atari Arcade Game $6,100
1158 Smokey Joe Atari Black & White Classic Arcade Game $4,400
1159 Drag Race Upright Classic Arcade Game $1,800
1160 AfterBurner Deluxe Sega Jet Fighter Motion Arcade Game $9,500
1161 Tsumo Motion Simulator Arcade Blue Ball Arcade Game $1,900
1162 Tsumo Motion Simulator Arcade Red Ball Arcade Game $1,600
1163 Marvel VS Capcom Showcase Podium 33" CRT Arcade Game $2,000
1164 FX Simulation Green Giant Feature Attraction Ride $14,000
1165 Computer Space 2 Player Arcade Game $10,000
1166 Crossfire Arcade Game $10,200
1167 Lazer Command Arcade Game $2,000
1168 Breakout Arcade Game $2,700
1169 Stunt Cycle Arcade Game $3,500
1170 Super Breakout Arcade Game $2,600
1171 Gotcha Atari Classic B/W Arcade Game $9,100
1172 Rebound Arcade Game $10,600
1173 Anti Aircraft Arcade Game $1,000
1174 Avalanche Arcade Game $5,100
1175 Space Race Atari Classic Arcade Game $6,500
1176 Video Pinball Atari Classic Upright Arcade Game $3,700
1177 Computer Space Ball Arcade Game $5,000
1178 Guided Missle Classic Arcade Game $2,300
1179 Playtime Midway's Classic Arcade Game $1,500
1180 Tank Classic Arcade Game $1,800
1181 Hockey Arcade Game $2,400
1182 Circus Arcade Game $2,400
1183 Midway's Gunfight Arcade Game $3,700
1184 Head On Sega Gremlin Arcade Game $2,700
1185 Steeple Chase Atari Classic Arcade Game $5,200
1186 Pong Classic Arcade Game $20,500
1187 Ultra Tank Arcade Game $5,500
1188 Sub Hunter Taito Classic Arcade Game $19,500
1189 Basketball Atari Arcade Game $2,800
1190 Video Pinball Atari Upright Arcade Game $2,300
1191 Road Runner Arcade Game $2,600
1192 Disney Tetris Sega New Astro City Candy Cabinet $4,700
1193 Space Lords Dual Monitor Classic Atari Arcade Game $1,800
1194 Eliminator Sega Upright Arcade Game $4,900
1195 Espial Sega Dedicated Upright Arcade Game $1,000
1196 Rush'n Attack Arcade Game $1,900
1197 Tazzmania Dedicated Stern Classic Arcade Game $3,600
1198 Space Ace Cinematronics Arcade Game Cabinet $3,500
1199 Victory Road Rotory Joystick Arcade Game $2,200
1200 Off the Wall Atari Dedicated Arcade Game $5,800
1201 Journey Rare Bally Midway Classic Upright Arcade Game $7,700
1202 Ataxx Dedicated Leland Upright Arcade Game $1,700
1203 Rally-X Bally Midway Arcade Game $2,700
1204 Venture Dedicated Exidy Arcade Game $3,000
1205 Pepper II Classic Arcade Game $2,500
1206 Mouse Trap Exidy Classic Arcade Game $4,500
1207 Twin Cobra Arcade Game $1,600
1208 Crazy Kong Part II Arcade Game $1,000
1209 Burger Time Classic Bally Midway Arcade Game $3,300
1210 Fast Freddie Atari Arcade Game $3,100
1211 Blood Brothers Arcade Game $1,500
1212 Dig Dug Atari Classic Arcade Game $2,200
1213 Krazy Kong Arcade Game $1,800
1214 Gunsmoke Romstar Arcade Game $2,600
1215 Dynamite Cop Arcade Game $1,500
1216 MVS presents Neo 2 slot Arcade Game $1,500
1217 Eswat Cyber Police Arcade Game $1,000
1218 Mechanized Attack 4 Arcade Game $1,100
1219 Operation Wolf 3 Dedicated Arcade Game $2,200
1220 Soul Calibur Namco Fighter Arcade Game $1,300
1221 Tuni Upright Arcade Game $1,600
1222 SEGA OUTRUN CUSTOM MADE GO-CART DRIVER ARCADE L@@K!! $4,500
1223 DONKEY KONG DOOR ENTRANCE GREETER STATUE $3,700

#4058 2 years ago

Let's see, Day 5...

Mark of the Day: Bidder 6464 Picks up Stern Indiana Jones for about $12,000 otd. Another case of referencing price of the wrong machine perhaps?

Big Cheese of the Day: Bidder 1953 spends a bundle on only 2 machines: picks up IJPA and MM for about $38,000 otd.

Deal of the Day (I didn't get fleeced too badly): Hobbit Black Arrow at about $10,000 otd? There's probably some others...

#4059 2 years ago

The other machine, besides Transporter, that I noticed was in unusually nice condition was the Stern NBA. $9,000 is a lot, but at least that one is what most are probably expecting of "museum quality."

#4080 2 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

That Transporter used to be mine. The PF had very minimal wear, was touched up and clearcoated. Played fast. One new ramp was installed and i believe there is another in the cab unless someone removed it.

Nice, one of the few machines I thought went for a not unreasonable price. Did you sell it to John? For how much? I would have found that hard to let go!

#4172 2 years ago

I remember following the Pinside Rat Race sale with great interest a few years ago.

It wouldn't sell at $7,000. Whoever got it at $6,000 is feeling pretty good right now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rat-race

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rat-race-1

#4227 2 years ago

Day 6 Results. I'll process all the data some time soon and put it in the reference thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-museum-of-pinball-auction-price-reference

1224 Pinball Wall Art Work from Museum Gift Shop $20,000
1224A Dirk The Daring Dragons Lair Hero 12" Statue in Lobby $800
1224B Burgertime Arcade Display Statue Custom $1,500
1224C Bagatelle Pinball Antique from Late 1800's $400
1225 Spy Hunter Cockpit Sitdown Arcade Game $8,500
1226 Star wars "sitdown"Classic Arcade Game $6,100
1227 Red Baron "sitdown" Cockpit Arcade Game $4,500
1228 Missle Command SEGA Cockpit SItdown Arcade Game $5,700
1229 Tail Gunner 2 Cockpit Sitdown Arcade Game $5,300
1230 Monaco GP "sitdown" Arcade Game $2,100
1231 Space Tactics "sitdown" Arcade Game $2,600
1232 Pole Position II "sitdown" Classic Arcade Game $2,400
1233 Death Race Classic Exidy Arcade Game $9,000
1234 Return of the Jedi Classic Atari Arcade Game $3,700
1235 Star Wars Classic Upright Atari Arcade Game $4,500
1236 Spy Hunter Classic Upright Arcade Game Bally/Midway $7,600
1237 Aztarac Classic Arcade Game Centuri $9,100
1238 Pong Upright Arcade Yellow old Classic Arcade Game $6,700
1239 Computer Space Red Arcade Game $16,200
1240 Computer Space Yellow Arcade Game $6,000
1241 Computer Space Blue Arcade Game $16,500
1242 Man Eater Classic Upright Shark Arcade Game $21,600
1243 Return of the Jedi Classic Arcade Game $3,100
1244 I Robot Classic Atari Upright Arcade Game $5,700
1245 Tempest Classic Arcade Game $6,000
1246 Major Havoc Classic Rare Atari Arcade Game $16,500
1247 Major Havoc Classic Rare Atari Arcade Game Tempest Cab $5,000
1248 Black Widow Atari Classic Arcade Game $3,400
1249 Gravitar Classic Atari Arcade Game $4,000
1250 Black Widow Atari Classic Arcade Game $3,200
1251 Quantum Classic Arcade Game $6,300
1252 Space War Classic Arcade Game $4,800
1253 Lunar Lander Atari Classic Arcade Game $4,000
1254 Asteroids Classic Arcade Game $2,800
1255 Asteroids Deluxe Arcade Game $3,000
1256 Blasteroids Arcade Game $1,800
1257 Red Baron Classic Atari Arcade Game $2,400
1258 Battle Zone Atari Classic Arcade Game Open Front Model $2,100
1259 Battle Zone Classic Atari Arcade Game Periscope Style Front $3,200
1260 Battle Zone Classic Arcade Game Sonic Black Cabinet $1,700
1261 Assault Plus Classic Arcade Game Atari Namco $2,200
1262 Dig Dug Classic Atari Arcade Game $2,400
1263 AF Liberator Classic Arcade Game $5,700
1264 Rampart Classic Atari Dedicated 3 Player Arcade Game $5,600
1265 Centipede Atari Classic Arcade Game $3,700
1266 Millipede Classic Atari Arcade Game $1,600
1267 Crystal Castles Upright Classic Arcade Game $3,700
1268 Missle Command Classic Atari Arcade Game $4,600
1269 Food Fight Atari Arcade Game $4,300
1270 Retrocade Upright Arcade Game $1,900
1271 Dungeons & Dragons Shadow of Mystara Arcade Game $3,000
1272 The Grid Upright Midway Arcade Arcade Game #1 $3,600
1273 The Grid Upright Midway Arcade Arcade Game #2 $4,200
1274 Pole Position Classic Arcade Game $4,400
1275 Vs. Duck Hunt/ Ice Climber Dual Nintendo Arcade Game $3,300
1276 Nintendo Play Choice 10 Upright Arcade Game $2,300
1277 Punch-Out Nintendo Classic Arcade Game $3,500
1278 Nintendo Arm Wrestling Nintendo Dedicated Arcade Game $5,700
1279 R-Type Nintendo Classic Arcade Game $2,400
1280 vs Castlevania Classic Nintendo Arcade Game $3,300
1281 Zelda Gold Cab Custom Nintendo Upright Arcade Game $4,500
1282 Popeye Nintendo Classic Arcade Game $2,900
1283 Donkey Kong 3 Nintendo Arcade Game $2,300
1284 Donkey Kong Nintendo Upright Arcade Game Not a Mame Logo $3,100
1285 Donkey Kong Jr. Nintendo Arcade Game $2,300
1286 Fix It Felix Jr. Upright Original Arcade Game $10,500
1287 vs. Dr. Mario Classic Nintendo Upright Arcade Game $3,500
1288 Super Mario Bros Nintendo Arcade Game $2,100
1289 vs. Excite Bike Classic Arcade Game $2,600
1290 Gradius Classic Arcade Game $3,000
1291 Pac-Man Plus Arcade Game $2,200
1292 Pac-Land Classic Arcade Game $2,100
1293 JR Pac-Man Arcade Game $2,700
1294 Super Pac-man Arcade Game $2,700
1295 Jr. Pacman Arcade Game Bally High Marquee Cabinet $3,100
1296 Baby Pac-Man Pinball Machine Bally SS $5,700
1297 Ms Pacman Upright Classic Arcade Game $3,000
1298 Pac-Man Classic Bally Arcade Game $2,700
1299 Granny and the Gators Pinball Machine Bally Midway SS $3,900
1300 Disc of Tron Upright Classic Bally Arcade Game $10,100
1301 Tron Upright Classic Bally Arcade Game $6,900
1303 Attack Tank Battle Electromechanical by Sega $4,400
1304 Lunar Rescue Electromechanical by Sega $4,600
1305 Stampede Pinball Machine Stern EM $2,200
1306 Pirate Gold Pinball Machine Chicago coin EM $2,100
1307 Odds & Evens Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,900
1308 Dealer's Choice Pinball Machine Williams EM $1,900
1309 Bally Hoo Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,600
1310 Hot Line Pinball Machine Williams EM $2,200
1311 Sea Hunt Pinball Machine Allied Leisure EM $2,900
1312 Spooksville Pinball Machine Allied Leisure EM $3,200
1313 Rocket III Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,100
1314 Hi-Lo Ace Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,000
1315 Slap Stick Pinball Machine Bally EM $7,000
1316 Bon Voyage Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,200
1317 Delta Queen Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,900
1318 Op-Pop-Pop Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,700
1319 Bowl-O Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,900
1320 King Tut Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,600
1321 4 Queens Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,700
1322 Dixieland Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,000
1323 Surfers Pinball Machine Bally EM $3,100
1324 Pinball by Stern Pinball Machine SS $2,300
1325 Short Stop Pitch & Bat Mechanical Arcade $4,600
1326 Sky Kings Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,000
1327 On Beam Pinball Machine Bally EM $1,700
1328 Mini Zag Pinball Machine $2,600
1329 Trail Drive Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,000
1330 El Toro Pinball Machine Bally EM $2,000
1331 Fore Pinball Machine Bally EM $4,100
1332 A. G. Soccer Ball Head to Head Flipper Soccer $7,200
1333 10 Strike Classic Bowler Mechanical Remake $3,300
1340 Rat Race Pinball Machine Rare Williams Table $40,500
1341 Joust Pinball Machine (table) Williams SS $21,500
1342 Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Machine Spooky $9,000
1343 Black Knight Sword of Rage LE Pinball Machine Stern $10,800
1344 Deadpool Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern $11,400
1345 Alien Pinball Machine Heighway Pinball $12,000
1345A Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine New in Box Sun Coast $7,500
1346 Wizard of OZ Yellow Brick Road LE New in Box $16,500
1347 Mandalorian Limited Edition Pinball Machine New In Box Stern $15,500
1348 Rick and Morty Collectors Edition Pinball Machine New In Box Spooky $16,500
1349 Elvira House of Horror Collectors Edition Pinball Machine New in box (sofa) $26,000
1350 Avengers Whitewood PROTOTYPE Pinball Machine $11,000
1351 Pirates of the Carribean Whitewood PROTOTYPE Pinball Machine $11,000
1352 Big Bang Bar Pinball Machine (1996 version) Capcom SS $25,500
1353 The Big Lebowski Pinball Machine Achiever Edition #019 $16,500
1354 Magic Girl Pinball Machine One of only 16 Made! Zidware J-Pop $18,500
1355 Led Zeppelin Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern $12,000
1356 The Beatles Gold Edition Pinball Machine $11,000
1357 The Beatles Platinum Pinball Machine $13,000
1358 Wizard Of Oz Emerald City Edition Pinball Machine $14,000
1359 Guns N Roses CE Pinball Machine Jersey Jack $18,000
1360 Pirates of the Carribean C.E. Pinball Machine Jersey Jack $32,000
1361 Willy Wonka C.E. Pinball Machine Jersey Jack $14,500
1362 The Simpsons Pinball Party Pinball Machine Stern SS $14,000
1363 Family Guy Pinball Machine Stern SS $8,600
1364 The Lord of the Rings Pinball Machine Stern SS $10,500
1365 Disney TRON Legacy (Limited Edition) Pinball Machine Stern SS $17,000
1366 Elvis Pro Model Pinball Machine Stern SS $9,000
1367 Avatar Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern #94/250 $8,000
1368 Dark Knight Batman Pinball Machine Stern SS $8,500
1369 X-Men Magneto Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern #02/250 $9,500
1370 Shrek Pinball Machine Stern SS $8,500
1371 Nascar Racing Pinball Machine Stern $8,000
1371 Nascar Racing Pinball Machine Stern $8,000
1372 Dale Jr. Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern SS $6,500
1373 Spider-Man Black Pinball Machine (Black Suit) Stern SS $11,500
1374 Harley-Davidson (3rd Edition) Pinball Machine Stern SS $7,500
1375 Transformers Pinball Machine Limited Edition Stern SS #420/500 $8,000
1376 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Limited Edition Pinball Machine $12,000
1377 Mustang Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern SS #448/500 $10,500
1378 The Avengers Pinball Machine Limited Edition Stern SS #79/250 $8,500
1379 KISS Pinball Machine Limited Edition Stern SS #473/600 $11,000
1380 Metallica Master of Puppets Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern #36/500 $14,500
1381 Star Trek Pinball Machine (Enterprise Limited Edition) Stern #03/799 $12,500
1382 The Walking Dead Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern #309/600 $12,500
1383 Game of Thrones Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern #160/700 $12,500
1384 Legends WWE Wrestlemania Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern #272/400 $10,000
1385 The Munsters Limited Edition Pinball Machine Stern $13,500
1386 Ghostbusters Pinball Machine (Limited Edition) Stern SS #205/500 $17,000

#4247 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

3) Hype works. I'm sure plenty of people went in deeper than they planned when the bidding wars started and they saw everything going. FOMO kicked in. I know someone who bought one of the overpriced Data East games, and I really think he just got caught up in the moment. Someone else read about it in the NYTimes and now owns their first game and has no idea what they're doing but it seemed like the thing to do now with some windfall they were sitting on. I'll be honest, I'm kinda judgey on this one. It's bad for the hobby.

Congrats on making a good sale of your Alien!

I like the thoughts, but I didn't get your final conclusion on this 3rd point. It doesn't seem all that different from how some "good" hobbyists get involved. Lot's of 'em don't know what they're doing at first. What is the "bad for the hobby" part?

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Thanks, I was hoping they were going to announce a future auction for that stuff at the end.

I was also wondering about this, there's been rumors about auctioning off the project games too. At one point, these curious lots in the 2000's were show in the catalog, and I was wondering if they portended this.

2000 Armored Car
2001 Defender Gun
2002 Dunkshot Basketball Table
2003 Frogger Cocktail Table
2005 Old Time Basketball Pop A Shot
2007 QUIX
2008 Slither (cocktail)
2009 Cyber Storm Upright
2010 Minefield by Stern Classic
2011 DONKEY KONG DOOR ENTRANCE GREETER STATUE
2012 SEGA OUTRUN CUSTOM MADE GO-CART DRIVER
2013 TUNI COCKTAIL TABLE

#4270 2 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

Does anybody know where all the proceeds of this auction are going?

I think everyone knows, ha: to John Weeks, the owner of the games, and Captain's Auction Warehouse gets the premium fees, and the state is getting its share in taxes too.

#4278 2 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

It was a non profit museum. Can an individual just sell everything and keep the proceeds?

The non-profit didn't own the machines, John did.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I think it was mentioned earlier that most of the proceeds will be placed in Johns charity. So the government probably won’t be getting its share.

I was referring to the sales tax, not deductions from John's share. But not surprising he'll be (ab)using some loopholes, ha.

#4291 2 years ago
Quoted from vonclod:

So all the machines donated over the years were donated to John and not the museum? Also, all the machines purchased over the years were personal purchases by John and did not use the museum money and/or tax breaks? Somehow I don't think that's accurate.

You sound like you just believe what you want to believe. What is it you're trying to get at, and why the intense interest? Somehow, I suspect you make errant assumptions.

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I could just see it now. Dude who wasted over $20k on a cheesy $100 BOM high school art project goes to pick it up. He comes with a flat bed trailer semi-truck and class A driver he hired for the day for around $2000 and tries to pull it off the wall and realizes it’s been gorilla glued to the wall. He then hires local laborers from a nearby Home Depot to tear it off the wall in small pieces. Not realizing that those “pinballs” from Michaels are just shiny thin fragile balls of cheap plastic coated in mirrored paint, they all crack and break apart as they are extricated from the wall. $30,000+ all in, he is left with a broken mess of garbage. But hey, the sentimental value to him cannot be measured in monetary terms. The important thing to remember is that Aurich does not judge him.
Sorry, I know this is rather mean of me, but I’ve had a few beers, it’s my birthday in one hour, and I just can’t help myself after losing out on that Freedom middle pop.

LOL, probably closer to the truth than the opposite end of the spectrum of possibilities. Happy Birthday!

#4449 2 years ago

Is there a site that has price estimates for video games? When I process all the auction data, I thought I might join it with some price estimates and display a % overpaid estimate. I thought KLOV used to have that, but I don't see it anymore. Anywhere else? I don't follow arcade games much. I'll just use the pinside estimates for pinballs.

#4484 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I have seen the lists of the games and winning bids...
But has anyone compiled a list up, of the bidder's # and the number of games bought?

Yes, I did. The first weekend is posted below. I just haven't processed the second weekend, probably will not get to it 'til next week, but I'll update the thread then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.