20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago

Has that been posted in the 4:20 thread?

#32 2 years ago

In all fairness, like most articles, that’s only one side of the story.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't understand what 'one side'? This is not 'news' beyond the point of knowing who the new tenant will be. The fact there was a new tenant already on the books was prior knowledge.

Exactly. It only talks about them leaving…not where they are going or their future plans. So when they say “game over” it makes it seem like it’s all dissolving away when it might not.

#43 2 years ago

What I’d be curious about is how much it would cost to just move all this and how many 53’ trucks would be needed. I don’t know how PHOF did it but they had time (sort of) and distance on their side.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from NicerSoul:

You have a shitty attitude

Someone created a pinside account to post this.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from NicerSoul:

It's rather aggressive, isn't it?

Yeah but I thought it was funny you included that in your first post.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

"Games ended up with CoW".
????????????????????????????

When you get a high score on a pinball type in MOO

(seriously though I have no idea what they’re talk about either)

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Cow = coinop warehouse
A long running picker and seller of jukes, pins, and arcades who buys by bulk and sells stuff through.

Wow how could I overlook that one. I’ve done plenty of business with them I’m just not used to all the businesses being compressed into acronyms these days.

2 weeks later
#221 2 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Well, that’s part of it. Pinball is still illegal in a lot of jurisdictions. I would have to seek variances and go in front of the city councils if they even want to mess with it at all. One city figured it would cost me about 3-6 months, 10-12k in fees, a signed lease, along with a full set of plans drawn up by an architect to determine occupancy, in order to get a yes or no from their city council to open in their city. And pinball was LEGAL there. They were trying to figure out how to classify/tax me.
Another city wrote up about a dozen laws to kick out an arcade at some point. (Full clear glass facade, parking for 20 bicycles, seating for 20 people, no live or amplified music, no dim lights-full brightness overheads only, etc etc.)

I posted a thread on here awhile back of the manual to open a location at an airport. One whole chapter is on signage and walls.

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I wonder how many of the more rare pins will end up listed for sale on Pinside after the auction, or how many fraud listings will appear here after the auction. "Just bought it at auction, wife doesn't want it, must sell!" type fake auctions.

If there’s a legit resell after the auction they should be prepared to show receipts. Not necessarily for the dollar value but for the legitimacy if it’s a rare title.

Course they better wait awhile we know how flippers get treated around these parts.

2 weeks later
#524 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Someone [I hope several someones] will probably archive the stream of the auctions. I'd do it, but I'll miss the first three and probably be there in person for the last three.

+1 but I’m really hoping the rarer titles get archived somewhere where they can be enjoyed by many.

#533 2 years ago

I see some mislabeled manufacturers but probably not a big deal.

3 weeks later
#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

[Sample, using same template.][quoted image]

This is getting very geeky, I like it!

Any thought of doing this on google docs or something so we could follow along with a read only version?

Assuming you are going to fill out more games you are interested in.

#763 2 years ago

Kind of funny. I’ve been in pinball since 2003. Historically everyone seems starved for media attention with pinball, now this and it’s the opposite. Yes I know why and yes I agree better for us. BUT, if a good number of these games get new people into the hobby I’m all for it.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I have 3 pinball machines that I baby and tweak and play bunches of games on with no issues, and it seems that every time some people come over and start playing, at least one if not two develop problems out of the blue, or even go down entirely. I just can't imagine these scales.

There’s two ways to approach repairing games, put the fires out as the pop up or completely go through them. It takes a lot of time up front to get them like this but worth it in the long run. When I do parties at my house with 60-70 machines being played it’s almost a guarantee something breaks or needs adjustment but most of the little stuff people don’t notice. That being said only 7 games here are less than 20 years old.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

Its not like you can hire someone off the street to do it, there are only so many who have the special skills to fix pinball machines in an efficient manner. People could be taught I suppose.

Correct. It’s like writing an encyclopedia from scratch. It can be done but will take a long long time.

#854 2 years ago

I feel like tonight is a pivotal moment for pinball not just in direction of price but also popularly and influence depends who gets their hands on some of these games. I’m definitely excited!

#861 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I looked at the forecast https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/14-day-weather-trend/california/banning
14 days over 30 Celsius, 0% precipitation for all 14 days. Seems intense.

Start up the auction with this. It’s going to be hot hot hot in more ways than one.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I'm going to use today's results to gauge how the rest of it will go. If it's stupid prices, I'll just online bid and go on with my day, no need to sweat it.

I’ll be looking to see (if this is even possible) if a high number of lots start going to one particular bidder.

#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Watch in the next half year or so as a lot of people need help fixing, or trying to sell these games, for more than they paid.

Place your order with Steve Young now before the wait times go up on the phone.

I feel bad for parts sellers over the next few months.

#1316 2 years ago

I also wonder how this will shape the future of selling pinballs. Captain could be very busy in the next year with results like this being approached with smaller collections or others pooling their games together.

Wont matter how high the prices get I have nothing for sale. I won’t look at my games differently tomorrow than I have today.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

Sorry to differ but I'm looking at my Sharkey's right now. Lol

No judgment here. Your game, you do you.

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

Captains has auctions all the time, i doubt it sees prices like this very often. this sale is certainly benefiting from all the publicity its gotten, including a new york times write-up. i gotta imagine that a lot of these buyers are gonna be feeling that ol' buyer's remorse if they ever look up the prices on these machines from other sellers.

The only difference is I’m guessing a TON more people know where to go to get pinballs now. Where I live a retailer that sold games since the 80s closed their doors about two years ago (not because of COVID but scary luck he timed it right) and others have before him.

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I wonder how many people will dispute their bids when the news stories start running “arcade auction prices hit 5x market values…”

These pinballs are in the market so they will influence future market values.

I don’t think the news would publish something like that after promoting the auction for Captain.

#1425 2 years ago

I own a Vulcan in pretty good shape. Paid less than $1,000 and wouldn’t dream of getting anything over $1200 and even that seems greedy on my end. It’s a well balanced game for the era still plan to keep it. Based on condition and auction prices it’s already worth more than what I once paid for a CV.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen two sell at shows in the past few years for way more than $1200.

Wonder why? I mean it’s a neat game but nothing special or rare about it?

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

My mistake...I misread that as varkon

It’s all good I’m keeping mine anyway

#1441 2 years ago

Thanks for the pics and coverage for those who are on site

#1455 2 years ago

I don’t have Facebook but not seeing anything there. Twitch doesn’t appear to have anything since yesterday.

#1462 2 years ago

Seems stable on their site.

#1463 2 years ago

Only 3K for the frogger?

#1473 2 years ago

Track and field 2900

#1478 2 years ago

I lost audio on their web site

#1505 2 years ago

And they’re back (as the audio fades and breaks up haha)

#1532 2 years ago

Their 5 minute technical break is going on 30 minutes I assume?

I see some auctioneer comments and dragons lair is at $1400 current bid. Technically they haven’t done that lot yet.

#1714 2 years ago

Disk/Tron environmental

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from iCaryl:

paid $900 for one locally last month!

I stored one in my garage while it was pending a sale for around 2,000 approximately 15 years ago. Damn thing barely cleared the top of my garage door.

#1798 2 years ago

Worth listening to hear him say Chicken Shit 3x in a row a few minutes after correcting himself.

#1861 2 years ago

Now I've seen it all

#1892 2 years ago

Baywatch > South Park

Nothing makes sense anymore

#1932 2 years ago

I've never seen a pinside thread so active before anyone else?

#1934 2 years ago

I sold my Viper for 2 with a smile.

#1971 2 years ago

Anyone else bothered by CC starting 4 player games?

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

New price increase from Stern in 2 weeks.

Probably closer to 2 day or 2 minutes

#1977 2 years ago

***Williams/ Bally Pinball division has entered the chat***

#1979 2 years ago

What did Tommy go for?

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you missed a sold lot, scroll down on the page to the "other lots in this sale" box, and scroll up on that list.

I'm watching this on YouTube on TV and have Pinside open on the laptop. Will get a new tab going thanks!

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

"You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Make sure you stop at the bank first.

#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Has anyone here actually won any of these auctions? Or would admit to it?

I'm sure many will share but may not even know what Pinside is.

#2053 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, I think I've had enough of this ridiculousness for one evening. I'll probably skim the hammer prices in the morning. Later folks--have fun

You went to bed as BTTF hitting 5 figures in 12 seconds.

#2062 2 years ago

I have a BTTF upstairs I now live in fear from the lady who sold it to me

#2085 2 years ago

This reminds me of the South Park episode that mocks the Home Shopping Network for some reason.

#2087 2 years ago

3800 not bad for laser war all things considered

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Some EMs coming, eventually this madness will cool down a bit

I wouldn’t count on it

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Looks like some speculation about foreign bidders pushing these prices.

Where’d you hear this? I was speculating this before it all got going.

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

These EMs will probably all get 3k+/ea.

Holy Toledo!

(Sorry I know I’m a few lots ahead of that pun)

#2118 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL "I've heard those EM things getting them going... usually just a simple thing just get in there and *boom*... ok and the bidding starts at $3600..."

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Pinball Resource in a few weeks

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

How many of these games will work after they are shipped?
I mean, if they are working now, they won't need *much* to be working again... but how many of these buyers will know what to do?

They’ll probably fly someone out to work on them.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any parts seller. Manufacturer. Tech Support. Mod maker. These idiots will search Google for pinball and call any phone number they find for help.
LTG : )

Funny how he said just adjust one switch and BOOM it snaps back to 0 and it’s working

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

They may have missed out putting the 2p Toledo next to 4p Valencia.

Valencia didn’t spike as much as I thought it would either

#2145 2 years ago

Travel time control has a mini solid state device under the playfield I used to own one.

It’s like an EM safecracker.

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from creamyjeremy:

Is it even legal to sell EMs at under 2k

If it is it won’t be soon.

#2152 2 years ago

They’re adding commentary to pump up the prices. These are Williams after all so probably going to go for less than the BLY GTB

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

EMs really dropping off now...

These are like a step above Chicago Coin.

I own that game on the end and it’s kind of a snooze fest. It does look beetles esk so we’ll see.

#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

EMs really dropping off now...

OXO making comeback

#2165 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Almost any time I played it at MOP (after the first couple years), getting up the ramp was close to impossible. Flippers not strong enough.

I’m sure they’ll bid on a “get well kit” on e bay for $600

#2166 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Whats with the shorts?

I think they are pushing 100 outside during the day

#2169 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

On the YT feed, I thought I saw someone in a black CAW shirt walk across the screen with an electric toothbrush in his mouth. But at this point I could be tripping . . . .

At what point? I can rewind

#2173 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

The blue haired chick is very distracting. Not in a good way

It’s like she’s pretending to nudge but the machine doesn’t move a mm

#2174 2 years ago

I think I’ll call it a night after High Speed

#2177 2 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

My thought exactly. Faking it big time

Some people just enjoy being in front of a camera especially with an audience like this around the world.

#2183 2 years ago

7,200 High Speed

It got away

#2184 2 years ago

Oh snap Banzai is on deck I need to see this

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

The phrase "highly desirable game" sort of loses meaning when you auction off so many games at once.

Especially when they had high production

#2197 2 years ago

I’ll trade my BTTF + 500 cash for a Banzai Run as reflected in results if anyone interested.

Sheesh

#2205 2 years ago

I think we can all agree a lot of these bids are driven on the license.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Dave gave up being the hype-man LOL

I think these are new enough to sell themselves for now.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

"all the fire stations in the country have this machine"....

AND ITS RARE

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Who wouldn't give 6k for a Comet that can also be used as a Christmas tree

At that price you’ll need it to, won’t be able to afford a tree.

#2243 2 years ago

Whirlwind opened around 7,000 that won’t be recorded I’m guessing (or bid up that quickly)

#2245 2 years ago

Must be that rare diamondplate

#2255 2 years ago

I’ve never seen a Lola. Probably 6 or 7 Marilyn

#2273 2 years ago

FFS it doesn’t even have multi ball

#2278 2 years ago

I posted this in the other thread and part of a PM conversation:

Another impact of this is people operating games. Everyone in the country and world going to assume that little corner of the bar sits 100,000+ in equipment now.

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

well that sucks. I was hoping to snag something in the wee hours while the east slept. ah well

I think they’re competing with the other side of the world too

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

5.9k Centaur
4.9k Xenon

That’s slightly more reasonable. Reasonable to say the crazy bidders haven’t played pinball before either

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I can't wait for the letdown when they quickly get sick of their 15k BTTF's incredibly "deep" gameplay.

I bet they won’t play it enough to see how deep (or shallow) it is.

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I wonder how the prices will be for the em’s. Crazy?

2,000-3,000 for multiplayer Williams.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

It seems like know-nothing rich bidders aren't likely to want non-working games. Does that make the second weekend of the auction more hopeful for "real" pinheads?

No

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You guys that are all up in arms about “how did (THAT_TITLE) got for so high when (THIS_TITLE) went for much less?” Are assuming that the people bidding these crazy prices are actual pinheads that ‘know the market’ and what games typically go for, when the much more likely scenario is that these people don’t know pinball at all and are just bidding on what interests them.

Baywatch says it all.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There's not one pinsider here feeling dumb for any purchase in their past! Now is the time to go show your wives how much money you are making the household!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"60ec8369b3d281e1a2641d0d7ed2c4072dbcd829-1631463268-1800"};
//]]>

Not a good idea. One pinball could buy a lot of purses and or shoes.

#2782 2 years ago

I thought scared stiff would have go into 9s

#2897 2 years ago

I have the best of both worlds. Playing and watching the auction.

6B5E1E55-AF06-481B-A74C-59155A3AB4B6 (resized).jpeg6B5E1E55-AF06-481B-A74C-59155A3AB4B6 (resized).jpeg
#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if Tim Arnold is going “hmmmmmm…” right now.

He won’t care he is into pinball for the love of pinball and not the money. That’s why I don’t care about prices at all. Also his charitable cause. He won’t liquidate to put anything in his pocket.

#2970 2 years ago

I wonder if there is an agreement bidders can make if they win a certain number of lots or dollar value to get the percentage points down for premiums.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Stopped by MOP on the way home to put some spare parts with the games. This is completely unofficial, but word is there will be an additional auction for the several hundred of games in storage and parts. Subject to change at any time, but keep an eye out. They have to go someplace.

No surprise here. Auction off as much as you can with worldwide attention.

#3320 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If that’s really true, there’s gonna be tens of thousands of dollars of bid welchers on this as people sober up / tell their wives.

People who have that kind of money don’t have wives that would care about that. -or- they don’t have wives

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I won't date myself too much to say my first pin, Fathom, I got for 700 from a guy on a boardwalk on the other coast. Came complete with sand

Bought my first pin in 1998 and I happen to now be friends with the seller to this day. I’m still being offered a full refund anytime I want

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not this weekend. The weekend after.

Months and years from now we can look at the heartbeat of this thread and see when the auction took place.

1 week later
#3560 2 years ago

Well I don’t know about anyone else but I’m excited about this weekends festivities. It’s inevitably going to be another crazy weekend but I’m proud to see sales of games around here these last couple weeks are still reasonable for the given market. Obviously some spamming which has rightfully been overlooked.

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do they know there is three more days ?

I think this will make or break the outcomes.

Absent whoever bid up that Baywatch and you’ve got sane pricing. Those type of bidders don’t know an A title from a C title. Generally speaking.

Could be a better weekend for Pinsiders/ hobbyists.

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I really enjoyed the last round as a spectator. Honestly, ESPN3 should be airing this.

Change your city in CA from “you bet” to “you bid”

#3582 2 years ago

I haven’t checked the schedule yet are they starting off with some vids? Haven’t been able to tune in yet

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Starting with vids. Things don't seem as crazy.

Seems better but that punk shot for 5K seems odd or is it rare?

#3682 2 years ago

I thought Gigi would have gone for more than 1500

#4185 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Delta Queen coming up, one of many that I enjoyed playing there.

Is that a keeper? I hear a lot of people talking about it recently. Looking at the playfield I don’t get the excitement. I’ve never played one before.

But I’ve owned one for about a month now.

#4239 2 years ago

I thought Knockout would have gone for more with some people thinking they were bidding on Knock Out.

3 weeks later
#4606 2 years ago

Just when I got one franchise all figured out she comes in and changes it up.

59524808-C660-4695-82A6-5ED0248EE5D2 (resized).jpeg59524808-C660-4695-82A6-5ED0248EE5D2 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#4730 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Please-help-me-save-the-games-stuck-in-Banning
Richie Knucklez posted a GoFundMe begging for money to transport his collection out of Banning. All of it reeks of emotional manipulation from a worthless community "figurehead" with a cult of personality. He shoulda sold 3 B-list titles at the Captains Auction and he would have had the money.

Why would they make a documentary about loading up two trucks of games and driving them cross country.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.