20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

This is awesome news!! Not only for me whose family has a vacation home there that we visit 8-10 times a year, but for everyone. Palm Springs has plenty of visitors and an airport right there. While Banning was only a 15-20 minute drive from Palm Springs, it's location in the middle of nowhere had it only open rarely for special events.

Can't wait for this move and regular access to this amazing collection!

2 months later
#58 2 years ago
Quoted from NicerSoul:

Hi! Long time Pinside reader, first time caller. I had to register for this topic alone.
Whatever is going on with The Museum of Pinball has me absolutely gutted. I've been going there just about every time it's opened since the first Arcade Expo in 2016. Banning is an... interesting place to be sure, but not without its charms, and TMoP was the crown jewel of the city. I've had so many good times there, both alone and with friends. Those of you who have visited know this, but for those who haven't - did you know there is a whole entire other section of the Museum devoted to arcade games!? And the collection is (was?) crazy solid! Games you rarely see anywhere - Atari's Quantum, Williams' Chicken Shoot (complete with the flash of actual feathers blowing up between the screen and the player), Exidy's Chiller, a 4 Player version of Sega's Hot Rod, the list goes on, way on. Not being able to take a crack at getting some high scores on them ever again literally has me sick to my stomach.
It goes without saying that Pinball there was a blast, of course. Yes, they have all the new stuff that you would expect, as well as those holy grails like The Big Lebowski, Alien, Full Throttle, Thunderb... hahaha well, yes, that pos game and even, as previously mentioned, a Magic Girl. Unplayable, natch. But such a pretty box o' blinking lights! What often goes overlooked is their collection of older pins. Wedgeheads galore! And in amazing shape! I would put TMoP's collection of Wedgeheads up against any other public collection - even The Pinball Hall of Fame. You could spend the entire day just playing their classics - and believe me, I have!
What else?? Keith Elwin bringing his Archer prototype there (wish it would have remained an Archer pin... sorry Iron Maiden fans, but Neil Peart stands alone). The lady selling the Pupuasas in the early days. The (sadly no longer in business) Brew Rebellion Brewing Co. having their wild beers on tap (you'd be surprised, but Fruity Pebbles make an amazing IPA!). The Haunted House at Pinball Madness during Halloween! INDISC moving from Chaparral Lanes into a much bigger venue, and growing exponentially every year! The Walter Day Trading Card Collection!
And of course, all the pins you could possibly play in one day. You couldn't! You'd have to go the whole weekend!
I was very excited when they announced the move to Palm Springs. To see it all come crumbling down - especially this way - it breaks my heart. I'm not smart enough to know what exactly went wrong, but I do agree with those who have it all seems poorly planned, for what that's worth.
chuckcasey - if you don't mind me asking, what exactly was your role at The Museum of Pinball as the "curator"?

You have a shitty attitude.

This post echoes my feelings on this. Everything up to the last line. That part, Ill leave alone... lol

But yeah, losing this seldom open location really hurts deep. I was so excited to hear about the Palm Springs move which would have had it open regularly and was only a couple miles from a house we have there, but now, just depression. I am hoping they are able to figure out a way to move forward, whatever that is...

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Someone created a pinside account to post this.

Too funny

2 months later
#3270 2 years ago

I haven't watched or bid on anything, but a buddy of mine has a list of several games he was trying to get. He is more into the arcades and lost out on the first few that went for crazy money, but he had a grail game there that he played for the very first time several years ago at MoP and has been looking for one ever since with zero luck ever seeing one go up for sale that is complete. He pulled the trigger and got it in the auction. The game is Subs... He payed a pretty penny for it (I think hammer was $4600 or 4700) but not sure what it is worth as it never seems to be for sale. There is one on eBay for about $3500, but it is not complete and missing some parts. Anyway, he went down and picked it up today. It appears to be in pretty good shape and is fully working. He has his eye on another game coming up for the next weekend of items, but pretty sure there are going to be a lot of folks going for that one, so it may go to high... we will see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.