20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #167 Museum Update & upcoming auction Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #467 Rvdv offer on pick up and shipment Posted by rvdv (2 years ago)

Post #858 auction links Posted by cait001 (2 years ago)

Post #1427 Auction lots being sold on which days Posted by oliviarium (2 years ago)

Post #1533 Video stream link Posted by NPO (2 years ago)

Post #2496 live auction stream on twitch Posted by InvaderHouse (2 years ago)

Post #2810 Article about the auction on nerdist Posted by Knxwledge (2 years ago)

Post #3696 Some lot numbers with prices. Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4227 Auction results Posted by HighVoltage (2 years ago)

Post #4230 All Pinball Machine Auction Prices Posted by bobmathuse (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 2 years ago

Like others, I'd like to fill up a container and expand my current location. However, I'd be way upside down if I paid auction prices for 50 of these machines.

Most pinball auctions end up in ridiculous price territory, and with the visibility this one has it will be worse. Add on to that a big buyers fee, CA tax rate, and the extra cost of logistics, I'd be better off just overpaying locally.

The only buyers that are going to be happy are the ones looking for an obscure EM that no one else wants, or someone willing to pay anything for a rare title.

The market timing for the sellers couldn't be better.

#315 2 years ago

I already looked at pods for this.
They only use 8 footers for cross country and it was going to be over 3500 to get to Atlanta.
Another reason I’m skipping.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I wonder how many of the more rare pins will end up listed for sale on Pinside after the auction, or how many fraud listings will appear here after the auction. "Just bought it at auction, wife doesn't want it, must sell!" type fake auctions.

None. The rare ones will be way overpriced and anyone willing to pay that will be bidding already. If they don't like the hammer price they won't like the Pinside price.

1 month later
#709 2 years ago

The captain's catalog is searchable and has a watchlist function. Do you really need more than that?

#1421 2 years ago

what time does the entertainment start today?

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Anyone have a spreadsheet with the full results from the weekend ???

Open up the Live auction page and you can copy the results out of the Lots grid at the bottom of the page.

#3192 2 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Some of them already for sale on Egay
ebay.com link: The Pinball Museum 1982 Baby Pacman pinball video Super rare Grail Bally

That's funny since the Baby hasn't sold in the auction yet. It is lot 1296.

2 weeks later
#4442 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Tahitian style cabana.
Something like this. [quoted image]

No wonder he was charging you so much - you think palapas are Tahitian.

2 weeks later
#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah is it just me or does Weeks sound like he’s crying poverty when in actuality he’s making some decent change? They did claim they straight out own that property. Where did that money come from. And while they probably weren’t raking in a lot of dough when the had the pinball shows, they made a reasonable amount. And now he’s leasing it to a pot mfg, which is probably paying top dollar. Enough to make him close ship. And now the 5 MIL payday offset by all these losses, we’ll he’s gotta be in the black after this right? Meanwhile the impression I’m getting he’s barely making it. If I sold 5MIL (way over what they expected and paid for the pins) I’d be smiles ear to ear doing non stop cartwheels

It's just you.

4 months later
#4717 2 years ago

Yeah I’d buy a nice DK or two for $2+gs but I’m not donating to help him start up a new arcade.

7 months later
#4755 1 year ago

Doubt it. The list was pretty heavy EM and early SS, newest machine was 1997, with almost a third of them were pre-1970.

Banning was a much newer collection. This list feels like it could have been a single person's collection, not a bunch of random machines assembled for an auction. I paid attention to both auctions and don't see any real connection/crossover.

Troll- thanks for the list

Other than the 5K Volcano, I thought all the prices were pretty reasonable for an event like this.

I would have backed the truck up for a bunch of those EMs. Ignoring the zizzles, there were 180 machines at $1000 or less hammer price.

#4757 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I wonder if I could get anything close to $9500 for my WMS Defender that I still have

Yes you could. The net price on that one was over $12K with fees and taxes. There was more than one bidder at 9k so there's at least one more person looking for one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Black_Knight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate?tu=Black_Knight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.