20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 97.
#4101 2 years ago

That NES in a custom Zelda cabinet cracked me up. Who came up with it? I’ve got half a dozen NES consoles, how hard is it to just make one? I assume you just wire the buttons as they are in the NES controller harness

#4102 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I’ll answer your question within 24 hours. I got a thing to do about picking up a game first.

My wife wasn’t happy with my high number, and that right there is saying something. I’d have gone north of 8.4 at a hammer.

Now I leave the MOP for the last time with the game that meant the most to me every visit.

‘Where’s Cary?’

‘If he’s not drinking beer in the parking lot, then he’s at Freedom Center Pop.’

ED12B837-CBD4-4313-A648-C8179F5BB451 (resized).jpegED12B837-CBD4-4313-A648-C8179F5BB451 (resized).jpeg
#4103 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That NES in a custom Zelda cabinet cracked me up. Who came up with it? I’ve got half a dozen NES consoles, how hard is it to just make one? I assume you just wire the buttons as they are in the NES controller harness

It was a fan made one. Custom artwork and cabinet. Completely mint. The creator was not good with electronics so it's just an NES inside.

#4104 2 years ago

I’ve made one for NES, SNES, and Genesis. All can be found on instructables. Very easy. See pics in my “gameroom” pics.

#4105 2 years ago

Someone got a deal on the Fix it Felix. 10.5k

#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Someone got a deal on the Fix it Felix. 10.5k

Is it really that rare? His whole thing about “made by Disney” confused me. I don’t know anything about Fix It Felix.

#4107 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

It was a fan made one. Custom artwork and cabinet. Completely mint. The creator was not good with electronics so it's just an NES inside.

https://primetimeamusements.com/take-look-custom-made-zelda-arcade-cabinet/

#4108 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

Anyone know who or what entity is represented by bidder 1660?? Deeeeeeeep pockets……!!

I wonder if it’s Jim Blasko? He said on the Facebook feed that he bought something like 18 yesterday for his Aspire Arcade in Vegas. It makes sense since it’s dedicated to older machines.

#4109 2 years ago

Running total now at $4.64M through # 1288

#4110 2 years ago

Is it really that rare? His whole thing about “made by Disney” confused me. I don’t know anything about Fix It Felix.

Disney made about 50 cabinets for their resorts and parks for the release of the movie. Completely new, but aged and weathered to look like a 1980s game with heavy wear. They have new CRT monitors along with HP (Enterprise) computers inside. Never made to be sold to the public, some have "fell off the truck" and are in private hands.

#4111 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

My wife wasn’t happy with my high number, and that right there is saying something. I’d have gone north of 8.4 at a hammer.
Now I leave the MOP for the last time with the game that meant the most to me every visit.
‘Where’s Cary?’
‘If he’s not drinking beer in the parking lot, then he’s at Freedom Center Pop.’
[quoted image]

O.k. So now I don’t feel as bad about not bidding one last time. Congrats. I’m glad it went to someone who will be putting it out there for others to play. You must be stoked that you got it for less than half your bidding limit.

#4112 2 years ago

Baby Pac sells for $5700
Yet the extremely rare, never seen Granny and the Gators goes for $4000???

I spent 4 years searching for mine!
Baby Pac is a dime a dozen and they sit for less than 2k.

Even as the biggest Baby Pac fan, that is nonsense.

#4113 2 years ago

Nice summation of this entire ordeal. These buyers are bidding for theme/brand recognition

#4114 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Disney made about 50 cabinets for their resorts and parks for the release of the movie. Completely new, but aged and weathered to look like a 1980s game with heavy wear. They have new CRT monitors along with HP (Enterprise) computers inside. Never made to be sold to the public, some have "fell off the truck" and are in private hands.

If John shows up on this thread, he can share more. I believe these were done here in Orlando, and done by Fellow Pinhead, Villager, and Disney Designer, Brian Jones.
We had a bunch of them in the Orlando Area.

I may have this completely wrong, though.

He Also remade 1 of 2 games from scratch "Screw Loose" or something?
Ive been trying to think of this wacky game. Any help?

#4115 2 years ago

Congrats to whoever picked up Granny & the Gators.

That and the Transporter are the best grabs of the auction (value wise), IMO.

#4116 2 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Congrats to whoever picked up Granny & the Gators.
That and the Transporter are the best grabs of the auction (value wise), IMO.

There was a $150 Road Riot arcade game which was a proto. Game and monitor worked but control panel was busted. I think that was the best deal IMO

#4117 2 years ago

And the final depressing march of stupid prices begins........

It's just such sad way for the MOP to end, it deserved better.

#4118 2 years ago

Sorry I said you were snoring, Dave... but you were.

#4119 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

And the final depressing march of stupid prices begins........
It's just such sad way for the MOP to end, it deserved better.

Was hardly a museum, it was really just a guy's personal collection he didn't work on himself that he let people play a few times a year. Feels entirely fitting to me

#4120 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Was hardly a museum, it was really just a guy's personal collection he didn't work on himself that he let people play a few times a year. Feels entirely fitting to me

You still bitter because you were denied being able to volunteer as a tech because they didn't think you were a good fit there?

#4121 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

You still bitter because you were denied being able to volunteer as a tech because they didn't think you were a good fit there?

You should come back to KLOV, we miss you over there

#4122 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

You should come back to KLOV, we miss you over there

I’m good.

#4123 2 years ago

Looks like total for arcades will be about $2.1M, Pins a hair over $3M when done. Have it all in a spreadsheet for historical purposes.

#4124 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Looks like total for arcades will be about $2.1M, Pins a hair over $3M when done.

430B5924-9E6B-413E-8239-E6AAB1FE978B.gif430B5924-9E6B-413E-8239-E6AAB1FE978B.gif
#4125 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

........historical purposes.

Stupid moments in human history?

#4126 2 years ago

Aw, okay. I guess your reputation here isn't ruined, so makes sense.

#4127 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Stupid moments in human history?

Yep. Folks who missed this will still be curious, might as well keep it for laughs. Had build quickie sheet pre-auction when I thought I might bid, not much effort to populate the prices.

#4128 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Aw, okay. I guess your reputation here isn't ruined, so makes sense.

My reputation isn’t ruined on KLOV.
I left on my own accord because arguing with people like you is like getting into a fight with a mentally handicapped person.
Take your shit somewhere else.

#4129 2 years ago

9K out the door! One of 85, Last Bally EM.

#4130 2 years ago

We're on to the "insert coin here" backglass. No way that would get out the door now.

#4131 2 years ago

Delta Queen coming up, one of many that I enjoyed playing there. Then Op-Pop-Pop, which I think was a fave of NV, who maybe wrote an article about it. (Testing memory here.)

#4132 2 years ago

heres op -pop...zipper flippers! never seen this one!

#4133 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

My reputation isn’t ruined on KLOV.
I left on my own accord because arguing with people like you is like getting into a fight with a mentally handicapped person.
Take your shit somewhere else.

You started it, buddy. Do you not remember this post you just made?

Quoted from Coindork:

#4134 2 years ago

King Tut wasn't working during most of my visits.

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

King Tut wasn't working during most of my visits.

Yeah, never got to play it either. Crappers.

#4136 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

You started it, buddy. Do you not remember this post you just made?

How did you do in the auction?
I’m guessing you didn’t go view in person considering you are one of only a select few people that made a list to be denied access to the viewing.

I’m guessing you didn’t even know that.
I forget, what were you saying about reputation?

Anyhow, I’m done .

#4137 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

How did you do in the auction?
I’m guessing you didn’t go view in person considering you are one of only a select few people that made a list to be denied access to the viewing.
I’m guessing you didn’t even know that.
I forget, what were you saying about reputation?
Anyhow, I’m done .

Ooooh nice, I didn't realize I was that special! All this shit's way overpriced anyway, I had no interest in bidding, only sitting on the sidelines with my popcorn watching it unfold and laughing about it.

#4138 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Ooooh nice, I didn't realize I was that special! All this shit's way overpriced anyway, I had no interest in bidding, only sitting on the sidelines with my popcorn watching it unfold and laughing about it.

Cool, enjoy your popcorn.

#4139 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Who else was blocked from bidding? I wanna let em know they made it into the exclusive club

#4140 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Who else was blocked from bidding? I wanna let em know they made it into the exclusive club

Quoted from Coindork:

Ok kids, on behalf of everyone else here why don't you take this off line and just PM each other for awhile.

#4141 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Looks like total for arcades will be about $2.1M, Pins a hair over $3M when done. Have it all in a spreadsheet for historical purposes.

When it’s all said and done can you post the gross total sales from the auction.
I’m curious how this compares to the asking price when the contents of the museum were trying to be sold intact.

#4142 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

When it’s all said and done can you post the gross total sales from the auction.
I’m curious how this compares to the asking price when the contents of the museum were trying to be sold intact.

I've heard that CAW beat out Sotheby's and one other auction house, to be the one to land this gig.

#4143 2 years ago

TNA will be up shortly. That is the first title from Spooky that I thought was any good -- and it's pretty good. What condition was the MOP's table in ? Am I correct in my impression that there is very little -- mechanical or otherwise -- that is apt to develop problems in need of fixing on this game ?

#4144 2 years ago

“Again”

“…and again”

“this is a game… again…”

Warning: Do not play Captain’s drinking game with the word “again”.

#4145 2 years ago

I can't believe $16K for a domino man arcade game. I had one of these, really nice, about 10 years back and I think I traded it to a guy for probably $100-$200 worth of value.
It's a cool cabinet, but a terrible playing game.

#4146 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

TNA will be up shortly. That is the first title from Spooky that I thought was any good -- and it's pretty good. What condition was the MOP's table in ? Am I correct in my impression that there is very little -- mechanical or otherwise -- that is apt to develop problems in need of fixing on this game ?

The optos in the lock drops are the only thing I've had a problem with, replaced a couple, and had no further problems. Mine was #62 NIB.

#4147 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I've heard that CAW beat out Sotheby's and one other auction house, to be the one to land this gig.

Yes, but prior to the collection going to auction they were looking for a buyer that would buy the collection and keep it intact.
The problem is that they couldn’t find a potential buyer that would have kept the collection intact. Anyone interested in buying it would have parted it out and sold most of it off or auctioned it, which leads us to where we are today.

#4148 2 years ago

I was the runner up on the pitch and bat.. wife really wanted it, but I don't think the winner would have ever backed down. Went back and forth several times. Those damn fees, would have put it over 5k.

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yes, will be interesting, the pre-show estimate was $7M+ if I recall correctly. Found article:

The collection could be worth as much as $7 million, according to the auctioneer handling the sale, which includes some machines more than 60 years old. The holy grail of the sale could be a “Pirates of the Caribbean” collector’s edition pinball machine from 2018, associated with the Disney franchise, which the auction house said could fetch up to $35,000

#4150 2 years ago

I worked on the film, they made 10 I think for us to play.

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.