20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 97.
#3951 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Ride the snake?

R I D E T H E S N A K E

#3953 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3954 2 years ago

Whomever bought the EM Monte Carlo.
I donated that game.
The spring for the pedal is inside the game and just needs to be attached.
I blows the fuse for the ball eject every once in a while after long periods of time, which is why it would not eject the ball.
Game works just needs TLC.

#3955 2 years ago

Incredible that cyclone sold for $8700 plus hammer and shipping. Prices are stupid. I still don’t think it’s real. I have a beautiful cyclone that I just fully restored with brand new playfield. And I’m into it for $1500!!!

Truly tho. I never thought eBay prices would be lower than anything else. These are NOT MUSEUM PIECES!! These are just a little better than players condition. No real buyer would pay this kind of money. Crazy

#3956 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Whomever bought the EM Monte Caro.
I donated that game.
I blows the fuse for the ball eject every once in a while after long periods of time, which is why it would not eject the ball.

Umm, Hello. IT Was Me and I'm super stoked!
I think I just got the cheapest lot at this auction.
I know this game. Only from long ago.
Thank you for the heads up.
I'll be in touch and already have an idea about that fuse.
I just wonder we're the ball is?
I won something!

#3957 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I won something!

I took the game to ZapCon 3 years ago and it got the shit played out of it there.
The spring broke at the show and we jimmy rigged it with some pinball rubbers from the Marco booth.
Don't trip out when you see a bunch of pinball rubbers attached to the peddle replacing the spring, lol.
Joe, the arcade tech ordered the correct spring, which is sitting inside the machine and never installed.

If you want to know the history on the machine, it came out of an arcade museum in New Mexico that went defunct.

#3958 2 years ago

I won something!

The ball is probably in there.
If not it used the same ball as Ice Cold Beer, Zekes Peak and Fire Escape so its easy to get.
John fell in love with the machine at the show and I was out of room on my trailer because I bought two pins a the show, so I gave it to the museum.
If you need help with it when you get it, let me know.
I pretty familial with it.

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

IT'S A BALL BOWLER WTF WHY ARE YOU BIDDING 15K

Was that the Bowlerama?

#3960 2 years ago

What was the final bid on the Space Pilot?

#3961 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Agreed, but that T2 was probably in the best overall shape (inside and out) of any on that row.

Who cares? It's a freaking T2. That's a 3k machine at best.

#3962 2 years ago

Nice pick up, Eric! Fun Game!

#3963 2 years ago

Wait they don’t have a proper original Taito Space Invaders? Just the midway versions??

I’ve got a Taito, but everyone I’ve contacted to fix the boards have outright declined. They’ve stated they’re too old and not worth fixing

#3964 2 years ago

Goldeneye for 9200?? WTF??? Who would pay that????????????????????????????

#3965 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wait they don’t have a proper original Taito Space Invaders? Just the midway versions??
I’ve got a Taito, but everyone I’ve contacted to fix the boards have outright declined. They’ve stated they’re too old and not worth fixing

That might be the reason we don't have it. But we fixed PCBs far older then that. Fixed one today from 1974.

#3966 2 years ago

I won something!

Well done!
It is a cool piece. Glad a collector got a rare win in this shit fest.

#3967 2 years ago

8700 for a Cyclone???????????????????????????? WTF????

I bought mine for $1300 10 years ago.

I'm going to list mine for $8000. It's an absolute bargain.

#3968 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I took the game to ZapCon 3 years ago and it got the shit played out of it there.
The spring broke at the show and we jimmy rigged it with some pinball rubbers from the Marco booth.
Don't trip out when you see a bunch of pinball rubbers attached to the peddle replacing the spring, lol.
Joe, the arcade tech ordered the correct spring, which is sitting inside the machine and never installed.
If you want to know the history on the machine, it came out of an arcade museum in New Mexico that went defunct.

Quoted from Coindork:

Whomever bought the EM Monte Carlo.
I donated that game.

Quoted from Coindork:

The ball is probably in there.
If not it used the same ball as Ice Cold Beer, Zekes Peak and Fire Escape so its easy to get.
John fell in love with the machine at the show and I was out of room on my trailer because I bought two pins a the show, so I gave it to the museum.
If you need help with it when you get it, let me know.
I pretty familial with it.

I can't thank you enough!!!
I owe you, and I'll let you know it's progress.
Super fun. I seriously think this is the cheapest lot so far at Banning.

#3969 2 years ago

I can't thank you enough!!!
I owe you, and I'll let you know it's progress.
Super fun. I seriously think this is the cheapest lot so far at Banning.

That game is super fun, congrats.
When I took that game to ZapCon we had people waiting in line to play it.
You're going to have a lot of fun with it.

#3970 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Someone calling out their bids on the floor sounds like he's on a cattle drive.

He's on staff, he's watching the internet for online bids and calling them out. He gets creative once in a while to keep it interesting I guess.

On calling bids, I found it weird that they have spotters on the floor, that call out for the floor bidders who indicate silently. I think bidders should voice their bids. This routine kind of discourages it.

#3971 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

He's on staff, he's watching the internet for online bids and calling them out. He gets creative once in a while to keep it interesting I guess.
On calling bids, I found it weird that they have spotters on the floor, that call out for the floor bidders who indicate silently. I think bidders should voice their bids. This routine kind of discourages it.

The spotters are also there to encourage the bidder to up their bid. They can really put down the pressure on big item auctions. There is about 15 people in the room right now, so not a lot for the spotter to do.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That might be the reason we don't have it. But we fixed PCBs far older then that. Fixed one today from 1974.

Are you and the other museum techs available? I’ve got some boards that need repair

#3973 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

The spotters are also there to encourage the bidder to up their bid. They can really put down the pressure on big item auctions. There is about 15 people in the room right now, so not a lot for the spotter to do.

I found the chick doing it annoying, her antics would discourage me.

#3974 2 years ago

Are you and the other museum techs available? I’ve got some boards that need repair

Most of us are on here or KLOV. Best to search and find someone who specializes in the type of PCB you need repaired.

#3975 2 years ago

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but a good recap of the first auction. That's a very nice amount for a weekend's work. $3.5m total for the first three days. Looking forward to the next recap.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/09/11/museum-of-pinball-collection-auctioned-off/

#3976 2 years ago

That's dumb, Im sure you could find someone on KLOV to repair it. Maybe try El Dorado games

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

That's dumb, Im sure you could find someone on KLOV to repair it. Maybe try El Dorado games

I'm not so sure its as easy as that.
The Midway Space Invaders uses an 8080 processor so its similar to a lot of other games (Sea Worlf, Space Lazer, Depthcharge, Lunar Rescue etc.), but not the same as the Japanese version.
We had a guy that was bringing his Taito Space Invaders to several repair parties out here and could not figure out how to get it working.
I'm not the best PCB guy, but there are several guys in our group that are electrical engineers and no dice.

#3978 2 years ago

Man... I wish I had the space and 3-phase power for that FX Simulation unit. Whoever buys that and can put it to good use is getting an incredible deal on a legit thrill ride.

#3979 2 years ago

oh man, would love the Green Monster! This thing is cheap at 12k. No room.

#3980 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Man... I wish I had the space and 3-phase power for that FX Simulation unit. Whoever buys that and can put it to good use is getting an incredible deal on a legit thrill ride.

This thing is a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3981 2 years ago

I was wondering what that thing normally goes for. The manufacturer web site does not inspire confidence, ha. Broken Links, missing pages, mashed-up styles.

Brochure is a bit more reassuring...

http://www.fxsimulation.com/downloads/x2-brochure-web.pdf

#3982 2 years ago

oh man, would love the Green Monster! This thing is cheap at 12k. No room.

I almost threw up getting off that thing after they got it up and running.

#3983 2 years ago

The last auction they showed the hammer prices. Now all I’m seeing is what’s currently being bid on. Did they change the format?

#3984 2 years ago

Not running. Nutting.

#3985 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sold for 14k. The pump motor is 240v 3 phase, but it's all standard industrial parts. So it can be swapped out. Everything else is 120v. We have talked to the manufacture. I think it's just a few guys making and supporting them.

#3986 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not running. Nutting.[quoted image]

And a working amusement park ride sells for 14k? WTF.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Sold for 14k. The pump motor is 240v 3 phase, but it's all standard industrial parts. So it can be swapped out. Everything else is 120v.

This is really a 110k machine. Who just stole this? Best deal so far.

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I see what you did there.
Well done.

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

That is a "barn find" game and includes mouse nest. We never powered it on due to it really needing a professional restore so no damage is done.

#3991 2 years ago

I just got done watching UFC and I thought I witnessed a brutal beating, then I saw a Pong sell for $20,500

#3992 2 years ago

PONG for $20k? Did that just sell for LOTR LE price? I've seen it all. Good night. Varkon comparable. What the.....more than Fx green monster.

#3993 2 years ago

And a working amusement park ride sells for 14k? WTF.

You have 440AC and a lot of space ?

Huge things often don't go for much.

Years ago a big Sega game, looked like a gyroscope you rode in. Went for $500 at a local arcade auction. Not many people or places have an area about 25 feet by 25 feet for the fence around it to protect bystanders. And a big game like that you almost need an attendant on duty by it.

LTG : )

#3994 2 years ago

Why pong, why. Can nobody find this game any other place? Was like 5 of them made?

#3995 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Why pong, why. Can nobody find this game any other place? Was like 5 of them made?

I own an original TV PONG. Wow

#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Years ago a big Sega game, looked like a gyroscope you rode in. Went for $500 at a local arcade auction. Not many people or places have an area about 25 feet by 25 feet for the fence around it to protect bystanders. And a big game like that you almost need an attendant on duty by it.

That Sega game is an R360. John bought one for the MOP, but the MOP shutdown before it was delivered. Chris has it to auction off.

#3997 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That is a "barn find" game and includes mouse nest. We never powered it on due to it really needing a professional restore so no damage is done.

Is it possible to get it working? There can’t be more than a handful of two player computer space machines left. If it can be fixed, $10k isn’t so bad. If not, that’s an expensive paperweight.
Pong over $20k? Wtf

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, wow I know. I was trying to figure out during bidding if I could take it to our local fair circuit. The hassle along had me out.

#3999 2 years ago

Pong is a household name and everyone with money knows what it is. That, combined with the way the auction has been going, i am not surprised it went that high.

#4000 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is it possible to get it working? There can’t be more than a handful of two player computer space machines left. If it can be fixed, $10k isn’t so bad. If not, that’s an expensive paperweight.
Pong over $20k? Wtf

Unknown. It's complete, just needs a lot of labor to restore.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.