20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 97.
#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Pinball Machine Stern SS $7,500

I was so ugly that my parents sent my picture to 'ripley's believe it or not' - they sent it back and said, "we don't believe it." — Joan Rivers

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

An even better mod is to replace the stationary targets with drop targets.
The game is coded that way and they were taken out when the game went into production. Here’s a picture of mine.
It’s a real game changer for this title. [quoted image]

I was not aware of that... I remember playing this game on location and always thought those should have been DTs... interesting that they made that last minute decision...do you know why?

#3753 2 years ago

$1700 Stellar Wars seems somewhat reasonable... was it not working? I missed it

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

$1700 Stellar Wars seems somewhat reasonable... was it not working? I missed it

not work, and neither was phoenix

#3755 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

5 grand for a mr & mrs pacman? good lord.

If I recall, it still wasn't working. It had some weird problems.

#3756 2 years ago

Wanted to get Starlight, but my max bid of $4500 seems adorable in retrospect.

#3757 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

not work, and neither was phoenix

I swear they were actually playing Phoenix but I musta been distracted by the clearcoated playfield and Dave talking about the developers lol

#3758 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK everyone a big round of applause to our California purveyor of pinball clubs, CaryCarmichael who attained the Freedom Prototype. *woo woo*
Hey Cary... this means it'll be available for play for the peoples, yes?

I think that's the one that had some pork chop bones in the bottom of the cabinet.

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I swear they were actually playing Phoenix but I musta been distracted by the clearcoated playfield and Dave talking about the developers lol

He's doing a good job at that. Evident in Star light for 10k.

#3760 2 years ago

He's doing a good job at that. Evident in Star light for 10k.

Who is he exactly? Is he involved with the museum? I hope Captain is cutting him a nice check after this

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from happyclan:

Cyclone for $8,700. I've seen it all.

Coaster pins are hot! I'm RICH!!!!!!!

Jolly Park coming soon, should be interesting.

#3762 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Coaster pins are hot! I'm RICH!!!!!!!
Jolly Park coming soon, should be interesting.

We could never get Jolly park playing. We had a 220v to 120v convertor for it, but everything was in a different language and we could not get it out of the menu.

#3763 2 years ago

Wasn’t last asking price for Primus $9300. I guess this didn’t seem too terrible… sold hammer $8100

#3764 2 years ago

Some pin trivia: one of the more notorious songs by Primus had a salacious sounding title that almost (?) provoked a lawsuit, did provoke an insulting counter-video, but the claim was made that the title actually referred to something other than what people assumed it referred to.

#3765 2 years ago

We could never get Jolly park playing. We had a 220v to 120v convertor for it, but everything was in a different language and we could not get it out of the menu.

Yeah, the Spanish stuff is tough for me also, the manual is very detailed though. I just upgraded my transformer to a grounded one. Apparently the old non-grounded one should not be used on a bare concrete floor. Didn't know that until I felt some serious voltage coming off the legs.

#3766 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Some pin trivia: one of the more notorious songs by Primus had a salacious sounding title that almost (?) provoked a lawsuit, did provoke an insulting counter-video, but the claim was made that the title actually referred to something other than what people assumed it referred to.

Wynona?

#3767 2 years ago

$10,100 Sopranos

#3768 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

$10,100 Sopranos

I'm not fluent in binary, how much was it?

#3769 2 years ago

$10,100 for Sopranos... Must be the deluxe edition with Jimmy Hoffa's body inside.

#3770 2 years ago

Someone did a Google search on the wrong Indiana Jones. $9600 hammer for the stern!!!

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm not fluent in binary, how much was it?

$20 in binary

#3772 2 years ago
#3773 2 years ago

Actually Verne turns on, language issue again. We only had 1 invertor for 2 machines.

#3774 2 years ago

Actually Verne turns on, language issue again. We only had 1 invertor for 2 machines.

Thought Verne's would go higher than Jolly Park, guess the lack of power kept the price down.

#3775 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK everyone a big round of applause to our California purveyor of pinball clubs, CaryCarmichael who attained the Freedom Prototype. *woo woo*
Hey Cary... this means it'll be available for play for the peoples, yes?

I’m really regretting not bidding one last time at $3400. These just don’t come up for sale. I figured whoever got it was not one of the same guys who won the Cyclone or Data East Batman. Can you ask Cary if he would have countered at $3500? How high was he willing to go?

#3776 2 years ago

Dear future Midway Gun Fight owner, you may want to replace this as it's shorted. Game still works.

768-1024-3 (resized).jpg768-1024-3 (resized).jpg
#3777 2 years ago

Well that's more Zaccaria than I've ever seen in one place. Sorry it's going to the four winds before we could make it out to California again.

#3778 2 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Well that's more Zaccaria than I've ever seen in one place. Sorry it's going to the four winds before we could make it out to California again.

They were certainly different, they were interesting.

I believe there has been a Jolly Park, a Verne's World, (and one called Budo, as in martial arts) in the Pinball Land collection (in Santa Ana, CA.), though they were probably rotated in, rather than being part of the standing group. This is a private location that opens sporadically, but you can get on their mailing list to be notified as to when they are open. They also relocated to a new location, awhile back.

#3779 2 years ago

Good to see both Devil Riders working .... last time there only could get one working (was using the spare for parts to get the other one working)

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Thought Verne's would go higher than Jolly Park, guess the lack of power kept the price down.

At the last show we 'teched' at, my son had Verne's working (to some extent at least) ... it is a great game and thought it would have gone for a lot more than that too....

#3781 2 years ago

I just wanted to say U-Boat 65 in this thread so it would be mentioned in searches.

Also worth mentioning is there's probably no possible way you'll get this one running again so happy $2700 spent!

#3782 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I just wanted to say U-Boat 65 in this thread so it would be mentioned in searches.
Also worth mentioning is there's probably no possible way you'll get this one running again so happy $2700 spent!

It looks like it was made with Premier/Gottlieb parts.

#3783 2 years ago

And for anyone heading by that way who may have been curious, there was an Attila the Hun at the Seattle Pinball Museum -- assuming that they are still up and running.

#3784 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Out of curiosity, why do you say that?
I know someone who ones one of these that works.
Is is missing some kind of game specific parts or something?

#3785 2 years ago

Banning auction.... NZ pinball prices. Say hold my beer.

Screenshot_20210926-101126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210926-101126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Banning auction.... NZ pinball prices. Say hold my beer.
[quoted image]

How recent was that ?

#3787 2 years ago

I bet lot 1014 Safe Cracker Pinball Machine hits 20K

#3788 2 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I bet lot 1014 Safe Cracker Pinball Machine hits 20K

I'll guess 12.5k

#3789 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

They were certainly different, they were interesting.
I believe there has been a Jolly Park, a Verne's World, (and one called Budo, as in martial arts) in the Pinball Land collection (in Santa Ana, CA.), though they were probably rotated in, rather than being part of the standing group. This is a private location that opens sporadically, but you can get on their mailing list to be notified as to when they are open. They also relocated to a new location, awhile back.

Is this the website for that?
https://gopinballland.wordpress.com/become-a-member/

#3790 2 years ago

Calling all MOP techs:
Pin condition comments re Lots # 1024 through #1045 ? Any serious red flags that we should know about ?
(Not that the likely prices are going to be worth a bid anyway, but just in case . . . . )

#3791 2 years ago

Definitely another entertaining day today ... worth getting up early here in Australia to watch

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

How recent was that ?

now , 12 hours to go on auction..

#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

$20 in binary

That's actually correct. Impressive

#3794 2 years ago

Higher hammer on Oktoberfest than NIB price. Stunning.

#3795 2 years ago

I think so. Ron and Angi -- great people. Probably also have some presence on FB ?
There won't be any other venue of the same name in SoCal.

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

Higher hammer on Oktoberfest than NIB price. Stunning.

Yeah, couldn't find AP's pricing on their website. Definitly over NIB after fees.

#3797 2 years ago

OKF 8,200 plus fees = a few thousand higher than what we can sell new in box... lol I'd love to meet the knuckleheads bidding on this stuff...

#3798 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Yeah I thought it would go higher too.
Vernes was also playable, I never had Jolly Park working. If I remember correctly I think there was just a bit of messing around in the menu system, which is all in Italian or Spanish, to credit it up.

vernesworld (resized).jpgvernesworld (resized).jpg

#3799 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Calling all MOP techs:
Pin condition comments re Lots # 1024 through #1045 ? Any serious red flags that we should know about ?
(Not that the likely prices are going to be worth a bid anyway, but just in case . . . . )

I remember NGG having an issue with it spitting multiple balls out when it would start a game when I was there at the last event. Spent a lot of time playing that machine before it developed that issue.

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Calling all MOP techs:

I seem to recall Funhouse had a split cabinet corner the last show I worked there.

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.