Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,690 posts
  • 406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

falling-knife-example (resized).jpg
    77995_0 (resized).jpg
    77992_0 (resized).jpg
    marine traffic 2021-10-25 (resized).png
    aspects-hummzinger-ultra-hummingbird-feeder@2x (resized).jpg
    20210915_153816 (resized).jpg
    20211022_135504 (resized).jpg
    20210915_155149 (resized).jpg
    20211023_143137 (resized).jpg
    20211023_143007 (resized).jpg
    20211023_142943 (resized).jpg
    20210915_155304 (resized).jpg
    20210915_163811 (resized).jpg
    59524808-C660-4695-82A6-5ED0248EE5D2 (resized).jpeg
    20211022_142145 (resized).jpg
    Paradise Dancer 2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 94.
    #3701 72 days ago
    Quoted from Asmig:

Here we go, 5100 for Charlie's Angles to start the pins tonight

That Charlies Angels was in the tech room for the last 3 years. I don't think it had any boards in it. Did it turn on?

#3702 72 days ago

Hey wait TX-Sector for $2600? Isn't that sort of a decent price? Was it working?

#3703 72 days ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Hey wait TX-Sector for $2600? Isn't that sort of a decent price? Was it working?

Guess you aren't reading the posts: see my comments in post 3697.

#3704 72 days ago

Seeing these hammer prices just further my argument that California sucks. 7K in this hobby doesn’t get you much anymore. I paid 6,900 for an AFMr SE just before the pandemic hit.

#3705 72 days ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Seeing these hammer prices just further my argument that California sucks. 7K in this hobby doesn’t get you much anymore. I paid 6,900 for an AFMr SE just before the pandemic hit.

So people coming from Australia and Dubai paying crazy prices to fill containers to ship back to their countries means California sucks? Huh? Cali sucks because they bought them here? I don't get your logic. Please explain.
    B

#3706 72 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Hope you didn't destroy a complete game.

Guy I bought it from parted out 2 of them, parts came as part of the deal.

Quoted from Knxwledge:

$150 Road Riot project is pretty damn good
    $500 Hard Drivin' sitdown with a monitor collapse was a pretty good deal
    $300 America's Army is also a pretty good deal, as mentioned by Karnov
    $1100 Knockout seems like a pretty standard auction price, same with $1200 Sky Kings

Off-topic but is there a thread somewhere on how to fix monitor collapse? I had this happen on a game a friend wanted me to look at. We were just standing there and boom! Picture just slowly fuzzed out and then shrunk into a pinprick.
    I have little experience with arcades and I tapped out when that happened

#3707 72 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Off-topic but is there a thread somewhere on how to fix monitor collapse? I had this happen on a game a friend wanted me to look at. We were just standing there and boom! Picture just slowly fuzzed out and then shrunk into a pinprick.

The monitor probably needs the caps replaced. Most older monitors need this at some point. You can buy cap kits if you can identify the monitor.

#3708 72 days ago

Seeing these hammer prices just further my argument that California sucks.

Hey, I love New London. Let's not put the auction results and, furthermore, the inflating pinball prices on the state of California.

#3709 72 days ago

Is there a way to view a list of what has sold so far and for how much, or maybe someone has compiled a list?

Thanks

#3710 72 days ago

is there a thread somewhere on how to fix monitor collapse?

Lots of info out there on this for all types of monitor chassis. See if you can figure out what model the chassis (not the tube) is & go from there via Google.

#3711 72 days ago

Seeing these hammer prices just further my argument that California sucks

You realize that most of the online buyers are from outside CA? Not sure why people are getting so much in an uproar over people outside the hobby paying way too much for pins? It will not effect the selling price of pins outside of this auction. It might effect the asking price haha. A year from now when these people go to sell these machines, they will be in for a shock. In the mean time techs and parts sellers around the country will benefit from this.

#3712 72 days ago
    Quoted from John_I:

You realize that most of the online buyers are from outside CA? .

No it's fine, let them believe the myth of how awful California is. Don't need to push that median home price any higher than it is!

#3713 72 days ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

876 Vampire The Night Warriors Sega Astro City Candy Cabinet Arcade Game $5,900

This is the one that makes my head hurt.

Love Astro Cities, I have 4. Paid a third of the cost of that one for all of them. The game that's in it is worth a few hundred bucks, maybe slight more, but not much. After hammer and factoring in the CPS2 it's a $7k Astro.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Prices are up, candies are getting more scarce, containers are expensive, I get it. But that means paying $1500 now, not $7k.

#3714 72 days ago
    Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Pit Fighter wants its trophy back, please.

A Challenger appears:

pasted_image (resized).png

#3715 72 days ago

Seeing these hammer prices just further my argument that California sucks.

Maybe it's out of towners from places like (checks notes) Groton, CT doing the sucking and driving up the prices. You might have noticed, if you were paying even a little attention, that us locals aren't exactly swooping in to pay these prices.

#3716 72 days ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe it's out of towners from places like (checks notes) Groton, CT doing the sucking and driving up the prices. You might have noticed, if you were paying even a little attention, that us locals aren't exactly swooping in to pay these prices.

My ex wife is from Groton. That says it all.

#3717 72 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

$5900
    LTG : )

That's the only Williams / Bally WPC era machine that we could never get to work.
    Ever.
    After 4 years of trying.

So someone paid $5,900 for arguably the worst WPC title made... that doesn't even work. Fun times!

#3718 72 days ago

I hear Dave snoring while the bidding is going on

#3719 72 days ago
    Quoted from EStroh:

That's the only Williams / Bally WPC era machine that we could never get to work.
    Ever.
    After 4 years of trying.
    So someone paid $5,900 for arguably the worst WPC title made... that doesn't even work. Fun times!

Are we talking about the Bugs Bunny? I don't remeber that one being non-playing watching the auction. Did it flip, but was glitchy?

#3720 72 days ago
    Quoted from EStroh:

Ever.
    After 4 years of trying.

You guys are saints for trying to fix that game for that long.

#3721 72 days ago

No one answered my earlier query on this, but based on a block of 5 lots today (Weekend 2, Day 2), the streaming glitches are behind them, Dave is still doing his historical descriptive thing, and lots were running about 3 minutes to closing per each. That could be important if you were waiting for something in particular to come up, and wanted to try to schedule any breaks you wanted to take.

#3722 72 days ago

Fear not... if you missed out on the Freedom prototype, find yourself a production version. I'll eventually have a replacement playfield, plastics, and mech kit to convert it to the prototype.

#3723 72 days ago

5 grand for a mr & mrs pacman? good lord.

#3724 72 days ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Fear not... if you missed out on the Freedom prototype, find yourself a production version. I'll eventually have a replacement playfield, plastics, and mech kit to convert it to the prototype.

That was the only game I’ve bid on. My limit was $2700. I thought about bidding one last time at $3400 but with all the fees it would have been just too much.

#3725 72 days ago
    Quoted from jake35:

5 grand for a mr & mrs pacman? good lord.

Gotta believe some sultan is grabbing these. Then you have the fees and shipping costs. Crazy.

#3726 72 days ago

I bought a fully working Caveman years ago from Captain's for $300. I actually thought it was great, the vid portion was incredibly fun, but it was impossible to keep the game working. The board stack is not built for any consistent operation.

#3727 72 days ago

Last minute fixes.

1024-768-2 (resized).jpg
    #3728 72 days ago

So when a monitor is collapsed like that it's a deflection problem. It's a good idea to do a recap but it likely won't fix a collapse. If it's displaying a horizontal line running from left to right, check the vertical output transistors, and maybe the IC. If it has other size problems it could be a horizontal output problem, which is tied into the B+ voltage. KLOV is great resource for arcade repairs

#3729 72 days ago

You can buy Evel Knievel's actual body for less than the game ! : )

#3730 72 days ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

I bought a fully working Caveman years ago from Captain's for $300. I actually thought it was great, the vid portion was incredibly fun, but it was impossible to keep the game working. The board stack is not built for any consistent operation.

I bid on Caveman, but was out at $1000. I really hope to find a working one someday.

#3731 72 days ago

Was Old Chicago at $1,700 one of the actual (overlooked ?) bargains of the auction, thus far ?

#3732 72 days ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The monitor probably needs the caps replaced. Most older monitors need this at some point. You can buy cap kits if you can identify the monitor.

Quoted from jahbarron:

Lots of info out there on this for all types of monitor chassis. See if you can figure out what model the chassis (not the tube) is & go from there via Google.

Quoted from Knxwledge:

So when a monitor is collapsed like that it's a deflection problem. It's a good idea to do a recap but it likely won't fix a collapse. If it's displaying a horizontal line running from left to right, check the vertical output transistors, and maybe the IC. If it has other size problems it could be a horizontal output problem, which is tied into the B+ voltage.

Thank you all so much! Very awesome that so many of you helped with an arcade question on a pinball website!

It was a Buck Hunter with a bad hard drive. In the middle of trying to get to the BIOS the screen collapsed to a pinprick.
    I told them to just refund the purchase, because it was bought from an amusement company, but it scared the hell out of me and cemented why I do not (generally) work on arcade machines.

I’m stoked about $1800 Caveman! My investment just went up 350%! Caveman is extremely hated, but at my show it was played constantly. Probably almost 300 plays! It’s such a weird machine that people can’t step away!

#3733 72 days ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Was Old Chicago at $1,700 one of the actual (overlooked ?) bargains of the auction, thus far ?

The cabinet looked like total shit.

#3734 72 days ago

Looking slightly ahead, does anyone know the condition of Firepower, Lot #969 ? I believe that a lot of these were made. An interesting footnote on that: one of our local operators, for reasons unclear, substituted one of those lightweight ceramic balls (a ala TZ's "Powerball") in the game, and I thought that this transformed the game in an unexpected and highly favorable way. Definitely worth trying, if you ever get the chance !

#3735 72 days ago

Thank you all so much! Very awesome that so many of you helped with an arcade question on a pinball website!
    It was a Buck Hunter with a bad hard drive. In the middle of trying to get to the BIOS the screen collapsed to a pinprick.
    I told them to just refund the purchase, because it was bought from an amusement company, but it scared the hell out of me and cemented why I do not (generally) work on arcade machines.

You should get an arcade cabinet cheap one time and tinker with it, they're fun to work on. If nothing else you can always find someone selling working boards to swap in. I find monitors pretty easy to work on usually, but PCB repair is always rough for me.

#3736 72 days ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

Looking slightly ahead, does anyone know the condition of Firepower, Lot #969 ? I believe that a lot of these were made. An interesting footnote on that: one of our local operators, for reasons unclear, substituted one of those lightweight ceramic balls (a ala TZ's "Powerball") in the game, and I thought that this transformed the game in an unexpected and highly favorable way. Definitely worth trying, if you ever get the chance !

Firepower actually played very well. It was the go to game for a bunch of us techs after hours. It will be really interesting to see how much that goes for considering I have had 3 of them and all sold for under 1500, including 1 i sent to captains to sell.

#3737 72 days ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

An even better mod is to replace the stationary targets with drop targets.
    The game is coded that way and they were taken out when the game went into production. Here’s a picture of mine.
    It’s a real game changer for this title.

6AF016F3-DD98-47BF-B904-F898D389CE28 (resized).jpeg
    #3738 72 days ago

Cyclone for $8,700. I've seen it all.

#3739 72 days ago

$8,700 Cyclone, boy I can't wait for the finale.

#3740 72 days ago

Hey you with the face.

#3741 72 days ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

That must be the going rate in California.

#3742 72 days ago
    Quoted from happyclan:

They really milked that one, but they just sold Panthera so quickly

#3744 72 days ago

The Firepower is excellent. It’s probably the #1 machine I had hoped to get. It looks great and it plays super fast. Every time I went to MOP I always played that one the most. I really like it and more than likely Firepower will be my next buy if I can score a good one.

The Firepower at PHOF has the drop targets. That one is pretty nice also but it always seemed the one at MOP played better.

#3745 72 days ago

OK everyone a big round of applause to our California purveyor of pinball clubs, CaryCarmichael who attained the Freedom Prototype. *woo woo*

Hey Cary... this means it'll be available for play for the peoples, yes?

#3746 72 days ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

OK everyone a big round of applause to our California purveyor of pinball clubs, CaryCarmichael who attained the Freedom Prototype. *woo woo*
    Hey Cary... this means it'll be available for play for the peoples, yes?

Cary always shares!

#3747 72 days ago

Space Shuttle $5100 plus fees. There are 2 pretty nice ones for sale for $3,000 each right now on Pinside. So, I could buy those 2 for $3,000 each, then sell one of them for $6,000, and then I will have a FREE Space Shuttle! Wait, is that how this works??

#3748 72 days ago

Well, there it goes. $4,200 hammer for the Firepower. Sigh.

#3749 72 days ago

What is this "Typed in Bids Cannot Be Considered" response in the crawl, after you hit Send, on the liveauction page ?

#3750 72 days ago
    Quoted from Heretic_9:

What is this "Typed in Bids Cannot Be Considered" response in the crawl, after you hit Send, on the liveauction page ?

You have to click the red bid button to bid. Some folks are sending dollar amounts.

There are 4,690 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 94.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside