20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 97.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

A friend of my dad's who has a couple games but isn't a very big collector, doesn't really know how to work on his own stuff, told me he bought the Barb Wire from the Museum auction. He's gonna hire me to work on it for him, he says it's working aside from a sluggish flipper and sling but I bet it needs a shop job. He also said he wanted to put a few color LEDs in it.

Meet your friends dad Monday.
Helped load it into truck. Nice guy.
He was happy to take home Pam.

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

He was happy to take home Pam.

I don't know a lot of guys who wouldn't be

Ignorance is bliss as they say. He got what he wanted and is happy. If he doesn't know that he overpaid then good for him. We don't need to burst his bubble.

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

Ignorance is bliss as they say. He got what he wanted and is happy. If he doesn't know that he overpaid then good for him. We don't need to burst his bubble.

Maybe he got a million dollar payout or bonus, and doesn't care.

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6c7492d52e1829cf13160f951a254f6ebf184749-1632325850-1800"};
//]]>

I'm curious what he has to say about price, but obviously could be awkward unless he brings it up.

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from justyn:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"458ffaac537c6c43332e01bd683744e4fc214352-1632335816-1800"};
//]]>

I dont really get it, we had talked before about buying games and I remember him saying the prices at the regular Captain's were too much for him... something must of changed haha. It confuses me but Im not gonna press him about it

#3556 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I dont really get it, we had talked before about buying games and I remember him saying the prices at the regular Captain's were too much for him... something must of changed haha. It confuses me but Im not gonna press him about it

FWIW Barb Wire is insanely fun and fairly well built. He won’t regret it if he just wanted a fun good looking shooter.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

FWIW Barb Wire is insanely fun and fairly well built. He won’t regret it if he just wanted a fun good looking shooter.

Awesome, I think he wanted it more for the theme but thats great. It should have some good staying power in his collection. I will probably make a post about the work I do to it

#3558 2 years ago

For anyone who's been out that way recently: Have buyers been picking up their purchases . . . in some orderly (?) manner, with overall progress ? Are they starting to clear out those halls at MOP ?

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

For anyone who's been out that way recently: Have buyers been picking up their purchases . . . in some orderly (?) manner, with overall progress ? Are they starting to clear out those halls at MOP ?

I saw some photos from a friend. Kinda sad to see all the empty spaces.

#3560 2 years ago

Well I don’t know about anyone else but I’m excited about this weekends festivities. It’s inevitably going to be another crazy weekend but I’m proud to see sales of games around here these last couple weeks are still reasonable for the given market. Obviously some spamming which has rightfully been overlooked.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Well I don’t know about anyone else but I’m excited about this weekends festivities. It’s inevitably going to be another crazy weekend but I’m proud to see sales of games around here these last couple weeks are still reasonable for the given market. Obviously some spamming which has rightfully been overlooked.

It will be interesting to watch, thats for sure.

#3562 2 years ago

heading to Costco for more popcorn

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I'm in the northwest, and I think your description applies to prices here as well. The M.O.P. event seems to be sort of a flying saucer landing - once in a lifetime, so to speak.

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

It’s inevitably going to be another crazy weekend

Hard to say. The attention span of the previous buyers ? Do they know there is three more days ? Do they know the difference between a truly valuable rare game and a common museum game ?

Should be interesting.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Still waiting on the $50K so I can make a run at PTC !

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do they know there is three more days ?

I think this will make or break the outcomes.

Absent whoever bid up that Baywatch and you’ve got sane pricing. Those type of bidders don’t know an A title from a C title. Generally speaking.

Could be a better weekend for Pinsiders/ hobbyists.

#3566 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the last round as a spectator. Honestly, ESPN3 should be airing this.

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I really enjoyed the last round as a spectator. Honestly, ESPN3 should be airing this.

Change your city in CA from “you bet” to “you bid”

#3568 2 years ago

Anyone who viewed or participated in the first auction was constantly reminded by Chris about the 2nd weekend.

I do think there will be better chances for true collectors, but I have no doubt that there will be some high reserve bids like before.

Even with a potentially smaller audience than the 1st weekend, I think it will still be competitive, just hopefully with more real collectors getting some wins.

#3569 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I think this will make or break the outcomes.
Absent whoever bid up that Baywatch and you’ve got sane pricing. Those type of bidders don’t know an A title from a C title. Generally speaking.
Could be a better weekend for Pinsiders/ hobbyists.

I’d argue that “a lot” of games, regardless of A, B, C, or F status amongst people that ACTUALLY play or collect pinball machines, were waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy high. Like, literally higher than the sum of their components. You could literally hire someone to build, from scratch, most of the games sold, for less.

So certainly not “sane” pricing; at least in the circles I travel in.

Also, as a BW owner, it deserves every bit of its 8k hammer price…LOLOLOL

How about that 10k JD or monopoly?

Please note the “tongue-in-cheekness” of this post…

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

heading to Costco for more popcorn

5E29AA2D-A1B0-466C-98CC-37305FB8D8E9.gif5E29AA2D-A1B0-466C-98CC-37305FB8D8E9.gif
#3571 2 years ago

I would like to go one more time, but this weekend is Halloween time baby.

Knotts scary farm tonight.
If I can dig one out I’ll wear a banning shirt!

#3572 2 years ago

Retaking with a banningshirt.

0D02574F-1273-40C5-8EC2-471C9E0C1ABC (resized).jpeg0D02574F-1273-40C5-8EC2-471C9E0C1ABC (resized).jpeg
#3573 2 years ago

Good Luck to All the next 3 days!

Offering Transport Service to PAGG in Dixon Ca in 2 weeks. OCT 8-10. Topic Below. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-auction-winnings-to-pagg-or-cax-transport-service#post-6515951

#3574 2 years ago

Regarding this weekend's "auction":

LG8hcp (resized).jpgLG8hcp (resized).jpg
#3575 2 years ago

Cant wait to see what that GB LE with topper goes for. haha... hehe.

#3576 2 years ago

Starts in about 50 minutes. Good luck to anyone going after anything.

Disclaimer : Still time to send me $50K so I can bid on PTC !

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Starts in about 50 minutes. Good luck to anyone going after anything.
Disclaimer : Still time to send me $50K so I can bid on PTC !

You can kind of see it here Llyod.

20210920_143056 (resized).jpg20210920_143056 (resized).jpg
#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Retaking with a banningshirt.
[quoted image]

The Knotts Berry Farm hookers. Great childhood memories!

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You can kind of see it here Llyod.
[quoted image]

Good luck! if you don’t win i will sell you my nicer one for 8k haha

#3580 2 years ago

Mystic is on the list for today. Anyone know its condition?

#3581 2 years ago

They are just hanging out. These girls are special. Although you know their personalities are a bit wooden.
Had to make sure.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/wooden

#3582 2 years ago

I haven’t checked the schedule yet are they starting off with some vids? Haven’t been able to tune in yet

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I haven’t checked the schedule yet are they starting off with some vids?

Yes. Starting with vids. Things don't seem as crazy.

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Good luck! if you don’t win i will sell you my nicer one for 8k

Excellent. If someone sends me that money order for $50K, I'll give it to you and you can give me your nicer PTC and $42,000.00 in cash.

#3585 2 years ago

So far it's way less crazy than 2 weeks ago, almost reasonable actually. I have hopes for the candy cabs !

#3586 2 years ago

Where is this streaming? I want to throw it up on my tv and drive the household nuts…

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Where is this streaming? I want to throw it up on my tv and drive the household nuts…

https://www.twitch.tv/captainsauction

#3588 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So far it's way less crazy than 2 weeks ago, almost reasonable actually. I have hopes for the candy cabs !

It's not crazy yet because they haven't gotten to the pinball machines.

#3589 2 years ago

damn, I missed the only arcade cab I wanted! and it went within my price range!!! GRRRRRR

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

damn, I missed the only arcade cab I wanted! and it went within my price range!!! GRRRRRR

Race Drivin'? Looked nice and shocked at only $600! Might have caught some folks off guard before they logged in.

Quoted from vicjw66:

There is only one pin I was considering bidding on in this auction and it’s coming up this weekend. But I’m guessing it’s going to be out of my price range. I have played it several times at the museum and it is rare, unique, and fun. Nico Volta probably will outbid me. Pop pop pop.

No worries. I have one. The museum will soon have one too. Do I need a third? Well... who says this hobby was ever about needs anyway?

I'll probably sit this one out. Very very probably. Almost certainly. Just about guaranteed. Yep. That's most likely what I'll probably just about do.

#3591 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Race Drivin'? Looked nice and shocked at only $600! Might have caught some folks off guard before they logged in.

no, Primal Rage actually lol. I have very fond memories of that game, and its quite hard to find. was willing to go up to 3k

#3592 2 years ago

Once they get to the pins this round, I'd really like to see your ballpark estimate of how many lots they are processing per hour. Have any tech glitches recurred, or are they past that ? Is Dave M. still providing that background commentary ? I don't plan on tuning in until tomorrow's session, so I won't have any handle on that before then.

#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The Knotts Berry Farm hookers. Great childhood memories!

I was there last week, there's a hooker for everyone's taste...

Resized_20210901_173038(2)(1) (resized).jpegResized_20210901_173038(2)(1) (resized).jpeg
#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

no, Primal Rage actually lol. I have very fond memories of that game, and its quite hard to find. was willing to go up to 3k

It's not hard to find at all and that one was missing the side art and had a 19" monitor swapped in for some ungodly reason. You can find them pretty much at every Captain's Auction for $500-ish.

#3595 2 years ago

no monitor boards......1200? stupid sale prices seem to continue

#3596 2 years ago

to see the "closed" lots go to Advanced Search

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Starting with vids. Things don't seem as crazy.

Seems better but that punk shot for 5K seems odd or is it rare?

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

It's not hard to find at all and that one was missing the side art and had a 19" monitor swapped in for some ungodly reason. You can find them pretty much at every Captain's Auction for $500-ish.

really? Guess I need to peruse captains auctions more often! I know that one wasnt a great example but I have the decals already for the cabinet, just been looking for one for nearly 4 years

#3599 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

no monitor boards......1200? stupid sale prices seem to continue

I told CC about this being a parts unit. I am unsure if it even has the game PCBs in it.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

That's funny, all I though of about Primal Rage was how it was the worst Vs. Fighting in history.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.