20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 97.
#3101 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Also, am I really going to stay up to 761 just to see the Top Skater price bidding war go well beyond what I would pay for it? High School me would be upset that I didn't buy this for myself in the future

Not sure how old you are, but we played this shit outta this at Pinball Pete's Ann Arbor in 1998.

#3102 2 years ago

Turbo out run 4 years ago....

Screenshot_20210912-215330 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210912-215330 (resized).png
#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder if Tim Arnold is going “hmmmmmm…” right now.

If an auction could be held and marketed properly; He could make bank by just selling the 40% of pins that have been out of order since the new place opened in April. Only aboot 30% of the videos and arcade games are down so maybe sell those too. All museum quality too.

Not sure if this coin pusher can be auctioned....

20210726_145352 (resized).jpg20210726_145352 (resized).jpg20210726_145401 (resized).jpg20210726_145401 (resized).jpg

#3104 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Yeah, I really like it. The Dariusburst game can do 2x 16:9 wide screen monitors, so 32:9 which is goes to 10.6:3 so almost like a triple 4:3 monitor setup and 4 players.

I remember them being so expensive to play in the arcade. They looked cool, but were just meh. I figure I might have a better appreciation as an older adult for how cool it actually was.
Also, am I really going to stay up to 761 just to see the Top Skater price bidding war go well beyond what I would pay for it? High School me would be upset that I didn't buy this for myself in the future

Holosseum gave me flash back of Dragons Lair, it looked so amazing until you put your quarters in and played it.

#3105 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If an auction could be held and marketed properly; He could make bank by just selling the 40% of pins that have been out of order since the new place opened in April. Only aboot 30% of the videos and arcade games are down so maybe sell those too. All museum quality too.
Not sure if this coin pusher can be auctioned....
[quoted image][quoted image]

Never mind, looks like the coin pusher isn't Customer Property after-all. And it's not gonna be auctioned either.....

20210820_192707 (resized).jpg20210820_192707 (resized).jpg

#3106 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Not sure how old you are, but we played this shit outta this at Pinball Pete's Ann Arbor in 1998.

Probably the same age based on when the game was out and being teenagers. I was playing it in Warren at this indoor golf dome/bowling alley. Maybe the times I went weren't prime time but it was pretty dead there most of the time. They ended up tearing the place down and putting a Menards there. 2021 me wishes I just went in with some cash to buy games vs toying with my race cars at that time. Granted, I had absolutely zero space at that time living in a 700 sqft house at that time post college.

#3107 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Probably the same age based on when the game was out and being teenagers. I was playing it in Warren at this indoor golf dome/bowling alley. Maybe the times I went weren't prime time but it was pretty dead there most of the time. They ended up tearing the place down and putting a Menards there. 2021 me wishes I just went in with some cash to buy games vs toying with my race cars at that time. Granted, I had absolutely zero space at that time living in a 700 sqft house at that time post college.

Ahhhh, Van Dyke Sport Center. What memories a lot of us have of that place....

#3108 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Ahhhh, Van Dyke Sport Center. What memories a lot of us have of that place....

Bingo, same place. Yeah it was awesome going there and picking up a dozen Krispy Kreme when the hot light was on. Gave me a pint of milk and that dozen would get slammed so quick. Now I'm basically going to Marvin's and Free Play. I need to hit up that place in Chesterfield for their pins and then there's a couple places in Lansing we need to hit up as well.

#3109 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Bingo, same place. Yeah it was awesome going there and picking up a dozen Krispy Kreme when the hot light was on. Gave me a pint of milk and that dozen would get slammed so quick. Now I'm basically going to Marvin's and Free Play. I need to hit up that place in Chesterfield for their pins and then there's a couple places in Lansing we need to hit up as well.

As a teen I played at The Detroiter truck stop off of 75 in Woodhaven. I'm Downriver

#3110 2 years ago

Of all the games they have too, I'm surprised they didn't have an F355 Challenge in the big ass triple screen or even the single screen weaksauce one. They do have a Race Drivin' but it's a stand up and not the sit down cab. I just thought about it too, and they don't have a Final Fight either but they have a Punisher?

#3111 2 years ago

900 for a Karate champ, not a bad deal at all, it's a super fun game

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Of all the games they have too, I'm surprised they didn't have an F355 Challenge in the big ass triple screen or even the single screen weaksauce one. They do have a Race Drivin' but it's a stand up and not the sit down cab. I just thought about it too, and they don't have a Final Fight either but they have a Punisher?

Don't have that, but had an 8-player Derby Club in a pile

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Don't have that, but had an 8-player Derby Club in a pile

Wish we had room to set that up. If PalmSprings worked out, that would have been killer.

#3114 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Wish we had room to set that up. If PalmSprings worked out, that would have been killer.

I was watching that in disbelief but it is what it is (the biggest game)

#3115 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I was so close to bidding on this but realized I just love the game play and don't need some thrashed version of the game. Good deal compared to other things though.

#3116 2 years ago

Well shoot, had the laptop going and playing TMTN and was getting an AMAZING game got a new personal best of 38.9M. I thought I was going to miss the Top Skater auction. Got finished just in time.

#3117 2 years ago

One day I'll see what it's like to watch drunk ppl play Para Para

#3118 2 years ago

This boxing game sucks but Konami also made a virtua cop kind of game with that cab that was really cool

#3119 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:This boxing get sucks but Konami also made a virtual cop kind of game with that cab that was really cool

That game is beat up, but fully works. I rebuilt the gloves last year.

There is the cop version in storage.

#3120 2 years ago

Here I thought alpine racer would be at $500 and wouldn't take an immediate $1000 bid and once it got $100 bids it just went nuts up to $2100. I was having high hopes for Top Skater and now there's no way TS goes less than Alpine Racer.

#3121 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That game is beat up, but fully works. I rebuilt the gloves last year.
There is the cop version in storage.

Is the cop one coming up in the auction ?

#3122 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Here I thought alpine racer would be at $500 and wouldn't take an immediate $1000 bid and once it got $100 bids it just went nuts up to $2100. I was having high hopes for Top Skater and now there's no way TS goes less than Alpine Racer.

Did you get it ?

#3123 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Well shoot, had the laptop going and playing TMTN and was getting an AMAZING game got a new personal best of 38.9M. I thought I was going to miss the Top Skater auction. Got finished just in time.

I was about to fight you on that, but I relented. Hope that was you.
Regretting it. I shoulda kept fighting for it... TS is siiiick!

#3124 2 years ago

Damn, I was really tempted to hit a bid for $1600 on that Top Skater. But that basically takes up the room of 2 pins. Maybe it's the skater kid in me, but that seems like a decent deal? $1500 sale, $1890 out the door? Or was that thing beat to shit? Because I remember if the deck was trash it's basically worthless. I put in for it when it was $1000.

#3125 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Damn, I was really tempted to hit a bid for $1600 on that Top Skater. But that basically takes up the room of 2 pins. Maybe it's the skater kid in me, but that seems like a decent deal? $1500 sale, $1890 out the door? Or was that thing beat to shit? Because I remember if the deck was trash it's basically worthless.

NOOOO! I shoulda bought it
Probably on its way to Dubai right after the stream ends.

#3126 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Damn, I was really tempted to hit a bid for $1600 on that Top Skater. But that basically takes up the room of 2 pins. Maybe it's the skater kid in me, but that seems like a decent deal? $1500 sale, $1890 out the door? Or was that thing beat to shit? Because I remember if the deck was trash it's basically worthless.

The tubes looked badly burnt and the convergence was off.

#3127 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

$1100 for a karate champ is indeed a bad deal.

#3128 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That Top Skater TV was at the end of it's life. I rejuvenated the projector tubes, and that is the best I could get it. Far better then it was tho.

#3129 2 years ago

Top Skaters would go for $100 - $150 at auction - absolutely no one wants those projection screen games.

#3130 2 years ago

Air Combat has a really nice screen, but I had to tell Chris how to turn it on. Good thing he watches the chat.

#3131 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That Top Skater TV was at the end of it's life. I rejuvenated the projector tubes, and that is the best I could get it. Far better then it was tho.

Wow, how do you do that? I know zero about them.

Quoted from Code_Blue:

Top Skaters would go for $100 - $150 at auction - absolutely no one wants those projection screen games.

Hook me up? We run a skate camp up here for kids. It woulda been so sick to have a skater arcade game. They love playing pinball!

#3132 2 years ago

Wow, how do you do that? I know zero about them.

It's CRT tube projector. Just like rejuvenating an arcade CRT. Just 3 of them.

#3133 2 years ago

I should have said how much I was willing to bid on it, I really wouldn't have minded if someone wanted to pay more money than me. It's more just super teenage nostalgia and blasting Pennywise. I feel you would need to get that Crazy Taxi stand up to go with it and blast the Pennywise/Offspring.

Quoted from adol75:

The tubes looked badly burnt and the convergence was off.

How big is that monitor too? Seems big as hell and way beyond those 27/29" anyway. Granted, I did RGB mod my 32" Trinitron in my basement, so I could have just ghetto rigged something for it likely. But a 50" tube is huge. You'd likely just need to find some random rear projection and place it in front of the cab or convert it to a flat screen LCD.

Oh well.

Quoted from Karnov:

What was the tube in that? Rear project or was it a honkin' CRT? I'd just assume finding a replacement monitor for that is next to impossible or pricy itself?

#3134 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

I should have said how much I was willing to bid on it, I really wouldn't have minded if someone wanted to pay more money than me. It's more just super teenage nostalgia and blasting Pennywise. I feel you would need to get that Crazy Taxi stand up to go with it and blast the Pennywise/Offspring.

How big is that monitor too? Seems big as hell and way beyond those 27/29" anyway. Granted, I did RGB mod my 32" Trinitron in my basement, so I could have just ghetto rigged something for it likely.
Oh well.

What was the tube in that? Rear project or was it a honkin' CRT? I'd just assume finding a replacement monitor for that is next to impossible or pricy itself?

Rear projection with CRT tubes. The tech is before DLP. Replacement don't exist at all.

#3135 2 years ago

Monitor is 50'', and no there's no way to find crt tubes, the ones still working got LCD screens fitted.

#3136 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Crazy nostalgia. My buddy played this back in the arcades. I didn’t, but paired with my pins and his skate camp, it woulda been pretty cool. He just won a skate competition last week. Dude tore it right up!

#3137 2 years ago

I have a Top Skater in the garage and I just cleared some space to set it up. I will be posting it for sale once I get my use out of it. (Takes up wayyy too much room)

#3138 2 years ago

I thought turbo out run was a white cabinet. Is this one an outrun upgraded to a turbo ?

#3139 2 years ago

Someone got a deal on that G-Loc. It was fully restored and repainted. I recapped the monitor and rebuilt the motor controllers.

#3140 2 years ago

Oh wait is that an actual turbo out run ? The car looks like a Testarossa not an F40

#3141 2 years ago

The Turbo Outrun is just outrun in the motion cab? Had a motion cab at the Little Caesars Family Fun Pizzeria as a kid. I basically lived off Simpsons 4 player, Final Fight, Rampage and Outrun while I was there.

Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

I have a Top Skater in the garage and I just cleared some space to set it up. I will be posting it for sale once I get my use out of it

Well, shit. That's better than overpaying at an auction for a near death tube and having to ship it across the counter after fees/taxes. Where would you post it if you do? But send me a message, I'll see how my pins/space is going at the time since I'm planning at least 3 more pins for the time being.

#3142 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

Someone got a deal on that G-Loc. It was fully restored and repainted. I recapped the monitor and rebuilt the motor controllers.

That's exactly what I was thinking I was impressed at how fast and smooth it was moving

#3143 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

That really did look super clean and running well. Was this info something that was easily known? Because stuff like that would be amazing in the descriptions to know. No that I'd buy a G-loc, but seems someone knowing it's basically as fresh as you can get.

#3144 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

That really did look super clean and running well. Was this info something that was easily known? Because stuff like that would be amazing in the descriptions to know. No that I'd buy a G-loc, but seems someone knowing it's basically as fresh as you can get.

No. They don't list any details like that. Nobody asked and they didn't seem to read the "work order" attached to the games listing what work was done and what still needed to be done.

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Didn't they also operate a few restaurants with arcades in them near Chicago in the 80's?

Yes, they Bought the Barnaby's Family Inn chain and put video games and pins in each one. They renamed several as Bally's Tom Foolery restaurants and also built a couple new one with a modern look using fast-track construction. As the coin-op amusement business crashed, they were just another restaurant chain in the Chicago and Southern Wisconsin area.

Bally sold all of the original Barnaby's back to the original owners at a nice loss. The ground-up new restaurants remained and were re-themed as "Cafe 22: California Style" restaurants. No arcades, just a lot of pastel colors like Southern California restaurants and Hotels of that era. The failed experiment didn't last two years.....

#3146 2 years ago

Watched all 12 hours of this today ... will miss you all! See you in two weeks.

#3147 2 years ago

Been fun, pretty much spent my whole weekend watching this. Was interesting to see the insanity, hopefully there's some deals in 2 weeks? See you all then!

Quoted from Karnov:

No. They don't list any details like that. Nobody asked and they didn't seem to read the "work order" attached to the games listing what work was done and what still needed to be done.

Yeah having something like that or even a photo (that you can read) would have been amazing. Were you working on just arcade/pins or were you doing basically everything including stuff like jukeboxes too?

#3148 2 years ago

Looking forward to the misfits lot in 2 weeks. Lots of the strange and “unknown” for sale in that one.

#3149 2 years ago

I was looking at G-Loc and thinking that it would be in under 5 hours that someone put a drink on it at an arcade bar

#3150 2 years ago

Okay Im back from being ejected right as the vids started lol. Couple things I noticed.
-First game at $500 or below was a Moon Fighter that played blind.
-Holy shit $4000 for Pong Doubles
-Buyer 1660 is an absolute whale
-Crazy Climber for $6500
-Darius 3 monitor cab for $7600 to buyer 1660
-Normally you cant give away those big-ass projection monitor and/or sitdown games... wtf????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.