20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 97.
#2901 2 years ago

Iron Maiden (not the band) up to $8,000 and then they tell them it won't boot up. And then someone actually bid it up to $8500 after that?

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Iron Maiden (not the band) up to $8,000 and then they tell them it won't boot up. And then someone actually bid it up to $8500 after that?

Capt is a pro

#2903 2 years ago

It has had issues with the outhole switch before.

#2904 2 years ago

I was about to say 2500$ for a Mata Hari is not too bad then the price doubled

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Well, there we go. The doctor who went for $8000. Far far above my max.....sigh

I’ll sell you mine for $7999, no fees/tax!

#2906 2 years ago

Aarons Animal.GIFAarons Animal.GIF

#2907 2 years ago

Kinda hard to put a price on the Mata Hari EM version, I think it’s pretty rare. Someone knew what they were going for on that one I think, $7000 hammer.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

5700 out the door for D&D with no topper. Come on man.

As far as I remember the D&D pin has never been working as long as I’ve been a tech there. Also the side plastic graphics were peeling off badly. Good luck with that one.

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Viking at $4000 doesn't seem THAT unreasonable, but I don't remember the condition

That's what they go for, assuming they are working.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I have the best of both worlds. Playing and watching the auction.[quoted image]

Don't hit the TV with a dart out of frustration!

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Run to the hills

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Run to the hills

Run for you life

#2913 2 years ago

Trying to bump up BMX. "It looks like E.T. because they're riding BMX bikes" I would agree if one of those guys had an alien in a milk crate attached to his handle bars.

#2914 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Trying to bump up BMX. "It looks like E.T. because they're riding BMX bikes" I would agree if one of those guys had an alien in a milk crate attached to his handle bars.

That was probably the dumbest shit I've heard him say yet

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Greg Freres the artist confirmed BMX was originally ET but they couldn’t snag the license lol.

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Full disclosure, I bid 4200 on the catacomb. And almost hit bid at 5k.
Why am I having Bidders remorse?

I bid $3000 on Rock Encore, wanted it because it's so 80s cheesy and I've never seen one for sale. Also wondering if I should have made one more bid...

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I bid $3000 on Rock Encore, wanted it because it's so 80s cheesy and I've never seen one for sale. Also wondering if I should have made one more bid...

That game is trash. Worst Gottlieb ever made. I can hook you up with like 12 of them. Total garbage. It’s a $500 game all day long

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That game is trash. Worst Gottlieb ever made. I can hook you up with like 12 of them. Total garbage. It’s a $500 game all day long

Send one my way, I like cheese.

#2919 2 years ago

PM me

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Send one my way, I like cheese.

4 have been for sale near me this year, all for under $600. I will gladly snag the next one so I can send it to the opposite side of the country

#2921 2 years ago

Voltan seemed good price for rarity

#2922 2 years ago

Guys I’ll sell you [whatever game just sold for a crazy price at banning auction] for the low price of [ten percent less than crazy auction price]!

Any takers?!?!?

#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

That was probably the dumbest shit I've heard him say yet

Greg Freres the artist confirmed BMX was originally ET but they couldn’t snag the license lol.

Indeed BMX was supposed to be ET.
I had one for 4 years and did a bunch of research on it. Best outlines ever with flipper button saves. Miss it.

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys I’ll sell you [whatever game just sold for a crazy price at banning auction] for the low price of [ten percent less than crazy auction price]!
Any takers?!?!?

Hammer? Or all in?

#2925 2 years ago

What can I say, I'm a sucker for theme and art package, I even derive enjoyment from Asteroid Annie. Anyways I quickly realized everything was going to be out of my price range but it was still great to visit the museum one last time to say goodbye.

#2926 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Any takers?!?!?

41CD576C-BCA0-4954-9E9C-C44530A7C499.gif41CD576C-BCA0-4954-9E9C-C44530A7C499.gif
#2927 2 years ago

Just got back from my pretend auction !

20210912_191727 (resized).jpg20210912_191727 (resized).jpg20210912_191756 (resized).jpg20210912_191756 (resized).jpg
#2928 2 years ago

Indeed BMX was supposed to be ET.
I had one for 4 years and did a bunch of research on it. Best outlines ever with flipper button saves. Miss it.

I liked BMX just for the aesthetic and layout looks nice. I was kind of half paying attention, but did they mention that and that's what the discussion came about where it looks like E.T.? I still wouldn't think "hey that looks like E.T. unless someone told me it was planned as E.T." Were there any other E.T. remnants in design or just the back glass?

But I'm just a sucker for BMX and Skateboard stuff. You've basically got RAD and Gleaming the Cube for BMX/Skate movies. Pins not as much (although they said the one skate game was the only in existence when there's another) out there.

#2929 2 years ago

Rock Encore is hands down the worst pin I've ever played. I like basic games and cheesy themes (I own a Spring Break and love Hardbody ), but I walked away from it after just 2 balls. It's just plain bad.

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just got back from my pretend auction ![quoted image][quoted image]

Tell Us. How Much?

#2931 2 years ago

Prices still high but not insane, are they running out of steam a bit? Surfer is the next EM coming up that is pretty desirable.

#2932 2 years ago

only 200 more lots today.

#2933 2 years ago

So many pricing anomalies. Just to cherry pick a couple:

490 The Shadow Pinball Machine Midway SS $6,200
Vs
493 Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Midway SS $9,500

537 Rolling Stones Pinball Machine Bally SS $7,500
Vs
546 Paragon Pinball Machine Bally Widebody SS $4,200

498 NBA Fastbreak Pinball Machine Midway SS $8,000
Vs
501 Scared Stiff Pinball Machine Bally Midway SS $8,500

491 Creature from the Black Lagoon Pinball Machine Bally Midway SS $11,000
Vs
505 Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Midway SS $12,000

#2934 2 years ago

stupid prices. Someone told me big game went for over $4k before fees.

#2935 2 years ago

I wonder if Tim Arnold is going “hmmmmmm…” right now.

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from Nintendosteve:

As far as I remember the D&D pin has never been working as long as I’ve been a tech there. Also the side plastic graphics were peeling off badly. Good luck with that one.

It’s the favorite one in my lineup, but I find it painful to keep working. I really have no idea how the shooter is supposed to get the ball up the left gate ramp.

#2937 2 years ago

Surfer not totally unreasonable at $3200 hammer.

#2938 2 years ago

Skyrocket at $2600 and Strange World at $2900... not scary-horrible like the others, but still haven't seen one single EM near sanity.

#2939 2 years ago

Tell Us. How Much?

hammer price - 1100 cdn funds ..No fees, just 3 hrs and gas. ...And a bottle of pirate whisky was added to the deal.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tim would probably say “those damn kids only go to their fancy electronic auctions anymore! Nobody goes in person and bids like they used too... *grumble grumble* I’m the only one who cares about keeping real pinball alive!”

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

“sh*t, and I just poured millions into this building”

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He won’t care he is into pinball for the love of pinball and not the money. That’s why I don’t care about prices at all. Also his charitable cause. He won’t liquidate to put anything in his pocket.

#2943 2 years ago

Did audio on the stream go out?

#2944 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

hammer price - 1100 cdn funds ..No fees, just 3 hrs and gas. ...And a bottle of pirate whisky was added to the deal.
[quoted image]

900 usd, Nice. And the whisky, score!

#2945 2 years ago

Baywatch for $8000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2946 2 years ago

And what’s odd is the new Stern LE’s didn’t go for super ridiculous prices. Yeah they were high but not like AF high. And CC didn’t fetch what I thought it would. AF, Joust, and Hercules were absolutely ridiculous. Hercules is cool but it’s a novelty at best…it’s the size of a pool table and not all that fun.

So to sum it up if you want to use this auction as your justification most of our collections went up by 50% LOL! I don’t think that’s the case as I think most one off sales will be closer to actual market.

Enjoy the show!

#2947 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"what have i done. i just spent 10 million dollars on a building to warehouse a collection of broken down games that i could be selling as museum quality for multiple times what they are worth."

#2948 2 years ago

Thx Eric ...already in the whisky!

#2949 2 years ago

Not many seemed partial to Blue Note, but I was. However at 7.5K, I don't think so. Rarity notwithstanding.

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Thx Eric ...already in the whisky!

Thats a great Game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.