20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 97.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I sell all my shit also
$500,000 as is /where is
Combo deal - “ right here “

Good deal here, I've seen your collection. Totally worth it. But. You have to throw in the car in bay 3.

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:Don't hate me. I see my collection today and would love some of this action.
Combo deal. Back to future, Totan, Black rose,...
25k, today only.
Pm me.
And my Totan and Black Rose have colordmd.

I’d put up my HEP EATPM & cash!

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Good deal here, I've seen your collection. Totally worth it. But. You have to throw in the car in bay 3.

I’ll throw in the car in Bay 2

#2804 2 years ago

I like how people are just absolutely defeated and have stopped posting the sold prices here. Day 1 actually gave me a migraine, Day 3 is better than any TV show or movie out right now

#2805 2 years ago

Well, I actually put a bid on Jurassic Park LE. But that got blown way past it.

Quoted from Knxwledge:

I like how people are just absolutely defeated and have stopped posting the sold prices here. Day 1 actually gave me a migraine, Day 3 is better than any TV show or movie out right now

You can dig at the list at the bottom. But my more depressing thing is seeing the same people bidding on a lot of games. So it's not like one person is over paying, it's someone just carpet bombing the bids to buy up a ton of games.

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

It IS entertaining!

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It IS entertaining!

Watching the hobby I love get absolutely demolished in front of my eyes is entertaining in the kind of sadistic, snuff film type of way

#2808 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I have already abandoned all hope

#2809 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Watching the hobby I love get absolutely demolished in front of my eyes is entertaining in the kind of sadistic, snuff film type of way

What???

People are buying games. They're overpaying, and don't care.

Doesn't affect anyone, or the hobby.

#2811 2 years ago

Full disclosure, I bid 4200 on the catacomb. And almost hit bid at 5k.
Why am I having Bidders remorse?

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

What???

I hope you're right

#2813 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

What???

I agree. Does anyone really think this one auction will have any meaningful and long lasting effect on pinball prices? I don't see how it will.

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I hope you're right

It's been going on for as long as I can remember.

#2815 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

It's been going on for as long as I can remember.

What is your definition of destroyed? If Hooks start going for $6k on the reg I would consider that destroyed

#2816 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree. Does anyone really think this one auction will have any meaningful and long lasting effect on pinball prices? I don't see how it will.

Weren't collectors fearing Gene Cunningham's estate sale crashing the hobby?

#2817 2 years ago

Any of the techs know the scoop on Viking's condition?

#2818 2 years ago

Find my post on Embryon earlier ( yesterday)
Excellent condition with led & new mpu board

This lot 525 has lots of playfield wear
And starts at $5k ( incl fees)

Sold $6125 .

Craigslist $3500

#2819 2 years ago

The Embryon has wear by the upper flipper and the techs were always working on it, that's why they did not use it in tournaments.

#2820 2 years ago

I like to think thus auction is like the Macon car auctions they run on TV, a lot of these machines are in super good shape and have signitures and special stuff attached to them, but that doesn't effect the overall pinball market. Let's be real if someone put a BTTF for 14,000 on pinside or a south park for $7500 would anyone actually buy it?? I know me and a lot of other people wouldn't we would ridicule and make fun of their price and they either lower it or keep it. This is the biggest pinball auction in 15-30 years and has been covered by every major news outlet. A lot of these people are not in our hobby and when stuff starts to break they will sell them because they don't want something that is constantly breaking
I know from a few of my Aussie friends that a lot are going overseas. We are lucky in America that prices are so good and I don't see this effecting things too much, if prices get too high there will be another crash because people won't be buying machines anymore

#2821 2 years ago

Was Embryon really based on the movie Embryo? With the license and everything? I find that kind of hard to believe.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Likely not. The bigger things recently with the $1M+ value sealed video games shit is all with the graded/mint/sealed games. Going to some flea market you won't see loose games going for thousands now. Sealed boxes are definitely not going for bargain prices like they used to, since everyone now sees the sealed games they couldn't give away years ago are selling for tens of thousands of dollars even for mediocre graded values.

The bigger is that you're on an assumption of mint/restored condition. But sounds like a lot of these games aren't in mint/restored condition, so people are just buying into the hype of owning a "museum piece".

#2823 2 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I like to think thus auction is like the Macon car auctions they run on TV, a lot of these machines are in super good shape and have signitures and special stuff attached to them, but that doesn't effect the overall pinball market. Let's be real if someone put a BTTF for 14,000 on pinside or a south park for $7500 would anyone actually buy it?? I know me and a lot of other people wouldn't we would ridicule and make fun of their price and they either lower it or keep it. This is the biggest pinball auction in 15-30 years and has been covered by every major news outlet. A lot of these people are not in our hobby and when stuff starts to break they will sell them because they don't want something that is constantly breaking
I know from a few of my Aussie friends that a lot are going overseas. We are lucky in America that prices are so good and I don't see this effecting things too much, if prices get too high there will be another crash because people won't be buying machines anymore

There is a BTTF on pinside right now for 17,5k

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The moving topper is something you should research. It was not the same as a common Dr. Who.

Cool, but the kits exactly like the prototype is 400$, and about an hour to install. I have a DW with it, and it’s cool but not double market cool.

#2825 2 years ago

Future Spa had a broken drop target IIRC

#2826 2 years ago

Seems like the commentator, along w/the auctioneer know something about pins. I guess they could be reading off cards.

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

There is a BTTF on pinside right now for 17,5k

And it will stay there, if you look at the seller's history he has never sold anything before, I am 99% sure he is being funny

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

What is your definition of destroyed? If Hooks start going for $6k on the reg I would consider that destroyed

I never said anything was getting destroyed. You did.

Prices go up and down. People with money buy stuff, and are not concerned with getting bargains.

People used to bitch about paying $2500 for an Addams Family. If IJ didn't sell at auction for $1200 they were thrown out.

This is simply a snapshot into the way wealthy people buy the stuff they want.

If you were the seller in this auction would you feel the same pearl clutching "destroying my hobby!!" way?

#2829 2 years ago

Space Invaders hammer $7,000

$8750 with fees.

I’m done here.

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

5700 out the door for D&D with no topper. Come on man.

At this auction I actually expected it to go higher. If this is rich dude nostalgia buying, there’s a fairly high demographic overlap there. Also, D&D stuff is too the moon right now price wise (And annoys me the same way…)

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

If you were the seller in this auction would you feel the same pearl clutching "destroying my hobby!!" way?

I couldn't sleep at night if I were involved in selling in any way, shape or form

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Try buying a project game in the next year. Bring your 401k.

My termite ridden playboy project I picked up over a year ago is 2500 in this world.

#2833 2 years ago

I just sold a Catacomb for 2k. No regrets.

#2834 2 years ago

I would sell my whole collection at the prices I am seeing….and all my games are in better shape.

Shit…. Thunderbirds went for $4500 plus fees that game doesn’t get $2500 on Pinside.

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ouch. Your bread is awesome.

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Space Invaders hammer $7,000
$8750 with fees.
I’m done here.

This was my first pinball back in '02. $75 at the thrift store (needed work)

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think it's a big mistake to think that prices like these can easily be replicated. Or that your insurance company will accept these valuations as some new benchmark.

#2838 2 years ago

The auctioneer is smart. A lot of titles hell say I own that one its fun. This way a 2nd place bidder can contact him personally to sell if desired I would imagine. The guy has a printing press for money. Fun but depressing to see at the same time.

#2839 2 years ago

Viking at $4000 doesn't seem THAT unreasonable, but I don't remember the condition

#2840 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

And to think that I was sitting on machine for years without letting anyone else know about it... Oh well, live for the present, admire the past.

#2841 2 years ago

Been off doing other things and just caught up. The madness continues, maybe it’s even getting worse.

Scared Stiff is the bargain of the auction so far at 8500. Relatively speaking of course. 8200 for EATPM in comparison makes no sense. Then again, nothing much is making sense.

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

I would sell my whole collection at the prices I am seeing….and all my games are in better shape.
Shit…. Thunderbirds went for $4500 plus fees that game doesn’t get $2500 on Pinside.

You can list games for as much as you like, doesn't mean people will buy them, my favorite phrase since I resale so much antiques and such, "something is only worth what someone will give you for it"

Look at Barbies, an original sold for $10,000 on ebay, I don't see an original go for more than $500 anymore and that's in perfect shape

#2843 2 years ago

someone in the room just asked "What does solid state mean"?????

#2844 2 years ago

If it’s anything like the Australian auctions, a large % of these games won’t be paid. There’s no deposit on hammer and no obligation to pay.

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I think it's a big mistake to think that prices like these can easily be replicated. Or that your insurance company will accept these valuations as some new benchmark.

I agree, These prices will be very hard to replicate, I honestly feel like people are freaking out over nothing, or we are heading for another market crash (pinball or stock market, what were prices like in 2008??)) Either way I hope I am there ready to buy my first machine

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:Watching the hobby I love get absolutely demolished in front of my eyes is entertaining in the kind of sadistic, snuff film type of way

It’s not the demolition of a hobby, this hobby is thriving. IMO.

#2847 2 years ago

Lol they sure wrapped that Fireball 2 auction up quick when the ball got stuck…

#2848 2 years ago

They tried to demolish the hobby in the early 1900s. Truly.
https://www.history.com/news/that-time-america-outlawed-pinball

#2849 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Lol they sure wrapped that Fireball 2 auction up quick when the ball got stuck…

Kinda weird, all seem to be hitting 3000 or close to it for every one now.

#2850 2 years ago

Wait…. 4200.00 for an EM??? Did i miss something

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/57?hl=trolldownstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.