20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 97.
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have my eyes on the Gauntlet cab, the 3 candy cabs and going back and forth on the afterburner DX, this game is the epitome of arcades

You would be insane to buy such easily-available, well-known games like those at this auction. The only vids you should be going for here are rarer stuff that are not household names.

#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I've decided I can't start drinking today yet.
I might accidentally bid on something.

4dSv0jH (resized).png4dSv0jH (resized).png
#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

You would be insane to buy such easily-available, well-known games like those at this auction. The only vids you should be going for here are rarer stuff that are not household names.

That's more what I get from this. Even let's say these are "pristine" and mint condition, you can typically find a beat up game and do a full restoration for less.

But I would say, I was looking at the Konami 4 player cabinets they put up yesterday since I have a TMNT HUO in my basement. The prices for GI-Joe and Simpsons were what I would say reasonable for a good condition (and assuming all original hardware) cabinet.

But the added price people are paying is someone who just bought their new $2.5M mansion and need to fill up their arcade room with decent condition machines without having to buy from multiple people across the country.

#2654 2 years ago

"It's got AC power"

#2655 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I've decided I can't start drinking today yet.
I might accidentally bid on something.

Sage words Dude, sage words...

#2656 2 years ago

ahh into the Euro games now ... be interesting how these go. Spent MANY hours doing tech work on these when we could get over to the US for a show

#2657 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

That's more what I get from this. Even let's say these are "pristine" and mint condition, you can typically find a beat up game and do a full restoration for less.
But I would say, I was looking at the Konami 4 player cabinets they put up yesterday since I have a TMNT HUO in my basement. The prices for GI-Joe and Simpsons were what I would say reasonable for a good condition (and assuming all original hardware) cabinet.

Over $4k for a janky Simpsons is definitely not reasonable. $4500 for GI Joe isn't terrible in comparison due to the rarity, although the cpo was repro and badly installed, and the game itself kinda sucks.

#2658 2 years ago

Hammer w/18% Retail +tax
$1,705,200 $2,012,136 $2,144,289

Auction House Buyer premium $306,936

Just in case anyone interested.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2659 2 years ago

Um I just bid 5700 on Jetsons
Is that good?

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is that good?

They normally sell in the $5000-$5500 range used, so not terrible.

#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Over $4k for a janky Simpsons is definitely not reasonable. $4500 for GI Joe isn't terrible in comparison due to the rarity, although the cpo was repro and badly installed, and the game itself kinda sucks.

Didn't know that for the cpo. I'm just going off pictures. For some reason I thought I remember the Simpsons going for 3k and it was the $4500 for GI-Joe. But yeah that was pretty high then. I wonder what a TMNT 4 player cab would have gone through since all these people would geek out over it.

I'm actually surprised they didn't have a F355 Challenge Cabinet. Seems the bigger driving cabs last night weren't going for insane prices. I think the Mario Kart ones were the only ones that went for a lot.

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

They normally sell in the $5000-$5500 range used, so not terrible.

Guess I was just bored. Clicked that button and farted at the same time.

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is that good?

The most sane deal of the day

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guess I was just bored. Clicked that button and farted at the same time.

I was in at $5000 if that tells you anything.
I'm only 3 pins away from putting together a complete set of Spookys.

#2665 2 years ago

The price is right for market price, but then put the 18% + 7.25% tax on top and it's high.

And how about that Rob Zombie?

#2666 2 years ago

OMG, Rob Zombie for 11K....

#2667 2 years ago

Suck it, Rob Zombie FUCKING ROCKS!!!!

#2668 2 years ago

Robbed Zombie or decent price??

#2669 2 years ago

Can't wait to see what Luci goes for. That will show the power of world-wide recognized theme vs non-so-well-known-themes.

#2670 2 years ago

He don't rock 13,750 hard... LOL

#2671 2 years ago

5900 AMH, Im out

#2672 2 years ago

just in case you thought there was at least some left for sanity in our world... you get events like this.

We're so f'd...

#2673 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I figured out how to download a listing of all the hammer prices so far.
As of last night's ending (lot 426):
sum of all hammer prices:
$1,480,400
Estimated take home price (hammer * 1.257)
$1,860,863

ya, you can copy and paste the list at the bottom of the auction page...

#2674 2 years ago

Bid 10 times on Annie Asteroid and the Aliens and gave up at 6800 before fees. Oh well.

#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Didn't know that for the cpo. I'm just going off pictures. For some reason I thought I remember the Simpsons going for 3k and it was the $4500 for GI-Joe. But yeah that was pretty high then. I wonder what a TMNT 4 player cab would have gone through since all these people would geek out over it.
I'm actually surprised they didn't have a F355 Challenge Cabinet. Seems the bigger driving cabs last night weren't going for insane prices. I think the Mario Kart ones were the only ones that went for a lot.

I'm surprised they didn't have a 6-player X-Men...that would've blown the roof off.

#2676 2 years ago

On the hunt for AMH but at ~$8k plus shipping on top... :/

#2677 2 years ago

1335 bought the GnR yesterday as well, so go figure they kept bidding on it. I didn't catch the winning bidder on Rob Zombie, was that the same? You see what themes there are biddings grabbing a lot.

#2678 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

On the hunt for AMH but at ~$8k plus shipping on top... :/

Me too man, me too

#2679 2 years ago

$10k hammer on GB Premium...

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:$10k hammer on GB Premium...

I honestly didnt think that was too bad, these things are really hard to find these days.

#2681 2 years ago

If anyone wants to gimme $13k for my Star Wars, just lemme know.

#2682 2 years ago

LOL SW Premium can literally be bought new in box from Stern right this moment for $4k less?

#2683 2 years ago

A NIB Star Wars is on eBay for $9k, but someone would rather pay over $13k all inclusive!

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

LOL SW Premium can literally be bought new in box from Stern right this moment for $4k less?

Yeah, I just checked my local distributor and they are still accepting orders for it NIB.

#2685 2 years ago

Aren't they supposed to do another run of Star Wars? 7,800 retail price?

#2686 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is that good?

So $7000 after fees?

No. Not good.

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

$10k hammer on GB Premium...

Insane! Almost at Pinside prices!

#2688 2 years ago

I think I recall seeing a Joust sell on eBay for around $450., but that was a few years back.

#2689 2 years ago

I can't believe this is on up and up anymore. Rich people aren't this stupid.

#2690 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So $7000 after fees?
No. Not good.

Well like I said I farted and my finger slipped at the same time.
Dont let it happen to you!

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I think I recall seeing a Joust sell on eBay for around $450., but that was a few years back.

Well that person just paid $21k out the door for theirs.

Also "thank you for what you did do!" from the chat... like, what does that even mean? Thanks for driving up the prices? This isn't for charity. They're thanking them for padding their pockets haha

#2692 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I can't believe this is on up and up anymore. Rich people aren't this stupid.

They just people like the rest of us. Stupid or smart, emotions drive us.

#2693 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well like I said I farted and my finger slipped at the same time.
Dont let it happen to you!

I was walking to get ice cream last night and pulled up the stream on my phone. I accidentally thumb clicked on some forgettable game, thank fully there was a bid war going on and I got outbid. I was going to be said if I had bid during the drawn out "one more time" bids and actually won it.

#2694 2 years ago

always wanted a challenger ... pity I'm in Australia

#2695 2 years ago
Quoted from srt-8:

always wanted a challenger ... pity I'm in Australia

Not feeling as bad now .... thought it was about to go for only 3.5k LOL

#2696 2 years ago

Is anyone there today? How is the atmosphere from the crowd?

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

They just people like the rest of us. Stupid or smart, emotions drive us.

Emotions might let you overspend on a rare game. Overspending by thousands on games still in production or recent production games with large production runs? That's stupidity.

#2698 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Is anyone there today? How is the atmosphere from the crowd?

A friend that's there said about 40 people are onsite. But he's blown away by the prices - pretty much seems to be the same with everyone.

#2699 2 years ago

I coulda driven an hour and a half to go to this thing but don't really have room for any more games in my crackerbox house unless I shoved em in the garage. Yeah I grew up paying 50 or 100 or 200 bucks for EMs in the 80s but a few of the early SS games like the Eight Ball Champ that went for 2800, I woulda paid that if it isn't beat up. Some of the winning bids seem to be a little less insane now. A little.

#2700 2 years ago

"Anything you love about your Black Belt?"
"Well, it plays, it's working, it's in nice shape, it's got updated displays"
LOL they can't seem to sell this one

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/54?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.