20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 97.
#2501 2 years ago

I got a bid in on Stargazer. Well under what it sold for, but I wanted to beat out the usual bidders with an early token bid.

#2502 2 years ago

Interesting

10AC465A-617B-4D41-A8D4-783DB01FF68C (resized).png10AC465A-617B-4D41-A8D4-783DB01FF68C (resized).pngF845C88B-9522-486C-BEA7-776FAF589DDA (resized).jpegF845C88B-9522-486C-BEA7-776FAF589DDA (resized).jpeg
#2504 2 years ago

so... same 2 people just bidding on all the good classic stern?

#2505 2 years ago

Fock - I really wanted Cosmic Princess. Nope!!

#2506 2 years ago

So Bidder 1863 final won a bid after bidding on 430 different lots

EDIT: I'll bet 10 bucks Stargazer "shows back up" next week.

#2507 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

here goes Star Gazer...

NO LET UP on the price lunacy !

#2508 2 years ago

Can't find a single archived ad on this cosmic princess

#2509 2 years ago

Wow they really REALLY tried to pull out ANYONE on cosmic Princess

#2510 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow they really REALLY tried to pull out ANYONE on cosmic Princess

now that is a true rare title in the US.

#2511 2 years ago

QS went cheap. Thought it would get to 10k....

#2512 2 years ago

1959 is an Australian Dude

#2513 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:Wow that's like the 5th time he's started to say "SOLD" then he takes another bid. I would be pissed lol

Have you never been to an auction?
His job is to get every dollar possible for the seller.

#2514 2 years ago

Almost won that Nine Ball...

#2515 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Fock - I really wanted Cosmic Princess. Nope!!

Cool but not worth $16,875

Plenty more fun games

#2517 2 years ago

$276,786 so far 18% premium for the Auction House.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

His job is to get every dollar possible for the seller.

And himself. Can't blame them, doubt you'll ever see an event like this ever again. Dave for salesman of the year.

#2519 2 years ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

$276,786 so far 18% premium for the Auction House.
[quoted image]

Ya, they have to be super pumped. Not only are they raking in the $, but they are setting themselves up for the future with such high prices

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from Asmig:

And himself. Can't blame them, doubt you'll ever see an event like this ever again. Dave for salesman of the year.

He is busting his ass...how much sleep is he getting? 6 hours?

#2521 2 years ago

Come on Pinsiders, bring that Big Game home!

#2522 2 years ago

I wonder if the person bidding on Stargazer has actually played Stargazer cause..
I played a nicer one Friday and just felt cheated by the slings....

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Ya, they have to be super pumped. Not only are they raking in the $, but they are setting themselves up for the future with such high prices

Exactly my point from earlier

Investing in high future sale prices

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:Almost won that Nine Ball...

Sorry on the Nine Ball, it's my favorite Stern.
Hope you find one.

#2525 2 years ago

BRONCO got more money than STERN VIPER !!

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

He is busting his ass...how much sleep is he getting? 6 hours?

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif

#2527 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Sorry on the Nine Ball, it's my favorite Stern.
Hope you find one.

I didn't really want it, especially if another Pinsider really wanted it!

#2528 2 years ago

At the $ he is bringing in on this. Who need sleep..Just keep them Red Bulls coming and have the Ambulance on standby.

#2529 2 years ago

lol - yeah - just sayin.

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

QS went cheap. Thought it would get to 10k....

I actually picked this one up as it didn't seem THAT out of line, and didn't experience anything fishy, I was certainly not expecting the bid to hold

#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I actually picked this one up as it didn't seem THAT out of line

You'll probably want a new Playfield for it. Mirco has one.

#2532 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I actually picked this one up as it didn't seem THAT out of line, and didn't experience anything fishy, I was certainly not expecting the bid to hold

Well done!

#2533 2 years ago

New record for an Orbitor1? 5700 dollars?

#2534 2 years ago

Nice !!
Put new playfield in and worth $10k

#2535 2 years ago

I’m reading al these posts where people are shocked about why games are going for high prices, or why something rare didn’t go for as much as something not, and I wonder why you can’t look at this without your pinball collector goggles.

These are not collectors. I doubt most of these people could find the flipper buttons. They have zero context of price, value or rarity. All pinball machines look the same to them, EM or SS. They think they’re mint. So, they bid on what they like. This was nationally advertised and they think this is the only sale for pins ever. - they’re not googling pinball, they think they’re getting super rare minty machines.

None of this is shocking or hand to believe.

#2536 2 years ago

I just noticed Medusa doesn't have a hammer price listed. I remember watching it sell last night though. I wonder if that's just a glitch or indicative of a failed payment or something like that?

#2537 2 years ago

Free Fall more than Nine Ball?!

#2538 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Congrats!

#2539 2 years ago

IANAL but now that there's 50 pages documenting that these sales are FMV * infinity, its time to remember that the delta between FMV and sale price can be a tax deductible charitable contribution per the IRS. It probably wouldn't take an Ivy educated accountant to see to it that the whole purchase price is deductible. As long as you aren't a hobbyist or collector or connoisseur these prices are just what you're looking for.

#2540 2 years ago

What the Hell is this "We're sorry, the auctioneer gave the floor priority." business ?
Does this mean they're disallowing online bids ?

#2541 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

What the Hell is this "We're sorry, the auctioneer gave the floor priority." business ?

More that if they hear someone yelling out on the floor but an online bidder comes in they give prio to floor. So you basically need to be faster on online bids. But really, just wait until the 10 times you hear "going twice, one more time? one more time? Dave tell us some history on this game? Going twice, one more time?"

#2542 2 years ago

That moment of dread when you hope you get outbid so you don't have to spend a day travelling to Banning........

#2543 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I'm sure that means that two bids came in at the same time for the same amount.

#2544 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Not exactly. It's like, you could have two people bid the same number at the same time, one from internet, one on the floor. When the bidding on the floor gets hot, he'll focus on those guys, but you can still bid on the internet and will get your bid in but it might be outbid by the floor first.

#2545 2 years ago

This whole auction reminds me of when Harry and Lloyd found that suitcase and left it full of IOU'S.

1351.gif1351.gif
#2546 2 years ago

Watch 2959 buy Austin Powers

Just my prediction

#2547 2 years ago

6K for a Comet! Does it come with Python's bones inside?

#2548 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Watch 1959 buy Austin Powers
Just my prediction

You mean 2959? Just saw your edit. I know I see the same numbers nabbing all the movie/TV games.

#2549 2 years ago

Major stalling on that Freefall. Luckily bidder 1959 got it at 4K. He's been bidding all night - good for him.

#2550 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I will donate to Pinside if someone makes a topic listing all of the prices games sold for at this event.
I wonder if there were any Corp / Company buyers who took home a large % o these games.
This would be a nice service for folks looking to evaluate the value of games for insurance purposes..

Pinside itself is a nice service your already using. Why not just donate for that value?

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.