20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 97.
#2351 2 years ago

I'm having a tiny bit of remorse not jumping on the Sega Derby Club. Originally they cost like $150,000 and it went for $1700! But I couldn't think of anywhere to set it up that didn't end in divorce papers.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

And for those keeping score at home today of what’s old is new again in pinball:
Godzilla $6100
BTTF 14k

Don’t forget the fees so it’s actually
Godzilla $7625
BTTF $17,500

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thats actually one of those games that is becoming "less rare" with time.
Nearly every converted Track and Field winds up getting restored in this day and age due to the popularity of the game and the fact that all the artwork is available as a repro.

The only ones that are somewhat "Rare" are two I saw at the MoP that had Wico Over / Under doors instead of the large single door.

And WTF! I go to work at about 1:00 and when I get home I see this!
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 12.25.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-12 at 12.25.42 AM (resized).png

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Saw that and said. Hmm. Never seen that before.

It's probably the first arcade game that has a full QWERTY keyboard for the controls. It was developed by Rick Dyer. His company (RDI) also created the Time Traveler Hologram game put out by SEGA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dyer_(video_game_designer)

#2355 2 years ago

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Well that's a surprise: thought the Fathom would go for a lot more.

Re-make stopped that.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I'm having a tiny bit of remorse not jumping on the Sega Derby Club. Originally they cost like $150,000 and it went for $1700! But I couldn't think of anywhere to set it up that didn't end in divorce papers.

And just a little bit of relief given its presented "working" condition

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

It's probably the first arcade game that has a full QWERTY keyboard for the controls. It was developed by Rick Dyer. His company (RDI) also created the Time Traveler Hologram game put out by SEGA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dyer_(video_game_designer)

There was one briefly in Player 1 Vegas back in the Before Times during the soft opening, but it never worked and was soon pulled, unfortunately.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

That Berzerk will be an "easy fix". Somehow I doubt that

Especially if there's any acid damage on the CPU board.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Sega R-360 is probably the biggest

Namco Galaxian 3:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

That and I am sure john bought a ton of games from their auction over the years.

Wonder if any of these game might end up at Goodwill Computer Works in Santa Ana.0724161239-00 (resized).jpg0724161239-00 (resized).jpg0724161240-00 (resized).jpg0724161240-00 (resized).jpg0724161246-00 (resized).jpg0724161246-00 (resized).jpg0807161319-00 (resized).jpg0807161319-00 (resized).jpg0807161320-00 (resized).jpg0807161320-00 (resized).jpg0807161325-00 (resized).jpg0807161325-00 (resized).jpg0814161347-00 (resized).jpg0814161347-00 (resized).jpg

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Wonder if any of these game might end up at Goodwill Computer Works in Santa Ana.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was this at Banning? The setting doesnt look familiar

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Was this at Banning? The setting doesnt look familiar

No These were at the Goodwill computer Works in Santa Ana. This is about 6 years ago. Actually, the Hoop it up was playable, but the basket balls on the CP needed to be replaced.

There has also been pins there before. I couldn't buy it but back in 2011 there was an Eight Ball there that wouldnt start up, but it was in beautiful condition.
Only one mark on the PF and the cabinet and it had a perfect back glass.

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

well that sucks. I was hoping to snag something in the wee hours while the east slept. ah well

I think they’re competing with the other side of the world too

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

5.9k Centaur
4.9k Xenon

That’s slightly more reasonable. Reasonable to say the crazy bidders haven’t played pinball before either

#2366 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That’s slightly more reasonable. Reasonable to say the crazy bidders haven’t played pinball before either

That's exactly it. None of these buyers are players. They are all rich guys that heard about an auction, see a theme they like (for example, South Park) and are just clicking the button because they WANT IT NOW. I can't wait for the letdown when they quickly get sick of their 15k BTTF's incredibly "deep" gameplay.

#2367 2 years ago

For the same amount of money, an average example of many of these could’ve been bought and sent to HEP and the buyer would’ve had a true museum piece worthy of the hammer price.

#2368 2 years ago

Yep BTTF has about $1500.00 worth of game play. That game sucks.

Quoted from truemagoo102:

I can't wait for the letdown when they quickly get sick of their 15k BTTF's incredibly "deep" gameplay.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from Karnov:

He has other non-profits in the works. One involves 3rd world counties. A bunch of this money is going to that.

Yeah, “in the works”. All these rich dudes and celebrities and professional athletes are so into philanthropy. 3rd world countries are all the rage. Money seems to just disappear into the third world void. I’m sure he consulted a lawyer on how to best “give away” all his money.

If this weeks guy doesn’t share the wealth with the volunteer techs and the people who donated games to the museum then I wish upon him 1300 chargebacks on all the buyers stolen credit cards that I suspect are driving this madness.

#2370 2 years ago
5mpfat (resized).jpg5mpfat (resized).jpg
#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

The average price for pinball thus far... $5,654.93
The median price... $4,704.37
The mode price... $3,814.35
And basically, very little big ticket stuff so far.

Thanks for posting these numbers this is interesting. Also, are these the hammer prices@?

#2372 2 years ago

I don’t know what happened but I guess the whole thing halted for some reason. Only 2 more on my interest list went through.

Xenon for $4900 hammer or over $6,000 as was pointed out is ridiculous. You can get a nice one for not much than half that all day long.

Fathom for $6500 hammer is the steal of the auction so far, relatively speaking. That’s around $8,000. That is not totally crazy, that could even be considered somewhat reasonable. Still, I recently saw the chance to buy a very nice example locally for $6500. So, still too high in my book.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Thanks for posting these numbers this is interesting. Also, are these the hammer prices@?

That looks like hammer price, so add about 30% to cover taxes, fees, shipping.

#2374 2 years ago

This is just crazy…prices are all over the place. There have been a couple sleepers that actually sold for OK price but most everything has been ridiculous. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on 720 as it’s a grail game for me but with the juice and shipping it would have been $6K….and I am buying sight unseen. For that kind of money I would want a restored one.

This is just good entertainment at this point so will keep watching.

#2375 2 years ago

is there a list of hammerprices of yesterday?

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I don’t know what happened but I guess the whole thing halted for some reason. Only 2 more on my interest list went through.
Xenon for $4900 hammer or over $6,000 as was pointed out is ridiculous. You can get a nice one for not much than half that all day long.
Fathom for $6500 hammer is the steal of the auction so far, relatively speaking. That’s around $8,000. That is not totally crazy, that could even be considered somewhat reasonable. Still, I recently saw the chance to buy a very nice example locally for $6500. So, still too high in my book.

And add the Flash Gordon price....the Bally's are telling...the didn't go to where I thought they would. Figured the Classic Stern's would hit the outer limit, now I'm not so sure. I've got two I'm going to go for when it starts up.

Does anybody know how soon you have to send in payment? Assume it's 24 hours.

#2377 2 years ago

I wonder how the prices will be for the em’s. Crazy?

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

I can't wait for the letdown when they quickly get sick of their 15k BTTF's incredibly "deep" gameplay.

I bet they won’t play it enough to see how deep (or shallow) it is.

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I wonder how the prices will be for the em’s. Crazy?

2,000-3,000 for multiplayer Williams.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

2,000-3,000 for multiplayer Williams.

Crap. I’m afraid to see what the Gottliebs will get up to.

#2381 2 years ago

You guys that are all up in arms about “how did (THAT_TITLE) got for so high when (THIS_TITLE) went for much less?” Are assuming that the people bidding these crazy prices are actual pinheads that ‘know the market’ and what games typically go for, when the much more likely scenario is that these people don’t know pinball at all and are just bidding on what interests them.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You guys that are all up in arms about “how did (THAT_TITLE) got for so high when (THIS_TITLE) went for much less?” Are assuming that the people bidding these crazy prices are actual pinheads that ‘know the market’ and what games typically go for, when the much more likely scenario is that these people don’t know pinball at all and are just bidding on what interests them.

Exactly!!! There are tons of collectors not on Pinside/KLOV with plenty of money. Add in the general public that may have heard of this and anything can happen.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

is there a list of hammerprices of yesterday?

There is a spreadsheet being created by someone.

This thread has some groupings:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-museum-auction-selling-has-begun

At the bottom of the Auction site, there is a scrollable History.

#2384 2 years ago

It seems like know-nothing rich bidders aren't likely to want non-working games. Does that make the second weekend of the auction more hopeful for "real" pinheads?

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

It seems like know-nothing rich bidders aren't likely to want non-working games. Does that make the second weekend of the auction more hopeful for "real" pinheads?

No

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Baywatch says it all.

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I worked on that Fathom during the pandemic. Some of the games at the museum are actually in good shape. Some not so much.
However, If you were to ask me a week ago "what was the best pin (that I worked on) that was in the worst shape", I would say Fathom. It actually depressed me that it was not better cared for prior to making it into the collection. Hopefully it is still holding together when it arrives at it's new home.

#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

That looks like hammer price, so add about 30% to cover taxes, fees, shipping.

The average prices were after internet fees, ood, and don’t take into account anyone purchasing with a reseller license. But I think we all know resellers aren’t buyers when the worst Williams EMs are 4k.

#2389 2 years ago

Bad cats is the new hype

$12,375 out the door

CEB1511F-BEA7-4EC9-B306-B5FAE240D11B (resized).pngCEB1511F-BEA7-4EC9-B306-B5FAE240D11B (resized).png
#2390 2 years ago

Or ….

$9000 for Whirlwind

336AD608-6B4A-4C78-8E92-1FC20741DA27 (resized).png336AD608-6B4A-4C78-8E92-1FC20741DA27 (resized).png
#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

A lot of terrible games with recognizable themes have sold for far more than fantastic games with unrecognizable ones.

O.K., got it.
Had I known where Fathom would close, I might have gone for that. (My recollection was that it was in pretty decent condition, but I could be wrong. Wasn't going to be present there in person though, for several reasons.)

QUERY: Did you -- or anyone else reading this -- ALMOST buy something in this auction, but backed off at the last instant, and NOT because you were outbid ?

#2392 2 years ago

My $3500 fathom looking better all the time

#2393 2 years ago

yeah, there were no good prices - the Fathom was NOT a reasonable price, nor any of the others. Gives me little hope for the rares I wanted.

#2394 2 years ago

Crazy.

....can't think of anything else to say about these prices.

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

My $3500 fathom looking better all the time

Every single price I paid for all my games is looking so much better after seeing this craziness.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

O.K., got it.
Had I known where Fathom would close, I might have gone for that. (My recollection was that it was in pretty decent condition, but I could be wrong. Wasn't going to be present there in person though, for several reasons.)
QUERY: Did you -- or anyone else reading this -- ALMOST buy something in this auction, but backed off at the last instant, and NOT because you were outbid ?

As estroh said above, Fathom was OK condition but not great. There is a really nice one with a brand new playfield for sale right now on Pinside for $6100, even after paying for shipping from PA it would be a far better deal than this one.

The only interesting thing about Fathom is that the price does not match up with the true desirability of the machine, relative to the others being sold. This is more evidence that the buyers know nothing about pinball, which is pretty obvious at this point anyway.

#2397 2 years ago

I have come to realize that game auctions, at highly recognizable vendors, get over inflated prices.
G.A.M.E.S. auction in LA was no different.

#2398 2 years ago

Dave Moore, artist for Gottlieb in the 80’s

#2399 2 years ago

There's not one pinsider here feeling dumb for any purchase in their past! Now is the time to go show your wives how much money you are making the household!

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

As estroh said above, Fathom was OK condition but not great. There is a really nice one with brand new playfield for sale right now on Pinside for $6100, even after paying for shipping from PA it would be a far better deal than this one.
The only interesting thing about Fathom is that the price does not match up with the true desirability of the machine, relative to the others being sold. This is more evidence that the buyers know nothing about pinball, which is pretty obvious at this point anyway.

Well, you've gotten me feeling better about that decision then.

When I turned the monitor back on a few minutes ago (left everything else running overnight, power company's "Flex Alert" be damned !), I immediately heard Chris doing his thing on the YT feed. OH CRAP ! I thought, they pulled an emergency fast one and started early on us ?! But no, it was just a repeat, started from the beginning. Guess it will re-synch up at 11. Allowing for a few of their customary internet glitches, of course.

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.