20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 97.
#1751 2 years ago

Here's hoping they hit the pins after midnight, PST. Maybe then we might see some real prices.

#1752 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Which one of you just got banned?

I heard the tail end of that. Didn't hear the why.

LTG : )

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not counting 6 player cabinet games or other exotics. This one was huge - Sega's 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker
Honorable mention for Sega's sit down Afterburner or F3555 three monitor Ferrari or huge sit down Virtua Racer.

Sega R-360 is probably the biggest

#1754 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I heard the tail end of that. Didn't hear the why.

Looked like he was looking at his screen while he said that. Mean words?

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Sega R-360 is probably the biggest

The huge gyroscope looking thing you ride in ? If so, agreed.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, I have another question.
If Hercules is the biggest Pin, What is the biggest Vid from this time?
(I guess today its the Large screen horse racing, or Projection Games I see at IAPPA.)

Fire Truck probably took up the most space in its day (1978).
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7814

Prop Cycle and many others were about the same size
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9139

I remember playing a motocross game in the late 90s roughly the same size.

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The huge gyroscope looking thing you ride in ? If so, agreed.

John bought one. It was on the way to MOP, but was routed to Captain for sale since MOP will be no more.

#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Fire Truck probably took up the most space in its day (1978).
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7814

For 1978, yes.

#1759 2 years ago

I’ve never bought an arcade game. Is this what they normally go for?

#1760 2 years ago

Tell me what you know about King & Balloon.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

What do you think ? Have you read any of the posts ?

#1762 2 years ago

Put in several bids, but the prices make no sense.

#1763 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What do you think ? Have you read any of the posts ?

#1764 2 years ago

How much is a new Golden Tee these days? 4k?

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:How much is a new Golden Tee these days? 4k?

I think that's in the ballpark. Got a 2020 Live on Captain's for $1500 recently. I don't know wth is going on.

#1766 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Tell me what you know about King & Balloon.

Help, help, help..... Bye-bye!

#1767 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Yes and I just happen to have some for sale. I'll even go 10% off the Captain's hammer price because I'm just that nice of a guy. For you- anything

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Looked like he was looking at his screen while he said that. Mean words?

Must have a chat room running for those logged into bid that us mere mortals can't see.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Yes and I just happen to have some for sale. I'll even go 10% off the Captain's hammer price because I'm just that nice of a guy. For you- anything

Hey guys. I've got a better-than-museum-quality JP Premium avaliable at the bargain price of just $15,000. All I ask is that you pay the good deed forward.

#1770 2 years ago

Exterminator blew me away!

I first saw it at IAPPA under a Japanese Name I didnt know.
Instead of 2 corded guns, they had industrial size bug spray cans.
The graphics werent hands, they were bug spray cans.

Played it for hours.

They sold the New/Floor Sample for 3K, not to ship back.

#1771 2 years ago

$14K for a Tattoo Assassins......holy cow...

What a terrible game going for insane money.

"Great buy, cool game." xD.....

#1772 2 years ago

$13,500 for Tattoo Assassins ---- More like Wallet Assassins!

#1773 2 years ago

If it were an option, and you could go back, would you have added your entire collection to this auction?

I have put a ton of time and effort into building up my collection over the past 12 years or so, but if someone was willing to pay me 5X what they are worth..sure I'd sell em all!!

#1774 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

If it were an option, and you could go back, would you have added your entire collection to this auction?
I have put a ton of time and effort into building up my collection over the past 12 years or so, but if someone was willing to pay me 5X what they are worth..sure I'd sell em all!!

It would.be tempting but so much effort goes into acquiring, fixing and such. With inflation who knows these prices may seem good in 2 years

Also captains has everyone's email address that signed up. They could acquire collections and have another auction in the future. It's like printing money.

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Probably not since then I have a bunch of cash but no games, and the time and expense to rebuild a collection wouldn't make it worth it.

If I was dropping out of the hobby due to lack of interest or medical expenses or something like that, heck yeah I would love my games at this auction!

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Probably not since then I have a bunch of cash but no games, and the time and expense to rebuild a collection wouldn't make it worth it.

I'm usually a bargain hunter, so if someone paid me 3x-5x what they're worth, I could turn around and re-buy most of the titles I own at fair market prices and still be ahead of the game.

#1777 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This proves when ready to sell - getting a collector or two together and going the auction route is the no brainer.

#1778 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm usually a bargain hunter, so if someone paid me 3x-5x what they're worth, I could turn around and re-buy most of the titles I own at fair market prices and still be ahead of the game.

After this auction is over it may be a lot harder to buy games at last months prices particularly for rarer titles.

#1779 2 years ago

Is Robin thinking Pinside Live Auctions?

#1780 2 years ago
191.gif191.gif
#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

This proves when ready to sell - getting a collector or two together and going the auction route is the no brainer.

I think the trick is also a considerable amount of advertising.

#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

No kidding. The auctions in Winston-Salem and Tennessee have some high prices, but never double or triple typical prices found on here at the time.

#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Big time. When the wife knows about the auction, there was enough advertising. Otherwise, it might not be enough for these prices.

#1784 2 years ago

It’s a perfect storm for the seller and the auction. Congrats to both.

In the days it was open normally the video game section was totally popping and also coolest in temperature.

I’m going to miss that feeling in the whole place but you know what they say; when one door closes another opens.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Probably the people that believe the *auctioneer* who just lied saying they are 40k brand new?

I was told they were $80k a pair when they were new by someone in the biz. I cannot vouch for it, but it's definitely not the first time I've heard that price.

Can you get them cheaper now? Sure, but they're old games now. That's how it works.

#1786 2 years ago

$5200 for a williams stargate?! Yikes

#1787 2 years ago

Well my Stargate was for sale for $950, now I'm on a mission to find the $5100 bidder that just missed

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

$5200 for a williams stargate?! Yikes

Yep insane

$3549 on the well known bidding site right this minute.......which is also high btw

#1789 2 years ago

Discussion thread on klov, if anyone's interested in what vid community members are saying.

Spoiler: It's pretty much all the same things we're saying here.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/banning-museum-auction-captains.493930/page-22

#1790 2 years ago

This reminds me of FOMO Barrett Jackson Weekends on ESPN2.

#1791 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Cyberstorm is insanely rare. Never made it out of prototype.

steal of the day. Only a few made. I think only 3 known to be in collectors hands.
metal maniax was also a steal. Again, only 3 know in collectors hands.

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

This reminds me of FOMO Barrett Jackson Weekends on ESPN2.

What is currently happening at Captain's is a lot worse. And that's sayin' something!

#1793 2 years ago

What’s the backstory on captain being selected to handle the auction?

#1794 2 years ago

Anyone from here, who is there live, go up and talk to any of the buyers - ask about why and how they are buying? Seems we could get a decent cross section to understand what we think is going on.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

steal of the day. Only a few made. I think only 3 known to be in collectors hands.

Interesting...never heard of it before.

Links for the curious:
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/20486

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/picked-up-atari-proto-cyberstorm.480234/

Atari's response to street fighter II, perhaps?

#1796 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What is currently happening at Captain's is a lot worse. And that's sayin' something!

You know it's insane when feebay sellers are shocked!!!

wtf (1).gifwtf (1).gif
#1797 2 years ago

Anyone know when the Polybius comes up? I didn't see any of the MOP basement games in the catalog.

#1798 2 years ago

Worth listening to hear him say Chicken Shit 3x in a row a few minutes after correcting himself.

#1799 2 years ago

About 40 more items and then the fun begins....!

#1800 2 years ago

Those are crazy scarce, amazing pickups on those.

Quoted from Mrbill:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/36?hl=lifefloat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.