20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 97.
#1401 2 years ago

...and I have a funny feeling some of the bidding was suppressed due to their technical issues

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Interesting sign of things to come? ebay.com link: The Pinball Museum 1982 Baby Pacman pinball video Super rare Grail Bally

That seller's listings aren't from this auction, obviously he's hoping to ride the wave though

#1403 2 years ago

Isn't kinda stinky to hold the event on the 911 anniversary? People should be thinking about that 1st not Pinball.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Isn't kinda stinky to hold the event on the 911 anniversary? People should be thinking about that 1st not Pinball.

It is possible to acknowledge the past and also move on with the present.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Multitasking, bruh!

Are businesses closed today? Are you staying home all day? C’mon.

#1406 2 years ago

Point taken.

#1407 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

It is possible to acknowledge the past and also move on with the present.

For me 911 is not a good day at all, I do see your point however.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Multitasking, bruh!
Are businesses closed today? Are you staying home all day? C’mon.

Not going anywhere unless I'm forced out the door

#1409 2 years ago

Moving on....

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The old days of 1990 or so. I worked a little bit for Pinball Warehouse. He had a Rocky in the corner for 475.00. It was their for maybe a year and no one bought it. I sold it on a Saturday and Big Al was out of town at a toy show. I called him and let him know the Rocky finally sold.
He was happy as a clam to see it go.

Rocky's sat forever to sell until about 20 years ago. On RGP somebody picked one up. Found everything necessary to restore it. NOS playfield, NOS backglass, NOS plastics, etc. etc. Sold it for crazy money back then.

After that Rocky seemed to gain in popularity and price.

LTG : )

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rocky's sat forever to sell until about 20 years ago. On RGP somebody picked one up. Found everything necessary to restore it. NOS playfield, NOS backglass, NOS plastics, etc. etc. Sold it for crazy money back then.
After that Rocky seemed to gain in popularity and price.

Was that the one restored by Steve Charland?

#1412 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

No. I don't remember who, just that it wasn't Steve's.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Steve Charland had a spectacular Rocky with NOS pieces, but still owned it at the time of his passing.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

while we all have strong emotions about Nickelback's Silver Side Up we have to focus on the auction today

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Steve Charland had a spectacular Rocky with NOS pieces, but still owned it at the time of his passing.

I bought that one from his daughter Amber. I thought he might have been the one that built that one too but probably not. His personal one that I own is the nicest system 80 I've ever seen and I'm thankful to own it

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

The old days of 1990 or so. I worked a little bit for Pinball Warehouse. He had a Rocky in the corner for 475.00. It was their for maybe a year and no one bought it. I sold it on a Saturday and Big Al was out of town at a toy show. I called him and let him know the Rocky finally sold.
He was happy as a clam to see it go.

You mentioned Big Al and all I could think of is Toy Story LOL!

EAF35E19-75A7-4B2F-9FF6-807F0A7F230B (resized).jpegEAF35E19-75A7-4B2F-9FF6-807F0A7F230B (resized).jpeg
#1417 2 years ago

Ebay-ers already trying to ride the auction wave...
Superman for $3600
ebay.com link: itm

#1418 2 years ago

I'm *STILL* fending off uncontrollable fits of laughter over that Barb Wire description . . . !

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I'm *STILL* fending off uncontrollable fits of laughter over that Barb Wire description . . . !

You just made my wife laugh-snort....

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Interesting sign of things to come? ebay.com link: The Pinball Museum 1982 Baby Pacman pinball video Super rare Grail Bally

Ritter eyeroll.gifRitter eyeroll.gif

#1421 2 years ago

what time does the entertainment start today?

#1422 2 years ago

11:00 a.m. PST starting on lot 132.

#1424 2 years ago

I watch these auctions pretty regularly, even pick up a game here or there. Usually the prices are mid-high end of market (exclusive of fees). So not bad if you are good at working on your games, want a specific title, and are willing to pay mid-high market. There is the odd deal here and there but typically you could get better prices with research & patience.

What I saw yesterday was just lunacy. A few pieces were super rare and were going to be really hard to find anywhere else and it was really unsurprising that someone was willing to shell out for them.

This is clearly an influx of people who don't know what they are getting into. MoP was a great place to visit and have tournaments, but the games were not in top condition. Hordes of volunteers could spend free weekends there, get a huge amount of repairs done, yet hardly make a dent in what those games needed to be "museum" quality. I don't think any kind of restoration really happened there... which was just fine for what it was, because it was a great place to see some of the old games you wouldn't see many other places, and certainly never in the same place.

I'm sad to see the collection broken up and wish the move to Palm Springs would have worked out. It was a special collection to be sure. I'd also say that broken up, 90-95% of it isn't really special any more. Its just a collection of things like a $2700 Spanish Eyes probably bought by someone who has no idea what is required to keep a 70s Williams EM in any kind of playable condition spread out all over the world. Proud new owners of a $4,700 Tac-Scan and a $1,800 Armor Attack who have no idea how to bulletproof (or fireproof, which for Tac Scan matters) a G-08 or Cinematronics vector monitor.

I hope these games had some special place in the memory banks for their buyers... because they aren't getting those prices on the open market, and certainly will never recover the 18% hammer tax, 7.75% sales tax, or the costs of getting those games home on top of the hammer price.

I suspect a good chunk of these are going to be personal trophy pieces buried from the world not working in someone's basement for a long, long time.

#1425 2 years ago

I own a Vulcan in pretty good shape. Paid less than $1,000 and wouldn’t dream of getting anything over $1200 and even that seems greedy on my end. It’s a well balanced game for the era still plan to keep it. Based on condition and auction prices it’s already worth more than what I once paid for a CV.

#1426 2 years ago

Looks like a lot more vids to start the day, and the first pin won’t be until lot 335. Will that even be today I wonder?

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Looks like a lot more vids to start the day, and the first pin won’t be until lot 335. Will that even be today I wonder?

This is the plan they keep pasting the auction chat --

Auctioneer: SEP 26TH SELLING LOTS 1225 - 1386
Auctioneer: SEP 25TH SELLING LOTS 940 - 1223
Auctioneer: SEP 24TH SELLING LOTS 800 - 937
Auctioneer: SEP 12TH SELLING LOTS 525 - 767
Auctioneer: SEP 11TH SELLING LOTS 132 - 520

#1428 2 years ago

Almost 400 games to auction today! He's gonna be flying through them I bet.

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I own a Vulcan in pretty good shape. Paid less than $1,000 and wouldn’t dream of getting anything over $1200 and even that seems greedy on my end. It’s a well balanced game for the era still plan to keep it. Based on condition and auction prices it’s already worth more than what I once paid for a CV.

[edit]: Oops, misread that are varkon.

#1430 2 years ago

They go late into the night and sometimes early in the morning on for regular auction days... but the end of regular auction days are usually projects/junk they don't expect top dollar for.

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Almost 400 games to auction today! He's gonna be flying through them I bet.

he was so agonizingly slow yesterday I had to turn it off. So many times he would sit and just beg beg beg for another bid.
I wonder if that's just his style, or if he was trying to compensate for the potential tech issues and internet bids being delayed.

He had one moment where he was halfway through saying "SSSSSssssssssssssold" and a bid came halfway through and that didn't feel great to me. When something is sold, be decisive please.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen two sell at shows in the past few years for way more than $1200.

Wonder why? I mean it’s a neat game but nothing special or rare about it?

#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Wonder why? I mean it’s a neat game but nothing special or rare about it?

My mistake...I misread that as varkon

#1434 2 years ago

Today, An hour or two of video games, then pinball for the rest of the day. All the Data Easts, All the Spooky's, many Bally's. Then last thing tonight is the 90's Bally Williams and a few Sterns. Fun to watch the insane prices on some of these games. I predict games like Radical! will sell for 8K. Games like TAF will go for 12K. Then add about 25% to that for fees and taxes.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

My mistake...I misread that as varkon

It’s all good I’m keeping mine anyway

#1436 2 years ago

And I'm not sure "fun" is the right word. Just more like "stunned". LOL

#1437 2 years ago

Can't wait to see STERN Pirates go for $15k to someone thinking it's the JJP one.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

he was so agonizingly slow yesterday I had to turn it off. So many times he would sit and just beg beg beg for another bid.
I wonder if that's just his style, or if he was trying to compensate for the potential tech issues and internet bids being delayed.

I watch Captain's pretty frequently and that's his style usually, except at the end of the night during his normal warehouse auctions where he will be a lot quicker. Can get some good deals if you wait until the end of the night usually, but not during this auction.

#1439 2 years ago

I'm in on the Power Drift DX, I still have no idea where I'm gonna put it and my wife is going to kill me, but it's my absolute dream game !
I hope it doesn't go as crazy as everything else in this auction and I hope more people are scared by their wives !

#1440 2 years ago

Day 2, delayed start again. Film crew on-site.

47017AB6-54FC-40DE-A1F1-05B15ABFCB48 (resized).jpeg47017AB6-54FC-40DE-A1F1-05B15ABFCB48 (resized).jpeg
#1441 2 years ago

Thanks for the pics and coverage for those who are on site

#1442 2 years ago

Seems they haven't improved the streaming situation since yesterday, still dropping out regularly.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Seems they haven't improved the streaming situation since yesterday, still dropping out regularly.

Why would they? It doesn't seem to be affecting their bottom line

#1444 2 years ago

4 card poker anyone? My bidder number has a pair of 8's

#1445 2 years ago

Anybody want to start an Arcade/Pinball Auction app that works? I’d at least have the stream working at 18%. He’ll for 10% hammer. They’ve known for weeks they would be walking the floor with gear that needed a stable internet connection. Rookiville

#1446 2 years ago

2600 for a video game that doesnt work ? He said green screen did he not?

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What game was it?

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What game was it?

Joust

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Looks like all the bids on that were from internet pre-bidding. Somebody got ripped.

#1450 2 years ago

Joust, Just insane.

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/29?hl=trolldownstairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.