20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 97.
#1201 2 years ago

Chris is talking up the prices. It's his job.

#1202 2 years ago

hard to disprove but I'm convinced that many cashed out their bitcoin gains, bought houses which drove up the housing market, and now apparently they all want 'mancaves'..

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

People aren't THAT clueless that they would take the word of an auctioneer who directly profits from perceived value... are they?

Let me remind you how many "educated people" here at Pinside are buying JJP games with multi-year PF defects and the fricking founder of the company telling us it is OUR fault the PFs are falling apart...and yet people keep buying.

Let me also remind you this is a hobby fulll of "veteran in-the-know" people with 5+ years posting on this forum that see "LE", "CE", "SLE" or "piece of a couch" and buy almost and in some cases sight unseen.....

Once you realize that, people outside of the hobby wanting to snag a game with FOMO doesn't seem THAT big a stretch.....

#1204 2 years ago

Close Encounters is gonna be funny.

#1205 2 years ago

I am going to have some really bad Night Terrors when I am sleeping tonight after watching this prices.

#1206 2 years ago

Now I see Close Encounters is not on despite the rest in the row being on. This could be the first true "project" game, I'm really curious to see the prices. If this goes for peanuts I think it's safe to say it's noobs who know nothing about pinball driving up the prices

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Let me remind you how many "educated people" here at Pinside are buying JJP games with multi-year PF defects and the fricking founder of the company telling us it is OUR fault the PFs are falling apart...and yet people keep buying.
Let me also remind you this is a hobby fulll of "veteran in-the-know" people with 5+ years posting on this forum that see "LE", "CE", "SLE" or "piece of a couch" and buy almost and in some cases sight unseen.....
Once you realize that, people outside of the hobby wanting to snag a game with FOMO doesn't seem THAT big a stretch.....

Same people who spend $1500 on a plastic topper... you're right

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

Now I see Close Encounters is not on despite the rest in the row being on. This could be the first true "project" game, I'm really curious to see the prices. If this goes for peanuts I think it's safe to say it's noobs who know nothing about pinball driving up the prices

oops

#1209 2 years ago

CC EM didn't go as high as I thought it would.

#1210 2 years ago

I love how after each sale, the auctioneer knows the adjusted price (inclusion of fees plus the hammer price) and says it so matter-of-factly.

You can almost here him say "take it in the butt, sucker".

Close Encounters = "what a rare bird" (more buzz words). Only 9K, but THIS one is especially nice.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

#1211 2 years ago

If you think this is crazy, how many paid 2 months salary for a polished Rock?

#1212 2 years ago

4K for EM Wow

#1213 2 years ago

about the second close encounters: "this is a rare piece, they only made 9950 of them" HA!

#1214 2 years ago

Close Encounters is very rare as an EM.
Also, many of them went to Europe.

#1215 2 years ago

Ya caught me lol. I was hoping we would get to see a true project today

#1216 2 years ago

Is anyone even bidding in person?

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

about the second close encounters: "this is a rare piece, they only made 9950 of them" HA!

And THIS one is especially nice-looking. Don't forget....

#1218 2 years ago

Gonna be a lot of demand for home pin techs in the future too…

#1219 2 years ago

How do I get machines in this auction?

#1220 2 years ago

The crowd is getting thin here, but not online!

1E7E1140-244B-4AF5-95E7-F92519FCD3BE (resized).jpeg1E7E1140-244B-4AF5-95E7-F92519FCD3BE (resized).jpeg
#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is anyone even bidding in person?

Yes it looks like several games have sold "to the floor"

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Gonna be a lot of demand for home pin techs in the future too…

I was thinking this earlier.
A lot of new buyers will have no idea how to keep their machines working properly.

#1223 2 years ago

Half way done for the night. I'm almost sad. What will I do with the rest of my night? I've never watched car wrecks like this in the comfort of my living room before.

#1224 2 years ago

So much for my plans for going in person tomorrow.

#1225 2 years ago

Body language says it all, glad I didnt trek out there today...

Screenshot_20210910-184010_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210910-184010_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I was thinking this earlier.
A lot of new buyers will have no idea how to keep their machines working properly.

I spent 4,000 on this thing and it won’t even start!

#1227 2 years ago

...Bronco...

...Bronco will haunt my dreams...

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I spent 4,000 on this thing and it won’t even start!

It will be like when everyone bought a Dalmatian after the movie and then 1 year later didn't want them.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So much for my plans for going in person tomorrow.

Same - HARD PASS. I have better things to do with my time.

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from SkinnyFats:

Should we just buy up every crappy old EM we can find for 600-700 bucks and then have the captain sell them to schmucks who don’t know any better for 3 grand? Unreal!

Big Mistake to think this is typical of the CAW auctions. I've seen a few EMs that I've owned close at prices there that I thought were paltry. Like, is that *all* this title will command ? Perhaps a reflection of their relatively low popularity. This wasn't all that long ago, either. The differences are NIGHT & DAY, from there to here. Much no doubt due to all the hype surrounding this extremely well publicized event, and maybe some cachet due to it being from the MOP collection, but I just can't believe the abiding valuations have shifted to anywhere near this degree.

#1231 2 years ago

The vulcan EM hammered for 3100, my buddy bought that game at a yard sale 4 years ago for $200 and sold it to John for $600...looks like Mr Weeks will do well when this is over...

I predict a very long, somewhat extravagant vacation for Cap'n Chris once all the games are paid for and shipped...

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

hard to disprove but I'm convinced that many cashed out their bitcoin gains, bought houses which drove up the housing market, and now apparently they all want 'mancaves'..

Stop and look at all collectible markets right now are seeing huge record setting upswings in price Comics Sports and Arcade games are shooting up fast. Like all markets in the past there will be a correction.

#1233 2 years ago

Winning is one thing…..paying another

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Winning is one thing…..paying another

i was wondering about that. What are the chances a lot of the winning bids end up being bogus.

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yes it looks like several games have sold "to the floor"

To me the games with floor bidders are probably the ones in the nicest condition because they are there to kick the tires. Some of the game don't see action from the floor and with online bidders there is no reason to risk having a shill in the house.

#1236 2 years ago

I wonder how many people will dispute their bids when the news stories start running “arcade auction prices hit 5x market values…”

#1237 2 years ago

Are they taking a break or are they done for the day? Last item that bidding closed on that I see was a Cleopatra (lot 68) and that was a while ago.

#1238 2 years ago

What happened to the stream? Is the live coverage done for today?

#1239 2 years ago

The real show is here on Pinside!

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Break and then the arcade games, no more pins tonight.

#1241 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

They are taking a break and then are going to start in on the arcade games.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

They are taking a break and then are going to start in on the arcade games.

Hopefully they will get a dedicated line set up for the uplink tomorrow... The Twitch video and video on the Captain's website never came up tonight. First time in years my computer has seen a facebook link...

#1243 2 years ago

How much will BBB sell for?

#1244 2 years ago

so.. did you guys get a good deal ? Any like positive things going on?

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

How much will BBB sell for?

Im going to bid 12k and see what happens

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im going to bid 12k and see what happens

Might want to consider 2x'ing that.

#1247 2 years ago

There's no resisting the sheer lunacy of this so stop griping about prices and just ride the snaaaaaaake

we're already through the looking glass and we all know a story or three is going to eventually surface about wtf is happening behind the scenes

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its just crazy! $5500 after commission plus state Tax!!! for a class of 1812?!?
Nobody wanted to buy mine at $2K, just a couple years ago!

Location, location, location....
Central Florida ain't a spot between Palm Springs and the Inland Empire....

#1249 2 years ago

Hyperinflation?

Anyone considering their pinballs as a "store of value".

#1250 2 years ago

when a Gottlieb Dragon sells ($3000) for more than a Jungle Queen ($2800) you know it's noobs

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.