20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 97.
#1151 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

$3400 for a Monte Carlo that wouldn't kick a ball out. Oh no.

I can't wait for the EM Bally Monte Carlo in two weeks....

#1152 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Exactly...those in the hobby.......wiling to bet eBay prices will ABSOLUTELY adjust bad on these auction prices. $5K SF2s on eBay now...!
Dude....$5900 for FREDDY....HFS....

If you buy your pins off ebay, you deserve what you get. Smart people don't. I'm not worried. A pin requires constant maintenance. I predict a lot of these pins wind up getting sold cheaply once they break down in a couple years.

#1154 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

OH Baby SF2! almost 5k

I've never been more inspired to sell mine (with the ramps not working) for the "reasonable" price of 3.5K! >_<

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I feel like I’m watching a hobby die in real time…

So sad... Greed kills everything.
In the last year I have received and given several deals below "market" price cuz "relationships."
Let's hope uncivil_engineer is right and most of these people cut their losses and bail

#1156 2 years ago
download.jpeg (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg (resized).jpg
#1157 2 years ago

What did Freddy Krueger sold for?

#1158 2 years ago

OMG... the wedgehead fetish begins

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

What did Freddy Krueger sold for?

$5800 plus fees...

#1160 2 years ago

3500 hammer on an em???

#1161 2 years ago

3500 for quick draw EM??? Wth

#1162 2 years ago

Who the hell is buying up EM's at more than 5X going prices?!?!

#1163 2 years ago

fast draw went for three thousand five hundred american dollars

This doesn't make sense right now.

#1164 2 years ago

Is it possible that online bidders are trolling this auction and have no intention of actually following through with payment? I just can’t imagine there are people willing to pay these prices without first checking out eBay for much better deals.
Never thought I would ever say check out eBay for much better deals.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

$5800 plus fees...

thank you
Who wants my Freddy for $5k NO FEES

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

"educated, smart" buyers

#1167 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is it possible that online bidders are trolling this auction and have no intention of actually following through with payment?

Doubt it, buyers are watching all over the world.

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from Hotrodpinhead:

3500 for quick draw EM??? Wth

that's $4375 at pick up for a $600 (pinside price) EM

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

Could be online trolling. I guarantee we will find out. Or noobs, like watching someone with no training trying to fly an aircraft.

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is it possible that online bidders are trolling this auction and have no intention of actually following through with payment? I just can’t imagine there are people willing to pay these prices without first checking out eBay for much better deals.

Don't you have to have a valid card to even bid?

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'd like to think that, but you have to put an awful lot of info in in order to register.

#1172 2 years ago

I mean, wasn't the museum itself a bullshit operation? This all seems soooooo fishy.

#1173 2 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I mean, wasn't the museum itself a bullshit operation? This all seems soooooo fishy.

Buncha people contributed a lot of free labor for the purposes of it being an interactive museum... wonder how they feel seeing it inadvertently destroy the hobby

#1174 2 years ago

OK now Bronco is just pissing me off. Super common, super boring, shoots up past $2500 in seconds.

#1175 2 years ago

What is with the whole "THIS KILLS THE HOBBY" vibe going on here?

A massively advertised auction successfully sells lots of games at high prices and it's the end of the world? Really???

#1176 2 years ago

Should we just buy up every crappy old EM we can find for 600-700 bucks and then have the captain sell them to schmucks who don’t know any better for 3 grand? Unreal!

#1177 2 years ago

4200 bronco

#1178 2 years ago

Gawd the goddamn wedgehead obsession!
"Great deal on that one."
Fuck a duck

#1179 2 years ago

Hahaha, $4,200 plus fees Bronco. "Great deal there"

#1180 2 years ago

I think the owner is bidding on his own pins
Sellers remorse

#1181 2 years ago

Everyone who's so suspicious because they can't believe a bunch of people with lots of money are just buying toys they want hasn't been paying attention to the world.

This auction was advertised around the whole country. NYTimes, NBC, mainstream press. These buyers might not be players, they likely don't care about hunting for deals or dealing with eBay. They have money, the auction is a known quantity with a story behind it, they're spending cash on themes that appeal to them. It's that simple.

Someone was a big Rocky fan I'm sure.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

What is with the whole "THIS KILLS THE HOBBY" vibe going on here?
A massively advertised auction successfully sells lots of games at high prices and it's the end of the world? Really???

Because it will lock up machines with many people expecting ridiculously higher prices. Instant market inflation.

#1183 2 years ago

Christ only knows what that Magic Girl will fetch.

Heighway Alien will hit 15k easy, you mark my words. 10k for Full Throttle LE would be hilarious.

#1184 2 years ago

These are Friday night drunk internet shopping prices.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Everyone who's so suspicious because they can't believe a bunch of people with lots of money are just buying toys they want hasn't been paying attention to the world.
This auction was advertised around the whole country. NYTimes, NBC, mainstream press. These buyers might not be players, they likely don't care about hunting for deals or dealing with eBay. They have money, the auction is a known quantity with a story behind it, they're spending cash on themes that appeal to them. It's that simple.

Agree, and more people than ever have a shit load of $. Have to spend it somehow.

#1186 2 years ago

Did Robert Mueller get some additional stimulus money? Is he buying these and going to turn them into pinbar magic?

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And remember..... more people in this hobby is a good thing! I'm sure as more people enter prices will go down *snicker*.

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So how do you explain Bronco?

#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

So how do you explain Bronco?

The auctioneer used a shitload of buzzwords...talking about "owning a piece of Americana".....instant FOMO for the uneducated.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

And remember..... more people in this hobby is a good thing! I'm sure a smore people enter prices will go down *snicker*.

It IS great for when I decide to cash out.

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Greed kills everything.

Who exactly is being greedy here?

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The auctioneer used a shitload of buzzwords...talking about "owning a piece of Americana".....instant FOMO for the uneducated.

People aren't THAT clueless that they would take the word of an auctioneer who directly profits from perceived value... are they?

#1193 2 years ago

These prices are absolutely ridiculous. A "300" for $2300!!

#1194 2 years ago

People spending their inheritance and tapping their retirement funds tonight.

#1195 2 years ago

Bronco.

$4200 for Bronco. Before fees.

For Bronco.

#1198 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Who exactly is being greedy here?

You're actually right, Cowboy. Thanks for calling that out.
I should have said Money. Nobody's being greedy here. Yet. That will come next.

Thanks

#1199 2 years ago

The people who are clapping like seals are pissing me off

#1200 2 years ago
I'm not that upset. Most of the pins I want aren't rare, and after the first pin sold, I gave up on those, so my wallet stays thick for the better deals elsewhere.

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/24?hl=selig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.