20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 97.
#1101 2 years ago

Rocky @ 10k? Don't even wait for xmas

#1102 2 years ago

$12500 for white cabinet Rocky

Yo Adriannn

#1103 2 years ago

It's obvious that the noobs are bidding. The games/themes that people have heard of are the ones people are overpaying for

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from trolldownstairs:

I get that machines are worth whatever you are willing to pay for.... but geez.
I'm starting to wonder if this is a money laundering scheme, or just people with too much money and not enough sense.

I'm convinced there's something ultra shady going on here.

No way someone just randomly spends $12k+ on a fucking Rocky.

#1105 2 years ago

Will pinside be flooded with "history unknown, probably HUO" pins for the rest of the month?

Maybe there are a bunch of foreign bidders that are just happy that they will be shipped to their country without question?

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm convinced there's something ultra shady going on here.
No way someone just randomly spends $12k+ on a fucking Rocky.

No big money laundering scheme, just dumbfucks with stimulus money...

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Will pinside be flooded with "history unknown, probably HUO" pins for the rest of the month?
Maybe there are a bunch of foreign bidders that are just happy that they will be shipped to their country without question?

Gonna be lots of ads in a few months with "No lowballers, I know what I have here."

#1108 2 years ago

Has to be foreign bidders + noobs who have no CLUE about pinballs. Bet they regret it when it comes time to sell one.

OR when it comes time to repair one.

#1109 2 years ago

Anyone paying attention if the winners tend to be the same people? i.e. a few whales or a lot of single bidders looking for one game.

#1110 2 years ago

OOOOOH.... Title Fight coming up! Can't wait!

#1111 2 years ago

It’s the Supreme generation

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Has to be foreign bidders + noobs who have no CLUE about pinballs. Bet they regret it when it comes time to sell one.

Usually people who have no clue think that pins cost $500.

Something isn’t right here.

#1113 2 years ago

It's bad. People bidding on line & not even able to see the games or ask questions. It's like condition means nothing. Some of these games like Haunted House? You can't even tell if there's wear on the playfield where the ball drops into the cellar. A million things like this that are so important and effect the price. These games are from a public place (not home used) & literally being dumped & if worth this price simply because they exist? it's Ridiculous. The only thing this tells me is that my games and some of the people on here that really love & pamper their games? They are worth a fortune! It doesn't make me want to sell me games, it makes me want to keep my games.. and most of us aren't going to want to buy someone's garbage going forward for these prices.

#1114 2 years ago

I sold them that exact machine last year from an ad here on pinside, 2500 bucks.

#1115 2 years ago

I guess I shouldn't bother trying to sell games at shows and just ship them out to captain's auction. Good grief.

Even with shipping costs and commission, I'd still be making money.

#1116 2 years ago

No clue on Title Fight!

#1117 2 years ago

Wouldn't sell my Title Fight for 3300...

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

It's bad. People bidding on line & not even able to see the games or ask questions. It's like condition means nothing. Some of these games like Haunted House? You can't even tell if there's wear on the playfield where the ball drops into the cellar. A million things like this that are so important and effect the price. These games are from a public place (not home used) & literally being dumped & if worth this price simply because they exist? it's Ridiculous. The only thing this tells me is that my games and some of the people on here that really love & pamper their games? They are worth a fortune! It doesn't make me want to sell me games, it makes me want to keep my games.. and most of us aren't going to want to buy someone's garbage going forward for these prices.

Agreed - but I think we can all agree this isn't going to move the needle on prices one iota.

#1119 2 years ago

fireball2 is now rich!

#1120 2 years ago

Its just crazy! $5500 after commission plus state Tax!!! for a class of 1812?!?

Nobody wanted to buy mine at $2K, just a couple years ago!

#1121 2 years ago

Cant wait to see what Raven sells for.

#1122 2 years ago

So obviously rich noobs.

#1123 2 years ago

Lots of gate keeping in this thread.

Sorry your pinball hobby is evolving into a collector sport. Maybe you can spend some of the left over money you have on therapy.

Keep the downvotes coming! I know it makes you feel better on this dark day.

#1124 2 years ago

Where's my imamaculate Baywatch? 20k?

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's the scam?

Advertised all over the country. All Joe public knows is pins are valuable and going up in price. Many non pinball people are buying in hopes of flipping them or think they are a good investment.

Too many people see asking prices on Ebay, Craigslist, Pawn Stars, Storage Wars, Antiques Roadshow. And here is their chance to get in on it.

Not everyone knows about Pinside, or any pinball forum. Or even does their homework on what games actually sell for.

The scam is have ignorant people with money and mix thoroughly.

Watch in the next half year or so as a lot of people need help fixing, or trying to sell these games, for more than they paid.

Pinball is coming into the wild west era of pinball. Throw common sense out the window. And watch the fun.

The size and scope of this could really hurt pinball in the very near future.

LTG : (

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The size and scope of this could really hurt pinball in the very near future.

This. Lloyd knows

#1127 2 years ago

That Spirit sold cheap comparatively.

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:Has to be foreign bidders

Dunno why you guys think overseas people are going to pay waaaaay more than games are worth here, let alone the currency exchange.

That $12,500 Rocky would be $17,600 New Zealand dollars.

Or $17,000 Australian dollars.

Plus shipping. Plus taxes.

Nobody overseas is paying that.

The Haunted House sold for $8200 New Zealand dollars. I sold mine not long ago for $3500 NZD.

So the maths doesn’t add up.

rd

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

fireball2 is now rich!

Title Fight stays, but I'll give somebody a deal on Excalibur, especially if they have an Escape from the Lost World...

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

The more you know about pinball and its history, the less likely you are to be among the bidders for a HUGE MAJORITY of these lots !

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So the maths doesn’t add up.
rd

I think it's more noobs and a few foreign - and the math doesn't add up here either.

#1132 2 years ago

It's not foreigners. The machines have to be picked up within 5 days of sale, I'm told.

#1133 2 years ago

Toppers are Priceless. LOLOLOL

#1134 2 years ago

What. A. Scam. And what a coup getting the NY Times to give free global advertising. On the homepage no less.

#1135 2 years ago

Curious where the arcade machines end up. Clearly not the place to score a pinball machine. Was hoping I could snag the Stargate at market, but looks like it will go for 7k based on these prices.

#1136 2 years ago

Now he's mocking the newbs.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It's not foreigners. The machines have to be picked up within 5 days of sale, I'm told.

Lots of dumb Californians?

#1138 2 years ago

*remembers a LOT of people on this forum saying "more people in pinball is great for the hobby!"*

Still feel that way seeing this prices? Think maybe...just maybe...the eBay prices will get affected as a direct result of this?

Kind of like how once someone got $1000+ for a topper...thankfully...that was just once and no other toppers went for that kind of...oh wait...ALL new toppers are now $1000+.

I wanna see $8000 LW3s and $22K regular TAFs. $9000 JMs and 16K OG AFMs. Watch my collection value quintuple in a matter of weeks!!!

$3600 hammer prices for a Barbwire....OOF

#1139 2 years ago

They reached $100K in sales with the first 30 pins. And that is BEFORE fees...

#1140 2 years ago

Came, Saw, SMH, left. Somethings are not meant to be.

#1141 2 years ago

OH Baby SF2! almost 5k

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I guess I shouldn't bother trying to sell games at shows and just ship them out to captain's auction. Good grief.
Even with shipping costs and commission, I'd still be making money.

Cap’n will likely get a popularity bump from this, and a ton of email addresses, I may be taking some games over to his warehouse for his next ‘regular’ auction.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

*remembers a LOT of people on this forum saying "more people in pinball is great for the hobby!"*
Still feel that way seeing this prices?

Yes, I do. And these prices aren't going to be repeated anytime soon by anyone. They are so far removed from fair value, they won't move the needle an iota. Those in the hobby know value, and those who join quickly learn.

#1144 2 years ago

"Excellent buy" for a 5K+ SF2

#1145 2 years ago

oh man it's like watching a car accident. I just can't look away.

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yes, I do. And these prices aren't going to be repeated anytime soon by anyone. They are so far removed from fair value, they won't move the needle an iota. Those in the hobby know value, and those who join quickly learn.

Exactly...those in the hobby.......wiling to bet eBay prices will ABSOLUTELY adjust bad on these auction prices. $5K SF2s on eBay now...!

Dude....$5900 for FREDDY....HFS....

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

oh man it's like watching a car accident. I just can't look away

So this... I can't stop watching the bloodbath

#1148 2 years ago

There should be a TRADE ONLY club here on Pinside.

#1149 2 years ago

Ok I'm out after this one. Love this game but 6 grand with fees for SF2... man... good luck guys. Enjoy the show

sf2 (resized).PNGsf2 (resized).PNG
#1150 2 years ago

I feel like I’m watching a hobby die in real time…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/23?hl=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.