20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 97.
#951 2 years ago

are captain auctions usually this bad online, or is it stable at their main warehouse?

#952 2 years ago

Auctioneer is losing it.

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

are captain auctions usually this bad online, or is it stable at their main warehouse?

Usually stable, this is a mess.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

Stable at their own place
Now their in middle of nowhere

#955 2 years ago

how many pins sold so far? in 45 minutes?

#956 2 years ago

This could take years! The final selling prices might be the going rate by then...

#957 2 years ago

imagine the prices if the streaming was working

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

how many pins sold so far? in 45 minutes?

One and a half??

#959 2 years ago

What. A. SHIT SHOW.

#960 2 years ago

Facebook is working. They have changed it to where you have to login to watch it on their website.

#961 2 years ago

This is complete insanity so far.

#962 2 years ago

#3 got sold after a pile of online bidders then a floor bidder finished it. Then the bidding "reopened"?

#963 2 years ago

bright thought - everyone gets too hot, no power on their iphones, hungry, tired, and some deals go through late.

#964 2 years ago

I work in technology and feel terrible for them , this is going to be a fucking disaster....

#965 2 years ago

what a shit show

#966 2 years ago

Captain should upgrade his 56k connection

#967 2 years ago

The feed is dead for everyone else right?

#968 2 years ago

Even Mr. Tuckey runs a smoother operation than this.. and that's saying a lot!

#969 2 years ago

They need middle-out compression.

000 (resized).jpg000 (resized).jpg
#970 2 years ago

By the 2nd weekend, when people are tired and disgusted and bidding for non-working EMs... maybe the prices will drop to near-normal.

#971 2 years ago

I think I'll grab some popcorn and just sit back and watch for a while. This is WAY more entertaining than half of what is on TV. Total train wreck.

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Stable at their own place
Now their in middle of nowhere

But we **knew** their internet at MOP was from hunger. I thought some special equipment was being brought in to remedy that ?? For an event of this magnitude, can't you rent a T1 line (or whatever the premium, high-speed bandwidth *for businesses* is called these days), even just for a couple weekends ?

#973 2 years ago

Damn...Live stream of Dead & Company is getting ready to start but I can't break away from this mess.

#974 2 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...these games are not in perfect condition right? The prices seem pretty spectacular for a few of these earlier ones. At this rate I imagine the late model LEs will be like $40k.

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

Captain should upgrade his 56k connection

I think that would cut away from the Scrooge Mc Duck style money-pit him and John Weeks are gonna have after this auction though
download.gifdownload.gif

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...these games are not in perfect condition right? The prices seem pretty spectacular for a few of these earlier ones. At this rate I imagine the late model LEs will be like $40k.

Yes, they are various conditions - BMX was worn down to the wood at one place, as an example. They are NOT museum quality.

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Nah, they're just games. Not restored. Some were bought new and didn't get much play...but, these aren't museum pieces despite the place being called a museum.

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yes, they are various conditions - BMX was worn down to the wood at one place, as an example. They are NOT museum quality.

TY for the insight . I always wanted to go there...but alas it is no more.

#979 2 years ago

We can confirm the technical difficulties are not the result of the internet connection or bandwidth…Please stay patient as Captains gets the issues figured out. He will continue soon. Thanks for watching and bidding!

#980 2 years ago

I feel terrible for everyone involved in this mess. Such a waste of peoples' time.
It's 2021 and they can't even get a fast internet connection.

Unreal

(perhaps not a bandwidth problem after reading the post above?)

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from museumofpinball:

We can confirm the technical difficulties are not the result of the internet connection or bandwidth…Please stay patient as Captains gets the issues figured out. He will continue soon. Thanks for watching and bidding!

Good news! Thanks for posting here!

#982 2 years ago

Thanks for watching and bidding!

Just watching...

#983 2 years ago

5 pins an hour

#984 2 years ago

You aren't going to get this fixed quickly given the numbers online, but these prices aren't worth waiting for.

#985 2 years ago

Who the FIZNUCK would pay over $5k for WATERFUCKIN'WORLD!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

#986 2 years ago

OK Nitro Ground Shaker was the only one of real interest to me today. The hammer price was $2300 for a final cash price of $2839. My max hammer if I were bidding was $1458, for a final cost of $1800. I am pretty sure I can get a nice one for that range some day.

I have 13 on my list for tomorrow, it will be interesting to see what they go for. I'll check in on the final prices as I get time, but mostly this is a complete waste.

#987 2 years ago

Waterwold $6125

Did they already filled building with pot ??

#988 2 years ago

eBay half off

7FE348C9-D6A3-4170-A532-698D4E788D75 (resized).png7FE348C9-D6A3-4170-A532-698D4E788D75 (resized).png
#989 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

OK Nitro Ground Shaker was the only one of real interest to me today. The hammer price was $2300 for a final cash price of $2839. My max hammer if I were bidding was $1458, for a final cost of $1800. I am pretty sure I can get a nice one for that range some day.
I have 13 on my list for tomorrow, it will be interesting to see what they go for. I'll check in on the final prices as I get time, but mostly this is a complete waste.

Those are just insane prices from people who have no clue about pinball, it would seem. Yeah, I have 1 tonight and 6 tomorrow, but given what we've seen, I will expect to stick to our normal markets. What is the average price on that Nitro? Your bid mirror my own thinking.

#990 2 years ago

Water world 4900 + 25%

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Waterwold $5750
Did they already filled building with pot ??

I've played this there, and in tournament. Not a game I'd consider terrible, but I wouldn't pay even 1 Benjamin for it. Nowhere near good enough to justify the space it would take up.

#992 2 years ago

Any guess on Spanish Eyes? Surely not four digits... egad!

#993 2 years ago

$6,161 for a Waterworld,

#994 2 years ago

Anyone making a spreadsheet compared to pinside price?

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Any guess on Spanish Eyes? Surely not four digits... egad!

I'm gonna say $1500

#996 2 years ago

Can we all agree this has been a pumped up scam from it's conception?

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I'm gonna say $1500

$2200( incl fees)

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

Can we all agree this has been a pumped up scam from it's conception?

All fax no printer baby. Chris and John are (literally) laughing all the way to the bank

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I'm gonna say $1500

The EMs will be an interesting barometer, as they hold a decidedly minority audience within the hobby.
(I'm generally as fond of them as NV, but I don't notice many fellow travelers within our local Pin community . . . . )

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/20?hl=famdockevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.