20230601_100120 (resized).jpg
20230601_100100 (resized).jpg
20230601_095517 (resized).jpg
20230601_095500 (resized).jpg
20230601_095426 (resized).jpg
20230601_095139(0) (resized).jpg
20230601_095123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 97.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I probably went by those, not my favorite era, I tended to go to the older EMs and then to the newer machines.
You can't play them all. One time I thought I was going to try, I think I got close to playing 100 different ones and my eyes were bleeding and brain was twitching.

Yep, I hear that. For me it was more a matter of continuous standing and playing for hours on end, or at least trying to. Had to take brief rest breaks on those infrequent small couches between the rows of machines. I don't recall the MoP ever having at least a few of those tall chairs or barstools (at the pins) like you could find at the first two iterations of PHOF, or some other larger venues. Could be wrong about that though. This ended up being extra hard on attendees with certain infirmities or mobility issues.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Have you seen the price of shipping a container lately? Probably one thing you won't have to worry about this time.

From WSJ:

The average price world-wide to ship a 40-foot container has more than quadrupled from a year ago, to $8,399 as of July 1, according to a global pricing index by London-based Drewry Shipping Consultants Ltd. The measure has surged 53.5% since the first week of May.

Listed prices to ship from China to major ports in Europe and the U.S. West Coast are closer to $12,000 a container, by Drewry’s measure, and some companies say they are being charged $20,000 for last-minute agreements to get goods onto outbound vessels.

#553 2 years ago

Yes, now seeing a lot of the machines I remember, the order sounds close to how they were arranged on the floor. There are a lot of good ones in there...

#554 2 years ago

Definitely more good games in the mix for day 1 now, and yes, mostly from the back of the room and right-most aisle. Also going around the back and back-left walls in order right to left. At this rate, with 4 hours more to work with on the next two days, he could do the main building games the first 3 days and leave the warehouse / other building games for the second weekend.

Anyone out my way got a truck handy if the prices are right?

#555 2 years ago

You think they'll catch up with photos for everything? I'm assuming yes but they've stalled out on updating that.

#556 2 years ago

I don't see any reason they won't have the photos up in plenty of time. I think what they've done is go through the building to catalog what's where, create an item number for each, and will get to the photos as they work through things. It also looks like, given the numbering, they chose to include some of the more modern games (e.g. mid-300's lots) from the outer aisle on the first day just so it's not all 40-year-old games on day 1. Most of day 1 is the back third of the room, but not all of it.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

You think they'll catch up with photos for everything? I'm assuming yes but they've stalled out on updating that.

Going from past auctions, sometimes all photos aren't posted until the day of the auction. Hopefully that won't be the case for this auction though.

#558 2 years ago

Single 120k jpg of each playfield. Good luck bidding. Well played seller.

blury (resized).pngblury (resized).png

#559 2 years ago

There will be NO bargains there, I can assure you.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

There will be NO bargains there, I can assure you.

I bet there will be. And this is a pretty unprecedented setup so I'd say nothing is assured.

#561 2 years ago

The bulk of EM, and SS were listed on the Auction website.
No new pictures yet.
All of the rarer SS are there, so it looks like the collection is intact, and not scalped.

Still missing a few William's SS early 80's, and the Zacarias. And the Bally Skateball is missing?

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

That's strange, I don't recall any of those pinball machines from my trips to the museum, except I do remember a Comet there. Maybe those just weren't on my radar, there are 800 or so of them after all.

You did not miss them. A bunch of these came in the last year. We just set them up and play tested most of these Gots in the last 8 months.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

You did not miss them. A bunch of these came in the last year. We just set them up and play tested most of these Gots in the last 8 months.

I sold you guys the Q Bert. Looks like they got it working nicely.

#564 2 years ago

Website now updated to 689 lots. Lot numbers that were skipped before have been mostly filled in, largely with arcade games. More pins added at the end through lot #661, mostly EMs; lots 670-767 are more arcade games.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/80

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

Website now updated to 689 lots. Lot numbers that were skipped before have been mostly filled in, largely with video games.
https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/80

Hmm so they are gonna go through 15 pages of items in one day on an auction that starts at 3pm on Sept 10? If so they will have to move very very fast, much faster than they usually do. Unless I'm misunderstanding it and all it means is that the 689 item auction starts on Sept 10, they do as many as they can that day then the rest spill over to Sept 11, and then to Sept 12?

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

they do as many as they can that day then the rest spill over to Sept 11, and then to Sept 12?

That'd be my guess unless Chris plans to speed up his normal pace. I'll ask him when I see him Sunday.

#567 2 years ago

DATES AND TIMES (Tentative Lot Schedule Subject to change)

FRIDAY SEPT. 10th @ 3:00pm PST (Lot #1 - 131)
SATURDAY SEPT. 11th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #132 - 520)
SUNDAY SEPT. 12th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #525 - 767)
&
FRIDAY SEPT. 24th @ 3:00pm PST (TBD)
SATURDAY SEPT. 25th @ 11:00am PST (TBD)
SUNDAY SEPT. 26th @ 11:00am PST (TBD)

#568 2 years ago

Ahhh thanks for that, makes sense. Finally found as well where that info is on the website:

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/info/id/80

#569 2 years ago

There going to be a lot of games for sale. The arcade side including the cafeteria and kids room total about 632 games. Most of them working..
Maybe 400 to 500 games in off site storage.
Most of them projects.

20210822_145132 (resized).jpg20210822_145132 (resized).jpg
#571 2 years ago

Luckily that fire is 60% contained as of three hours ago...

#572 2 years ago

As far as most of us are aware, TMoP put the previously very obscure Banning on the map. Once this is all over, why would anyone have any reason to venture back that way ? (Yes, there is that outlet mall with all the ridiculously overpriced "premium" goods, like the "on sale" Burberry raincoats that start at around $800., and go way up from there.) Otherwise, probably just keep driving on to PS, or Coachella if that ever gets going again.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

As far as most of us are aware, TMoP put the previously very obscure Banning on the map. Once this is all over, why would anyone have any reason to venture back that way ? (Yes, there is that outlet mall with all the ridiculously overpriced "premium" goods, like the "on sale" Burberry raincoats that start at around $800., and go way up from there.) Otherwise, probably just keep driving on to PS, or Coachella if that ever gets going again.

I assure you, not even the MOP put Banning on the map...

#574 2 years ago

I’m wondering when they are going to list the second weekend. The first weekend is a pass

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

But do stop at Hadleys and grab some goodies, and for sure get a date shake for the road. I went through there recently on a hot day with traffic on the 10, and that shake was one of the most delicious things I have ever drank. Or drunk. Or drinkedted.

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

But do stop at Hadleys and grab some goodies, and for sure get a date shake for the road. I went through there recently on a hot day with traffic on the 10, and that shake was one of the most delicious things I have ever drank. Or drunk. Or drinkedted.

Is an earlier report that that 50's themed diner is kaput accurate ?

#577 2 years ago

The old building has been gone for a while, it had the old diner with all the cool autographed pics on the wall. (Well the building itself is still sitting there, around the corner, but its empty). There is still a similar diner in the back, but more modern. But the new building is pretty nice really. Its a big setup and they are very efficient. When I rolled through there in June, they were doing a booming business. The line for the data shakes and food was pretty long, I almost wasn't going to wait, but they cranked everyone through pretty quickly. Great place to stock up on all sorts of fruit, nuts, breads, candy and such.

#578 2 years ago

Megaload up to lot # 2013 now shown at Captain's Auction.

For the second half, pins start at lot # 890, then again at 1305.

Hint: Start at 1342 if you are looking for the latest, big bucks stuff. Its all in there.

I noticed that there is a "Jolly Park" (#989), I saw that pop up in the game room thread and thought it looked pretty cool. I never had heard of that one before. I wish I could have played it when the MOP was open, although I don't remember seeing it on the floor.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Megaload up to lot # 2013 now shown at Captain's Auction.
For the second half, pins start at lot # 890, then again at 1305.
Hint: Start at 1342 if you are looking for the latest, big bucks stuff. Its all in there.
I noticed that there is a "Jolly Park" (#989), I saw that pop up in the game room thread and thought it looked pretty cool. I never had heard of that one before. I wish I could have played it when the MOP was open, although I don't remember seeing it on the floor.

The jolly park was set up for play in the back left corner area if I recall. By the Hercules. Roughly.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

The jolly park was set up for play in the back left corner area if I recall. By the Hercules. Roughly.

Dang it! How could I have missed that? I walked through there a hundred times, and played Hercules a few times. Shame on me.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Dang it! How could I have missed that? I walked through there a hundred times, and played Hercules a few times. Shame on me.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3b2443db079ea4a2d89f8086d190fae745d3423e-1630079387-1800"};
//]]>

Mike Pacak has a Jolly Park and always brought it to Expo. Once Berk gets deposed and Pacek runs Expo again, it can be played there.

#582 2 years ago

wow, 1322 lots

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Once Berk gets deposed and Pacek runs Expo again,

Thanks man, I needed a laugh today.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

It was never playable when I was there (although that was only for the last 3 INDISCs)

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Thanks man, I needed a laugh today.

Well, if Barry O. can elude that Deeproot Pinball isn't dead, why not have a glimmer of hope that Mike will return to eXpO?

#586 2 years ago

It looks like they are not holding anything back. Even Magic Girl is now listed.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

It looks like they are not holding anything back. Even Magic Girl is now listed.

all right, NOW it's a party!

#588 2 years ago

There is an ACDC Back in Black in there. That should be interesting.

Would be nice if there was a search function, since they are in no particular order.

Edit: No sooner did I type that, I found the advance search function

#589 2 years ago

Yes, 99% of the floor games are now listed.
And a few more, apparently John kept buying through covid.
There is a walk through video on captains facebook up now.
They wedged in dozens of games into the center of the aisles.

And Yes Banning is nothing but a place to stop for Gas, then get the hell out, on the way to civilization.
Remember the first thing you see getting off the freeway is a Bail Bonds business.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Mike Pacak has a Jolly Park and always brought it to Expo. Once Berk gets deposed and Pacek runs Expo again, it can be played there.

Keep dreaming

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

There are a handful of machines I saw there that are absent. Defender is probably the most notable; they only made a few hundred of those (great game!). Barracora, Alien Poker, Frontier and Amazon Hunt were the others I remember that I don't see, but there could be a few more. Otherwise, yes, they're putting it all in - Verne's World, Big Bang Bar, the Avengers and Pirates OTC whitewoods, etc.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Yes, 99% of the floor games are now listed.
And a few more, apparently John kept buying through covid.
There is a walk through video on captains facebook up now.
They wedged in dozens of games into the center of the aisles.
And Yes Banning is nothing but a place to stop for Gas, then get the hell out, on the way to civilization.
Remember the first thing you see getting off the freeway is a Bail Bonds business.

Yeah I see a GNR CE. The list is legit now. As Gene Kranz said “Go luck to all of you”

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from bobmathuse:

There are a handful of machines I saw there that are absent. Defender is probably the most notable; they only made a few hundred of those (great game!). Barracora, Alien Poker, Frontier and Amazon Hunt were the others I remember that I don't see, but there could be a few more. Otherwise, yes, they're putting it all in - Verne's World, Big Bang Bar, the Avengers and Pirates OTC whitewoods, etc.

frontier is a cheap title, not sure why it's missing.

#594 2 years ago

A handful of games were loaners, until John could find a copy.
Also many games were brought in for indisc, by that crew.
But it looks like 99.9 are there.
A friend of mine picked up some games last week that he had loaned to John, but they were in storage.

Man that walk through is just depressing.
Seeing the Museum fall apart is just awful.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Have you tried to buy one? Just a question, as my 7th graders would say.

#596 2 years ago

Only 1850 Frontiers built, how many survived?
From what I've heard people dig this game.
I've never seen one for sale in Socal.
So its semi rare.
I have only played it once, so jury is out for me.

#597 2 years ago

They really don't say much about the condition of the games and the pictures aren't high resolution enough to help much.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

They really don't say much about the condition of the games and the pictures aren't high resolution enough to help much.

They’re worn out. Some of the newer pins were decent. Don’t expect HUO

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

They’re worn out. Some of the newer pins were decent. Don’t expect HUO

+1. Even the newer games were not in great shape. Expect at the very least to have to adjust the flippers.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Might have been a gift to the owner, The frontier. I seem to recall playing an immaculately restored frontier in the beginning of the museum. I have a pic somewhere of me playing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,808 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-pinball-museum-to-relocate/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.