Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cheddar
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

This idea started on a lark about a month ago as Details of the Banning Museum Of Pinball Auction became more clear.

This is a Discussion thread...However this seems the best place to Start.

What is this Thread? I will transport your Pins and Arcades to either of the 2 events above!
    Pin a Go Go in Dixon on October 7th-10th. California Extreme in San Jose New location for this off year event, Oct 16-17.
    I know there are many Shipping services people can use. Looking into pricing for what they offer, I'm offering a more personal Hands on, attention to detail transport service.
    Pricing will depend on the volume and number of machines to either Event. Ballpark approximate Cost $125-$175 per piece.
    Hard to figure this out because everyone needs to Win there machines. So come Monday the 13th this puzzle will start to come together.
    This all started with 1 friend asking, then he told his friend, then I've had dealing's with some Nor Cal friends recently, I told them, then they gave out my phone number. The Ball is in motion on this Big Time.

I Have lots of experience moving machines. Not as much as some, but more than most. I've personally have had about 100 machines in my career.
    I own an escalara and have rented myself out to those types of moves in the past.
    I am an Avid collector and care about every nick and ding on every machine, almost OCD to this matter and take great care when moving machines.
    Frankly, most damage you see on any of your pins is from it's move, or past move. They really don't get that much damage on location or in our homes.
    I also have experience shipping c-containers to Australia full of pins.
    I operate heavy equipment for my job and have years of experience driving much more expensive loads for film and television.
    I have packed up and shipped 100's of Ballet's and Big time musicals from venue to venue. (IATSE)

How do I let Eric pick up my machine?
    You will register at https://captainsauctionwarehouse.com/ . You will bid and win your own games. You will make arrangements and pay for your games.
    You will then contact me and let me know the quantity and Names of your winnings. You will then Contact Captains Auction After the weekend is over, Monday the 13th or that week, you will then let them know I am picking up your game. It will be released to No Other after payment until I get there with Truck over that week. There will most liekly be a paper document I will forward, then you sign and return to me before pick-up.
    The Size of Truck will be determined after the Total of machines is determined.
    I Have a Long Relationship with Captains Auction warehouse. Been buying and selling there for years. The Auction house itself is 20 minutes from me, so , there really used to seeing me all the time. Banning is about 90 minutes from me with good traffic.
    I have also been one of the volunteer techs since practically the beginning and have first hand knowledge of the Museum, management, and many of the techs.

What will the service include?
    I will be at Banning on all 6 auction days. I would not miss this Once in a Lifetime Auction.
    I will open and expect machine first. Many of these machines have spare parts and manuals inside them. These will be boxed up, and most likely placed safely under playfield at very rear of game.
    I will remove the balls.
    I will double cardboard glass before lowering heads. This is a case by case basis as I am very aware all games pack up differently.
    I will make sure backglasses and translights are secure, and not come loose during transport. I often use blue painters tape and double make sure they wont shift or come loose.
    Head will now be shrink wrapped to game for transport.
    I will fold up and remove legs and bundle, and label with same blue 2 inch painters tape.
    These will then be transported to Truck and be secured in rows as truck fills. They will have packing blankets surround. They will be separated and secure row by row with bracing and lock bars. Wood blocks and etc.., to prevent any shifting of loads.
    Your game will be safely stored until transport to either event.
    All shipping loads Will be insured for transport Only.
    You will then meet me at events.

For Pin a Go Go I prefer to have you meet me the late afternoon of the 7th, or on Thur morning the 8th for pick-up.
    If not, the safest place for your pin would be on event floor. This will be a case by case basis.
    You will have my Phone number and Full name.
    No Phone calls during auction. However, Couple texts ok. But remember I'm dealing with 7 people so far. I will not have time to run from game to game for condition reports. Gladly answer 1 or 2 direct questions, lets face it, the whole event will be hectic.
    I do not need to Know Your WISH LIST prior to Auction. Privacy is fine, many have lists, I don't want to get in the middle of any sort of that situation.

Once Again this is a very complicated venture. The auction, number of machines, transport, lots of people.
    I personally have had many machines and need nothing. There are really only 2 machines I'm interested in and already feel they will bid above my benchmark.
    Expect pricing to go High. The WORD IS OUT COAST TO COAST. Will there be a deal or 2, maybe, but don't count on it.
    Make a list. Take your benchmark price in total for a machine, now subtract 25%. This is now your bidding top end. Example 5K for a pin, so 4k would be your last bid.
    Its easy to get carried away at an auction and pay to much for something. Remember, you still have to pay me.(Tips appreciated)

If the number of machines is small, the price will be higher. The more pins the better to make a group effort to lower price.
    Not doing this to get rich. Frankly, it already sounds like a lot of hassle and work. (i'm Honest here)
    Doing this to help out some Nor Cal Friends and give a few a chance to get stuff they normally wouldn't have time for.
    My Time, packing, truck, gas, transport are money.
    Please also remember this Hobby. You may still have to work on any machine you buy.
    The Volunteer techs have had very few days to work since March of 2020.

Please Ask Questions in this Thread.
    Thank You.
    Eric

#2 2 years ago

Of Course if your anywhere up the 5 or 101 on the way to PAGG or CAX, a drop on the way can happen.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Eric is a solid dude, and will take great care of your game(s).

Ahh shucks buddy. Thank You.
    Will I see you Friday?

#5 2 years ago

Already had a really good question.
    This is a 6 day auction. 3 days starting this Friday, and 3 days starting Fri Sept 24th.
    All games are currently on day 1.
    This will not happen.
    Look for all 6 days to get divided and shuffled up this week by Thursday.
    There will most likely be a mix of Arcades and pins on all 6 days with the amount of games different for all 6.
    Rumor is the first day will be about 200 pieces.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I was told that the order things are currently in us how they are going to stay.
    Schedule is as follows:
    FRIDAY SEPT. 10th @ 3:00pm PST (Lot #1 - 131)
    SATURDAY SEPT. 11th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #132 - 520)
    SUNDAY SEPT. 12th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #525 - 767)
    FRIDAY SEPT. 24th @ 3:00pm PST (Lot #800 - 937)
    SATURDAY SEPT. 25th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #940 - 1223)
    SUNDAY SEPT. 26th @ 11:00am PST (Lot #1225 - 1386)

Thank you. I did not see that.
    I must say with Captains you never know.
    The games could change order this week based on past practices with auction.
    Hopefully not.
    Once again, Thanks for the heads up.

#12 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone Pm'ing me.
    I took yesterday off....I will respond to everyone in order today.

San Diego- Who else besides the pinhead who messaged me needs Delivery to San Diego area?

No- I am not Driving to Expo in Chicago! It would have to be 20 machines at $450 each (STI and Beltman are about the same price)
    However, this is not a recommendation to ever ship pins with those 2 companies.

#13 2 years ago

Lots of Replies sent out to all.
    One good question came up.
    Will I just deliver to the Orange County Are? YES---This is much easier than long hauling. This question also made someone sign up for pinside just to send me message. So, that is awesome!

If no one has noticed I'm being vague here on this thread to protect privacy of those bidding and some logistics of what there bidding on.
    I will not post names and content in this thread to after the Auction has fully ended on 27th.

#14 2 years ago

Another question to address;
    I will be in constant contact with you like a Real shipping service. You will receive pictures via text at pickup and breakdown, and truck storage.
    The load of Truck will be insured for the total value.
    Everyone will be required to give me your phone number and be in touch with me day prior to drop-offs.

#16 2 years ago

Well shucks. Many of us are kicking the dirt and leaving empty handed.
    Quick update. There is still a load coming to PAGG. At this point it has no Banning winnings, but still making a few deliveries of other stuff.
    So, hold your wallet and bidding tight. Stick to target price, watch it soar above that and move on.

#17 2 years ago

Update. Happy auction hangover Monday gang.
    Pm me if you won a game and still need transport.
    I do have 2 customers with winnings so a trailer or truck is coming to pagg.
    So far, nothing for cax, but not ruling out transport to that event yet.

#18 2 years ago

3 days of Auction left starting Friday.
    This venture is still in place and available.
    I had 20 prospects, 15 were serious Bidders.
    Only 1 person got a machine, .
    3 machines are still coming to Dixon, so there is still a truck or trailer coming.
    If you win a game and would like transport to Dixon on Oct 8th. Pm me with your intent.

#19 2 years ago

BIG AUCTION WEEKEND UPDATE!!!!!!!
    In 48 hours the big second week of auction begins.
    Still plenty of room if you need a game picked up and brought to PAGG.
    Im still arriving late in the day on the 7th to meet me for game pick up, and will be there all weekend.

I went and made a pick-up Monday for a winner. Little sad seeing the place slowly get gutted.

Pm me anytime for the next week if you win and need a pick-up.
    I will post last call when truck goes out again between the 29th and Oct 4th.

#20 2 years ago

Preview Starts in 3 Hours. Good luck to all!

#21 2 years ago

Last day of Auction.
    Lots of action yesterday.
    I have 2 local pick-ups and 3 machines now coming to PAGG.
    Looking like a Wed or Friday pick up and trailer for machines. I only rent covered trailers.
    This is kind of a group buy event. The more machines the cheaper the transport.
    I've been told by those reaching out to me that NAV and Beltman charge about 300-450 just for a 100 mile drop off here in California.
    PM me with your interest then let me know if you win something. Already been to museum twice since the first weekend and Captains staff is aware of my transportation service.

#22 2 years ago

Anybody win anything this weekend and need transport to PAGG?
    I'm going Wednesday, but you really need to let me know by tomorrow.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

And the same from me. I tried to get something from the auction, but no chance in heck.
    Again, thanks for providing this service!

I'm bringing games from Banning to PAGG, which will be on floor to play!!!

#26 2 years ago

I only got 1 non working game. Will see what I can do in 7 days. May bring up, it won't be for sale.

#27 2 years ago

Pick up today was a....bitter sweet experience to say the least.
    Time was hectic and focused on my job. I wanted to look around and clock was ticking.
    So much, so many, so little time.

#28 2 years ago

List is closed!
    All pick ups made.
    See you all in Banning.

#29 2 years ago

Bringijg a ton of stuff up for Sat Dixon swap meet.

#30 2 years ago

I'm here and Banning drop offs went great!
    Thanks to those who trusted me with there expensive pins!
    I currently have 5 games coming home Sunday to so cal.
    If anyone needs transport from show to so cal PM me.
    $150 one way. I can deliver Late Sunday or on Monday.

#31 2 years ago

I am not going to CAX next weekend now.
    I have to work sadly.

#32 2 years ago

Changed topic title.
    See you all next year!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banning-auction-winnings-to-pagg-or-cax-transport-service?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.