Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flame suit (resized).jpg
    2B39795E-64BD-4E81-BFD4-9454296A5A7E (resized).png

#1 34 days ago

Well didn't take long for the banning prices to kick in.

2B39795E-64BD-4E81-BFD4-9454296A5A7E (resized).png

#2 33 days ago

Don't blame them. What you have to remember about that auction is if someone that is bidding makes a million a year and he drops $10K on a older game then that's just a drop in the bucket for him. To the guy that only makes $50K per year, we'll, thats a lot of money. All depends on your income and how badly you want it. It sure makes my $4K Judge Dredd look like the best deal on the planet right now.

John

#3 33 days ago

Methinks he should have included the auction fee and sales tax too to make his game's firm price look even more like the Steal of the Century.

#4 33 days ago

Misleading title.

#5 33 days ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Misleading title.

Ads

#6 33 days ago

Haha not what I meant.

#7 33 days ago

In the last year or so it seems that many ads for games have gotten really salesy, so I don’t think that this comes to anyone’s surprise. Usually giving some lame ass excuse on why the price is justified. I’ve often wondered if people were just trying to live out their fantasy of being a used car salesman or testing to see how stupid people can be. It has been working but eventually those type of sales tactics run their course and people become more aware. To the moon!

#8 33 days ago

Ill sell my collection for 5x normal value and say “my cousins friend knows a guy who paid 10x this amount!”

Nice!

#9 33 days ago

I am confused on this post. It is a Rob Zombie for sale at the normal going rate of around $5k.

#10 33 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am confused on this post. It is a Rob Zombie for sale at the normal going rate of around $5k.

It is.

The OP is outraged that the seller dared to mention the Banning auction however.

Get used to it. We’ll be hearing about that for years. It’s the new “pinball wizard.”

#11 33 days ago

I'm looking forward to pinside ads that state: "It's bright, tight, and ready to fight!"

#12 33 days ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I'm looking forward to pinside ads that state: "It's bright, tight, and ready to fight!"

Funny, I asked my buddy who was at the auction if a game I was interested in was "bright and tight" he said more like " Dim and loose"
    Ha.
    I didn't buy it.
    B

#13 33 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The OP is outraged

Lol I didn’t sense outrage from the post. Just funny how quick it took for someone to include it in their sales post, especially considering it’s listed for what they are going for. I think we need to start an inside joke to post on any ads that mention banning.

#boughtitatbanning

#14 33 days ago

I took it as a bit of a joke, or just a simple dig. This is someone who has been active on Pinside a long time. While you never know what might show up from someone who registers new, I doubt if any Pinsider would make any serious reference to the Banning sale in their ad. Unless they were like

flame suit (resized).jpg
    #15 33 days ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I took it as a bit of a joke, or just a simple dig. The actual asking price is more than reasonable, I think?? This is someone who has been active on Pinside a long time. While you never know what might show up from someone who registers new, I doubt if any Pinsider would make any serious reference to the Banning sale in their ad. Unless they were like[quoted image]

The actual asking price is more than reasonable, I think??

#16 33 days ago

What's the problem? It's an open market.

#17 33 days ago
    Quoted from ruralcollector:

I’ve often wondered if people were just trying to live out their fantasy of being a used car salesman or testing to see how stupid people can be.

"What's it going to take to get you into this pinball....today?!"

"You really shouldn't get this pinball without adding the extra rust protection and fabric protection!"

"You want to offer me X$ ?. I'll have to ask my manager...."

"Don't forget the 'Market Adjustment Fee'!" (aka Dealer mark-up) - sadly, this one is already happening

Later,
    EV

#18 33 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What's the problem? It's an open market.

I don’t think anyone here is arguing about open markets. Just laughing at people who use the most extreme example of a price to justify theirs. In this case the seller didn’t need to do that because the game was already priced in line with what the current market value is. It will be really fun when we start seeing junky EMs that mention Banning listed at 2-3k.

#19 33 days ago

I got to thinking about this, and a few things came to mind. I’m wondering how clever the seller may be.

First though I have a question. How often would you suppose that a pinball machine placed for sale here at Pinside is bought by someone who is completely outside of Pinside, or possibly never even heard of Pinside before? I always would think only someone at Pinside would buy from a Pinside ad, because who else would see it? Well, there are search engines, and Google definitely indexes Pinside.

Try this.

Google: rob zombie spookshow pinball for sale

A number of different ones show up, but not this one, not on the first several pages.

Now Google: rob zombie spookshow pinball for sale banning

The exact same search string but with banning added at the end.

Boom, #1 hit.

That’s marketing.

#20 32 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

What's the problem?

Some people feel entitled to the lowest prices….. presented to them in a format that fits them best.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside