(Topic ID: 36720)

Banned!

By bigehrl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOW.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

censorship (especially when it’s selective) doesn’t help anyone.

I always enjoy your posts Jon but the whole "internet censorship" issue is just so old and overplayed.
    This isn't a website run by our tax dollars (or your missing donation heart), this is a private website run by people, and you follow what they say, or you leave, It isn't a hard thing to comprehend.
    This also isn't a court of law with ex post facto law. If the owners/mods say stop doing something, and the only defense is "Buuuut Mooooommmm...you never said we can't do that..." is just childish. Sure I guess having a week timeout is kind of childish too but whatever. You piss too many people off you get banned...nothing new for this site or anywhere else.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

We probably need to be more diligent in the future when it comes to closing down threads such as that before they spiral out of control.

What's the point? You'll just be answering basically the same questions in one of the many "how come this thread was closed?...how come they are closing threads? where's my thread...etc etc.

Now it's the mods fault that people can;t have a discussion without spiraling out of control? Recock.

#72 11 years ago

Wow what a mess.

#104 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think it's just a matter of being consistent and that thread was certainly beyond the point that many other "on topic" threads have been locked.

I totally understand what you are saying, it's just a non issue from my perspective.

So now the Mods should email each other and have a vote aboot closing threads and if it meets the guidelines of the last thread they closed? It's just silly.

Quoted from starfighter:

It doesn't happen all the time, but every once in a while I scratch my head and wonder what the hell is going on.

And that effects you how? You scratch your head and....so what? I don't mean that agressivly or rudely, it's just...what's the big deal? A thread gets closed and you don't understand why...but you should?

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Look at the OP ... 6 down thumbs and 6 up thumbs.

Right, a group of us can't agree on anything but you want them to have a pow-wow aboot it before they close a thread? What if one mod is out getting ice cream for his kids...gotta wait till he get back to lock up a thread? Just silly.

Quoted from bigehrl:

if anyone thinks i had any idea what would happen when i posted this...
    you're right!
    -jon

Wow..real puppet master

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I assume their ability to "rise above" is one reason they were made a mod.

Is that really what you think?

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would hope. Obviously from my previous comments I am aware that it is not always the case.

Well you can stop hoping cause that isn't what happens on any website. Little boys don't drink their milk and study homework nightly to grow up to be a great poster, and then finally graduate MOD University.

#190 11 years ago

This dialog has a flow to it?

#192 11 years ago

Feels like a routed TZ with a crappy coil under the scoop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banned?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.