(Topic ID: 36720)

Banned!

By bigehrl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOW.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#92 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i think the gun thread is very political and in clear violation of the no politics rule, myself. Can i start posting nude titty pics now?

I think 'no politics' rules are stupid (Pinside is far from the only place with such a rule), and people who get upset by those debates or can't handle them, should just stay out. One of the reasons the world is in such a mess is that the common man rarely discusses politics - people should be exposed to raw dialogue between those who are governed rather than what the TV feeds them. On a forum I run we allow people to have political arguments if they like, it's never been an issue.

Particularly liked the part about lost karma. Very funny.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I come to Pinside to get away from gun and political talk.

Generally speaking so do I, which is why I don't click on those topics, in the off topic section.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Nothing wrong with a good discussion about politics, in the right place. A pinball forum isn't the right place. There are tens of thousands of political forums out there. Same goes for guns. Hell, there's probably at least a hundred that combine discussions of both politics and guns. Google is your friend. This ain't the place.

Does it have as many members as pinside does? Is it completely public, like pinside?

Thing is, most people don't go to political forums. Since they're only exposed to what media rubs in their noses (true or false) they can have a .. somewhat naive view on the world at times. For this reason, in my opinion political threads in off topic from time to time are somewhat interesting and valuable.

And yes it's a pretty busy forum, not as constantly active as Pinside is now, but there's a good 8000+ members and the door is as wide open as you can get. We get visitors from the US, UK Russia, Germany, China, Japan and everywhere inbetween. Mostly seems to police itself, but it's been around in various forms since the late 90s. Maybe we just got lucky, or maybe it's a side effect of a community that has had that much time to settle and mature - there's a critical mass of people who know how to behave.

Still laughing about someone thinking the karma loss mattered. It's really just a post counter.

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

In one country out of 196. i can see why you want this to be a dominating Pinball Thread.

It was in the off topic section though.

I dunno, I mostly come to Pinside for the Predator thread.

That's very nearly a good idea for a t-shirt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banned?tu=system11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.