(Topic ID: 36720)

Banned!

By bigehrl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOW.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#59 11 years ago

So TFA got banned for a week - big deal. I could feel his blood pressure rising thru the PC screen with each of his posts. Let the moderators do their job and give him some time to chill out before he has a stroke. You never know, the ban may have saved his life.

#102 11 years ago

I agree with TaylorVA. The problem is consistency regarding threads. Members are getting mixed signals from the some of the moderators. Each Mod uses his own judgement when making decisions and that can lead to different interpretations on what action should be taken in any given thread. It doesn't happen all the time, but every once in a while I scratch my head and wonder what the hell is going on.

I do think they are doing a very good job, but I think the site would be served better if they put forth a united front across the board.

Just sayin'

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I totally understand what you are saying, it's just a non issue from my perspective.
    So now the Mods should email each other and have a vote aboot closing threads and if it meets the guidelines of the last thread they closed? It's just silly.

Why not? They email and vote about bans already and I'm sure they email and discuss closing threads.

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

They use their own judgment?! Oh the humanity!
    You think maybe that's why it take THREE votes from three different moderators to get a temporary ban?

3 votes is fine with me. No argument there. My problem ( if you could call it that ) is the disconnect between the Mods on what action should be taken and when.

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And that effects you how? You scratch your head and....so what? I don't mean that agressivly or rudely, it's just...what's the big deal? A thread gets closed and you don't understand why...but you should?

That was an example of the mixed signals from the Mods. I see threads that get closed and then I see a thread that I expect to get closed and they go on and on.

It's just an observation. Look at the OP ... 6 down thumbs and 6 up thumbs.

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, a group of us can't agree on anything but you want them to have a pow-wow aboot it before they close a thread? What if one mod is out getting ice cream for his kids...gotta wait till he get back to lock up a thread? Just silly.

The point isn't about email, it's about mixed signals. Look further up in this very thread and you'll find two Mods with completely different points of view on whether guns should be a banned topic.

I'm not tying to create an argument, I'm simply making a comment about some inconsistencies with the way decisions are made sometimes, that's all.

#170 11 years ago

sanc·tioned, sanc·tion·ing, sanc·tionsb.

3. To penalize, especially for violating a moral principle or international law.
    4. The penalty for noncompliance specified in a law or decree.
    5. A penalty, specified or in the form of moral pressure, that acts to ensure compliance or conformity.
    6. A coercive measure adopted usually by several nations acting together against a nation violating international law

#180 11 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

1. Give official permission or approval for (an action).
    So, the choice of wording was ambiguous.
    am·big·u·ous
    1. (of language) Open to more than one interpretation; having a double meaning.
    2. Unclear or inexact because a choice between alternatives has not been made.

Touche'

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider starfighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banned?tu=starfighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.