(Topic ID: 36720)

Banned!

By bigehrl

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOW.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I always enjoy your posts Jon but the whole "internet censorship" issue is just so old and overplayed.
    This isn't a website run by out tax dollars, this is a private website run by people, and you follow what they say, or you leave, It isn't a hard thing to comprehend.
    This also isn't a court of law with ex post facto law. If the owners/mods say stop doing something, and the only defense is "Buuuut Mooooommmm...you never said we can't do that..." is just childish.

This is exactly correct of course so I couldn't agree more.

I've been on so many different internet discussion forums it isn't funny, and on every one of them you always have a number of members that will raise "censorship" or even the 1st Amendment, neither of which apply to a moderated privately run forum.

Bottom line, we do *not* have any "rights" here.

#87 11 years ago

Didn't FlipperFingers get banned for creating an alternate identity to start that thread on Race and Pinball?

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Each Mod uses his own judgement when making decisions and that can lead to different interpretations on what action should be taken in any given thread.

They use their own judgment?! Oh the humanity!

You think maybe that's why it take THREE votes from three different moderators to get a temporary ban?

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

My family wishes I would get banned.

I lol'ed on that one!

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

I’ve personally witnessed, and participated in many unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, sexually-oriented, racially offensive, and profane posts on a daily basis from countless members of this site.

If this is what you are seeing and participating in on a "daily basis from countless members of this site" then maybe it's time to find a new site?

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Personally, I think the only thing that should be sanctioned is personal attacks.

lol

I don't think that sentence means what you think it means.

#172 11 years ago

"Explicit or official approval, permission, or ratification"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banned?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.