Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4458 (resized).PNG
IMG_4457 (resized).PNG
IMG_4459 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

Close your bank accounts asap. Cash your paychecks. If credit companies are sueing you....and take you to court....they typically win judgement and expect monthly payments. If you do not make the monthly payment....they will seize whatever funds in your bank account. Lost 4k that way

#17 7 years ago

Your health is most important as others mentioned. Anything you sell/liquidate to survive.....I promise you....you will get it back in time. Also, dont worry about your credit right now....it will rebuild. Ive gone thru this....and its no fun. I had a personal business that failed 9 years ago. Keep your chin up....and find a reasonably priced attorney. Also, keep any documentation of people you owe money to. The lawyer will want to see this.

1 week later
#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Please don't listen to this advice. Closing bank accounts and hiding money during a bankruptcy is a clear way to piss off a bankruptcy judge.
Companies can only garnish bank accounts and wages with a judgement against you. If you declare BK it should halt any proceedings until the bankruptcy is resolved.

You are dead wrong ..and clearly never filed for bankruptcy....or had a credit card company take you to court. I had my bank account funds taken before I filed for bankruptcy. I fell on difficult times and couldn't make the monthly payments on my Capital One Credit Card. I was sued by them and taken to court. They won and I was required by judgment to make the set forth monthly payment. When I failed to do that, the attorney's office froze and took 4k (4k I had just received from selling a vehicle to pay off debt) from my bank account....leaving me with .01 cent in my account. That's when I did file for bankruptcy. The OP stated they are being sued by a CC company. It is you who should not speculate on something you don't much about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stones.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bankruptcy-help-needed?tu=stones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.