Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4458 (resized).PNG
IMG_4457 (resized).PNG
IMG_4459 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piperpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The "Affordable Care Act" aka Obamacare tripled the cost of health insurance in my state and tripled the co-pay.
I used to pay $230/mo for $2500 deductible 80/20 insurance. It hadnt changed much in 15 years.
2017 rates are $1200/mo for $7800 deductible and 70/30 insurance for a single person. Double that for 2 people.
But at least I'm covered in case I get pregnant or my wife gets prostate disease.

Same here. $1,300 a month for 2016 and it will probably go up this year. I'm better off not having it and saving all the cash. Some doctors offer big discounts when paying with cash. Obummercare is a joke.

5 months later
#86 6 years ago

I filed BK in 2009. When the economy took a shit I had customers that went out of business and couldn't pay me. I lost everything both personally and professionally. Learned a lot from it. Especially on who your friends really are. Now I am more successful than I ever thought I be. Even more so than my neurosurgeon brother. Nothing wrong with starting over. However, it will stay on your credit report for 10 years. But you can still rebuild your credit score in the mean time with prepaid cards. I did, now its over 740 fico. Anyway, think positive and stay healthy. Work out daily and read lots of self help books > Like 'Think and Grow Rich' and 'Miracle on Luckie Street' by Bob Williamson.

NEVER FORGET: "You must become your own greatest invention" > John Hays Hammond.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thank you everyone.
The books mentioned, by bob Williamson. I am going to read those. I am also going to reread - good to great.
My courtroom visit was fairly painless. My paralegal assistant was fearful of my judiciator. There was no judge just her and an assistant. He seemed fearful of her.
I went up first. Bodak.
She was very cordial to me.
I could see that she was looking at my case, but not seeing anything fishy. Maybe she liked that. Her questions for me after reading my things were very few. My paralegal seemed very relieved after it ended quickly. Me too.
I hope the rest will continue to go smoothly. I didn't mean for things to go so bad in my life, but they did. This bankruptcy. Just a step, but An important step now.

Think and Grow Rich> is by Napoleon Hill

Great book!

IMG_4459 (resized).PNGIMG_4459 (resized).PNG

#90 6 years ago

IMG_4457 (resized).PNGIMG_4457 (resized).PNG

IMG_4458 (resized).PNGIMG_4458 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piperpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bankruptcy-help-needed?tu=piperpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.