Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by thevcrman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Buccaneer AX Reset relay (resized).jpg

#1 15 days ago

I have cleaned all contacts. The counters reset. The bar resets. AX relay never releases. Fixed a dozen bad connections to get to this point. Please help before I have fire in the backyard with it!
Thanks,
Paul

#2 15 days ago

Please ask a mod to move your thread to the electro-mechanical technical subforum. You've posted your issue in the early electronics game subforum - totally different beasts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-em

#3 15 days ago

OOPs, how do I do that?

#4 15 days ago

forceflow daditude tigerlaw , can one of you move this over to the EM tech area? Thanks.

#6 14 days ago

If the score motor is running and you manually trip the AX relay with your fingers, does the motor stop and kick out A ball?

#8 14 days ago
Quoted from thevcrman:

AX relay never releases.

Do you have a schematic for it? Here's part of the Buccanneer schematic that may be the same:
Buccaneer AX Reset relay (resized).jpg
You'll need to sort out why your AX relay isn't resetting. It could be that one of the 5 switches shown isn't closing or that the relay is magnetized or mechanically bound somehow. Start by measuring the resistance across the switches. Each one should measure an ohm or less when closed. If they all check out use a bulb tester (described elsewhere in the forum) to see if the AX Reset relay is getting a pulse at the end of reset.

/Mark

#9 14 days ago

Thanks so much for the help. I do have the schematic, wish I had a startup sequence. I will try that as soon as I get / make a bulb tester.

Paul

#10 12 days ago

Made a bulb tester, thanks for the information. I think my problem lies in the ball counter. I think the switches on the inside are missing spacers. Where can I get these switches.

Paul

#11 12 days ago
Quoted from thevcrman:

Where can I get these switches.

You can make them from parts
http://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm#common

#12 10 days ago

Great, thanks
Paul

#13 10 days ago

I’d post a picture here and then you’d get some feedback on whether the unit has been hacked up or not. Anything is possible, but I’d hate to see you buy a bunch of parts and do a bunch of work and still be stuck.

Regarding the startup sequence, I’d search pinside for the game and look at all the tagged threads to see if there’s one on walking through the startup to get some info. There’s almost always one that someone has had to go through before you . I continue to be amazed and pleased by all the archived info here that has helped me tremendously. It saves me from having to post new threads about my troubles.

Good luck,
Dave

#14 10 days ago

Here's a generic Gottlieb start-up sequence that may help:

http://www.pinballaustralia.com/startupG.htm

#15 9 days ago

Thank you to all for the great help. I actually got my Captain Fantastic working again because of it. Fixed the switch, still no connectivity through ball counter.

#16 3 days ago

Does anyone have a picture of the ball count mechanism, I think the one I have was rebuilt wrong.

Thanks,
Paul

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 10.00
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside