(Topic ID: 126418)

Bank Shot rollover switches question

By electricsquirrel

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I now have my Bank Shot up and running, but still need to get some of the bugs out of it.
The first is:
some of the number rollover switches will turn off and on the associated lights, but will not register a score. It seems as if the ball goes over them too fast this happens. I experimented with the gap on the leaf contacts, but that doesn't seem to affect it. Is there a latch on the relays that isn't working?
Is this just the nature of the beast?
Note, the machine sat idle a long time before I got it.

Thanks for any help!
E

#2 8 years ago

There is a bank under the Playfield that controls the scoring. You should here a buzz sound when a rollover is activated. I would clean the contacts on that bank. It is usually held in place by 2 wing nuts .loosen the wing nuts and the bank should swing down giving you access to the leaf switches that need to be cleaned.

#3 8 years ago

Will try this tonight.
Thank you.
eric

#4 8 years ago

The rollovers all feed their corresponding 1B through 12B sequence relays (along with the standup targets in the mix). These 1B - 12B relays are then connected to the series relay, P.

When P activates, a switch closing there activates the E relay (500/5000pt relay) through a normally closed score motor switch at 1C.

E should then lock on via a switch closing of its own and a normally closed switch at score motor 2B.

P de-activates as soon as the rollover switch that activated it opens.

So it's important that E gets energized and locks on before missing the signal from P.

A switch closing on E causes the score motor to run, in conjunction with a normally closed switch on P. So this sets up a possibly touchy timing scenario; P needs to activate to activate E, E needs to lock on and catch the normally closed switch on P to start the score motor running.

While the score motor is running, another switch closed on E will cause either the 100pt or 1000pt relays to activate (M or L), depending on whether the game is set on Add a Ball or Novelty mode, via score motor switch at 1A (which pulses five times to get the 500 or 5000 score).

So... check the switches on P and E. Tighten the switch stacks, burnish the contacts, check the gaps.

#6 8 years ago

................So I tried the suggestion of kovalski3, and while I learned that the sequence bank relays are relatively easy to access, I had no results. On to the advice of DirtFlipper, which I followed to the letter. No results. Then this paragraph jumped out at me:

"A switch closing on E causes the score motor to run, in conjunction with a NORMALLY CLOSED switch on P. So this sets up a possibly touchy timing scenario; P needs to activate to activate E, E needs to lock on and catch the NORMALLY CLOSED switch on P to start the score motor running."

My P relay had no normally closed contacts! Somebody had the relay apart and did not assemble it correctly! I installed the contacts correctly, and everything fell into place. My Bank Shot is now working like it should!

I guess the moral here is: Never assume that the person who worked on the machine before you knew what the hell they were doing. If that makes any sense?

Thanks, guys!
E

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Venice, Florida, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-shot-rollover-switches-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.