View topic image gallery

20160117_134708_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20160117_131251_(resized).jpg
bab_balls_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
bank_a_ball_plastic_balls_(resized).png
#1 8 years ago

I have 3 pool balls that are bad and need replaced on a Bank a Ball - 2, 6, & 14.

If anyone has one and wants to sell/trade any of these let me know.

I have a couple options.

No. 1 is I have 3 spares that are good but the wrong no's.. I could try to re-paint to the correct color and place a decal and clear - does anyone have a source for the decals? Maybe a hobby shop that has model car kits, pinewood derby kits, etc.? Or, maybe someone has bought them online? Best paint? - I was going to use acrylic.

Option No. 2 would be to order from PBR. Has anyone received one of their pool balls yet? If so do they blend in well with your other pool balls or do they stand out. I heard they were $20 apiece - I will have to call Steve to verify.

#2 8 years ago

more like $30 a ball

http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

bank_a_ball_plastic_balls_(resized).pngbank_a_ball_plastic_balls_(resized).png

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#3 8 years ago

I didn't know they were available. I'm just missing the #1 ball. It's been replaced with a #14. For $30 I may just buy one. Aging it is another thing. Don't know how to do that. I certainly wouldn't pay $450 for the complete set. But then again, I've made plenty of bad investments.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

more like $30 a ball

3 balls for $90 - ouch

#5 8 years ago

I've made several of my own. Just make and print out the number on your computer.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I've made several of my own. Just make and print out the number on your computer.

Waterslide decal jr?

#7 8 years ago

I just used plain paper and put some clear tape over it. It was a long time ago when I made them, so I don't remember if I cleared over the label or not.

#8 8 years ago

I have a jpeg with the art. I'll email the image to you too Hoov

bab_balls_(resized).jpgbab_balls_(resized).jpg

#9 8 years ago

Thanks Ken!

#10 8 years ago

Yeah 30 bucks a pop I bought one for my spare flipper pool that is currently collecting dust

2 weeks later
#11 8 years ago

This "Bank a Ball" has five homemade drop down balls. Can you guess which ones they are? Vic, you know, so don't answer! BTW, I do have a better backglass for the game.

20160117_131251_(resized).jpg20160117_131251_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

You also need a paint job! I could bring you a repainted cab to Allentown

#13 8 years ago

jr,

You did such a good job on matching the paint to those pool balls that it's really tough to guess.

How about: 2,3,5,7,13?

I would make the winner guess the exact 5 balls and not give any out.

BTW jr, did you use acrylic or some other paint? I'm getting ready to re-paint 3 balls on 2 different Bank a Balls I'm working on as soon as I finish the playfields.

#14 8 years ago

3 5 7 11 13

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Can you guess which ones they are?

11, 12, 13, 14, 15

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Nah, looks great as an original survivor.

#18 8 years ago

9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

#19 8 years ago

Great job on the pool balls. I have no idea which ones are new.
Maybe a bit off topic, and I was going to list this in a few months, but figured guys reading this topic might have some interest.
I have a Flipper Pool restored by Nick Raschilla which I will sell for lack of space. I can take and send pictures, but if you know Nick's work, it probably tells you much of what you need to know. Looks and plays great. $2,500 firm. I know on the high end price wise, but if you want top shelf quality like I do for ones which go in your home, it costs.
I bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy it was restored for, and the cost of Nick's work exceeds the price. No low ball offers please, I will store it for future rotation versus taking less than it's worth.
You can reach me via pinside. That said, I don't look at the site much, so feel free to email me at [email protected] or take a look at my website at SlotsEtc.com If you're in the NY/NJ/CT area, you can come over and play it or have someone look at it on your behalf...
Rich Wolfin

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Nah. It's pretty banged up, but it's just a player copy. If I want to ogle over a real nice one, I just go to Vic's! Oddly, we both got our "BaBs" from the same guy!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

jr,
You did such a good job on matching the paint to those pool balls that it's really tough to guess.
BTW jr, did you use acrylic or some other paint? I'm getting ready to re-paint 3 balls on 2 different Bank a Balls I'm working on as soon as I finish the playfields.

Hoov,
It's so damn long ago, I don't even remember what paint I used. I did have a lot of those little bottles of acrylic brush-on paints around at that time though, so likely that's what I used. The balls themselves are wooden hemispheres. I got them and all those bottles of paint at AC Moore. No one has guessed all the right ones yet.

#22 8 years ago

2 4 12 13 14 is my guess. I have to look at them on my iPad mini because I'm on vacation outside the USA. Great job painting them.

Bruce

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

jr,

2/5 correct

#24 8 years ago

3/5 correct.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

11, 12, 13, 14, 15

2/5 correct.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

9, 10, 11, 12, 13.

1/5 correct.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

2 4 12 13 14 is my guess. I have to look at them on my iPad mini because I'm on vacation outside the USA. Great job painting them.
Bruce

1/5 correct.

#28 8 years ago

I was looking for brush strokes and any oddness in the number graphics, which in close up appear to be on the 1,7,13,14,15.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I was looking for brush strokes and any oddness in the number graphics, which in close up appear to be on the 1,7,13,14,15.

3/5 correct.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Hoov,
It's so damn long ago, I don't even remember what paint I used. I did have a lot of those little bottles of acrylic brush-on paints around at that time though, so likely that's what I used. The balls themselves are wooden hemispheres. I got them and all those bottles of paint at AC Moore. No one has guessed all the right ones yet.

Thanks jr

BTW - Your contests are tough because your repro's are so good!

#31 8 years ago

This is mine all original except for #1 which is a #15.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#32 8 years ago

Dang, easy to paint it yellow and slap a number one on it!

#33 8 years ago

Maybe, it's in storage.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Thanks jr
BTW - Your contests are tough because your repro's are so good!

Thanks, Hoov. When do you think I should reveal the "winning numbers"?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Maybe, it's in storage.

Yeah, I know what that's like!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Thanks, Hoov. When do you think I should reveal the "winning numbers"?

Tonight jr!

#37 8 years ago

20160117_134708_(resized).jpg20160117_134708_(resized).jpg

#38 8 years ago

Very nice Joe. Sell them at $25 each!

#39 8 years ago

Lookin good

#40 8 years ago

Very nice. Is there touchup on the 12 and 13 though? (touchup on the numbers is what I was going by)

#41 8 years ago

No, I didn't touch up any of the other balls.
The game originally had a one ball, but I took it off and gave it to Vic Camp for his game so that he would have all originals in his. Mine was missing four already, so what's one more? Plus, my game isn't nearly as nice as his.

#42 8 years ago

That stinkin "1", nobody takes care in reseating the bank, breaks the 1 and 15 more often than not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ballflipper-pool-plastic-animation-pool-ball-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.