DBCC7E92-1287-4C88-8D55-3AFE7371997B (resized).jpeg
30E88612-725B-4AA2-B634-C387B5C5DA21 (resized).jpeg
pin05 (resized).jpg
pin03 (resized).jpg
pin02 (resized).jpg
pin01 (resized).jpg
pin04 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I bought a project bank-a-ball that has a couple of odd things. Under the coin box it says model SS5. The backglass has a big red stripe in front of the balls that looks factory. That stripe does allow light through and is the exact reddish-orange as other spots in the backglass. The playfield however doesn’t have anything special that I can see other than no serial tag

pin04 (resized).jpgpin04 (resized).jpg
pin03 (resized).jpgpin03 (resized).jpg
pin02 (resized).jpgpin02 (resized).jpg
pin01 (resized).jpgpin01 (resized).jpg
pin05 (resized).jpgpin05 (resized).jpg

Thoughts?

#2 3 years ago

Wow, looking forward to reading some of the responses. Strange bird indeed.

#3 3 years ago

That is interesting,

Doing some research on mine one of the biggest differences and the very early ones were if the 8 ball on the play field is an insert or painted.

Mine is an earlier serial number I believe but mine is painted making not the very early run

This is all reading. I have know actual knowledge as bank a ball was built 15 years before I was born.

Can you see the balls though the red stripe? And are the balls even there? That is the odd part to me!

Good luck and keep us informed

Looks like yours may clean up nicely, mine was dirtier than that and with a about a days of work came out very nice. Not perfect but a nice playing game.

Bank a ball is fun and challenging at times.

I either get great games or bad games on it.

I found not having it for free play adds to the fun if you get all of the balls the the 8 ball then you can crack a lot of games. If I was a kid playing this game I would have been in heaven. Getting the specials are what makes the game challenging and fun to me!!’

Edit:: I just reread my post I meant the black 8 ball closest to the flippers.

#4 3 years ago

The Gigi I have has SS4 stamped in that location but it has a serial number. MikeO here in KC thinks that's a cab part number.

Odd on the backglass though.

#5 3 years ago

Out of curiosity I just went and looked at mine it also has SS5 stamped in the same spot.

#6 3 years ago

Ok so it looks like the SS5 is not a variable based on the responses. As for the backglass the balls are there and light does pass through but you just see a heavy shadow of the balls. Maybe it was a factory replacement at some point after people would complain about the balls breaking?

Mike V

#7 3 years ago

Row Webb has 1 BAB glass left, the flaw he suggests is really trivial. I would suggest you grab it and then frame this odd duck glass.

#8 3 years ago

Umm Ron may not have one left!! I may have it

And if it is the one I have I could not even find the flaw. Mine was horrible

Old and Ron’s I was very happy with the purchase and would recommend it if he still has one.

Todd

30E88612-725B-4AA2-B634-C387B5C5DA21 (resized).jpeg30E88612-725B-4AA2-B634-C387B5C5DA21 (resized).jpegDBCC7E92-1287-4C88-8D55-3AFE7371997B (resized).jpegDBCC7E92-1287-4C88-8D55-3AFE7371997B (resized).jpeg
#9 3 years ago

Your game is not a sample game.
The painted-in window was likely done by an operator. Why?.....
I had one where the window was filled in black.
The "BAB" sample playfield has some variations from the production one. There were also early production ones with the variant playfield. Yours is a normal later production one.
I'd carefully scrape out the orange paint from the window, so that the animation balls are again visible.

Quoted from Bull:

Out of curiosity I just went and looked at mine it also has SS5 stamped in the same spot.

If you could, post photos of your playfield, and give us the serial number. It likely has the variant playfield. The one I saw was serial number 01072. It was only a playfield though, not a complete game. I submitted photos to ipdb.
The playfield arch stamp was the older black and white type. I believe they may have switched to the green one during the run of this game.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The one I saw was serial number 01072. It was only a playfield though, not a complete game. I submitted photos to ipdb.

Bank-A-Ball? I have no submissions in queue for that game...

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Bank-A-Ball? I have no submissions in queue for that game...

I have submitted photos (#65030 /31) of an early production playfield and serial number, which have been posted for some time. There are also a few other photos of a sample game playfield in the "Bank a Ball" listing submitted by Niki Heim.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Bull:

Umm Ron may not have one left!! I may have it
And if it is the one I have I could not even find the flaw. Mine was horrible
Old and Ron’s I was very happy with the purchase and would recommend it if he still has one.
Todd
[quoted image][quoted image]

He's still offering it on his website

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have submitted photos (#65030 /31) of an early production playfield and serial number, which have been posted for some time. There are also a few other photos of a sample game playfield in the "Bank a Ball" listing submitted by Niki Heim.

Oh, I thought you meant recent and not yet posted. Thank you for your pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ball-sample-game-questions?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.