Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SteveNZ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Just back to working on my Bank-A-Ball, I replaced a burnt out score motor and now have the game resetting and playing but not scoring on rollovers.

The pop bumpers score 1s when not lit and 10s when lit - so that is good.
Slingshots score 1's - also good.

Rollovers score nothing, they do bring the correct ball down on the backglass and the C relay operates. But no score.

When the C relay operates nothing else happens, the score motor does not run and I can't hear or see any other relay pull in.

I have a suspicion it has something to do with the P (series) relay, but that's only a guess because if I hold the P and C relays in I get scoring, but the P relay does not pull in with the rollovers, should it?

I have a schematic but I can't quite figure out what energises the P relay, it looks like it has something to do with the 1 to 15 coils or the 3 to 5 ball select, but neither of these make sense to me.

The game did previously work for me. Another suspicion I have is that there is a problem on the score motor switches - maybe I bumped something when changing the motor out, but I have looked carefully and can't see a problem there.

I hope someone can help me.

#2 8 years ago

A rollover should pull in both the ball relay and the P relay. The P relay needs to be a low ohm-age coil as to pull in when in series with the bal/bank relay. If somebody has replaced it for a standard coil then you'll get this issue. should be a 9733 or 9746

check out

http://www.pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html

#3 8 years ago

thanks pinhead52, that makes sense now form the schematic the power goes through the ball relay (ie the series relay is in series with the ball relay and power has to go through both.

I'll check what coil i have in the series relay (P relay) but it used to work so I assume it is correct.

#4 8 years ago

Yea if the coil was open then you wouldnt get the ball relay pulling in... If you have a ohm meter measure the coil...maybe the resistance has gone up?

#5 8 years ago

Ok I did some more testing. On the schematic the P relay pulls in everytime for the 7 and 15 rollovers, for the 1-6 and 8 to 14 the P relay only pulls in the first time the rollover is rolled over.

I checked this out and if I activate the rollover the first time the P relay does pull in and it does pull in each and every time for the 7 and 15 rollover. I just hadn't realised that it was how it was supposed to work. So my first suspicion was that the P relay was the cause of my problems, but it looks like it isn't.

Just confirming that I am still not getting any scoring from the rollovers and also I now noticed that I also do not get any scoring from the stand up targets. But 1 and 10 point targets score, so I guess the problem is with 5 and 50 points.

I assume that there must be something that makes the score motor run 5 times for 5 points or 50 points, maybe it is this item that is not working. I did try activating the 5 points and the 50 points relay manually and I get no scoring. Any idea what makes 5 or 50 points work?

#6 8 years ago

Ok more testing. Manually pressing the 5 point relay makes the score motor spin while I hold the relay in but no points are added.
Manually holding in the 50 point relay makes the score motor spin and 10 points are added while I hold the relay in.

Then I looked at the schematic again and saw that I need score motor switch 2B to be closed, and it wasn't because the motor brake was too tight. loosened that off and now 50 point scoring is working.

Just need to figure out why 5 point scoring is not working

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ball-rollovers-do-not-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.