(Topic ID: 270319)

Bank-A-Ball lights staying on.......

By TeaHaus

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello from Canada! This morning turned on my Gottlieb 1965 Bank-a-ball and suddenly realized that none of the lights (targets or roll-overs) where going out when triggered. They start the game on and when you hit a target or roll-over the top lanes, the points score and the lights go out letting you know that you've 'sunk' that particular ball. It was working as such yesterday. This morning all the lights stay lit, even when you hit the target. The correct score is registered but the lights stay on. Is this something as simple as a short somewhere under the pf? I have to admit, I haven't taken too much of a look under the pf since it has been working well since I got it last December. Any help/advice is appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Do you have a schematic? If so, check out the left (6v.) side and have a look at the targets and ROs.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Do you have a schematic? If so, check out the left (6v.) side and have a look at the targets and ROs.

Yes, I do have the schematic. Thanks for the tip. Will check that out. Cheers

#4 3 years ago

Rule #1 for Bank a Ball. When something wonky happens with the lights or the scoring, inspect the reset bank in the back box to make sure it is seated all the way in.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Rule #1 for Bank a Ball. When something wonky happens with the lights or the scoring, inspect the reset bank in the back box to make sure it is seated all the way in.

Correct!! Thanks so much for this tip!! I got this game without any of the pool balls in the backbox so the reset bank in there had come off it's mooring on one side. Apparently caused the lights to go goofy. Reseated and everything works as it should.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from TeaHaus:

Correct!! Thanks so much for this tip!! I got this game without any of the pool balls in the backbox so the reset bank in there had come off it's mooring on one side. Apparently caused the lights to go goofy. Reseated and everything works as it should.

You can get replacement balls but it will cost a pretty penny

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

You can get replacement balls but it will cost a pretty penny

Yes, PBR has them but to replace each one (yes, they are all gone) would cost me $25 less than I paid for the whole pinball (I'm in Canada so must factor in the exchange rate!)!!! I got a steal of a deal and I doubt I'll be selling it.

#8 3 years ago

I used to own a bank-a-ball for a number of years before another Pinsider talked me into parting with it a couple years ago. Great game with cool mechanical back box animation.

Periodically, something would go wonky with either the lights in the top rollovers or the 50/5 point scoring. Took me two or three troubleshooting attempts to realize the fault was usually with the carriage of that reset bank sliding out of position just a little. When that happened, the switches in the bank we're not getting correctly activated. I quickly learned to always check that first.

You might try roughing up the slotted metal tabs with a little sandpaper or you might have to use a pliers to tighten the wing nuts to keep it from recurring. I hope you can manage to find the pool balls to make it whole again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ball-lights-staying-on?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.