• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3209 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3210 (resized).JPEG
IMG_3202 (resized).JPEG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider racingpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAl:

Anyone worked on replacing the balls on their Gottlieb Bank A Ball / similar? I found the Aussie(?) YT video showing how to pull the ball assembly off, but he doesn't actually replace a ball from the arm / pin it rides on. I don't want to assume that I can just squeeze the pin to remove the old ball arm (or can I?). I also have an arm without a ball. I do have new "balls on arms" from Steve @ PBR. Posted same on FB group EM Pinball, but no helpful responses (yet). Photos and/or video is super helpful if anyone has a reference. Thanks !

The ‘easiest’ way to install a new ball is to cut a slot out to allow the ball to slip around the switch bar. Tighten the switch bar if necessary. Follow the ball instructions to install the two rivets to lock it on.

In order to install like the factory did you would probably need nos switch bars as the old ones probably wouldn’t have enough meat to re-fasten.

Mike V

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAl:

Thank you, Mike. Looks like I need to reach out to Steve @PBR to source the rivets? I'll play with one of the balls I'm replacing re: the slot idea, as I'd hate to ruin a $30 part. Also not sure how I'd tighten the new ball around the shaft it sits on...

The rivets and install instructions come with the ball. I guess I misunderstood you as you said you already have the ball from Steve. If there where no rivets or instructions contact me as I can supply them for free

Mike V

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider racingpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ball-animation-actuator?tu=racingpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.