(Topic ID: 210832)

Bank A Ball

By jmsvero

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BAB12 (resized).jpg
    BAB11 (resized).jpg
    BAB10 (resized).jpg
    BAB9 (resized).jpg
    BAB8 (resized).jpg
    BAB7 (resized).jpg
    BAB6 (resized).jpg
    BAB5 (resized).jpg
    BAB4 (resized).jpg
    BAB2 (resized).jpg
    BAB1 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Picked up a Bank A ball by J.F. Linck Corp.
    I think it is from 1932 since I have a copy of an advertisements from
    3 different pages from "The Coin Machine Journal" from April 1932.

BAB1 (resized).jpgBAB1 (resized).jpg

BAB2 (resized).jpgBAB2 (resized).jpg

BAB4 (resized).jpgBAB4 (resized).jpg

BAB5 (resized).jpgBAB5 (resized).jpg

BAB6 (resized).jpgBAB6 (resized).jpg

BAB7 (resized).jpgBAB7 (resized).jpg

BAB8 (resized).jpgBAB8 (resized).jpg

BAB9 (resized).jpgBAB9 (resized).jpg

BAB10 (resized).jpgBAB10 (resized).jpg

BAB11 (resized).jpgBAB11 (resized).jpg

BAB12 (resized).jpgBAB12 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Yeah it is Jeff. The knob on the right side of the plunger adjusts the angle of the piece in the upper right side of playfield to bank the balls to the pockets.
    Jeff

#4 6 years ago

Very cool! Thanks for posting such great photos. Gameplay looks very interesting, and I was wondering about the possibility of adjusting the angle on that top-right element. Glad you confirmed that. The part I don't understand is; how is a ball supposed to rest in the 100, 200, or 300 portions? Are you supposed to count that score if the ball just sorta rattles around in there and then careens down to the bottom? Also, what are the 2000 point "mechanical pockets" the playfield instructions refer to?

Great find!

#5 6 years ago

Ryan,
    When you insert the coin, it opens those pockets, lifts the bottom bar and lets the balls roll to the shooter. It was jammed in the pictures I took when I got it. Once the balls are released, the arms close and leaves a small opening for the balls to enter and to hold the balls in the three pockets (100, 200 and 300 points). The 2000 points they talk about in the instructions, are when you get a ball in each of the three pockets, you get a 2000 point bonus. I will take a few pictures with the machine unjammed to show.

#6 6 years ago

The arms move(!??!). I was not expecting that. I figured they were just stationary flag springs. Very cool, indeed!!! Thanks for the explanation of mechanics and scoring. Makes a lot more sense now! Makes me wish I could attend Freeplay Florida (even more). Your booth looks incredible. Any chance you'll be at TPF this month? I'll be there for my first time and exhibiting my artwork at the Pinside booth...and stealing away once in a while to enjoy other Jeff's booth.

#7 6 years ago

Cool!

#8 6 years ago

Ryan,
    I will not be able to attend TPF this year. I am trying to figure out how to get there next year. If I want to bring games, which is what I want to do, it is a long drive from Florida. I am sure you will be trying to steal away quite a bit to Jeff's booth to play those awesome games. What type of artwork do you do?
    Jeff

#9 6 years ago

Hi Jeff,

Quoted from jmsvero:

What type of artwork do you do?

I'm a cartoonist. Here's some pinball-related work I've done:

http://elephanteater.com/10761

...and some comic books:

http://elephanteater.com/comics

Quoted from jmsvero:

I am sure you will be trying to steal away quite a bit to Jeff's booth to play those awesome games.

You're so right. (Other) Jeff's "History of Pinball" booth is going to make it very difficult to stay behind my table.

Quoted from jmsvero:

I will not be able to attend TPF this year. I am trying to figure out how to get there next year.

I should be there again in 2019! Hope you can make it!!!

Quoted from jmsvero:

If I want to bring games, which is what I want to do, it is a long drive from Florida.

Man, I've driven through Florida before ( http://elephanteater.com/5573 ) and that is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong state, but...

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Just think about what kind of a pre-war showing there would be if you rolled into Texas with your line-up. Between the two Jeffs there would be, like, 40 machines!!! *dies*

TPF2019!!!

*fingers crossed*
    -Ryan

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Or maybe... Ill roll into Florida

Now, if you could both roll up to Michigan, that would be ideal.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bank-a-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.